No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok - thanks Once this is final can you add that to the Game Update thread please ?

Oh, and I thought that Foreston and Riverton were towns with inhabitants mainly from Earth, didn't really figure there would be locals on Gaia, would they live there too then and do that people have a name ?

(a lot of questions, I know )

Comment

Foreston and Riverton are made of a mix of the local inhabitants of the planet and people from Earth. They were allies for a bunch of years before we built the base here. The people from Earth are here mainly to help run and work in the factories.

As for a name...I'm not really sure (Suggestions?....I suppose they wouldn't call themselves Gaians...)
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Errmmmmm, I thought the planet was uninhabited. That's the premise I was going by all along. That everyone on Gaia was transplanted from somewhere else, either Earth or as refugees from the Goa'uld.

If not, that's going to mess up the agreement between Gaia and Iberia, a soon-to-be-mission. Blue was going to grant/deed/give the Iberians an empty area on another continent in exchange for their medical support.
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

(Btw- this is the point of this thread- communication So that people don't go getting mad at eachother. )

That shouldn't be a problem: The native Gaians weren't nearly as advanced as us. (I'm gonna say that they assumed there was nothing beyond the sea/their continent. )

So there's still plenty of uninhabited land.
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Actually we could have it that people never made it to the other continents. No convenient 'land bridge' like the in the Bering Straits to get them to another continent.

Would we have set up our base on an inhabited continent? We could have 3 or 4. Like North America and South America without Mexico and the Central American land bridge. Europe separated from Africa/India. That way we won't be interfering too badly in the Native's development.

Some of the more adventurous have decided to throw their lot in with the strangers. Hmmmmm, gee, I see us being viewed (originally) as *cough* gods come to check up on the people. Gaia was a goddess after all.
            sigpic

Comment

By the way - Weapon's rules. No one inside the base has weapons except the SF's, General Blue and Colonel Sharp.
              Those two only because the best protection for a 'target' is the target itself.

The guards in the Hangar Bay (or Gateroom) will take charge of weapon's being brought back into the base. They deliver them to the Armory and, unless otherwise previously instructed, an armory tech will clean them and put them away.
              I'm sure, as the diligent military people you are , as soon as possible you will check on them and/or do whatever additional maintainence is required.

Unless you really want to, you don't need to revise posts this time. Just keep in mind the SOP for weapons.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, crap... Looks like I made a mess of things in the Infirmary (Gus)/Foreston (Anderson)/Blue's office (Cal) convo by typing a post that would have fitted in about an hour ago when I started it... and now it doesn't fit in

Anybody with a clue of how to straighten this out?? Help please?

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Gen just needs to edit her post I suppose don't worry, things will get sorted.

Comment

Yeah, probably... I'll hold off any postings/edits concerning Gus until further notice, just so the flow in the Infirmary posts doesn't get messed up even more

And then I think we have some postings a head of us between Foreston and the Infirmary, Ryn

Comment

NG -
                      Cal's phone call was taken by Airman McGee. If you just want to edit your post to have 'rescued' McGee, you'll be talking directly to Sheriff Anderson.

I'll PM you a reminder when McKinnon and Blue are done.
                      sigpic

Comment

That is of course a different solution so I shall wait to post until it's been resolved one way or the other!

btw Lance not more hyper than usual ? I think Lindbergh slipped something in the man's coffee... or was it a too deep a glance in a certain pair of eyes???

Comment

I'm sorry Gen, I don't really follow your reasoning in how I should edit after the post you made in Foreston... but I'll blame it on me being to tired... I'll see what I can do tomorrow...
                          I think it would be easier if you edited your "office" post and transferred Gus to the Foreston line though... I guess stuff like this is bound to happen when I'm multi-tasking too much and it takes me an hour and a half to complete a post
                          Anyhow, I'm off to bed now, see you in the morning...

Comment

More detail now - I had to take one of the cats to the vet before. Poor baby has a head cold.

There is an Airman McGee standing at the front desk in the Infirmary. He answered Cal's call, and is looking for someone to talk to Sheriff Anderson. If Gus walks anywhere near him, McGee will happily give him the phone and let him talk to Anderson.

Make more sense?
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like GW ate the post I made here at 0545 this morning... or I was too tired to be able to hit "post quick reply" the right way...

No, not really making anymore sense I'm afraid, but I'll see what I can do to get your Foreston post into an edited version of my Gus post...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                                That is of course a different solution so I shall wait to post until it's been resolved one way or the other!

btw Lance not more hyper than usual ? I think Lindbergh slipped something in the man's coffee... or was it a too deep a glance in a certain pair of eyes???

Heh, Lance hasn't seen Kim yet today. But, he IS meeting with his new CO (remember he was pretty fresh to the base before the AU mission, so he hasn't been on the Alpha Site that long), and as much as Lance may be very laid back and mellow in the field, and as close as he is with Sharp, he doesn't really KNOW Blue so he's going to do his best to make a good impression on the boss. Plus, I'd think walking into the General's office with a half finished coffee for a meeting requested by said General would not be the most respectful thing to do (though I do it to my principal often, but then again, we've worked together for years, so it's a different situation). Bottom line, as laid back as he is, he plays the game when he has to.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X