Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Recovery 2]

Gus raised his eyebrows at the news of a tiger deer attack so close to the base. He hoped that Chikozu had been able to take care of the animal in a way that insured it wouldn't be around to hurt anyone else. Most of the time the creatures were harmless, but when they attacked, it was bad, very bad, the kind of bad that made a doctor wish for more visitors like Kevin Cooper. Personally, he would much rather deal with the frustrating councilman, than have to clean up the mess that a tiger deer could leave behind. "Ok. And if Cooper's still hanging around, tell him to take a break, maybe go lay down in the VIP quarters for awhile. I have Jennyfer babysitting him for the time being, but she's going to need to get back to work eventually." Gus knew he didn't need to go into any futher details about how the man was tying up his already thinly streatched staff.

"Thanks, Delen. I really appreciate your help around here. When this is all over, we're going to have to sit down and have a serious talk about you becoming a more permanent part of the staff here, and in Foreston." The CMO told the Aran woman, genuinely greatful for her presence.

Before leaving the room, Gus turned to take a long look at Nat. Then, to his astonishment, the woman started to wake up right before his eyes as he watched her. For a split second, Gus wasn't sure he could believe his eyes. But then there it was. A tiny swallow to indicate that she had started breathing on her own again, a tiny twitch of her hand, and finally the small flutter of eye lashes as Nat came out of the comatose state. He instantly recognized the intial signs of her much improved state. "She's waking up!" He announced to the two women in the room, almost afraid that if he said something out loud the illusion would disappear.

He walked quickly over to her bedside, and smiled widely at his patient. "It's good to see you awake, Nat." At the sounds of her coughing, Gus placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, still smiling. "Take it easy, Captain, we'll get the tube out."

He searched for the closest face, and his eyes landed on Sam. With a nod, the two men made quick work of removing the tube from Nat's throat. "That's good. Much better now, I'm sure." He spoke to Nat as continued waves of relief flooded his system.

He reached for the ever handy ice chips, and placed a few of them on Nat's lips for her to suck on, and hopefully relieve some of the soreness from her throat. "Here you go. Don't try to talk just yet." He instructed gently.

The doctor allowed a few minutes for the ice chips to melt, occassionly offering the woman more, one pinch at a time. "I need to ask you some questions. But don't speak, just nod for me, ok? Do you know where you are?"

Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

Carrie made her way towards the door alongside Gus, feeling a lot of gratitude towards Delen for volunteering for the first shift at Nat’s side, making her self free to tend to “her” patients. “I’ll tell him you told me to say that” she said with a wink towards Gus as she stepped out of the room, only to a second later bustle back inside as she heard her boss call out.

‘Well that was a good 180, from almost brain-dead to cardiac arrest and now awake! I wonder what Josh would say about this if he knew… or maybe I already do know…’
      Carrie remained in the doorway though; keeping a close eye on the monitors as Gus and Sam went in to action to extubate Nat, feeling that she was more out of the way by standing where she did, but as the minutes passed she moved closer to be able to hear, or see, Nat’s answers.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

"You're welcome. I'm glad I can be of service again! Whenever you're free, we can talk." Delen replied to Gus, genuinely grateful for his consideration towards her.

When Gus said that Natasha was waking up, Delen did not believe him at first, staying where she was. When he approached the bed, she took a long look at the patient and she seemed to be really in the first stages of awakening. Then the profuse coughing took all her doubts away, but as Gus and Sam were already on it, she stayed back, as Carrie did, not to get in the guys' way, waiting until she was necessary again with the usual Aran patience. 'This is incredible! I've never seen something like this! Wow! From almost dead to totally alive in ten minutes!' She thought to herself amazed by the woman in the bed.

Delen Treisa - Aran Refugee

******************************************************************************** *

Natasha heard Gus speak to her and nodded at his remark that it was good to see her. It was good to see him too or anyone for that matter, but she couldn't say that yet. She couldn't stop the coughing since it was a natural reaction to the tube on her throat, but she tried to calm down consciously as Gus placed a hand on her shoulder.

She nodded to the people in the room, especially Gus after the procedure. She felt infinitely better now, though her throat was itching like hell due to the healing of the the small scars left by the extubation process. Natasha felt the great relief felt by Gus, Carrie, Delen and Sam, but still unable to speak simply smiled at them and let them feel she felt the same. Glad to be back as weird as it could seem.

The ice chips were like a godsend and did their work in helping her with fixing her throat with much less soreness. She could've just cut it out, but then she wouldn't know when it was fully healed. A little discomfort was sometimes necessary for a better healing process. She nodded to Gus when he instructed her not to talk and took a deep breath to access the current state of her throat. It was still a little sore, but less so than a minute before.

As more ice chips melted on her lips, they not only relieved their own dryness, but also gave her the time she needed to recover more. There was a lingering tingling sensation, but taking another deep breath Natasha didn't sense any pain anymore.

"It's OK, sir." She said in respect of Gus' rank. "I feel fine." She continued, regaining use of her vocal cords, there was very little discomfort now.

"My throat is almost alright. I guess another minute or so and it'll be peachy new. Thanks for the ice chips!" She said with good humor and a smile.

"Oh! We're in the Infirmary, by the way, probably one of the isolation or recovery rooms due to the single bed and equipment." She answered the question.

"To be honest, sir, this is a place where I thought I'd never end up in for many reasons, but never say never, right?" She continued with the same good humor, offering everyone a smile as she set up in the bed. The IV needle escaped her hand, leaving a purple circle that slowly disappeared and wasn't even felt by the carrier since Natasha was more worried in reassuring the docs that she was OK now.

"By the way, can this go now?" She said pointing to her head and chest where the electrodes of the ECG and the EEG were plugged on her body. "They're what's disturbing me the most now." She said honestly, not worrying about being semi-naked in front of two men. They were medical professionals anyway and have seen lots of women in the flesh before. Their focus on her well being helped in the way she felt as well.

"I can't say that some clothing wouldn't be quite welcomed as well." She said to them as she took another deep breath and felt nothing in her throat. Being more clothed would be really good for when she received Rachael's, but especially Liam's visit.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 17 September 2008, 02:46 PM. Reason: adding some stuff
        Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

Carrie placed a hand Nat’s knee and gave it a reassuring squeeze “Hey Nat, good to have you back. I’d say we go half way with the tubes and lines and that stuff; The ECG stays on for the night as a precaution, the rest goes for now and stays off as long as your improving and Sam can get you some scrubs instead of that gown. Right Sam?”
          Sam nodded and gave Nat a grin “Sure. I’ll be back in a few.”
          “Thanks” She looked back at Nat as continued. “I’m not too comfortable of getting rid of all the monitoring equipment just like that. You gave us quite a scare you know. Anything you can tell us about what happened?”

Comment

<<Suji Kinagi -- Vet -- Her Lab>>

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
            < Alien organism lab >

Tim cringed inwardly, hoping by God he wasn’t too obvious; ‘Looking some alien equivalent of a rodent up its rear? Just for the fun of it? O, you've got to be kidding me. Not unless Blue gives me a direct order of it… and even if so I might just consider it…’
            “Thanks for the offer Doc, but I think I might just leave it to professionals like your self… And your assistant.”

He flashed a big smile towards the younger man behind her shoulder and then took a gentle hold of Kinagi’s shoulders and turned her towards the door as he spoke.“As a matter of fact she is and she needs your attention for a little while since you are the one who are the back up surgeon around this place.” Tim turned his head and looked back at the assistant, still holding the little creature in his hands, mouthing a ‘WOW!’, and then focused back on Kinagi.
            “Med bay next then?”

"Well if you need a directive from Blue to get some spare time to join me, I am sure if I expressed the desire I could get him to talk to Gus on your behalf." Preoccupied with her desire to get this mystery solved she had missed the man's intent. "My assistant and I could always use an extra pair of hands."

She smiled at Tim as he approached her and placed his hands on her shoulders. The sound of her assistant's snicker was most audible in the background. He added in his own quip, "I would be happy to sacrifice second seat to you Sergeant."

"She is here, in the infirmary? Oh Timothy, it was so good of you to keep me in mind. Absolutely, lead on." She looked over her shoulder to her assistant, "Continue with the documenting of the Timiglia's behaviors, I will be right back."

((here we come Ryn!))
            sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

‘CRAP!! NO!!’ I need her to get her mind on something else here. “Oh please, no trouble for me. That won’t be necessary, I’ve got enough on my hands as it is.” Tim looked over his shoulder with a grin as he heard the assistant call out for them.
              “Thank you and good bye Airman…!”

He led the way out of the lab and down the hallway. “Just remember I brought you in on this because of your skills as a surgeon, okay? Those of us who work here know that you’re very good at what you do, but do you think you might just try stay well below the radar if you know what I mean? Maybe try and make it not so obvious to her that you’re a DVM instead of a regular MD? Please?”

Tim held the doors to the Med bay open for Dr Kinagi to pass and then continued over to Ryn’s bed.
              “Ryn?” He put a gentle hand on her thigh, in an attempt not to startle the apparently sleeping woman too much. “Time to wake up”

Comment

((hehe, thanks, brace yourself ))

The lovely meadow - complete with frolicking rabbits and birds and beautiful fully-bloomed flowers - suddenly changed to the stark, ugly gray of the Infirmary. And two faces as well. When her vision cleared enough for Ryn to recognise them, she stared at Kunagi, and was wide-awake in an instant.

"Oh, no. Ohhhhhh, no way. You gotta be kiddin' me. The coroner?!" Ryn looked from Kinagi to Tim, completely shocked.
                "What did you do ?! I'm not dead! I was just sleeping!" Wide-eyed, Ryn tried getting away from them but found the bed was in her way as was the IV. "Get her away! Oh my god, get her away! I'm not dead! Please!" Frantic, Ryn looked from one to the other, not really sure if she was still dreaming or not. I don't see a body bag anywhere but I'm sure it can't be far away!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                  [Nurse Jennyfer Santiago-Staff Lounge]

The nurse smiled at the offer of a drink from the Chaplain. "It's a deal." She called after him, pointedly ignoring Cooper's words. This wasn't the first time that Josh had promised to buy one of the nurse's a drink, it had become somewhat of a trademark with him, and one of the things that kept encouraging the infirmary to do their job. In fact, if the trend continued, the nurses would end up being the ones owing him. Maybe they should just start a collection now. The buy the Chaplain a steak dinner fund. She almost laughed at the thought, but stopped herself, remembering the presence of the councilman.

She accepted the comment about the coffee with a small nod. "I've heard that we have the best coffee on the base in here. Guess we have to, though. If the doctors fall asleep, then we're all in trouble." She responded lightly. If Cooper could keep the conversation light, almost to the point of sarcasm, then so could she.

Hesitating for half a second at the mention of Janus, Jennyfer quickly covered her suprise by reaching for a coffee mug from the top shelf. The words, however true, and however many times it had been talked about in the past couple weeks, were still enough to take her slightly off guard. "Of course I know about his symbiote. I just don't think of Janus as a 'mini-me'. He's part of who the General is now. It's easy to forget, really." She wanted to say more, wanted to scream at the man until he realized what she had about the General and Janus. If Cooper had been there, had seen the interaction, then he would understand. Jennyfer hadn't been on the list of the priveleged few who got to witness the entire process of the General's brief stay in the infirmary, but she had seen enough, and heard even more.

The nurse was a little suprised at the change in subject, but decided to play along, for now. Sitting the cup of coffee in front of Cooper, Jennyfer took a seat across the table from him. "If you mean it's in her best interest because she'll recieve the care that she needs without the doctors having to constantly work around you, argue with you, assign a staff member to constantly babysit you and literally have to force you out of her room at night, then I'd be inclined to agree. After all, the only thing worse than seeing a patient who never gets any visitors is seeing one with a visitor that never leaves, and impedes the doctor's work. But I still think that Brihana's best interest would be to have you here, on the base, visiting a couple times a day, and letting her know that she's important, that she's cared for, that someone wants her to get better, and get back on her feet. There's only so much a nurse can do in that regards. Of course, what do I know about Brihana? I just met her, and she was unconcious at the time. I can only speak about what I've seen work in the past with other patients. Maybe Brihana is related to superwoman, maybe she doesn't need the human component that normal people need." Jennyfer bit her lip before she said too much. It might already be too late, she had already crossed a line that very few nurses dared to even get close to. But she wasn't going to apologize for what she said. If Cooper got angry, and complained to Gus about it, she would deal with it. She honestly believed that it was something that Cooper had needed to hear.

<<Kevin Cooper ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Cooper leaned back into his chair and clasped his hands firmly behind his head. Crossing his legs in front of him he settled in for the woman's dissertation. Frankly he didn't need her to confirm that most considered him a royal pain in the buttocks. His shock had warn off and he was back in full gear. The real Kevin Cooper had returned in total wardrobe.

When he was sure she was quite done he leaned forward to get a good eye to eye. "Let's just clarify a few things, One, Brihanna has a very strong self esteem and has no doubt of her importance. She doesn't need her boss around for that. Two, I will only be a stones throw away in Foreston. Upon your call to let me know she is conscious I will head back over if needed. Three, Brihanna is not related to superwoman, She Is Superwoman. Four, don't tag your job on me. The General and his playmate keep telling me how good you people are. Live up to your reputation. Five, you are quite beautiful when you are angry. Did you know that you get this wonderful spark in your eyes? Six, Santiago, is that latino? Would explain the fire buried deep in you. Waiting, just waiting to erupt."

He finished his count with a slight tilt of the head and his trademark dashing smile that had conquered many a heart. He leaned back into his chair remaining silent for only a short moment. "So where is this grub? I really need to hit the road."

((enough of the sappy councilman))

<<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Josh stepped out the door and a short way down the hall. He made eye contact with his assistant hoping to get an indication of any changes. He slid down the wall where he stood and ran his hands up his forehead. His chest heaved out a loud sigh and held in the overwhelming desire to scream.

He mumbled a short prayer for strength and prepared to head back in for round umm, what round was this anyway?
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[Recovery 2]

Gus blinked when words started to pour out of Nat's mouth. He had never witnessed a patient who could talk so much right after coming off a ventilator. But then again, this was no ordinary woman. He let Carrie answer the questions about the monitering equipment, and wordlessly approved when she asked Sam to retrieve some better clothes for Nat. He really did have the best staff on the entire base.

He offered Nat a half smile before comenting himself. "I have seen a lot of things since becoming CMO, but I got to say, this is one of the most astonishing. Nat, you've been a coma for the past 30 hours. Now, not only do you come out of it just minutes after crashing....twice, but you look and sound completely healthy. However, I agree with Carrie on this one. The ECG stays for now." His voice was deep and gentle, and not entirely unfriendly. He knew that he really didn't have to say anything to back Carrie up, but figured that a few words from the CMO wouldn't hurt.

Then Carrie asked the question that had been on the mind of all the doctors in the room for the past several hours. What does she remember? Yeah, I'm interested in that one too. He thought silently to himself, but didn't say anything out loud.

Dear Journal
                    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

[Staff Lounge-Nurse Jennyfer Santiago]

Jennyfer felt her jaw drop as the councilman listed out his arguments against her. His voice wasn't cold necessarily, and surely he didn't mean to hurt her. Then again, she probably deserved some of what he saying. But surely not all of it. She felt like a private being given a public dressing down by a Colonel for speaking out of turn. At least until the last two items on Cooper's list. The nurse felt herself grow even more angry with the man. The gall of him to actually suggest such a thing! Was he flirting with her? She never....and then to ask about food on top of everything else!

Giving herself an extra minute to calm down, Jennyfer settled for the path of least resistence, her voice quiet, but unwavering. "You haven't been lied to. We are as good as our reputation, Mr. Cooper. But for all of our work, our cares, our time, it never feels like enough. We can make a patient comfortable for a few days while they're in here, but when they leave, we can't keep up with all of them all the time. They need others to do that, teammates, friends. Because, unlike Brihanna, I am not Superwoman. I apologize if I was out of line with you. I know you'll be there, as her boss, and hopefully as a friend, when she's able to return to Foreston. But I've seen it too many times, when a patient without visitors returns to a life without friends." A small pool of water bubbled up in one corner of Jennyfer's eye, but she managed to blink it quickly away.

She took a deep breath, and smiled at the man across from her. "As for my beauty and my origin, with all respect, councilman, I don't see how that's any of your business. But for the record, I'm not Latina, I'm Venezuelan. There's a difference. It's one you should look up some time." Her Spainish accent was obvious as she said the words Latina and Venezuelan implying a language well learned and practiced, that could come out whenever the time was right. Normally, she spoke without an accent, but it was native words like these that brought it out.

[Airman Brinkley-NPC]

"Hey, Jenny, I thought I heard your voice." The airman said with a smile as he brought the food into the staff lounge as ordered earlier. "Let's see here, two pastas, and an egg sandwich to go." He read off the contents of the tray, as he sat it down on the table between the two occupants.

Jennyfer smiled at the airman's use of the affectionate nickname. He wasn't the only one who called her Jenny, but he was one of the few who could get away with it. He had gotten rather close to her after being seriously wounded by a staff blast during Zeus' attack on the base. "Thanks, Todd." The nurse said addressing the man by his first name. Then she turned back to Cooper. "Looks like your 'grub' has finally arrived."

The airman totally missed any lingering attention in the room. "Hey, now this food ain't half bad." He challenged the unfamiliar man. Before turning to leave, he flashed the nurse a brillant smile. "Oh, by the way, Jenny, some guy's waiting out front to see to a Bystronski. Looked like he'd been there awhile. Figured I'd let you know, just in case."

Jennyfer sighed briefly knowing that under Gus's orders she couldn't leave the councilman alone unless there was an emergency. "Do me a favor, Todd, and try to find one of the docs to let him back for a visit. Wasn't there anyone at the nurse's station?" As she spoke, she tried to subtly shift her eyes in Cooper's direction, hoping the airman would get the message that she was on babysitting duty.

Unfortunately, Brinkley misinterpreted the action to mean that she was on a lunch break with the strange man and didn't want to give up that precious time. His happy expression faded, and he nodded to himself, thinking it was the nurse's way of rejecting him. "Oh, uh....Well, I see...I'll do what I can. And, no, there wasn't anyone there. Figure y'all have been kind of busy. I'll see you later, Jenny." With that the airman was gone.

Almost as soon as Brinkley stepped into the hallway, he was met with one of the nurses, Sam, carrying a set of scrubs toward what he remembered to the recovery rooms. "Hey, Sam, wait up a sec!" He called to the male nurse. "I was bringing up some food for Jennyfer and her date and ran across a guy in the waiting area. No one was at the nurse's station, but the guy's here to see a Bystronski. Just thought I'd pass the message along."
                      Dear Journal

Comment

(( OOC - Ryn. I loved the twist with the coroner. GW won't let me green you for it. ))

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
                        Carrie placed a hand Nat’s knee and gave it a reassuring squeeze “Hey Nat, good to have you back. I’d say we go half way with the tubes and lines and that stuff; The ECG stays on for the night as a precaution, the rest goes for now and stays off as long as your improving and Sam can get you some scrubs instead of that gown. Right Sam?”
                        Sam nodded and gave Nat a grin “Sure. I’ll be back in a few.”
                        “Thanks” She looked back at Nat as continued. “I’m not too comfortable of getting rid of all the monitoring equipment just like that. You gave us quite a scare you know. Anything you can tell us about what happened?”

Natasha felt a reassuring sensation as Carrie placed a hand on her knee. She liked the human contact as it allowed her to confirm everything that had just happened and that now that she wasn't fighting with herself all the time anymore, the simple touch from another person didn't send her on an empathic transference journey and could actually be enjoyable instead of disturbing. Something she thought she'd never feel like again.

"Thanks! It's good to be back!" She said to Carrie with a smile. "At least I had to try. The more you can take off, the better. I appreciate the clothing too." She continued resigned with the fact that some stuff would stay plugged, apparently for her own safety and happy to become more presentable to receive people. The last thing she wanted now was to be alone. "I understand why you feel you cannot trust me now. You're scared for me and maybe of me! You all are. You were right about Bisenti, Carrie. I did it and a part of me reveled in it!" She continued.

"That's part of the reason why I gave up. I saw myself in a very bad light for a second there and I thought I couldn't live with it! That it was better to stop myself before I could hurt anyone else. Someone that didn't deserve it!" She said in a serious tone now. "But I've come to realize why that happened and made my own amends to insure that it won't be the case anymore.... I think!" She continued unsure, but hopeful that the joining would finish that problem.

Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                        Gus blinked when words started to pour out of Nat's mouth. He had never witnessed a patient who could talk so much right after coming off a ventilator. But then again, this was no ordinary woman. He let Carrie answer the questions about the monitering equipment, and wordlessly approved when she asked Sam to retrieve some better clothes for Nat. He really did have the best staff on the entire base.

He offered Nat a half smile before comenting himself. "I have seen a lot of things since becoming CMO, but I got to say, this is one of the most astonishing. Nat, you've been a coma for the past 30 hours. Now, not only do you come out of it just minutes after crashing....twice, but you look and sound completely healthy. However, I agree with Carrie on this one. The ECG stays for now." His voice was deep and gentle, and not entirely unfriendly. He knew that he really didn't have to say anything to back Carrie up, but figured that a few words from the CMO wouldn't hurt.

Then Carrie asked the question that had been on the mind of all the doctors in the room for the past several hours. What does she remember? Yeah, I'm interested in that one too. He thought silently to himself, but didn't say anything out loud.

"This is why my CAG changed my call sign from Lone Wolf to Phoenix a few years ago, sir. I tend to be reborn from my own ashes." She said to Gus with a smile, remembering that day when the official change was made.

"I can see you're all curious about what happened. OK. First, I crumbled upon myself as I retreated too fast from trying to reach.... everyone." She left it hanging in the air. "Then I got trapped and couldn't wake up. Mom payed me a visit, courtesy of Rachael. Then I went in a memory ride in which I remembered all that I had forgotten in time. Then when I was decided to finish it after I remembered what happened in the Brig, that was when we... talked." She left it hanging again. "I ended up in a ring in which my yang totally kicked my yin's ass; I had the opportunity to talk to my Spock side and my psychic side. After that, we all joined into one and that was when I woke up so we could have this conversation! I mean in a more usual way.... talking!" She said in a good humor, retelling the sequence of events that had happened, like a little story, joking about it.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience I've caused you, but I needed to pass through this! Better now then later when worse could've happened! I guess what I mean is....now that I'm whole such sort of thing won't happen anymore because I'm no longer fighting with myself all the time." She apologized for worrying them and continued to explain it.

"I've come to realize who I am during the time I've spent trapped and who I want to be." She said with conviction. "If something I've learnt from all of this is that life is not about what you are, it's about who you are and I no longer have doubts about it!" She continued. "I'm not perfect! Far from it! But I have a place in this collectivity as do all of us. Each person is important and this is why we must all live! To learn from each other, to grow together into a greater destiny." She said with the same conviction.

"By the way, I think you should form a theory room here in the Infirmary and place Carrie in charge of it, sir!" She said to Gus changing her tone to a joking one again. "She nailed it! I am Alteran.... an Ancient." She said, deciding it was better to let the doctors, especially the CMO know at once and left it in the air to capture their reactions, verbal and thought/feelings wise.

(( OOC - To those not familiar with Star Trek, Spock is a Vulcan which is a race devoted to the exercise of logic as a life style. ))
                        Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 22 September 2008, 06:17 AM.
                        Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[Recovery 2]

Gus wished that Nat hadn't confessed to being the reason behind Steven's sudden insanity. It put him in a difficult position as CMO. On one hand, it was technically an assualt. But on the other hand, the ex-nurse had deserved it, and even if Bisenti wanted to press charges, he had no proof against Nat. Finally, Gus sighed. "Yeah. Don't know if you got my message on that one or not, but he's going to make a full recovery, and hopefully stay locked away in the brig for a long, long time. You know, Julianna said that he confessed everything when he thought he was going to die. We can't use it for his trial, but it gave us an 'in'. As far as I'm concerned, you were in a deep coma at the time, you can't be blamed for something that happened while you were unconcious. If Bisenti ever finds out what really happened....." he'll come after you too. Right along with Mary and Julia. Gus finished the thought silently. That was all he was going to say on the subject. It was better not to dwell on it for too long.

The CMO listened to the rest of the Captain's experiences with both a professional and a friendly ear. One part of him wanted to remain objective, to study what happened to Nat from a scientific angle, but the other part of him, the part that almost always won battles like this one, just wanted to let the woman explain, to vent some of issues she had been facing. He didn't pretend to understand everything, his brow wrinkling in confussion when Nat mentioned her mother and the connection to Rachael, but he let her talk.

He smiled at the clear convictions that she presented at the end of her speech. He agreed, everyone did have a specific place, and as long as each fulfilled his or her role, there would be harmony.

Then came the moment of truth, Nat's long awaited announcement. Gus had been expecting it, but somehow hearing the woman speak the words was weird, not because it was totally new to him, but because of the way she said it. It was like Nat said it more to herself than to the other occupants of the room. Admission to the self was often the first and hardest step a person had to take before living with the things that made them different. He had told many patients the same thing before, men who had been injured so badly they would never walk again. Just say it, he would tell them. Just say 'I'm a quadriplegic'. Suddenly aware that Nat could hear his thoughts, Gus cleared his throat, and spoke. "Oh, uh....sorry about that. Ignore that last thought. I mean, if you're listening." The CMO scrunched up his face in an expression that read confussed, but not condescending. He released a breath, and tried again. "Sorry, I'm not doing too well with this, am I? What I meant to say...think, Captain, is that no matter what you are, you're a valuable part of this base. In fact, having an Ancient around is probably going to result in more good, than not. It's more a matter of who you are. And from what I can tell, you're a wonderful officer, and a good person at heart. I'm glad to know that you've been able to work every thing out within yourself, and if you ever need to talk, Carrie and I will be here for you. I admit, I'm a little rusty on Ancient physiology, but I'll get better."

Mentally, it was now clear that Gus was totally comfortable with having an Ancient for a patient. It wasn't going to change anything. Not in his treatment of Nat, and not in his personal feelings toward her. "Oh, and I'll think about what you said about Carrie leading a theory room." He mentioned with a wink. He owed the other doctor a huge apology for not believing her in the first place. But that could wait until later. Right now, his focus needed to stay on Nat.

Dear Journal

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                            ((hehe, thanks, brace yourself ))

The lovely meadow - complete with frolicking rabbits and birds and beautiful fully-bloomed flowers - suddenly changed to the stark, ugly gray of the Infirmary. And two faces as well. When her vision cleared enough for Ryn to recognise them, she stared at Kunagi, and was wide-awake in an instant.

"Oh, no. Ohhhhhh, no way. You gotta be kiddin' me. The coroner?!" Ryn looked from Kinagi to Tim, completely shocked.
                            "What did you do ?! I'm not dead! I was just sleeping!" Wide-eyed, Ryn tried getting away from them but found the bed was in her way as was the IV. "Get her away! Oh my god, get her away! I'm not dead! Please!" Frantic, Ryn looked from one to the other, not really sure if she was still dreaming or not. I don't see a body bag anywhere but I'm sure it can't be far away!
                            Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                            < Med bay >

‘What the he..’ Tim frowned and took an involuntary step back when Ryn woke up and started to thrash around in the bed in an attempt of getting away, but then it hit him.
                            ‘The other reality, Kinagi is a… Oh sh!t…’He took a few steps forward and took a firm hold of her arms and tried to make eye contact with the terrified woman, getting ready if she should get violent again, but he relied on that since he was a few pounds heavier then her, he thought he shouldn’t have any problems restraining her if it became necessary, and spoke in a calm, soothing, tone.

“Ryn? Look at me... It’s ok, she’s not who you think she is… Not here, not in this reality. She’s here to help you, nothing else, ok? It’s alright… Honestly, there's nothing to worry about… Okay?”

Last edited by Northern Girl; 18 September 2008, 10:58 PM.

Comment

((TY for the green. ))

Spoiler:

< Med bay >

‘What the he..’ Tim frowned and took an involuntary step back when Ryn woke up and started to thrash around in the bed in an attempt of getting away, but then it hit him.
                              ‘The other reality, Kinagi is a… Oh sh!t…’He took a few steps forward and took a firm hold of her arms and tried to make eye contact with the terrified woman, getting ready if she should get violent again, but he relied on that since he was a few pounds heavier then her, he thought he shouldn’t have any problems restraining her if it became necessary, and spoke in a calm, soothing, tone.

“Ryn? Look at me... It’s ok, she’s not who you think she is… Not here, not in this reality. She’s here to help you, nothing else, ok? It’s alright… Honestly, there's nothing to worry about… Okay?”

Taking a few deep, ragged breaths to try and ease the panic away, Ryn stared at Tim, trying to make sense of his words. The grip on her lower arms helped, too, and she was grateful he wasn't touching the wounds. Help. OK. Help. Not... God. I'm such an idiot... She briefly closed her eyes in disgust at herself and fell back down on the pillow.

"Okay... OK. Sorry. I'm an idiot sometimes..." She forced a rueful smile at the two, then focused upon the new person.

"Sorry, ummm. Doc? If you're not the uh, coroner, then who are you ?" It was a question Ryn was somehow not sure she wanted to know the answer of.

Comment

[Dr. Ezekiel- Recovery Room 2] (Before Nat woke up.)

Rachael nodded her head to Gus, “I know she is I can still feel her.” She looked at the door, “I think I will go and get some coffee.” She said than headed toward the door. As she walked out of the door she caught the Gus speaking to them about Nat giving up. She felt that she had. Yet she had also felt that apart of her was holding on.

She walked into the Staff Lounge and smelled the familiar scent of Hazelnut coffee. She poured her a large glass of it, and took a seat sipping it slowly. Reaching out her own mind to Nat as she clung onto the very threads of life trying her hardest not to break down, but that didn’t last long.

As the tears streamed down her face, a deep sense came over her. She could really feel Nat, only it was more from Nat than her own mind. She was awake; she had finally made the choice.

sigpic
                                Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X