Outdoor Docking Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Captain Carol "CJ" Johannson- NPC]

CJ cringed as Devin forced the door to open, she could have probably fixed it in a few moments by checking the wiring, if he had given her the chance. Oh, well, they were inside now. "Yeah, now this is an engineer's Toys-R-Us. Wow, that's the first thing we've agreed on all day." CJ started to explore some of the structural logistics, ignoring Devin for the moment.
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Yeah." Devin said distractedly, this was a wonderland for him. Standing in front of a programmable terminal, he initialized it and asked it for an over-view of the ship. As he looked at it, he had a fair idea that it wouldn't fly again, but decided he could use a second opinion, "Cap'n. Could you take a look here? I'd like to get your opinion on this."
      Last edited by Vampyr; 05 May 2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

CJ studied the readout for several minutes before responding. "Well, one thing's for sure it'll cost way too much to make it fly agian. It's possible, but there's no way the General would approve the costs given our limited budget and supplies. Good news is that if we can get enough heavy loading equipment in here, most of the mechanical parts appear to be salvageable." She continued to study the screen giving Devin time to digest the information as well.

((Gotta go for a bit, but be back in about an hour, or so))
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Nodding in agreement with Carol, Devin said, "Well, let's see, the drones appear salvagable, as do their firing mechanisms and these terminals." Then, something interesting caught his attention. "Ooh, is that an armoury? Structurally intact too?"

Comment

((I'm baaaaaaack!!))

"Jackpot!" CJ grinned at seeing the armoury. "Let's just hope it's stocked. We can never have too many weapons." She thought briefly how ironic it was that it took guns and computers for the two to have anything in common. Bet that linguist of his has a lot less in common with him. What could he possibly see in her anyway?
            Dear Journal

Comment

((Woots. I are be Underling now!))

"The rest of the ship appears to be safe for equipment removal. I think the drones, some of these computers, and the launcher assemblies can be taken out. The rest," He shrugged, "I guess could be dissected."

Comment

"I wouldn't recommend dissecting anything until we have more of an idea about how it's supposed to work and we're certain we can put it back together. We don't want any suprises. In fact I would suggest finding someone that can actually read some of these symbols to be present at all times." CJ thought about what she had just said and groaned to herself realizing that she had just given Devin the perfect reason to work on a project with that girlfriend of his.
                Dear Journal

Comment

"I meant dissecting as a figure of speach. I didn't actually mean we'd pull it apart, I just meant try to figure out what it does and how it does it. Now as for Kylie being on the project," Devin held a hand to his heart, "I am glad that you'd consider it. But she probably can't for two reasons, one that broken leg, two Blue'd probably say no even if she was ambulatory."

Comment

"I never said it had to be Kylie, any linguist could do the job. And since when does the chief of science use figures of speech?" CJ noted that Devin had admitted that his girlfriend had a broken leg, but that he didn't say how she had recieved it. She had heard about some excitement earlier in the generator room, but wasn't sure who all had been involved.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

"Because I can. That's why." Devin said, as though it were something that was an obvious fact of life. "And you have only yourself to blame. Because giving me ideas isn't the greatest idea, you mention translating, I think Kylie. It's pretty natural for me. So, yeah."

Comment

"Whatever. Let's just finish deciding what we want to get out of here and take it. I don't have all day." CJ smacked her gum and turned her attention back to the screen.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

"'Kay then." Closing his eyes, Devin requested from the computer a read-out of any environmental hazards in the ship, biological, chemical, radioactive or otherwise. "The compuer says there's nothing here threatening to humans, much less Tok'ra. Now, could we head to the armoury, and or take these blasted helmets off?"

Comment

CJ glanced at her hand held sensor once more before replying."You know I don't exactly enjoy these suits any more than you do. Let's head toward the armoury and if I don't pick up anything on the way there, then we can talk about removing the helmets. There's really no way of knowing if the computer is still working acurately, I'd rather be safe than sorry."
                            Dear Journal

Comment

Sighing, Devin grudgingly said, "Very well. Now, I'd like to get to that armoury." Walking past her with a trudge in his step, he headed out into the hallway, and eventually ended up at the ring platform. Waiting for Carol to get on, he hit the button that would take them to the level with the armoury. Watching the rings slide down, he gave hope there was some functional weaponry down there.

((When we get there, there'll be only three intact and functioning pistols. I have dibs on one.))

Comment

CJ followed Devin down another corridor toward the armoury. She kept one eye on her sensor for the entire journey. "Ok," she said once they had reached the destination. "It should be safe for us to remove these helmets now." She tore her helmet off and shook her head a few times, allowing her semi-blond hair to fall over her eyes. It was just short enough to pass military regulation, but occassionaly swept into her face. She used both hands, in one smooth motion to wipe the hair out of her face and began to allow her eyes to scan the room. There isn't very much left here. More of a disappointment really. she thought to herself.
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X