• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! ...on both accounts

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
      sounds like you had fun, O. 12 Generals I ain't even seen one....Although I have seen few Military peeps around locally but not often. I believe they may have been the Australian Army Officers/NCOs.
      It's not too uncommon for me. Spend enough time in my family and you're bound to have more than a few encounters with some very important people.

It'd been a while since I was around that much rank though. Probably when my uncle was first stationed at the Pentagon and took me and my parents on a tour.

And, for the record, I'm twenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
        It's not too uncommon for me. Spend enough time in my family and you're bound to have more than a few encounters with some very important people.

It'd been a while since I was around that much rank though. Probably when my uncle was first stationed at the Pentagon and took me and my parents on a tour.

And, for the record, I'm twenty.
        You could visit my house. My wife is a Naval Captain (Colonel equivalent), my eldest daughter a Lt. Commander and my son a Captain (Army), me a lowly Naval Commander. Oh and my middle daughter is a Cop
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Cool! Kym Tyler is Navy so you can help me keep on track. I've been bugging my niece, CPO - Ordinance on a destroyer, for naval tidbits.

Oh, if Sharpy doesn't get to your bio, send it to Gen Blue.

BTW - everyone seems to get a 'nickname' here, I guess your's might be PJO.
          You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
            Cool! Kym Tyler is Navy so you can help me keep on track. I've been bugging my niece, CPO - Ordinance on a destroyer, for naval tidbits.

Oh, if Sharpy doesn't get to your bio, send it to Gen Blue.

Well on my ridiculous but at times absurdly funny FanClub (yes I have on of those, courtesy of my youngest daughter) they call me Puddles. On my Fic thread it's PJ, other places it's PJOZ, and some of the military folks it's SIR

Chief Petty Officer, cool rank. Often on ships a CPO will carry more clout than the skipper

And I think I'll do a back up and send to Gen Blue. Here's the bio, just tell me if I need to down rank him

Spoiler:
            - VADM William Alexander MacGregor:
            Age 58- Ht 5'11"- medium build, Lt Brown Hair. Fair complexion.

A Royal Australian naval officer new to the reality of the Stargate World. He is not a graduate officer, rather he came up through the ranks, until selected for officer training in his early career. He became a aviator, firstly on A4 Skyhawks and has had much experience in combat, as an exchage officer with US and British air arms, and commanding a fleet of ships for the Royal Australian Navy.
            Because of his unique strategies and ways of out thinking the enemy, he has been chosen by a longtime friend, General O’Neill, to serve as the StarFleet Commanding Officer until more ships and personnel/commanders may be trained to join the Fleet. Admiral MacGregor has been assigned aboard the New Ship, Dreadnaught as it is the flagship and he is the Fleet Commander of the Milky Way Fleet.

He has a wicked sense of humour, and is well liked by those who serve under him. SG1 have become a part of his circle, advising him and taking advice from him. Cam Mitchell has become one of his most trusted confidants, after his wife Anne, Gen O’Neill and his niece Samantha Carter. Has two adult children, one of whom is a MIA SG member.

Captain-Navy Anne Elizabeth MacGregor, Naval Surgeon. Attached to the fleet as Chief MO

Has no special hobbies, except for country music and old American cars. Drives a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro and is now based in Colorado, with his wife Anne.

He is, much to his own surprise, a reborn Ancient warrior, created to live a mortal life with limited Ancient powers that surface when trouble arises. He will usually die in combat, intially he fought against the forces of the Ori, but with each rebirth, he battled any and all evil. Normally after originally living in the Ancient homeworld, he was reborn again on Earth. But a few of his many lives have been speny elsewhere in the Milkyway galaxy. Yet each time he is reborn, he has no memory of past lives, save for the odd flashes now and then.

Comment

PJOZ - I see that Sharp has sent you a PM about your bio and copied me. I agree with his comments. It's way outside our 'world' parameters. Sorry.
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                PJOZ - I see that Sharp has sent you a PM about your bio and copied me. I agree with his comments. It's way outside our 'world' parameters. Sorry.
                It's okay I sent him a edited version, awaiting reply

Edited version
                Spoiler:
                - VADM William Alexander MacGregor:
                Age 58- Ht 5'11"- medium build, Lt Brown Hair. Fair complexion.
                A Royal Australian naval officer new to the reality of the Stargate World. He is not a graduate officer, rather he came up through the ranks, until selected for officer training in his early career. He became a aviator, firstly on A4 Skyhawks and has had much experience in combat, as an exchage officer with US and British air arms, and commanding a fleet of ships for the Royal Australian Navy.

Because of his unique strategies and ways of out thinking the enemy, he has been chosen by a longtime friend, General O’Neill, to serve as the BC 304Fleet Commanding Officer until more ships and personnel/commanders may be trained to join the Fleet. Admiral MacGregor has been assigned aboard the Daedalus as the flagship and will be the Fleet Commander of the Milky Way Fleet, with Colonel Steven Caldwell as his 2IC.

He has a wicked sense of humour, and is well liked by those who serve under him. SG1 have become a part of his circle, advising him and taking advice from him. Cam Mitchell has become one of his most trusted confidants, after his wife Anne, Gen O’Neill. Has two adult children, one of whom is a MIA SG member of the missing SG11.

His daughter Catherine (Cate) is an operative with ASIS, Australia's equivlent to the CIA, and has been planted into the Stargate programme unbeknown to her parents, with her Air Force rank of RAAF Flight Lt. She is currently attached to Atlantis as a Jumper pilot.

Has no special hobbies, except for country music and old American cars. Drives a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro and is now based in Colorado, with his wife Anne.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                  Admiral works for him

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    Admiral works for him
                    But, but....I'm only a Commander, Admirals are way up there^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                      But, but....I'm only a Commander, Admirals are way up there^^^^^^
                      Yes, true, BUT, I gave you the rank i'm royalty remember? As a Princess I gave you the rank of Admiral of the Chinese Navy, you forget that so soon?? !!!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

But how will I communicate I only speak Malay, Tagalog, Pashtu, German, Spanish and 'Strine Oh and I know about three words in Mandarin, but I don't think that will cut it?

Comment

But how will I communicate I only speak Malay, Tagalog, Pashtu, German, Spanish and 'Strine Oh and I know about three words in Mandarin, but I don't think that will cut it?
                          Malay is close to Mandarin (I think it sounds the same), German I know zlitch, Spanish I know only two words ("yes" and "please") the rest I've never heard of

Oh and there are new ways to communicate your thoughts... namely, a protocol droid....

Comment

You could visit my house. My wife is a Naval Captain (Colonel equivalent), my eldest daughter a Lt. Commander and my son a Captain (Army), me a lowly Naval Commander. Oh and my middle daughter is a Cop
                            Most of our rank has since retired. You already know about my uncle, but there's also my sister with the FBI.

But this generation seems to be professional athletes. Got one cousin already playing baseball, another that probably will (he's younger, but he's probably the better of the two), and another cousin who'll probably bowl.

And then there's me. The undecided one who doesn't really have a solid plan in mind.

Comment

Most of our rank has since retired. You already know about my uncle, but there's also my sister with the FBI.
                              (bad joke i know)

Was she in Chicago at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Malay is close to Mandarin (I think it sounds the same), German I know zlitch, Spanish I know only two words ("yes" and "please") the rest I've never heard of

Oh and there are new ways to communicate your thoughts... namely, a protocol droid....
                                Not even close. Malay is related to Hindi and uses a lot of Arabic, English and other borrowed words.

For example Apa Khabar kawan saya, jam berapa sekarang?

Pashtu is the main language in Afghanistan and Northern Pakistan. Tagalog is from the Philippines, related to Malay and 'Strine is Aussie English

But this generation seems to be professional athletes. Got one cousin already playing baseball, another that probably will (he's younger, but he's probably the better of the two), and another cousin who'll probably bowl.

And then there's me. The undecided one who doesn't really have a solid plan in mind.
                                Navy, best job in the world

Comment

Working...
                                X