No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people are going to fit in the chopper? How many are the medical team that flew out with them?
    Pilot, co-pilot, base med team, Donovan, Simmons, Cooper and Blue? All going to fit or is Nick going back in BB?
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

I'm having a hard time finding pictures of the inside of this thing (The only one I found was of a Pave Low..MUCH bigger aircraft.)

DG, do you have any idea how big this thing is on the inside?

Oh, and if anyone is getting kicked it's Cooper.

The base med team can be whatever, I would guess maybe 3. Of course with donovan, we could have two stay behind so that it's just donovan, a medic, blue, and simmons in the back.
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Crew: Minimum 2 pilots
        Capacity: 2,645 lb of cargo internally, including 14 troops or 6 stretchers, or 8,000 lb (UH-60A) or 9,000 lb (UH-60L) of cargo externally

I love wikipedia

Comment

My apologies, that was the black hawk page, according to the FAQ thread we have Pave Hawk type

Crew: 4 (2 pilots, flight engineer, gunner)
          Capacity: max. crew 6, 8-12 troops, plus litters and/or other cargo

Comment

oh, durrrr, I didn't even see that wikipedia had a troop listing So yeah, that thing'd have plenty of room.
            sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

not sure if this is where to broach this but!!

i didn't see a chapel in all the base drawings!

did i miss it or was one never included

maybe i am wrong but from convos with me military friends it would be standard on such bases?

josh nudged me to inquire!!

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I haven't ever seen a chapel either. My guess is that it was never included.

I'm not really sure how chapels work in the military, but I will say this, if we did have one on base, some of the anthropologists *coughKyliecough* might insist that it be designed to appeal to every faith, Buddahists, Muslims, Hindus, and Christians, not just the obvious one. In fact she might insist that it be called a "meditation building/room", instead of a chapel, and include books on philosophy as well as religion of every kind. Hope that wouldn't offend Josh too much.

Personally, I like the idea, ainty. Just pointing out a possible road block.
                Dear Journal
                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

I never thought about it...though, I agree with JM that it would need to appeal to every faith/belief or people would get angry...

Comment

I am a Chaplain Assistant, I can explain everything here.

The way the military works, obviously they have to try to accommodate everyone's faith. That does not mean we have to provide services, a lot of the smaller faiths (i.e. Wiccan) are led by layleaders: Soldiers or civilians who are qualified to lead. The only faiths we are required to provide are: Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Islam and Jewish.

In regards to the chapel, rather than appeal to all faiths, it is the exact opposite. We neutralize the chapel. Cover the Cross, hide the stations of the cross, etc. Make it so that anyone can come in without feeling like it is leaning a certain way. We leave the Altar and such up but that is it.

Any other questions, I am the resident expert.
                    sigpic

Comment

Meh. I hate religion discussions.

I just feel it has no place in RP at all and I'd rather it would not be mentioned, just because it is a very sensitive subject to many. Let sleeping dogs lie, is my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                        Meh. I hate religion discussions.

I just feel it has no place in RP at all and I'd rather it would not be mentioned, just because it is a very sensitive subject to many. Let sleeping dogs lie, is my advice.
                        See, but having a Chaplain is realistic. One of the (few) things I did not like about SG-1 and Atlantis is there was no mention of the Chaplain. I guarantee you there would be one. It simply could have been someone dealing with Psychological issues and someone said "Maybe you should go see the Chaplain?". If you do not think that the SGC would have one, keep in mind that even Delta Force has a Unit Chaplain.
                        sigpic

Comment

I kind of like the idea of a Chaplain. I really like the idea of a space where a person can go to 'commune' with their idea of a Deity.

Kym, being a Pagan, usually goes out in the woods where she can be alone with nature but, a quiet place and a non-judgemental, neutral shoulder to cry on are always welcome. Mainly because whatever you tell the Padre isn't 'on the record'. The whole 'seal of the confessional' bit.
                          You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Cut from Foreston...

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                            (NG- Since your playing Donovan you can take control of the medical people in the chopper to work with him)
                            Sure, gives me a chance to toss in my own little guy in this madness Objections??

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

I bet a few of you remember: but near when the RP started we did have people playing a chaplain or two, but now they're gone.

I agree with TD: The base, or Foreston, would have some sort of 'religion sanctuary', is there anyone opposed to having one of these? I think it's just being included because it's realistic.

Personally, I'm agnostic, so don't worry, I'm not trying to convert anyone
                              sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I'm an atheist (or agnostic.... cant work it out.... ) myself , but I'll stick with what the majority decides. The base does have a counselor at the mo (points to siggy) but she's in the freezer right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X