Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    I've said this in the OOC thread, but it's impossible to keep the RP at a single timezone....
    No, it's not "impossible".
    We've been fighting for it and managed just fine to do so since August/September... You just have to be creative in the other end instead, figuring out what to do with your char while the time passes. It's all a matter of respect for each other IMHO.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

And yet, I would argue that by constraining everyone to a single timezone, you are, in fact, showing a distinct lack of respect for those people that are committed to the RP and want to post more. Respect for others would be an acceptance that different time zones are the nature of the beast and realisation that different players have different requirements.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
        Ok, correct me if I'm wrong here Jeff:
        The ones left in the infirmary waiting for a check up is the two younger boys?
        Everybody else if finished?
        Yep I'll play trent when the time comes and Oren if you need me to
        Tom's bio

Comment

Look, Blue's been wanting me to get a start on this trip since last month. So forgive me if I took a little shortcut that would've taken a few weeks of waiting otherwise.

Comment

Just for the record Vincent, Hutchinson and Suresh can be at any time up till early afternoon, 1500 at the latest I'd say.

And of course Sharp, I always over complicate things
            "I once thought it better to be right
            But now I have finally seen the light
            Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
            I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
            Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              And yet, I would argue that by constraining everyone to a single timezone, you are, in fact, showing a distinct lack of respect for those people that are committed to the RP and want to post more. Respect for others would be an acceptance that different time zones are the nature of the beast and realisation that different players have different requirements.
              Sorry, but this made no sense to me at all.

Sharp - Blue - please help us out here.

----------

Also I would like to comment on your OOC post in Infirmary, TJ. I doubt that doctors on base would actually 'prescribe' medicine as they did like on Earth. This base is a whole different ballgame. If Amanda would want people to use drugs in the treatment that she gives her patients - I guess she would refer them to the CMO. She is strictly there for counseling.

Comment

OK - for the record - I'm not going to add more to these discussions. We're all just here for the fun and games of it all and well, that's that. No more drama please.

Comment

I agree with NG that for the most part the base/Foreston do need to try to stay on the same timeline, HOWEVER I also feel that there can be exceptions made to this rule as there are exceptions that can be made to any rule. For example, if Gus, Julianna, or Carrie suddenly got timewarped into the next morning when the rest of the infirmary is still in late afternoon, THEN there would be a problem. But if Kylie/Devin, and others who are no longer interacting with the majority of people on the base, are timewarped into the next morning, then I don't see a problem with it.

I'm not just saying this because Kylie is involved, I would say the same thing about any character in any situation. And yes, I at least plan to make the trip to Foreston take a while so that the stories there can finish before K/D come riding into town, just in case any interaction needs to occur between the various characters.

And Vamp did tell me several times that Blue was asking him to get Kylie and Devin OFF the base ASAP.

Bottom Line: As long as you are showing respect to the players that you are currently interacting with, then timewarps, as well as timefreezes, can be a good thing to help those story lines that need to progess, and keep those storylines that need to remain stable for a while. Don't warp without the other players that you are interacting with, and don't freeze a character that is interacting with someone else currently.

If Vamp and I were wrong to do the timewarp, then I apologize, and I'll be happy to place a timefreeze on Kylie. But that's up to Blue/Sharp.
                  Dear Journal
                  My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

I still think that the best solution to the time crisis is to have a real time date set in which your characters can move as fast or slow as you want. once that time period is up it is the next day.

While it might be unfair to those who do not post as much the opposite isnt fair to those who post a lot.

Comment

Ok, heres the deal:
                      The RP will NEVER (99%) run on times related in anyway to real time.

Luckily- As Sam tells us- Time is relative.

Which means it doesn't matter that two places are in different times as long as they DON'T effect eachother. However- if your going 'back' in time by transferring zones you have two options: Either you can transfer normally, if it makes sense. BUT- if it logically doesn't make sense, you will probably have to wait it out, thats the only solution (however, the players in that zone should make an effort to catch up. -Of course, this doesn't imply you should just go as far in the future as you want.)

And thats about it :/ If foreston and the base get more than a day out of eachother I'll probably have to do a time freeze or some funky thing like that. *Shrug*

Just make sure your posts arn't time oriented-
                      i.e. Your not going to bed because its 2400 hours, your going to bed because your tired. If someone walks in the mess hall relatively close to when your character does- and they're getting steak- it's not a good time to get pancakes and eggs

If you have any questions I can answer them, I don't know if I explained it fully :/.
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

To change the subject - when did the Roman group become "refugees whose homeworld got destroyed" ? I'm getting confused here. I thought the Roman visitors were just that - visitors. And as is SOP for visitors they need a medical checkup... and now all of a sudden they're war victims?

<--- that's me, right now...

Comment

The actual romans aren't refugees, they are bringing human refugees to us because they cant take care of them. (Originally I thought it was just going to be Jeff- who we would readily accept. However Sharp probably won't deny the women and kids- he would have to ask the people in Foreston)
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

The refuges were Blue's idea and we were just going to put them at foreston and then probably bring Gena back to the base as a nurse
                            Tom's bio

Comment

From OOC -
                              Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                              About the time warp - The ride to Foreston is on LOA.

It's going to look mighty odd to have Devin and Kylie on Sunday morning and Nick and Cal on Saturday night. They're going to be at the Saturday night sing-a-long at Jack's.

Vampyr and JM - Please use TIME tags as well as location tags as long as you're so far out of sync.
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

The Romans are only here as a method of getting Torres & Co. to Gaia.
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X