Outdoor Docking Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Capt. Carol "CJ" Johannson-NPC]

CJ's eyes started to travel over everything in the room trying to determine the location of the beeping. She happened to see a small red light flashing in the pile of broken objects at her feet she bent over and picked up the sensor that she had dropped to the floor when Robert had pushed her out of the way of the falling shelf. She had discovered the source of the beeping and after a split second of examining the sensor had also discovered why it had been beeping flashing at her. "Oh, shoot!" She exclaimed already reaching for her gas mask. Thank goodness she had insisted that the group carry them along. "Hughes, get your mask on now!" She shouted as she placed her own mask over her face and tightened the straps. She looked down at her radio hoping that it hadn't been damaged when Robert landed on top of her. She pressed the button and shouted some rapid orders into the still intact radio. **This is Johannson. Almodeus, if you can hear me, get your gas mask on NOW! Mykonos, report! What's your status?** She tightened the last of the straps on her gas mask and looked over to be sure that Robert had his mask secured in placed. "Carbon monoxide, it's above 100 ppm, we need to get Almodeus and get out of here now." She met Robert's eyes in a quick glance that she hoped would explain everything that he needed to know. She rushed out of the room to go find Almodeus. She could feel Robert's body as he jogged down the hall right next to her. "I don't think we've been exposed long enough to cause any serious damage, but I don't want to take any chances."

((Don't worry, Blue, according to the wiki they weren't exposed long enough that they'll have to be admitted to the infirmary or anything. Killer headache, dizziness, and mild nausea may be on the way for CJ depending on my mood, but she'll live. ))
    Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 21 June 2007, 04:58 PM.
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Still searching to find the source of the beeping, Robert was caught completely off guard when Captain Johannson ordered him to put on the gas mask. He still managed to grab it and strap it on in short order, though, giving Carol a confused look. His questions were answered when she stated the source of the problem: carbon monoxide.

She rushed out of the room first, however, Robert easily caught up, then fell back into a jog that matched CJ's pace. When she tried to reassure the young marine, he couldn't help but respond. "Oh. Well, that's extremely comforting."

Comment

Her voice was slightly muffeled as it came through the gas mask, the bridge was just around the next corner. She knew that there would be no need to call for assistance since both she and Robert appeared to be suffering no ill effects from their brief exposure. She knew as well he did, however, that they would probably both end up with throbing headaches after everything had started to calm down. She breathed deeply through the mask, as she headed into the bridge area. Devin, thankfully, had listened to her and his mask was tightly secured around his head. He had sucked in a breath of air as if he wanted to say something, but CJ wasn't about to let him say a word, they had to get off that ship. Gas masks only went so far to protect them from the carbon monoxide. "We're leaving right now. There's been an incident." She instructed Almodeus, and noticing his slight hesitation, she nodded her head toward the Lt. "Hughes, grab his other arm. We don't have time to explain, we need to go now." Together the two of them started to drag the still protesting scientist off the ship.

((Sorry Vampyr, but we had to get Devin out somehow ))
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Sprinting onto the bridge, Robert found Devin ready to complain about leaving. Almodeus looked about ready to complain so Robert glared at him, which seemed to be becoming a habit.

Spotting his computer tablet in the doctor's left hand, Robert grabbed it. "Thanks for keeping that safe." He smirked, imagining what he would have done had Devin left it behind.

Still refusing to leave, CJ grabbed one arm, Robert the other. Devin struggled, but Robert needed some vengeance for the doctor's earlier actions and he was enjoying every bit of this moment.

Comment

((My internet keeps going in and out, so I don't know how much longer I'll be able to post. ))

CJ practically shoved Devin out of the Alarius. She didn't stop moving until she was at least a hundred yards away from the ship. Double checking her sensors, she ripped the gas mask off her face, and took a breath of freash air. "I think it's safe to take our masks off now. And Almodeus, the next time I say move, you move, got it?" She pushed the button on her radio in an attempt to locate Mykonos. **Mykonos, this is Johannson, please respond** CJ paused a moment waiting for her response. At Devin's confused look, she started to explain. "A pipe got busted in one of the compartments on the bridge level. It was leaking carbon monoxide."

((I think I'll stop here and wait for Vampyr and Blue to catch up))
            Dear Journal

Comment

((Sorry it took me so long to get home, L.A. traffic can be a, yeah. And as for what I do, I guess I'm an assistant- though I don't have an actual job title, at an automation control company. Basically they make control systems for large industrial machines.))

[Backtrack present]

Shrugging, Devin said nothing as Lt. Hughes stared holes into him. Slowly lowering himself back down under the terminal, Devin shook his head and continued fiddling around with its innards. The rest of the base gives me a hard time for me and Ky? If those two are doing anything remotely like what I imagine they are, and they're military officers for the love of all that's shiney and valuble. After a few uneventful minutes Johannson and Hughes came and forcibly dragged him off the bridge. Unable to come up with anything for a minute, Devin said slowly, as if in a daze, "Oh, carbon monoxide, it's quite deadly, as it's a poison and it displaces the oxygen in the hemoglobin that our body needs to surivive. But even then, that's really really bad, because eventually the CO1 compromises the hemoglobin, myoglobin and the mitochondria, effectively ruining them. At first, there's dizziness and headaches, but the more advanced sta-." Devin's words cut off in midsentence, and he fell to the ground like a puppet with its strings severed.

Comment

((Yeah. This will be the last post for me tonight. Yet another early day tomorrow.))

Slowing to a stop some distance from the Alarius, Robert took a seat on the ground, breathing deeply. Avoiding looking at Carol, especially after their incident, he focused his gaze on the downed ship. Still holding tightly onto the computer tablet, he relaxed his grip. His goal wasn't to break the thing; not after heading into the vessel to retrieve the valuable information that he had downloaded onto it. Frowning a little, he couldn't help but wonder how severe his potential symptoms would be.

Comment

((Yeah, traffic, I have that problem here too....))

CJ dropped to the ground next to Almodeus. "Oh, shoot! Don't do this to me Almodeus!" She looked over at Robert. "Hughes, I need you to take Almodeus back to the base, his reaction to the CO has started a lot earlier than ours apparently. I'm going to find Mykonos, and I'll be right behind you. Now go." She took off to find the other member of the group, leaving Devin in Robert's hands.

**Mykonos, this is Johannson, please respond. There's been an incident and we need to return to base. Mykonos, please repot.** She released the button and waited for a response as she continued to search the surrounding area. She swallowed hard as her vision seemed to blur right before her eyes for a brief second. The blur disappeared just as quickly, and she continued to do a perimeter search around the Alarius looking for the Sgt.
                  Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 21 June 2007, 06:49 PM.
                  Dear Journal

Comment

Mykonos worked her way around the outside of the ship in ever widening circles, looking for a clue to the whereabouts of the Roman's body. She saw a flash of sunlight reflecting off metal. Pushing through some brush, she found the remains of the Legionnaire. Scavengars had gotten to him first, scattering his bones around the area. Cal carefully recorded every piece that she could find. She picked up his hardware and jewelry for identification purposes and packed them into her evidence bags. After leaving a locator beacon for a burial detail to follow, the sergeant started back to the ship.

The radio call from Johannson made her break into a run. **"I'm on my way back to the Alarius, Captain. Almost there."**
                    Cal broke into the clearing of the landing area and looked around for CJ. "Captain," she hollered, "Where are you?"

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                    sigpic

Comment

Robert hadn't even noticed Devin fall. Jumping off the ground, he tucked the computer tablet under his arm and rushed over to Almodeus. Grabbing him with his right arm, he started running back to base with the doctor as fast as he could, while still trying to support Devin's weight. Not even close to three kilometers back to base, Robert fell to his left knee, his reaction to the CO starting to take hold. The computer tablet was jarred loose from the fall, landing several inches away. Trying to hoist both Devin and himself back up, he failed.

((Good enough for now. I'm thinking I need a snack. Hunger has beaten RP. For now.))
                      Last edited by Oranos; 22 June 2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

CJ heard a faint noise over her radio, and recognizing Mykonos voice, started to press the button to respond to her. She paused as she spotted the Sgt. standing way too close to the Alarius. "Sgt!" she screamed at the other woman. "You need to get away from the Alarius now! One of the pipes on the inside burst and it's leaking carbon monoxide." She started to move closer to the ship to help Mykonos away from any of the fumes that may have been around the clearing. She had to swallow back a wave of diziness that had assailed her body, but managed to stay standing until the sgt. arrived at her position.

"It's already started to affect Dr. Almodeus. Lt. Hughes is helping him back to the base right now." CJ jerked her head in the general direction that they needed to take. "We need to go before we're exposed any more than we already have been." She managed to instruct Mykonos and the two of them started to jog toward the base as fast as they could go.

She had to pause after running only about two kilometers, and placed one of her hands on a tree to steady herself. She waved off any offers of help from Mykonos, and breathed deeply for a few minutes, swallowed, and started to run again. It was pure survival instinct that helped her fight off the effects of the CO.

After running just a short distance more, she spotted Robert struggling to support Devin's weight, while fighting the effects of his own exposure to the CO. "Lt." she said as she placed one of her hands on his back. "We need to keep moving, if we pass out up here, there's no telling what'll happen to us. We need to keep moving. Think you'll be able to stand if I take over with Almodeus?"
                        Dear Journal

Comment

"Oh. Hey. Sprinklers." Devin mumbled, concious now, but hallucinating, his mind unable to function. "Guess what?" Devin continued rambling, "I'm the muffin man, and I'm here to grant you three wishes young'un. Now, give me your purple, I require it to be sacrificed." Turning his head slightly, Devin opened his mouth and latched onto Hughes. "Mmph." Was the only sound that issued from the scientist as he kept his hold on Hughes.

Comment

"Oh, shoot! Almodeus snap out of it, NOW!" CJ brought her hand sharply across his cheek. Unfortunately the slap had done little to get his attention, and her eyes grew wide as his next move was to bite the Lt. "Jaa'nik, anytime you'd like to take control would be wonderful." She never thought that she'd see the day when she would beg a snake to take over someone's body, but she didn't think that she could handle Devin all the way back to the base and Robert was in no condition to take him, in fact she had already determined that Mykonos would probably have to help him get back. She knew better than to allow herself to get that close to him agian so soon. Her instincts told her that it was time to call for back up, but she shook her head violently, determined to get everyone back to the base herself, realitively safe and sound.

"Hughes, just hang on another second, I'll get him off of you, just don't move." CJ pushed her fingers hard against a pressure point on Devin's body and as soon as she felt him go limp, she reached around to his jaw, and forciably pried his teeth apart, just long enough to allow Hughes to move away from the crazy scientist. She sighed deeply and threw Devin to the side like a rag doll. Sorry, Kylie, but don't worry too much, he won't be hurting for long.

She ordered Robert to let her look at his wound. "Well, it looks like he might have actually drawn blood. Either way there's going to be a good size bruise there." She fought the urge to collapse against his strong chest as another wave of dizziness and nausea came over her. When it had passed, she sought out the sgt. with her eyes. "Mykonos, you and Hughes, get back to the base. I'll take of Almodeus."
                            Dear Journal

Comment

((*Sighs* A sad day, it is. I think I'll pop in to make a single post and then go off and tear up some. Not really the emotional type, but "Unending" really got to me.))

Struggling to his feet after having been attacked by Devin, Robert managed to concentrate just enough to remember to recover the computer tablet that had jarred loose when he been overwhelmed by a wave of dizziness. Snatching it up, he secured it once more before he once again collapsed on his knee. This time the computer remained safe in his grasp. Forcing himself up once more, he waved Mykonos away. He was determined to make it back to base on his own. He'd played through somewhat severe injuries in football when he had attended college; he could deal with this. Besides, chances were that Johannson would end up needing the support more. She was dealing with not only her own weight but that of Almodeus too.

Comment

CJ watched to be sure that Robert was at least able to stand up before bending over to lift Devin from the ground. This would not be an easy trip, but she didn't have any other choices at the moment. Grunting, she managed to lift Devin to a semi-standing up position. She started to move forward, fighting against the now quickly building headache. It would be slow going, but she could do it. She was a military officer after all, and had been conditioned to deal with just this sort of thing. Her vision blurred, and she had to stand still for a few seconds before she was able to start moving agian. Devin was literally dragging the ground, as she attempted to support him and manage to keep moving forward at the same time. She kept one arm wrapped tightly around Devin, and used her other hand to massage her pounding head. She could do this, she had to do this. Her gaze wondered briefly over to Robert and Mykonos. He seemed to be suffering the same ill effects that she was, but was still managing to hold his own.

CJ made her way toward the base as quickly as she dared, all the while keeping one ear open for Devin's attempts to regain conciousness, and one eye on Robert to be sure that he was doing ok. She felt responsible for the situation and was determined that everything would work out. A few beads of sweat broke out on her forehead as she just managed to stay standing under the burden of Devin's weight. Her forward movement had slowed to a leisurely walk as she dragged his body along with her. They were over half-way to the base. She'd been in worse situations, she could do this. She wasn't exactly sure when it happened, but suddenly the ground had rushed up to meet her. She now lay in the dirt with Devin's still unconcious body partially on top of her. She rolled over onto her back and gasped for air. After a moment, she was able to sit up, and a few minutes after that had started to pull herself up to a standing position, along with Devin.
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X