Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<Senior Airman Dan Dippel - Woods near foreston>>

Dan walked through the woods getting ever closer to foreston when he heard
    ** Form up on the end of the road. We'll get presentable and report to Major Delgado and Sheriff Anderson. **

**Roger that Ma'am** He turned 90 degrees and headed straight for the road, as he approached it, he saw his fellow search party member's cleaning their faces and did the same, splashing a little water from his canteen on his face to ease the process...

Comment

((woooooo! I get to post!!!!!!! ))

Ryn too had noticed the truck pass them by, and keyed an affirmative on the request to form up on the end of the road. Just two 'dots' sounded through on Tyler's radio, meaning 'aye, aye'. Ryn never did use much words on a radio transmission, preferring code as was common in her reality. She never did stop to think that here, it could have a slightly different meaning.
      She winced seeing the truck go up and down as it quite didn't make it past all the potholes in the road. Hidden from view, she watched it move away into the distance.

The sergeant, accompanied by airman Smithers, hurried towards the designated spot, as fast as possible. She pushed a giant bush somewhat aside and emerged onto the road. Watching Tyler and the Roman busy with their face paint, she too took a cloth from the pack, splashed some water on it and began to smear off the paint. It did take some time and when she was finished there was still a greenish/brown hue on her face. The cloth however was full, causing Ryn to think she had gotten rid of everything.

She toed a rock on the road which was hiding a hole.
      "Wow. They really should repair this. But I guess tarmac isn't easy to come by in these parts. Right, cap ?" Maybe their allies would have a means, Ryn mused.

Comment

[Woods - near Foreston ]

Kym nodded in agreement, "Probably no more tarmac as we knew it at all." A thought struck her, "Justinius, on Earth the Romans were famed for the quality of their roads. Some of them have survived as usable for 2000 years. Did that tradition of the Legions carry on with you?"
        Gaius put his fists to the small of his back and groaned, "Every hastatus spends his time digging, hauling and leveling. I'm glad to be in the surveying corps now."
        "Awesome," she said sincerely, "I'm sure General Blue will be happy to learn that."
        The Roman grinned wickedly, "The hastati won't be happy but, it's good for them. Teaches them the value of hard work. 2000 years, you say?"
        "Roads and aquaducts and buildings. I'll show you pictures when we get back to base." Tyler checked the squad to make sure none of them were too scary looking, "Let's go report to the Major. Hopefully he won't need us and we can head for home."

<< to Foreston >> (( Delgado or Anderson, whoever sees them first. ))
        (( Via Appia - 2300 years old and parts of which carry auto traffic to this day. ))

You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

>> from the Hangar bay >>

< Basket ball court >

While doing some stretching exercises as he walked, Tim let his thoughts wander freely for awhile, pondering on some of the events over the last 24 hours. The refugees… including a bunch of kids, did they ever have had kids on the base before? He didn’t think so, and definitely wished it would never happen again, for the kid’s sake. And then that so called “incident” in the brig with that creep and sorry excuse for a human being called Bisenti…

Tim took a deep breath to try and calm down his feelings; sure he’d seen his faire share of abuse and violence over the years, but this! He felt the anger trying to rise, took yet another deep sigh and then opened the big plastic box just outside the court, grabbed one of the basket balls and started to dribble around. Making fast, low turns, intervals of various speeds and every once in a while an attempt to score. It took his full attention to maintain control of the ball, and a couple of minutes later he was totally absorbed by the game and unaware of his surroundings…

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

((*Pulls CJ's muse out of the back corner where it was hiding*))

[Jogging Track/Basketball Court]

CJ started to slow her pace a little as she approached the Basketball Court during her 6th time around the 1/2 mile jogging track. She hadn't noticed when the man entered the rec area of the base grounds. But she was sure noticing him now. The way he was pounding the basketball against the asphalt made her think of a star wrestler pounding his opponent to the ground. "Wonder who he thinks that ball is." She said aloud, her voice strong despite the physical excursion of her workout.

Running over to the court, instead of around the track again, she appraoched the area of the court where the man seemed to be fully engrossed in a game for one. CJ easily blocked the attempted shot at the basket, capturing the basketball for herself, spinning around, and sending it flying through the air to gently whish through the basket. The captain offered the man a half-smile as she handed the ball back to him. "The court's a great place to take out your frustrations, but it looked like that ball needed rescuing."

Dear Journal
            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

< Basket ball court >

‘Oh crap…’ Tim winced and swore under his breath as someone sneaked up from behind and grabbed the ball from him. He’d been so focused he hadn’t even noticed that someone had entered the basket ball court.
              He watched, panting and sweating, supporting his hands on his thighs, as the captain from the lounge yesterday evening, threw the ball through the loop and then retroceded the ball when she got back.
              Tim straightened up and nodded “Thanks. Nice shot Captain.” He took off his sweater and wiped his face with it; the long sleeved t-shirt he had under was more then enough to keep him warm at this point, wrapped the sweater up and then tossed the it away towards the edge of the court.

“Yeah, maybe you’re right, maybe it did need a break But better the ball then…” He suddenly shut up and bounced the ball a couple of times on the ground, looking down ‘Not now, not with an officer you idiot! Maybe a talk with Sam later about this mess, but this is definitely not the time to be open hearted about stuff like that’ before grabbing the ball with both hands and looked back up at the captain, with an attempt of a small grin. “What do you say Ma’am, want to play some? It’s more fun if you have an opponent…”

Comment

[Basketball Court]

"Welcome." CJ said, acknowleding the compliment with a short nod. It wasn't often that she got the chance to show off her basketball skills in front of an audience. Not that she was the next Michael Jordan or anything, but she could hold her own on the court. Ask her to play football or golf, and she'd balk, but basketball was ok. The Captain watched as the man took off his sweater and rubbed the sweat off his face, and thought that she should recognize him from somewhere. That's when she remembered him from the lounge the previous evening. He was the medic that had objected to the classification of zats as 'harmless'.

CJ bit her tongue to keep from asking the obvious question of better than who? Everyone on base had been under a lot of pressure lately and she could let this incident slide since the man obviously had enough common sense to take out his anger in healthy ways. Besides, if she really thought about it, there were plently of people that she wished she could beat on the ground like a basketball. That idiot who had taken Margaret as a hostage being at the top of her list.

CJ returned the man's grin with a slight one of her own. "Sure, I'll play. If you think you can handle it when I beat you." She challenged playfully.

Dear Journal
                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

< Basket ball court >

“I’m always up for a challenge” Tim started to walk up towards the middle of the court, bouncing the ball, changing hands with each bounceand then turned to face one of the backboards, waiting for the captain to take position in between.
                  “Okay, just so that we don’t have any misunderstandings here; what happens on the court stays on the court…” He grabbed the ball and remained still for a moment, giving her a small smile “and don’t expect any special treatment now, just because you’re an officer and I’m not. Agreed?”

Comment

[Basketball Court]

"Glad to hear it." CJ said with a smile when the man didn't back down. It was always good to meet someone who wasn't intimidated by an officer, as long as they were still respectful. And so far, the Captain couldn't complain. She followed his movements as he dribbled the ball toward the center line. She had already pinpointed several weak spots in his technique. Unless of course, he was just trying to lure her into a a false sense of confidence.

She moved into position between Tim and the basketball goal, facing him, and the opposite backboard. CJ forced her expression to remain serious, and unreadable. Her game face, as some would call it. "Oh, don't worry about me, Sgt. As far as I'm concerned, what happens on the court stays on the court. Besides, it's all for fun, anyway. Right?"

Dear Journal

Comment

< Basket ball court >

Tim bounced the ball a couple of times against the ground with his left hand, and looked the woman in front of him in the eyes, making sure he got her full attention before he took off towards the left, apparently aiming for a passage on her right side, then about a half a meter in front of her, he crouched, switched hand to control the ball and passed her on left instead.
                      Three long strides and one jump later and the ball went through the loop. He grabbed the ball and threw it towards the captain, making it hit the ground once before it reached her.

“First to ten?” His face was neutral, but he grinned inwardly, this was going to fun… Because after all; it wasn’t everyday you got a chance to beat an officer in some sort of game…
                      Not that he’d ever had a problem with who outranked who, it was more a rare occasion that an enlisted met an officer on such terms as they were now.

Comment

((Sorry it took so long, and it's not so great. ))

[Basketball Court]

CJ winced when she fell for the obvious fake passing move that Tim was able to accomplish. She really should have seen that one coming. She jogged a few steps, trying to catch the medic, watching helplessly as the ball wished through the net. She had to admit that it was a great shot. Obviously, it wasn't going to be as easy to beat this man as she had thought at first. Inwardly, she was impressed, but outwardly, her face was completely nuetral as she caught the ball he passed to her.

"It'll be a short game." She responded quickly before making her move. She bounced the ball, and then made a mad dash for the basket, just hoping that she would be too fast to be blocked by the medic.

Dear Journal

Comment

[ Near Foreston ] (( *takes the squad by the hand and leads them step by step* ))

Kym strolled along slowly, listening for a hail to "hold up" from the other base people.
                          Her own group was oddly silent, she expected some chatter, "What's for dinner" if nothing else.
                          sigpic

Comment

<<Airman Lief Nix>>

The airman had kept quiet since the last clarification of their directives from the captain. His stomach growled audibly. Before any comments could come his way he reached into his pack and took out a power bar. Chewing on the not so tasty item he snarled.

"A shame there hadn't been time to make a quick run to the bakery. I mean I can see not doing a sit down formal meal with the circumstances but, one of us visiting on everyone's behalf. A small picnic kind of scenario outside of town. Can't see how it would have hurt." Realizing he was rambling on he again fell quiet and finished off the bar.

<<wow ... sry jyn ... i really have been negligent with this chap ... so much so that i forgot his name>>
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                              ((Sorry it took so long, and it's not so great. ))

[Basketball Court]

CJ winced when she fell for the obvious fake passing move that Tim was able to accomplish. She really should have seen that one coming. She jogged a few steps, trying to catch the medic, watching helplessly as the ball wished through the net. She had to admit that it was a great shot. Obviously, it wasn't going to be as easy to beat this man as she had thought at first. Inwardly, she was impressed, but outwardly, her face was completely nuetral as she caught the ball he passed to her.

"It'll be a short game." She responded quickly before making her move. She bounced the ball, and then made a mad dash for the basket, just hoping that she would be too fast to be blocked by the medic.

< Basket ball court >

Tim grinned as he chased after the captain “Yeah, especially if you’re not putting in more effort then this captain”He came up alongside and reached for the ball, not managing to snatch it from her, but at least disturbing her enough to miss the shot, and then took the ball as it bounced back from the back board.

“How far did you run anyway?” He shot her a glance as he bounced the ball and walked back towards the starting point again “If you don’t mind me saying so, but you do look a bit tired… Captain…” and got ready to start another attempt for scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                                <<Airman Lief Nix>>

Spoiler:
                                The airman had kept quiet since the last clarification of their directives from the captain. His stomach growled audibly. Before any comments could come his way he reached into his pack and took out a power bar. Chewing on the not so tasty item he snarled.

"A shame there hadn't been time to make a quick run to the bakery. I mean I can see not doing a sit down formal meal with the circumstances but, one of us visiting on everyone's behalf. A small picnic kind of scenario outside of town. Can't see how it would have hurt." Realizing he was rambling on he again fell quiet and finished off the bar.

<<wow ... sry jyn ... i really have been negligent with this chap ... so much so that i forgot his name>>
                                [ Road back to the base ]

"Your own fault, Airman," Kym said mildly, "I asked if anyone needed anything before we took off. That could have been a stop to pick up food."
                                She took off her cap, fluffled the short brush of hair on the top of her head and checked that her long braided 'tail' was still secured properly before putting the cap back on.
                                Even though the clouds were threatening, it was a quite pleasant fall day that gave no hint of the winter ravages to come.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X