No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was the fifth race, jack made a zpm like powersource while under control on the ancients. it wasnt a crystal but more like a vile of bright yellow liquid

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
      You're probably right about the effective range being farther than 2 meters. But not that much, not hundreds, maybe a dozen or so. Sorry for not using feet/inches, but I can't think that way.
      No problem about using meters, I can do the approximate conversion. I haven't seen anything definitive, so my estimates imho are on the conservative side. Anyone else with thoughts?

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
        1). Nice effort, great job with the slight stock extension and the barrel extension. I envisioned the zat horizontally mounted under the barrel extension so the mounting bracket would be on the barrel (technically around it with the zat underneath, in a sideways orientation.

| | <----- P-90
        |o|
        ======== <--zat (longer side is trigger assembly side)
        | |
        Well, In this design, the Zat, is still reversible, it would just be placed on the other side, like this

Spoiler:

I'm a little confused about your Design TheXym, do you mean the zat would be flipped on its side, and placed directly under the barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
          I'm a little confused about your Design TheXym, do you mean the zat would be flipped on its side, and placed directly under the barrel?

Yes! That way only one mount needs to be on the P-90 and you don't have to worry about swapping it to the other side, just detach and pop the zat in either way. No need to worry about a "lefty or a righty" and no double mounts. No mess, no fuss. I figure it'd be easier for the armorers to issue them or for the field personnell to use them and much easier for the mount design think the firing handle of the zat sticking out at an angle straight to the side. If I had the photoshop skills or a scanner for a hand drawing I'd do it, but I think you've got the idea.

Comment

Yes! That way only one mount needs to be on the P-90 and you don't have to worry about swapping it to the other side, just detach and pop the zat in either way. No need to worry about a "lefty or a righty" and no double mounts. No mess, no fuss. I figure it'd be easier for the armorers to issue them or for the field personnell to use them and much easier for the mount design think the firing handle of the zat sticking out at an angle straight to the side. If I had the photoshop skills or a scanner for a hand drawing I'd do it, but I think you've got the idea.
            Coming from a tactical standpoint, and assuming I am understanding you correctly, your idea would not work. The way Tupopoflungo's design is, the trigger for the zat is in the natural position that your spare hand would be when firing while holding the weapon with two hands. The way I understand your idea is that you would really have to move your spare hand in order to reach the Zat trigger. In a tactical situation, you want that to be easy as possible. The M-203 on the M-4/M-16 is in the position it is because that is pretty much where your second hand would be anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

Just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                Coming from a tactical standpoint, and assuming I am understanding you correctly, your idea would not work. The way Tupopoflungo's design is, the trigger for the zat is in the natural position that your spare hand would be when firing while holding the weapon with two hands. The way I understand your idea is that you would really have to move your spare hand in order to reach the Zat trigger. In a tactical situation, you want that to be easy as possible. The M-203 on the M-4/M-16 is in the position it is because that is pretty much where your second hand would be anyway.
                It's about six inches farther forward and your wrist would rotated inward 90 degrees towards the gun instead of oriented straight up and down. I've held an airsoft P-90 and holding my hand out where I'm picturing the zat handle to be would work just fine as well as prevent any congestion in the trigger guard area (a side benefit would be that if someone of the other handedness had to pick up the weapon in a pinch they'd still be able to fire the P-90 portion while the photoshopped version would prevent that.

Comment

It's about six inches farther forward and your wrist would rotated inward 90 degrees towards the gun instead of oriented straight up and down. I've held an airsoft P-90 and holding my hand out where I'm picturing the zat handle to be would work just fine as well as prevent any congestion in the trigger guard area (a side benefit would be that if someone of the other handedness had to pick up the weapon in a pinch they'd still be able to fire the P-90 portion while the photoshopped version would prevent that.
                  Ok, so I was not understanding. The only issue that I still see with that is that you risk extending your elbow further out with your design. An extended elbow is a bigger target. With Tupopo's design, that is not an issue. Now, I understand your concern about the inability to pick up a weapon that is not designed for your handedness, but if you think about it, all it takes is a slight extension of your finger to reach the zat side. A slight discomfort, but if you are desperate enough to need to pick up another's -90, you probably will not need the zat.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm only seeing about a 1.5 - 2.5 inch difference if that when I rotate the elbow to the position it'd be in when in firing position. I honestly don't feel it's that much of a difference to warrant the change from my idea, though your point is taken.

Comment

I'm only seeing about a 1.5 - 2.5 inch difference if that when I rotate the elbow to the position it'd be in when in firing position. I honestly don't feel it's that much of a difference to warrant the change from my idea, though your point is taken.
                      Is there any "Official" thought of the design, or is it all speculation at this point? I see your point, but this was a good discussion about the pros and cons of either design.
                      sigpic

Comment

The range of 25 feet is approved, as for the design- you guys are going to have to figure that out. If you want me to make a decision: Each PM me the pros and cons. (let me know beforehand that you are counting on me making the decision)
                        sigpic
                        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Sharp or Gen - can I post in Foreston for the next day in that thread, or do I need to go to Outdoors - since Jeanie lives next door to David's house ? Just asking to be sure.
                          Also, maybe we ought to create a Foreston - Houses/Cottages thread, to separate the areas within the town, and maybe only use the Foreston thread for the public places ?

Comment

Xym and Ainty need to wrap up their charries then hopefully it's morning in Foreston

*pokes both* *poofs off to post*

Comment

Go ahead. Just use a time tag as well as location. At least until everyone is out of the 'night'.
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

Go ahead with what ? lol. I asked a few too many questions, didn't I ?

Comment

Working...
                                X