No announcement yet.

Outdoor Docking Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((On the ship. Up a floor. We stay in the thread. I will post in about 10 minutes. Because I am going to write a real long post.))
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Harry arrived in the array. It was beautiful to him. Harry realized that the first thing he needs to do was to take note. It was boring, but highly necessary. He started to take notes on his laptop. He then took pictures with his digital camera until everything in the room was in a photograph. He then stored the photos and the notes in a folder entitled Laser Array. He then moved on to start with the good stuff. Harry realized that this was going to be harder than he thought at first. The power coupling he understood very well were as laser, he could understand them, but he had never really gotten it right when he tried to make a real one. Harry started to disassemble all the parts.

Two Hours later

Harry finally had dissembled all he could. He knows had to put it back together. Harry opened up his notes and his reference photo’s and got to work.

Three Hours later.

Harry was getting tired but at last he had put the laser back together. Harry tested his laser out by firing it into the sky. It worked perfectly according to the ancient computers. Harry then looked around and found a spare parts locker. He was going to build a new one.

Two Hours later

Harry had it built. The laser was complete. He had a blueprint and everything. Harry could send this off to the factory and they could be producing them in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
        Jen's voice was muffled by the biopack chamber but clear enough. "They're neurons being used like a high-powered computer relay. I had Lt. Martin turn on that light overhead and observed the neurons. Seconds after he thought it, the neurons fired, the light came on. I think the biopacks are some primitive beginning of the ATA interface. The amount of tissue indicates high input. This was intended to route to hundreds of controlling minds, working like a brain. The users's minds, that is. Colonel Anderson doing it on his own," Jen shook his head. "It's like us flying, dodging, praying, and ejecting within the same second!"

"Excellent" she thought about the ancient devices and how the whole ATA gene thing worked it was theorised that a computer scanner recognised the gene in an individual and it worked from there all through technology but guessed it made sense that neurons could be used to do this "So what exactly are you doing in there?"
        Lt.Col Donna Henderson
        SG-2: CO
        Base Senior Biologist,
        Stargate RP, Gateworld

Cassidy Evans, SG-10:CO

Comment

"All Righ I have to go picth our Idea to the general." Said Harry as he turned to Ragnor. "I am also going to drop this stuff off at the lab."

<<To Lab.>>

Comment

"Well, I opened this panel to get to the biopacks. Then I decided to try to see how dense the tissues are. They're extremely dense, ma'am. There's one that's like a hub with a red cell in the middle of it, all the others are white cells, gray matter." Jen squirmed out of the chamber and stood. "Do you have a camera? I can record what they look like. I think the big one is . . . well, you can look for yourself, ma'am. I think there's more of these, but I think this is a primitive form of the the interface."
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

''i wonder if the acuracy could be increased...''
              tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
              yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
              Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

"Wait you can see the cells?....Neurons are like between 4-100 microns, they cant be seen except through a microscope, how are they housed" she walked over and took a look in.
                Lt.Col Donna Henderson
                Base Senior Biologist,
                Stargate RP, Gateworld

Comment

"The packs themselves probably consist of many, many neurons, but each individual pack is rectangular, about a third of a meter long and and several centimeters across and thick. They're linked on the shorter side of the rectangle in long chains that seem to all go to the hub with the red cell in it. The hub may be some central point for this deck." Jen watched the scientist enter the same crawlspace. "By the way, I'm Jen Stevens. What's your name?"
                  "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                  " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                  Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"This is truely amazing" she looked around seeing the rectangular packs there was definetly a red cell visable from inside the pack it was small but visable. "You know theres probably millions of neurons in here even in one pack, there probably enginered...I wonder what the action potenials for these are I bet there different for each pack, as they all probably process something diffferent from the light to the weapons" she came out of the chamber,

"Sorry...nice to meet you am Isobel Parker"
                    Lt.Col Donna Henderson
                    Base Senior Biologist,
                    Stargate RP, Gateworld

Comment

<<from science lab>>

Ka'te rushed onto the ship and made her announcement.

"I've got the computer translated! If you need to access files, use this laptop. It will operate the system and translate the files." She pulled up the map of the ship, then went to the area where the biopacks were stored to find Stevens.

"Jen, I've got some information you might find useful. The sample text I used for translations turned out to be about this interface system. Seems it is pretty advanced- it can be used by one or two people at a time, but separate and process their simultaneous thoughts for instant response. Like how you can see a problem, freak out, form a plan, and react in a split second but imagine each part of the process separately. If the user wanted to divert power from the engine to lasers, fire lasers, and return power to engines all at once, the interface could do that."

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                      Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                      (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

((I have to study for finals, so I'll be off for a while. But since we're in the middle of something important, feel free to 'borrow' MacDoreign as an NPC if you need her.))

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

"Then this isn't older than other tech, it's younger! A biological system would be faster than any hardware. Nerve signals travel at unimaginable speeds."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Reminder - any discoveries, inventions, functioning equipment has to be OK'd by Colonel Sharp.
                            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                            sigpic

Comment

((Well, I don't really follow Atlantis, so I don't really know how Ancient ships work. But what I'm suggesting should be about the same, just faster. Like an upgrade, not a new discovery. I don't know what Stevens' biopacks have to do with it, I leave that to the biologist.))

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

((OOC: Don't worry, they don't describe how an Ancient ship works 100%, generally "thought controlled" is the general write up of it... And, OMG, i've missed so much in one day!!! Arg...Oh, and how the hell did you all get on? the ship has Rings and very un-stable beaming technology...ok, new thing, the Alarius has a ramp that was lowered! ))

After the five Klick hike, Jim made it to the Alarius.
                                He saw there were a few people around the ship.
                                Jim had made sure he had brought his laptop with him, it was in a small carry-case he had slung over his back.

Jim had brought the ring-activation wrist decvice with him from the armory, he was planning to ring-in onto the ship. He saw the ramp was down, but he couldn't be bothered walking that much.
                                Despite his instincts, he hadn't brought any weapons with him, his Paired Zat's and M16A2 were locked up safely in the armory.

He walked over to the Alarius, and stepped under the ring platform out-line that was on the ship.
                                He pressed the button and the rings were lowered from the ship and instantly he was up-in the ship, the rings lowering again into the floor now.

He saw several Scientists with lap-tops in their hands. Jim had ringed onto the first level and was heading to the bridge.

((OOC: It would be REALLY useful if someone could say where the hell they were on the ship, so I might be able to interact with someone, hm, hm???))
                                Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 11 December 2005, 03:21 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X