No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one is labeling David as " the head case"!

David took off from the gate room, against proper protocol , showing obvious symptoms of stress and shock. Of course Sam would react and call it in. He only wants to help. That was your choice of words, not mine or the NPC I'm currently controlling. *shrug*

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Hugs, O. Good luck with your Summer classes! It sounds like a lot on your plate with all those classes and assessments you've been doing. I'm glad I'm not studying and it makes me reconsider not to study in the future!

I'm a nurse in a nursing home, which is 24 hour care. I try to post when I can to. Like O, I come here to relax.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
        No one is labeling David as " the head case"!

David took off from the gate room, against proper protocol , showing obvious symptoms of stress and shock. Of course Sam would react and call it in. He only wants to help. That was your choice of words, not mine or the NPC I'm currently controlling. *shrug*
        I know Sam just wants to help. But, I do have proof DW got the label:

Originally posted by aintright View Post
        <<GRRRRRRRRRR!>>
        ((snipping fabulous amusing stuff))

Sujie had caught Sam in the corner of her eyes. Keeping her back to him as she made a dash for the desk. "Where is Carrie? She can have the head case. I will take both the staff injury and the concussion but, I don't do psych cases. You guys dealt me the Colonel today. That is my limit of the type for this month." She was tapping her nails on the desktop.

((snipping more wonderful amusing stuff))
        And :

Originally posted by aintright View Post
        <<GRRRRRRRRRR!>>

((snipping some lovely blackmail drama ))

The Vet stopped and took a deep breath of the two instigators before her. There was certainly a hole to china below her foot. "Order the psych work up for the head case. It is in there." She nodded towards the folder. "If anyone cares I will be in with the staff wound. Who is observing our concussion? Well don't just stand there, get on it!"

((snippedysnip ))

Before you get the wrong idea, I love those posts, as noted, but just wanted to show where I found the label...

I know what it looked like when DW got back on base, but that shock has worn off by now, he is *almost* back to normal. The chat with Hughes being a case in point, and probably even Sam's own chat with DW.

Still, it will be funny to see what happens next with the vet & DW & all.

Comment

As I read it the first quote is about Davis head injure, so we can strike that one out of the discussion...

The second one... Well that is Sujie being Sujie... Ainty acting very much in character (Love that post Ainty!!)
          You handed us the cards so to speak Ryn and we're plying by that... and having to talk to a psychologist about what you've been through isn't all that bad And at this point definitely not a "death-sentence" to active off world duty.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Not to nitpick, but I think she is talking about SG-5, not Davis . If you follow up on the rest of the sentence, it does have psych in there, and I doubt Davis' injury is a psych case, that is a hardware case as it were.

Eh, whatever, he's got the label now, I'll deal with it one post or another.

Comment

OK, who of you, folks, told NG that I had gastroscopy IRL on Friday?!
              Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                I know what it looked like when DW got back on base, but that shock has worn off by now, he is *almost* back to normal. The chat with Hughes being a case in point, and probably even Sam's own chat with DW.
                If you know what it looked like, then you should know that the conversation would be coming. How's the medical staff supposed to know about the chat with Hughes? If they did, they'd probably have Rob lined up for the first conversation with Josh or a psychologist by now. Sam's doing exactly what he should, getting David help, and he'll probably do the same for Rob (considering he's a lot more obvious about his mental problems now).

You've got to keep in mind, some people are extremely good at hiding their problems, too. The medical department is taking appropriate precautions; Sujie, of course, is being Sujie (as NG already said).

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                and having to talk to a psychologist about what you've been through isn't all that bad And at this point definitely not a "death-sentence" to active off world duty.
                Speak for other characters. Hughes is probably grounded.

Comment

It was Sam's own idea for David to go talk to Hughes.

Comment

I meant what was said between them.

Comment

$%^&!#$@$%*&$^#$%^&(*&()%&^*&#%$^#$@$!!!!@#$!#@$@#$#@$!#@$

I just found out that I lost all my e-mails prior to half a year ago (dating back for about 10 years). Apparently, when I downloaded Thunderbird 2 a half a year ago to experiment with it, it downloaded all my messages WITHOUT leaving a copy on the e-mail server (making the only copies of the messages on my hard drive after a certain period). So, when I re-formatted my hard drive and installed windows 7, ALL the messages were lost, and I can't get them back, because apparently they were taken off the e-mail server.

I'm going to go search through my external drives praying that I might have made a copy of the data...sorry, I had to rant about this somewhere..
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

My dad talked my ear off, teaching me first to backup everything, then to format drives. (I used to lose too many of important information. )
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                          I meant what was said between them.
                          OK. And I meant that, the fact that he did go to talk to H was in itself proof already that the shock was wearing off...

Oh, and by the by, is anyone out there willing to play a shrink? Or the shrink, aka whatshername, Amanda something or other? >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                            PA:
                            As Ryn mentioned, this is quite impossible.

I began to write out some equations (I'll spare you the math), but what I found out is that the spear must have been thrown at around 166 m/s, which I figured was possible (a human punch is about double this speed). The impossible part comes from the fact that

a. she must have been traveling at the same speed as the spear in order to jump on top of it (that's about 370 miles per hour or about 600 km/h), which, as you know, is faster than a human can run

b. the spear will have flown in the air for less than half of a second before reaching it's destination

So, though it may be possible in the matrix, one cannot, in this universe, throw a spear and then ride on top of it
                            Let me just say Dear Col, I can do it myself, in reality, no wires, no gimicks, nothing, I can spear surf, heck I can to to the roof without a ladder. martial arts learned well know pretty much no limits.

Not pressing a point mkind you, but like I said, most of the martial arts stuff Xi does is based off my own experiances off gateworld here in China

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                              OK. And I meant that, the fact that he did go to talk to H was in itself proof already that the shock was wearing off...
                              Just because the shock may or may not be wearing off (as possibly evidenced by their chat), it doesn't dismiss the fact it existed. Williams won't get off the hook that easily. And he'll be having another lovely little chat because of it.

You set up the situation, you deal with your character being called a "head case."

Comment

hey guys I have a question; can someone update Time Zones post? If so, or whevner it is done, my time zone is GMT +8, unless i'm in America when it is GMT -5/4 depending on daylight savings time

thanks!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X