Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    *pokes the outdoors folks*

    Comment


      *Hint* When McGregor and Sullivan get to the infirmary, interrogate the young specialist about his blood type *Hint*
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

      Discover a … New Galaxy

      Look for a … New Adventure

      Find a … New Mythology

      Comment


        As a 4 gallon + blood donor, I can recite the procedure in my sleep.

        1) Check iron levels with a finger stick
        2) Position donor on the bed.
        3) Apply BP cuff and tighten to the point of pain.
        4) Have donor squeeze fist to raise the vein. (Usually squeezing a soft rubber ball.)
        5) Mark the start and end track of the vein with semi-permanent marker.
        6) Swab the area with iodine for about 30 seconds, maybe 45.
        7) Swab again, with a new swab, for another 15 seconds.
        8) Donor squeezes again and holds.
        9) Stick the vein and tape the needle down.
        10) Loosen the BP cuff slightly and have donor squeeze a fist every 10 seconds or so.
        11) Draw the test samples. Probably not required here.
        12) When the bag is full, withdraw the needle and have the donor press a gauze pad against the site. Preferably with their arm over their head. About 30 seconds to a minute for this.
        13) Check site for bleeding and bandage.
        14) Revive donor if required.

        From start to finish - about 10 minutes actual donation time.
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

        Comment


          Wow, 4 gallons+ You're faithful

          Since you're the blood donor and I'm not, I'm not going to argue with you aout the procedure Thanks for sharing the info.

          But for simplicity, let's just say that they skipped the "finger-sticking-part" due to the urgancy, if it turnes out later that he is low on irons, we'll just stuff the poor specialist with some super-duper iron-pills or maybe get one of the docs hunt him down with a syinge with iron

          "Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

          Comment


            15) Donor gets to eat a cookie and drink sugar loaded juice for his or her trouble.
            Dear Journal
            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
              As a 4 gallon + blood donor, I can recite the procedure in my sleep.

              1) Check iron levels with a finger stick
              2) Position donor on the bed.
              3) Apply BP cuff and tighten to the point of pain.
              4) Have donor squeeze fist to raise the vein. (Usually squeezing a soft rubber ball.)
              5) Mark the start and end track of the vein with semi-permanent marker.
              6) Swab the area with iodine for about 30 seconds, maybe 45.
              7) Swab again, with a new swab, for another 15 seconds.
              8) Donor squeezes again and holds.
              9) Stick the vein and tape the needle down.
              10) Loosen the BP cuff slightly and have donor squeeze a fist every 10 seconds or so.
              11) Draw the test samples. Probably not required here.
              12) When the bag is full, withdraw the needle and have the donor press a gauze pad against the site. Preferably with their arm over their head. About 30 seconds to a minute for this.
              13) Check site for bleeding and bandage.
              14) Revive donor if required.

              From start to finish - about 10 minutes actual donation time.
              10 minutes? It always feels lots longer. Though I've only done it twice, can't say I like it either, and it's been really cold both times, so it took ages for the blood collect. I don't remember the Iodine part
              "I once thought it better to be right
              But now I have finally seen the light
              Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
              I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

              - Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress


              Gateworld RP: Aftermath
              Update Thread

              Spoiler:

              Main Characters


              Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.


              Looking after

              For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

              Non-bio'd NPC Characters

              Comment


                Well, it only takes me 10 minutes from laying on the table to getting off. Then I get the Oreo's and pineapple juice. I'm a 'fast filler'.
                One day, there was another donor there ahead of me and they were still there after I ate my cookies and left.

                Yeah, I thought they'd omit the iron test. Possibly, if a serious enough shortage, they may bend the '56 day' rule. For the US Red Cross, a donor has to wait 56 days between donations.
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

                Comment


                  oh wow, over four gallons?! Your crazy!
                  sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

                  SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!


                  Join the Aftermath RP

                  Comment


                    How long do the effects of a couple of Intar rounds last?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                      How long do the effects of a couple of Intar rounds last?
                      That would probably depend upon the setting. How evil do you feel like being?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                        That would probably depend upon the setting. How evil do you feel like being?
                        Well, I need to make sure Major Ezekiel is not going to sneak up on me while I am busy saving your ***
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                          Well, I need to make sure Major Ezekiel is not going to sneak up on me while I am busy saving your ***
                          Mine? I was under the assumption that Stevens was the primary target. Besides, what's another person shooting at Hughes -- it's only been 3 or so.

                          If it were me (rather, Hughes ), I'd crank it all the way up. I seem to recall from "Rules of Engagement" that it knocked SG-1 out for a couple of hours. Lower settings, such as in "Proving Ground," would serve to be somewhat annoying more than anything else.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                            Mine? I was under the assumption that Stevens was the primary target. Besides, what's another person shooting at Hughes -- it's only been 3 or so.

                            If it were me (rather, Hughes ), I'd crank it all the way up. I seem to recall from "Rules of Engagement" that it knocked SG-1 out for a couple of hours. Lower settings, such as in "Proving Ground," would serve to be somewhat annoying more than anything else.
                            Good point. But perhaps I will save both your ***es. .

                            And that would be understandable. In a scenario like this, we probably would have it dialed up.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              I figured they wouldn't be turned up all the way but on a high setting. But thats just me.

                              From the Gate world Omnipedia

                              INTAR
                              A non-lethal Jaffa training weapon, which fires low-energy bursts at its target. An intar blast stings, but requires several shots to render a target unconscious. The energy yield can be adjusted, from a minimum to maximum setting.

                              Intars can take the form of any weapon, from an S.G.C. P-90 to a Goa'uld staff weapon, and is identifyable by a large red crystal in the handle.
                              Last edited by max_omega; 08 May 2008, 07:22 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

                              August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

                              Comment


                                DG or TD

                                Just wondering what type of rules are there in an engagement like this for the military. I am not real sure where to look as to find them. So we can do things that would be acceptable practice in any kind of training scenario. Is there a website that i could find out.

                                Thanks
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

                                August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X