No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how I've been imagining the General's inner/outer office setup.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

thanks for the pix Blue!!

question ... so as not to mess up in anyway the Asgard entourage!!

you are coming up the elevator ... which seems to be across from the briefing room ... so if the departing newbies go down the stairs outside the briefing room they would avoid any interruptions ... correct? or do those stairs go directly to the control room ... or do they continue on to lower levels??

trying to put things mentally in scope of the SGC on SG1!

teehee!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

There are two sets of stairs on that level-

One that goes down to the control room, and one that leads to the main base staircase

(anyway- I think the newbies left the office before all of this started anyhow )
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

A thought just occurred to me while I was writing up Greg's post.

With Lab 1 claimed as Alien Tech, and I think the lab that was #3 is now Linguistics, would it be all right for me to sketch up a layout for Lab 2 as Life Sciences and Chemistry?

I've got a general idea in my head for the layout and equipment. There'd be air-tight containment for plants (lessons learned after the plant incident in "Zero Hour"), temporary caging for live animals, an examination table for study and dissection and various genetic analysis equipment. Plus microscopes.
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Do we really want a Biology lab right next to the Mess Hall?? How about Geology? Rocks can't crawl out.

Now that Sharp has made the levels larger, the Alien Organism Lab can be expanded. I think I'd still 'play' it in the 'Science Labs' thread though.

Thoughts? Comments? Discussion?
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

No, we don't want the Bio lab near the food, come to think of it it shouldn't be on the same level as food or lots or human contact. No matter how much air tight it is. The way I see it Bio/Alien organism Lab should be on Level 9 or 10. Far as possible from human activity. With two heavy sets of door (at least 2 meters or more apart) from each other for access between the labs and human contact.

Comment

Oh dear, I just had this inner picture of Swanson hunting a fleeing green thing (think Ghostbuster for those of you old enough to have seen it) through the kitchen with a fly swatter...

*ehemm*

Level 9 or 10, with airtight doors and observation deck sounds good, though that is pretty much what we already have in the Infirmary, bottom left of the map I think...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Are all the involved parties happy with the update of the Med bay inhabitants?

___________Door
                  8 Gabriel_____________1
                  7 Ryn _______________2 Larry
                  6___________________3
                  5 Dean______________4 Vincent

Did I forget anyone??

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Looks fine to me - tho I am wondering with the bigger levels, if the Infirmary is now bigger too ? maybe the Med Bay has more room ? No idea.

Comment

I think the base is expandable, that and it can be a lot bigger in certain places than others (as it doesn't have to obey normal rules of physics as it's underground).

To me the infirmary is the base size of all the levels, it's what I based the size of the hanger on, and it seems to work well, levels like the quarters are always going to bigger than the others to fill the needs of the base staff without having to dig too deep)

So basically, the base is as big as it needs to be, minor fluctuations are bound to occur, but so long as no-one adds a level 5.2 in we should be fine
                      "I once thought it better to be right
                      But now I have finally seen the light
                      Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                      I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                      Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                        Looks fine to me - tho I am wondering with the bigger levels, if the Infirmary is now bigger too ? maybe the Med Bay has more room ? No idea.
                        The way I see it, each level is likely to be custom build to suit the needs of the said levels. That doesn't meant the whole base is one size fits all. At least I don't think it would be.

Comment

Okey dokey-

I've decided that the original plan to have 'one size fits' all for the levels doesn't really work- for a number of reasons So, though we can't add new levels, we CAN expand them. (Though I would like to have a CONSTANT base that works in the weeks to come.)

So- if you notice anything that needs to be added, realistically, to the base, let me know NOW. In a week or two I want to be done doing major floor editing and having stuff 'magically' appear

In addition:

I fixed all the picture problems on the 'maps' post and added a Alien Organism / Biology Lab to Level 10

*A little note on the air locks: Anyone who would have access to that section can get in easily, just swipe your card. It operates as a normal airlock, one door comes down before the other one opens On the way out you get sprayed and scanned by a computer
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                            *A little note on the air locks: Anyone who would have access to that section can get in easily, just swipe your card. It operates as a normal airlock, one door comes down before the other one opens On the way out you get sprayed and scanned by a computer

ohhh!! fun!!! runs to be sprayed and scanned ....

ok, ok ... so i am a huge singing in the rain fan ... literallly!!

teehee!!

did we ever get a chapel and a morgue?? off to look!!

of course a place to get your nails done, the beauty parlor, the bakery and the place that sells the fudge ... mwaaaa!!! oh, oh and the tanning booth!!

on a serious note ... military peoples help me here ... there usually is a barber shop/hair salon and the likes of sorts on a base is there not?
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Always, even on tiny posts. The barber shop and beauty salon are usually separate establishments, though they're together here on White Sands because the place is tiny. To keep within regulation, males usually need a haircut about once a week and a female maybe every couple of months, if she keeps it short like I do because I don't like to fuss with it.

Here, we can overlook the fact that hair grows.
                              Last edited by DragonGate; 01 February 2009, 01:36 PM.
                              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Hmmm, I think Ryn would like to hear that .... Exactly how long is regulation length in this reality ?!? I think hers is probably at least an inch too long

Comment

Working...
                                X