No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming our regulations are the same as the "real world," Ryn's hair would have to be completely off her collar when her head is in a normal position.

If it's longer than that, it must be tied up neatly in a way that is off the collar of her uniform jacket and doesn't interfere with wearing of military headgear, what a civilian would call a hat. Most females either have it fairly long and tie it up in a bun or wear it pretty short. Mine (and Jen's) is short because I don't know how to make a bun and don't like to fuss with my hair. Her reasons are similar.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

We already have a 'Chapel' thread.
      Here's my concept of Blue's inner/outer office and the connection to the Briefing room.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ral-office.jpg
      Does anyone have a graphic like these for a flag stand?

Dillon, if you're correcting things - Fix the spelling on the map for Briefing Room.
      Last edited by Gen Blue; 01 February 2009, 04:34 PM.
      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

Dillon, if you're correcting things - Fix the spelling on the map for Briefing Room.
        Lol- oops fixed that

As for a barber/chapel place....maybe some where on the 'rooms' levels in one of those unoccupied rooms?
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Have the three beta transfers have been placed in their room levels yet on the maps?

PS: You need to remove Harvey and Parker from the map in the quarters. Plus make some access way to the briefing room 3, which is on the top right/left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
            So for sake of posting soon ... do we have actual assigned rooms ... i know we are all three on different floors?

ok ... my mischievous mind was seeing

Doc on level seven catty corner to Blue ... just because it would make him a frantic mess??

Oxford on six (ducks Claire's swing) and well he would be on the same floor as Lance since they have some connection

but, that left Emma on five (between Harvey and Aaronsen? or between Tallon and Black ~~ but then i also realized that is the same floor as Sharp ~ which could be humorous but for some reason I could see Cal preempting that or maybe since she has moved to that floor then she put her there to keep a good eye on her)

anyways!!!

any thoughts??

teehee!!

I like these ideas, if we're discussing where us three will be put.
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Have the office's for the team leaders put out?
              Maybe on the quarters level...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                Have the three beta transfers have been placed in their room levels yet on the maps?

PS: You need to remove Harvey and Parker from the map in the quarters. Plus make some access way to the briefing room 3, which is on the top right/left corner.
                'Briefing room 3' isn't really a briefing room- it's just text indicating that this is the 'briefing room' level> level 3

The reason it's left empty is because the freight life passes through that area

Also- I'll probably do rooms tomorrow/soon- so IF YOUR CHARACTER NEEDS A ROOM POST HERE
                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Oh......oh *hides head in embarrassment*

Travis needs it.

Comment

Isaac Matthews needs to be removed, level 5 - lower left corner.
                    Colonel Harvey needs to be removed, level 5 - next to Sharp.

I guess the Alien organism Lab on the Infirmary level can be for obviously intelligent alien organisms. People, in other words.
                    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                    sigpic

Comment

Greg needs quarters, no positional preference.

A sentient/non-sentient division sounds like a good idea. I think most sentient lifeforms would take exception to typical biological study.

I have a preliminary sketch for the Level 10 lab, just need to add full-spectrum lighting for plant growth. I'll show it to Blue and Sharp for approval after work.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Question about our comm devices.
                        How sophisticated are they?
                        Can I get an email on it or a notification of an email?
                        Just voice communication?
                        Do we have different ones for when we go offworld or is the connection to the 'home' services broken when the Gate shuts down.
                        Do they revert to strictly radios then?
                        You're never too old to do something goofy.
                        sigpic
                        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                          Question about our comm devices.
                          How sophisticated are they?
                          The radios are pretty advanced- but they don't have a screen. They have a knob for...hell...let's just say 15 default channels. The reason why they can be used on base for more advanced functions is because they each have an individual signature which all go through the communications' mainframe. Therefore- it is possible for someone with access to the communications to target individual radios.

Can I get an email on it or a notification of an email?
                          Conceptually yes, you could, by having the system/someone monitor your e-mail and send a ping to your radio. But in 'reality' that's a pain in the ass...so it probably wouldn't happen unless it was specifically needed and utterly important.

Just voice communication?
                          Yeah
                          Do we have different ones for when we go offworld or is the connection to the 'home' services broken when the Gate shuts down.
                          Do they revert to strictly radios then?
                          No- the same ones. But since they're not connected to the base mainframe they're pretty much regular radios
                          sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Calling on anyone who plays an engineer or scientist and there character has nothing to do. Just report to the hanger bay, following Dr. Ezekiel.

Will try to post in the Hanger bay today at some point.

Thank you, that is all.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Just a thought I had while typing up my post in the infirmary:

Shouldn't there be certain areas that have UPS? Uninterruptible power supply?
                              Just came to think of some wall sockets in the infirmary where you might *not ever* want to be out of electricity or the hangar bay doors for instance... I'm sure there are a few more places

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                                Just a thought I had while typing up my post in the infirmary:

Shouldn't there be certain areas that have UPS? Uninterruptible power supply?
                                Just came to think of some wall sockets in the infirmary where you might *not ever* want to be out of electricity or the hangar bay doors for instance... I'm sure there are a few more places
                                Yes. The infirmary, all science labs, the hangar bay, and the control room would all have that
                                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X