No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be typical in a gym battle as the one we're going to have on Beta ? Just asking for some ideas here and realistic tips.
    Should be a battle for stamina.

Maybe some sparring like Ronon and Teyla ?

Comment

I'll be the first to admit I know little about unarmed combat, but I have a couple of things from my training.

I only know Modern Army Combatives fighting. TD might know a little more, because of the protection aspect of his job. The goal is to get in close with your enemy, get a dominant body position and finish the fight, usually by various choke holds or somehow disabling your enemy.

Combatives usually starts from on the knees, since a real fight almost always goes to the ground. And you try to pin or choke hold your opponent into tapping out and keep them from doing it to you.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Thanks! I also meant to ask what type of stuff they would be doing.

Would it be close combat fighting without weapons ? Or with sticks ? Or... what ?

Ainty, SR ??? Thoughts please

Would help in playing this out

Comment

We usually just fight hand-to-hand, no weapons. More advanced fighting would probably include improvising weapons from your surroundings.

Of course, ultimately, "The guy who wins a hand-to-hand fight is the one whose buddy shows up with a rifle." Unarmed combat is meant to keep you alive long enough for your side to get to you when your weapon malfunctions at close range or you're too close to use it, not as a primary method of fighting.

And don't actually hurt each other, that's always important.
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I know she's only a very low NPC but Ainty's post got me thinking ... I had originally intended nurse Jennyfer Santiago to be Hispanic in looks, but the character Maya from Heroes could be her...

This is the actress - click here.

Thoughts, anyone ?

Comment

Too bad I'm soon to dump Charlie-boy in Foreston, I've really grown to like him ...

Found him a face when I was at the gas station the other day:

Spoiler:

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Somehow I'd figure you go for him....

Comment

This is who I had in mind for Jennyfer, but I like your choice too, Ryn.

Thoughts anybody???

Spoiler:
                  Dear Journal
                  My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Handing over Gus to JM for a while. Go easy on him will you
                    Poor guy, being tossed around like that between the girls. As I've said before: the life of a NPC is hard
                    Don't mind playing more with him in the future though

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

SG4/5

I will try to post hopefully tonight or tomorrow sometime. Had a real busy weekend.

EDIT:

Sorry i didn't get on to post, was really tired monday and tuesday and didn't get a chance to get on yesterday.
                      Last edited by max_omega; 22 May 2008, 04:54 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

TGLG-Where is Hunt??????

According to this post he's back in the waiting area with an SF keeping a VERY close eye on him. But then according to this post he's back in the med bay again. And FYI, I thought that Ainty's post made it sound as if Cooper was OUTSIDE the curtain.

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude or offensive, but I'm very confused right now and don't know how to post as Jennyfer.
                        Dear Journal
                        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

yea, its no problem, we went through this all last week. I modified my post saying that I sneaked back into the medbay.as for the curtain, thing, I just caught that and will adjust accordingly, If I am coorect hunt and cooper are both in the waiting are now

Comment

TGLG, you never mention in any of YOUR posts that Hunt has been moved to the waiting area a second time, thats a little confusing.

I'm off to bed now, hopefully we can get this worked out
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

pkay no problem editing now.

Comment

One question with Dean.

Why didn't someone call for a med team to bring up a gurney? Or at least a wheel chair?

Just asking.
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X