No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where you got the idea of the round table.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1883

"Assassins always have 3 names. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan. Ok, he didn't have 3 names but he had two first names." - Mel Gibson, Conspiracy Theory. (As close as I could remember it.)
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
      Where you got the idea of the round table.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1883

"Assassins always have 3 names. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan. Ok, he didn't have 3 names but he had two first names." - Mel Gibson, Conspiracy Theory. (As close as I could remember it.)

*snicker* ... very nice!!!

good ole harv fits the bill!!!

and thank you ... someone caught the fact that it wasn't confirmed that Blue was the actual target!!!

teehee!!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
        (( BTW - Winchester has a well equipped office in town. I think he's in residence, I don't remember. ))
        Maybe well equiped, but with the doc at the base, the equipment at the clinic doesn't really matter
        I'd say we try and get in contact with the base ASAP to get her there...

Ainty and Ryn stop the reading here

Spoiler:
        No gross pics, but the text is kind of... well you get the picture

I need someone who can help me with this article

Becasue according to that the exit wound doesn't have to be that big as described earlier. Check page 1.8 and pic on 1.9, drawn pics out of simulations in ballistics gel, you know the stuff they use in large quantitees in "Mythbusters"
        Last edited by Northern Girl; 25 March 2008, 07:20 AM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
          Maybe well equiped, but with the doc at the base, the equipment at the clinic doesn't really matter

Spoiler:

Becasue according to that the exit wound doesn't have to be that big as described earlier. Check page 1.8 and pic on 1.9, drawn pics out of simulations in ballistics gel, you know the stuff they use in large quantitees in "Mythbusters"
          I will go over it when I get back to the post later. But the truth is, unless I am sadly mistaken, you cannot take Ballistic gel to interpret how it works on a human body. If the stuff they use on Mythbusters is the same stuff they used to use on old episodes of CSI then it is really just to determine markings to match bullets to guns. But when a bullet enters a body and then exits with as high of a velocity as it does, the pressure would tear a large hole in the back of the victim. In Basic training, our Drill Sergeants fired a M16 round (5.56, not 7.62) into an empty ammo can. The entry point was small. The exit point was probably about 2-3 inches in diameter. That was in a solid metal case at point blank range with a smaller round. You figure it out.

And Ainty, I am not saying that Brih should be dead, but she will be out of commission for a while with most likely a shattered clavicle.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

DG - does the truck have to be 'ground guided' and does that mean what I think it does? It's only goes as fast as the person leading will walk?
            The road isn't that bad.
            TD - can you answer this?

The vehicle that Williams came back to base in made it in 15 minutes. If DG says BB goes at only a walking pace, have the medic tell someone to order up something faster from the base.

This may be the incentive to have a humvee stationed here at the Garrison office for emergencies.
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

Just trying to find a way to save Bri

Ok, I won't be too persistent or stubborn, since my experience of weapons are my grand dads old airguns BUT

Spoiler:
              I tend to think that a bullets way through the body is much more similar to the one in this gel, then in an empty "tin can" due to the similaritys of density in the body vs. gel.

Brainstorming and putting my lack of knowledge about this out in the open, I have a very curious mind though

You get another kind of impact when hitting the can, then you do when hitting gel/body, or maybe we can count that one out of the equation due to the velocity? And therefore change the way the bullet rotates inside the can/body/gel?
              I have NO problem though to understand that the exit wound is bigger then the enty since there will be some sort of rotation of the bullet in whatever it hits

Hope I made some sense in my reasoning, right or wrong...

Comment

Just trying to find a way to save Bri

Ok, I won't be too persistent or stubborn, since my experience of weapons are my grand dads old airguns BUT

Spoiler:
                I tend to think that a bullets way through the body is much more similar to the one in this gel, then in an empty "tin can" due to the similaritys of density in the body vs. gel.

Brainstorming and putting my lack of knowledge about this out in the open, I have a very curious mind though

You get another kind of impact when hitting the can, then you do when hitting gel/body, or maybe we can count that one out of the equation due to the velocity? And therefore change the way the bullet rotates inside the can/body/gel?
                I have NO problem though to understand that the exit wound is bigger then the enty since there will be some sort of rotation of the bullet in whatever it hits

Hope I made some sense in my reasoning, right or wrong...

i would agree that the gel may not be exactly like flesh .... but would be far closer than a tin can!!

and the body being an amazing thing can be unpredictable and very unique and quite resilient.

i am a big believer that there is a lot of mind over matter involved ... the desire/will to live can be intstrumental ... i have been privvy to many miracles in my life (or what the medical journals classify as that) and am a firm believer that those things truly happen.

((((NG)))) thanks for taking care of my Brih!!

teehee!!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

Oh dear ...... I guess I'm glad I'm only skim-reading this now.

Comment

Ok, I'm brainstorming away here:

Spoiler:
                    Look at the pcs in the article: the smaller, 5.6 bullet, also fragments, and make a bigger tissue damage, the bigger one rotates once and then leaves the body end first, resluting in in a smaller exit wound...

Yes i'm as stubborns as a terrier

and a truck that moves a liiiiitle bit faster then walking would be apriciated

Edit: Aww, poor Ryn, but at least I put the gross stuff in spoilers

Comment

Ok, I'm brainstorming away here:

Spoiler:
                      Look at the pcs in the article: the smaller, 5.6 bullet, also fragments, and make a bigger tissue damage, the bigger one rotates once and then leaves the body end first, resluting in in a smaller exit wound...

Yes i'm as stubborns as a terrier

Edit: Aww, poor Ryn, but at least I put the gross stuff in spoilers

i like terriers ... have one of my own!! he is more like a flea than stubborn though!!

so the bigger round eh???

and *hugs* to ryn ... am right there with you ... i have a very low tolerance threshhold on that stuff *shudders*

teehee!!
                      Last edited by aintright; 25 March 2008, 02:55 PM.
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!

Comment

And then you make it all up with this, I really 'd at that one!!!!!!!!

MOVE IT PEEEPS.....

'Nuff talkin', on wiz da action .... *tosses hat in the air* YEEE-HAAAAAA

Comment

Okay, so I am missing something. Where is it said that the vehicle is moving at a walking speed. As far as I have experienced, there are only two times where a ground guide would be necessary:

1. When backing up into a parking spot
                          2. Special areas, hard to explain.

If this truck is serving in an ambulatory fashion, I cannot see it needing a ground guide. It should be working to get there as soon as possible.

Regarding the exit wound, I obviously know the difference between a tin can and flesh/gel. But if the gel is the stuff I am thinking of, there really is no way of determining an exit wound because the bullet stays in the gel, right? With the example of the tin can, I was merely trying to demonstrate the effect the pressure of an exiting round would have. I think we can agree that the tin can is much tougher than skin. So the wound in the back would be significant. I still think the best bet is a shot to the shoulder bone (clavicle) which would shatter the bone and leave a pretty decent exit wound. She would still survive, assuming that adequate medical attention arrives in time. It is probably the safest bet.

I will be back tomorrow, I am out of the area for a bit. I may check this again in a couple of hours.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                            DG - does the truck have to be 'ground guided' and does that mean what I think it does? It's only goes as fast as the person leading will walk?
                            The road isn't that bad.
                            TD - can you answer this?

The vehicle that Williams came back to base in made it in 15 minutes. If DG says BB goes at only a walking pace, have the medic tell someone to order up something faster from the base.

This may be the incentive to have a humvee stationed here at the Garrison office for emergencies.
                            On the open road back to base, ground guide wouldn't be needed. It's done when in, like TD said, backing up to park.

Special areas, I'd say more like any close quarters. Manuevering on a motor pool, in pedestrian areas.
                            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
                              On the open road back to base, ground guide wouldn't be needed. It's done when in, like TD said, backing up to park.

Special areas, I'd say more like any close quarters. Manuevering on a motor pool, in pedestrian areas.
                              Right, here we have to use one at the JMMT (The mail place.)
                              sigpic

Comment

TDGamer - unless I read your post wrong (I have been known to do that ), your quarters would not hold anything mission-ish. So no MRE's and stuff like that, maybe just an empty backpack if it is a personal one, but even that would have to be stored at the Armory/Stores. Your quarters are just to sleep in and maybe hold some clothes (civilian and/or BDu's alhough I bet the BDUs would be stored in your locker) and personal items (such as books, entertainment stuff, etc.).

Lockers are a separate room next to the washrooms, I'd imagine, it's how I always envisioned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X