Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks DG!

It was this perticular situation I meant. I have serious doubts that he'd be as outspoken towards someone who outranks him. Probabaly think the more instead

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

I'll post this here rather than in OOC - less cluttered here

Anyway :

In the mess hall, Xym made a reference to : "someone not being ready for prime time in a slot". What I think it means is, he meant that that person would (not?) be ready for "intense mission stuff" and thus (not?) put in a team slot. Because Xym missed out the word team in that phrase (as in "team slot"), I think that's why SR got confused. Hopefully, this is cleared up now. It's easy to get confused if there's a long post and a lot of words to read.

Now comes my own question to Xym: what's OCD ? As in "darn near OCD when it comes to my integrity". My turn to get confused.

I love this though, learning new words and ways to put things is fun.

Comment

OCD= obsessive compulsive disorder

As in: When comes to music and hockey, TheXym has ADD and OCD fueled by large quantities of high octane coffee

In a "team slot" would have clarified it a bit, but I'll chalk it up to thinking I put more in context and shaking off the rust from not posting much in a while

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Attention Deficit Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder? Does that level out your attention span to normal?
          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
          sigpic

Comment

Depends on how much coffee I have.

And THANK YOU for your public service announcement about how to post coherently in the other thread, Gen. You've hit upon most of my pet peeves. I'm tempted to rewrite it slightly into a what not to do list and repost it as a "how not to make yourself wanted in an RP"

I've got to say in all seriousness though, that the level of effort put forth by the non-native English speakers in the RP deserves respect and a tip of the hat. Thank you. You do a wonderful job. There's absolutely no excuse for a native English speaker to be butchering the language so that their RP posts are incoherent. It shouldn't be painful to read a post

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
              I'll post this here rather than in OOC - less cluttered here

Anyway :

In the mess hall, Xym made a reference to : "someone not being ready for prime time in a slot". What I think it means is, he meant that that person would (not?) be ready for "intense mission stuff" and thus (not?) put in a team slot. Because Xym missed out the word team in that phrase (as in "team slot"), I think that's why SR got confused. Hopefully, this is cleared up now. It's easy to get confused if there's a long post and a lot of words to read.

Now comes my own question to Xym: what's OCD ? As in "darn near OCD when it comes to my integrity". My turn to get confused.

I love this though, learning new words and ways to put things is fun.
              I maybe a non native English speaking person but I do know what a prime time slot is. You don't see this but you do see

That means I'm not confused at that, I'm just laughing cos it's funny. the question marks were only added for the effect. If i don't the slang I can always look it up.....duh!

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5182

Kinagi is the AU-Coroner. A position I would have never thought of.
                sigpic

Comment

What can I say. Blame me watching NCIS (Ducky!!!! he's so funny.) and not sleeping.
                  Didn't even know if the base would have such a coroner, it was more of a guess.

Comment

To those that like to know these things last night I added a time line for Ryn in her bio, since I constantly got my facts wrong.
                    This fluidic time thing that we got going messes me up all the time, LOL. I keep thinking that things have happened in that order, then in this order... So now that is sorted out definitively, I will start on the update post soon. Thanks to NG for all her help and encouragements there. Oh and I also changed her personality a bit in the bio.

Comment

I have a question for you REAL military types.

Do officers ever wear rank patches on their sleeves? I'm under the impression that only enlisted do. Officers have collar pips and shoulder insignia.
                      sigpic

Comment

*Rubs her hands together to explain the wildly different rank placements*

It's completely dependent on rank and service. General rules:

Duty Uniform-
                        Army (first obviously ) All ranks wear their insignia in the middle of their chest on the new Army Combat Uniform. All rank is on the collar in BDUs, which are no longer authorized for wear. Enlisted stripes are in black, all silver officer insignia are black, with gold officer insignia (only 2nd LT and major) in gold.

Air Force- Officer insignia is worn on the collar, either pinned or sewn, though sewn is more common from what I've seen. Which is all of one Air Force officer I can readily recall. Enlisted stripes are worn on the upper arm, both arms.

Marine Corps- I know all enlisted have their rank on their collar, and I'm fairly certain officers do too. My only close exposure to Marines was the detachment on Fort Gordon, there for signal school just like me and correspondingly lower enlisted.

Navy- Linking for the particularly complicated Navy ranks.
                        Junior enlisted have stripes on the shoulder with no collar insignia. NCOs have both stripes and collar insignia. Senior NCOs have stripes and collar insignia. I am fairly sure Navy officers wear their rank on their collar and that the officer's stripes are only in dress uniform. Don't make me swear to that, though.
                        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I guess that the moral to this story is : General Blue, it is your base, you decide where people wear stuff lol. It's also already been decided that Airforce ranks are the only ranks here. **hears someone mutter: dont get me started on that....*

Comment

ok! *sigh* i should have addressed this b4 i posted last night. my bad!

IMO ~ the best way to approach this is on a technical basis.

looking at the med bay map on file

the way i saw the layout, based on charater behaviors and my experience in medical facilities (not as a professional, but as a patient.)

there are four beds in a row on each side of the room.

i have made all my posts clear that since zach found his way back there he had taken his 'usual cot'.

Sharp has made it clear that he hates being in such places so i see him having the first cot on the left ~ it is closest to getting out of the place quick as possible. it is on the outside wall of the infirmary so he is as in the place as little as possible!!

then i would see Kim sitting in the bed directly across the room, from him as 2ndIC. because he and Claire are what they are (and her rank) i see her on the bed next to him.

now normally whitley (who is very quiet and easy going) would be on the bed next to claire and the civvie last on the leash. but again considering the little angst i saw it as a trade was made so he could be next to Claire (he and sarah are close and he wouldn't really have to ask she would just make they unspoken move for him and claire)!! yet zach would still be under the radar from the Colonel (he just isn't quite sure how to deal with the man ~ teehee).

anyway ~~ since they are SG1 they would set the standard for all teams.

that would make all four beds on the left and the first one on the right as understood to be left open for the teams to come in for their usual checkouts unless actually needed.

from what i can tell there are three patients in the med bay ...

the deputy! who i would see placed all the way in the back right corner.

since things were quiet they would prob put ryn a couple of beds over for "PRIVACY"

zach would be across the room and a bed over (diagonal to ryn)

also from my experience the curtains that go around are 'privacy curtains' which makes them just that ~ private ... not see through.

so i don't see how ryn would see anything without getting out of bed and walking over to zachs area and opening his curtain (for which i am sure Blue would have a whole new set of conversation with her) and she had posted that she was trapped in that bed.

so based on previous posts it would not be very practical for her to actually see them kissing. of course she may have seen their feet below the curtain and made her own deductions.

as for being noisy ... i assure you if our posts weren't clear, claire and zach are talking at a very low tone. (whispering sweet nothings hehehe) they don't want to be overheard.

so i apologize that i haven't posted very clearly ... i should have been more descriptive.

i am a very visual person and i get all these pictures in my head (mwaaa don't ask ... some people around gw have already figured i am many fries short of a happy meal). again my bad for making an assumption.

if we need to go back a few posts and have a redo ... well that is ok with me!!

ok ... that is all!! as always i talk to much

teehee!!
                            Last edited by aintright; 13 October 2008, 07:05 PM.
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

sounds good to me and am willing to rewrite if necessary.

I only thought it was fairly hearable. I did say before she picked up a word here and there, not entire lines or stuff, and from a trick of the light there could've been a view of what was going on. Or she could've just thought about seeing things.

*sigh*

I want a solution to this as much as the next person ... but what SR says next, goes for me...

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by aintright View Post
                                ok! *sigh* i should have addressed this b4 i posted last night. my bad!

IMO ~ the best way to approach this is on a technical basis.

looking at the med bay map on file

the way i saw the layout, based on charater behaviors and my experience in medical facilities (not as a professional, but as a patient.)

there are four beds in a row on each side of the room.

i have made all my posts clear that since zach found his way back there he had taken his 'usual cot'.

Sharp has made it clear that he hates being in such places so i see him having the first cot on the left ~ it is closest to getting out of the place quick as possible. it is on the outside wall of the infirmary so he is as in the place as little as possible!!

then i would see Kim sitting in the bed directly across the room, from him as 2ndIC. because he and Claire are what they are (and her rank) i see her on the bed next to him.

now normally whitley (who is very quiet and easy going) would be on the bed next to claire and the civvie last on the leash. but again considering the little angst i saw it as a trade was made so he could be next to Claire (he and sarah are close and he wouldn't really have to ask she would just make they unspoken move for him and claire)!! yet zach would still be under the radar from the Colonel (he just isn't quite sure how to deal with the man ~ teehee).

anyway ~~ since they are SG1 they would set the standard for all teams.

that would make all four beds on the left and the first one on the right as understood to be left open for the teams to come in for their usual checkouts unless actually needed.

from what i can tell there are three patients in the med bay ...

the deputy! who i would see placed all the way in the back right corner.

since things were quiet they would prob put ryn a couple of beds over for "PRIVACY"

zach would be across the room and a bed over (diagonal to ryn)

also from my experience the curtains that go around are 'privacy curtains' which makes them just that ~ private ... not see through.

so i don't see how ryn would see anything without getting out of bed and walking over to zachs area and opening his curtain (for which i am sure Blue would have a whole new set of conversation with her) and she had posted that she was trapped in that bed.

so based on previous posts it would not be very practical for her to actually see them kissing. of course she may have seen their feet below the curtain and made her own deductions.

as for being noisy ... i assure you if our posts weren't clear, claire and zach are talking at a very low tone. (whispering sweet nothings hehehe) they don't want to be overheard.

so i apologize that i haven't posted very clearly ... i should have been more descriptive.

i am a very visual person and i get all these pictures in my head (mwaaa don't ask ... some people around gw have already figured i am many fries short of a happy meal). again my bad for making an assumption.

if we need to go back a few posts and have a redo ... well that is ok with me!!

ok ... that is all!! as always i talk to much

teehee!!

and of course the most important part is this is all a moot point because i have no idea if this is how it works it is only what i envisioned in my mind!!

but since there hasn't been a team coming back for a check in since i started playing i would have no idea.
                                Last edited by aintright; 13 October 2008, 07:06 PM.
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!
                                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Working...
                                X