No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I've ever heard of Brass Tacks, guess I'm just not of the right generation.

I'm liking playing Li to take apart our language a bit. Most things when you think about them don't make a lot of sense and yet we don't question them.

As for Li learning to read, it just a case of her learning the right glyphs and the corresponding sound, she's used to a runic alphabet (like the real Celts used).
    "I once thought it better to be right
    But now I have finally seen the light
    Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
    I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
    Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

haha- Brass Tacks..must be an American thing

Oh, and a +1 to what Ainty said:

urbandictionary.com can usually be used to find out any odd english phrases/words you haven't necessarily heard of (Hell- people who speak english still use it a bunch!)
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I never really got the reply, "your welcome" after saying thank you. What are you welcoming them to?

Comment

I suppose it originated from something like:

"Thanks for letting me use/do [insert something in your house/something you own here]"

"You're welcome [[To use it any time you'd like / again]]"

(((We should move this to the OOC thread )))
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Official female clothing on Iberia is rather uniform-like, I guess. In the Residence, almost everyone wears calf length dresses with a jacket over it.
            Color denotes profession. The darker the hue, the higher the rank.
            Command = lavender to dark purple.
            Administrative = pale pink to deep wine.
            Medical = ice blue to dark sapphire.
            Security = light sand to dark chocolate.
            Household staff = light lemon to dark gold.
            Engineering = pale peach to dark russet.
            Landowners not affiliated with the Residence = mint green to dark emerald.

** Military - uniforms for all grades and both genders are black trousers and tunics. Military rank does not correspond to social rank. A 'Gracious Lady' can be a Private. Rank is indicated by forearm sleeve stripes for lower ranks and shoulder stripes for higher. These are color coded for profession. **

Everyone also wears small emblems or badges on the jacket to indicate a specialty.

Men always wear shades of gray along with a badge of their Lady's house on a color background of their own profession and skill level. Knee length kilts or trousers and pullover shirts.

General work wear for either gender is usually a jeans-type trousers or shorts and pullover tops.

Cal's clothing is a dark rose dress and a similar color jacket along with a milk chocolate brown badge showing a quill pen and a knife in two of the quarters.
            The dark rose is for "Gentle Lady" Callista's Iberian rank. The brown badge is for her Tau'ri profession of security, the quill and knife indicate Aide and Bodyguard.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2277 from before her last trip to Iberia.

>>> How could I forget my own profession on this list? Thank goodness I don't have to wear the shades of orange. I look terrible in that color. I'd rather wear gray. <<<
            Last edited by Gen Blue; 10 July 2009, 02:48 AM. Reason: added Engineering and Military - all branches
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

i really like the way this world is developing. Makes it more real.

Just one question, ok two, lol - since Ryn can wear her marine dress uniform with the gunnery sergeant (or AF first sergeant) rank on it - does this mean she can wear her sergeant BDU's too ?

Since Blue wants the team to be consistant clothes-wise - I guess the marine dress would change to airforce dress ? She would stand out cuz the details of her uniform are different.
              Last edited by Ryn; 30 June 2009, 11:50 PM. Reason: added links

Comment

IMHO I don't think the dress uniform should change at all to AF ones. While I respect the use of AF ranks, for the personnel to make it easier to who's holding which rank. The use of AF uniform for other armed forces seems to be crossing the line.

*whacks SGD Travis; shush you, not a RP mod here remember*

I have Travis wearing his Army Greens when he saw Blue. Gen didn't jump on my neck. So Ryn one questions....why would IC Ryn need the USAF uniform in the first place, when she has her Marine dress uniform?

Comment

I don't see why Ryn can't wear her Marine uniform. Kym is obviously wearing her Navy uniform. Now, if she didn't have most of her own uniform available, she'd probably wear AF dress uniform rather than civilian clothing.

The "be consistant" may have been more toward those who are wearing the same 'branch of service' uniform. Like one person can't wear blue trousers and another black with their AF uniform. Or, if there were another Navy person going, Kym couldn't wear black trousers and the other white.
                  You're never too old to do something goofy.
                  sigpic
                  Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Of course, those without complete dress uniforms can always go around and borrow bits from other co-service members. It wasn't specified that people had to wear "their" dress uniform, just the dress uniform of their service and rank.
                    A quick search of records will show who else shares a specific uniform. British, US, Australian - AF, Army, Marines, Navy. We've got them all.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I guess my question got a little misunderstood and partly unanswered, must be me and the language barrier again, lol.

Anyway - I wanted to know if Ryn's BDU's should also have the gunnery (first) sergeant stripes on it too. Good thing the stores have a full day to work on her stuff again.

Her BDU's are AF, right ? It's just the dress uniform that's Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                        Of course, those without complete dress uniforms can always go around and borrow bits from other co-service members. It wasn't specified that people had to wear "their" dress uniform, just the dress uniform of their service and rank.
                        A quick search of records will show who else shares a specific uniform. British, US, Australian - AF, Army, Marines, Navy. We've got them all.
                        And Coast Guard!

Comment

And Coast Guard.

Knee-deep sailors as my Dad used to call them. That's because they stick to the shallow coasts and not the depths of the oceans.
                          Of course, he also freely admitted he'd rather be on a carrier in the middle of a Cat 4 hurricane in the ocean than on a cutter in Lake Erie during an autumn storm. The 'Coasties' were tougher than they looked.

Yes, BDUs are universal. Ryn would wear the equivalent AF rank to Gunnery Sergeant and her own service's shoulder patch in place of the AF patch on the sleeve. Directly below the team patch on the right arm. PoO is on the left sleeve.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sooooo.... just to be clear. I must have read it somewhere but can't remember.

After the dress uniform bit - what's next ? BDU's or that dress/jacket stuff ? Ryn's colours there would be a sand dress and a brown jacket ?

Comment

I'm running out of colors.

I'm going to say that Iberia does have a military but it's more like the reserves in the US. It's not someone's primary profession.
                              Command and Administration handle most of the day to day work but little of the actual field operations.

Iberian clothing colors are determined by the Iberian rank one is given. I haven't thought that far ahead yet.
                              Lower ranks would have lighter color of both dress and jacket, gradually working their way up (or down) the hue spectrum.
                              sigpic

Comment

OK Guess it will be a surprise then. I think we'll have a book on Iberia once we're done...

I can't help it in asking these silly things - I'm too excited!! MISSION!!! WOOOOOOT!!! *drums fingers impatiently, ready to start!*

Don't know what to post now though, just playing the waiting game.

Comment

Working...
                                X