Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<ISO 4>>

The water in the tub sloshed as the base alarm brought him awake. Greg was temporarily lucid, his fever down a little bit if anyone checked his temperature. He struggled up, careful of the IV tubing. "What. What's going on?"

He took a moment or two to digest the alarm. Then decided that somebody whose skin was a blotchy patchwork probably would be no help and an isolation ward probably counted as a safe zone. The nurse gave him a look. "We are staying right here. I'm sure they have enough problems without you starting a spotty fever epidemic on Alpha Site."

"No arguments, I be a good boy, promise." His skin still felt hot, but at least he thought the fever was down. And didn't remember anything for a while. "Was I delusional?"

"Let's see, you were convinced your son was being born, and that you were on the battlefield in Kosovo . . ."

He moaned and slid down in the water. His friends knew about his service history. He hadn't wanted them to know about the kid. Maybe they would think it was just delusions, and not from memories he'd rather forget. The nurse moved slightly, ready to pull him back up if he sank below the surface and went back to sleep. The delusions were gone, but Greg knew he was in no condition to do anything and be around anyone who could catch it from him.

Dr. Greg Shelder, SG-6 Engineer
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
      < Corridor outside of Iso 4 -> Nurses’ station >

Spoiler:
      Tim pressed his back towards the wall of the corridor as the two women almost ran them down in their pursuit of… some-thing…
      “Fur-balls running through the walls. That’s a new one!” He turned towards his CO as the Lock down alarm kicked in, “Sir, I better check in with the Nurses’ station to see what’s going on. You’ll find the recovery rooms down the hall, turn left and then right and then you have the rooms on your left.” Tim started to move towards the doors leading out to the waiting area, “You can’t miss them sir!” and then he was gone.

He walked over to his name sake and leaned over the counter, “So what’s up then?”
      The clerk pointed towards the sparkling light where one of the creatures sat and looked down at them, “Furby-on-testosterone-infestation? They’re popping up like everywhere!”
      The two women that had almost knocked him over earlier came around the corner, sweaty and panting and stopped next to counter as well.
      Tim reached out a hand to get a weapon as well and looked at the one who seemed to be in charge although it was an unfamiliar face to him, “Sergeant Foster, I’ll need one as well. Four is better than three… and I know this place like the back of my hand…”

(( OOC: With no mission in sight I might hop on the train as well… SR: Head off to the recovery rooms with Travis if you'd like, and I'll have Gus be there ))
      <Infirmary> to <Med bay>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden} {Airman Bonnie Heckman SF} NPC

Cate saw Tim by the counter she gave him a hastened apologetic smile and a "Sorry." Reaching over into her pack, she grabbed another TER and flicked it over to the Sergeant. "Hayden, Flight Lieutenant...." she moved forward a little more as Bonnie drew closer to a printer....zzzzzzzttttttttttt another thing went down. "We heard sreaming coming from Med bay Sergeant....oh this is Bonnie Heckman and Staff Sergeant..." Another slithered out from under Tim's desk, but disappeared as quickly. "...Shaun Patrick."

"Looks like we're scaring them now, that thing took one look and vamoosed." Bonnie said with a little disappointment.

"Not likely Bon, if they're intelligent as I suspect, they might be re-grouping. This way." Cate said as she headed toward more frightened voices coming from the Med bay area.
      Last edited by RogueRanger; 28 September 2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
        Spoiler:

Chaplain Josh McGregor ~ In search of HUGHES

McGregor raised an eyebrow, "Fair enough. That isn't always bad." Learning from one's mistakes was certainly a formula for success. Maybe he had overestimated the man before him's distress. Construing the response as a sign of hope.

Josh held his breath momentarily at Hughes request for time off. Under most circumstances he would be the first to support, even suggest that taking time off would be wise. However, in this circumstance, "Nye Robert me lad, now is not the time to run for cover. Nor the place for rest and relaxation. You need to get back on the saddle as soon as possible." He was back to leaning forward on his knees. Intensely addressing his charge of the moment. "You need to lead the team to recover the Major. You know she would do it for you." He hated to play that card but, this was going to be a tough nut to crack and he needed every bit of support he could muster.

"As I stated earlier, I will walk with you through any of this that I can. It would be my honor to be your friend." The words that fell from his lips were genuine. He felt a pang of selfishness as he stated them. He had lost so many on earth. The base had not afforded him an abundance of such opportunities. With his moving back and forth and as of late been on call to put out fire after fire. Almost as if on cue the alarms sounded. Fighting to keep his thoughts on tract. He could hear the shuffle of Corey's feet just beyond the curtains. Sure it was just a drill or a small malfunction. He trusted his assistant would keep him abreast.

Again he attempted to continue, "I would love to continue our talks while the knot on your head heals. Then I think it would be wise for you to support your team in retrieving the Major." There was the announcement over the speakers. TER's? The request had only been for SF's. Something minor he was sure. He found he now had one ear out for the return of his assistant? Then there was a small explosion which brought the Chaplain to his feet. Where was Sullivan? He remained calm as he watched for how Robert would respond. Only to find he couldn't because they had been plunged into darkness. Whose stupid idea was it to bury them in a hole in the ground. "I am sure everything is under control. Are you okay? Robert?"

As alway, impeccably on time there was a small sound of the curtain moving followed by the light of a small flashlight that was thrust into his hand. He didn't have to check, "Thanks be to you Corey. Everything okay out there?"

<<Med Bay>>

He'd been content to just sit this one out. The arms crossed, stare of death thing usually worked wonders, he found. It continued to sound like a good idea … up until the point Josh hit a little too close to home.

'You think it'd be wise for me to support my team in retrieving the major, do you?'

Yeah, as if that would actually happen. He recognized that he wouldn't be much use out there. Who was the chaplain trying to fool?

You know she would do the same for you.

He winced as if he'd been punched in the stomach. The way he felt now, he might as well have been. Of course Josh would play the guilt card. People lived just to make his life more miserable. That's all there was to it.

Robert's blue eyes traced an excruciatingly slow path to the floor. She would. He didn't have much faith in other people, but he knew she would. That's what made this so difficult. "I don't think that would be a good idea, chaplain." As if to emphasize his point, he shook his head. "I really don't." It was too much to hope that she'd be fine, only to find out she wasn't. Let someone else deal with that. "There are others better suited for this. They don't need me."

Though Josh claimed to be willing to help him through this. But that wasn't happening. You didn't just kick him when he was down and offer a hand of friendship, too. What sort of backwards logic was that? "Yeah, that ain't-"

When the lights flickered, he let out an inaudible curse. His hand was already going for the Jericho that wasn't there--a completely instinctive reaction. But if they wanted TERs, his sidearm would be about as effective as he'd been in the field.

Robert shifted uneasily. He already felt like a caged animal. Had he not been hopped up on painkillers, maybe he would have tried to play the action hero. But no, this wasn't a movie, and there was no grand redemption for his mistakes.

He sighed, a delayed response to Josh's concern. "Fine. Just fine." Poking his head outside the curtain, he tried to get a handle on the situation taking place beyond. "Unless I'm about to become dinner for some weird alien centipedes or something."

Comment

<Infirmary> to <Med bay>

{Staff Sergeant Shaun Patrick}

Staff Sergeant Patrick nodded to Technical Sergeant Foster as he approached the group, and reached for another TER in the Flight Lieutenant's bag. He quickly retrieved one and handed it to Foster.
          "So you've come to join the fun, eh?" Patrick smiled at his friend, and motioned for him to go infront. "I'll take rear-guard."

The Staff Sergeant followed the group, scanning the rooms and corridors behind them, looking for any sign of the critters.
          Valorin ~ Stephen
          http://valorin.net/

Comment

((
            Originally posted by NG
            “Furby-on-testosterone-infestation? They’re popping up like everywhere!”
            Good Call

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
            <Infirmary>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}{Airman Bonnie Heckman SF} NPC
            Finally as they neared the corner into OR, a rather largish furry thing slithered right out about a metre up the wall, in front of Cate. They stared at it as strange eyes blinked, both of them pausing in fascination. It didn't last long though as a yawning mouth showed rows of pointed teeth, it hissed and snarled, drawing it's head back like a cobra. A blast each, from both women dropped it like stone - making it disappear through the floor. with an audible thump.

Remember to check in with me before putting new, unsubscribed, creatures into play
            I edited your post slightly ^, please edit it ))

--------------------------------------

As the group walked through the infirmary, the small furry looking creatures kept appearing and disappearing - often next to electrical objects - causing some of them to spark, and the lights to flicker. Still, there was no apparent aggression, just a random coalition of identical looking creatures around power using objects.

Catherine's radio came to life.

*Radio*"Lieutenant - this is Sergeant Emmanuel in the security booth. I can see that you are leading a party in the infirmary. What can you tell us about these creatures? Our cameras are being interfered with!"*Radio*
            sigpic
            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<Med bay>

*Cate doesn't have a radio yet*

"Lieutenant - this is Sergeant Emmanuel in the security booth. I can see that you are leading a party in the infirmary. What can you tell us about these creatures? Our cameras are being interfered with!"
              Bonnie's radio squawked, making her miss a shot. She pulled off the coms link in disgust and handed it over to Cate, the belt unit as well. "It's for you Sergeant Emmanuel, he want's to know what we're dealing with."

By this time they reached the Med Bay, frightened faces looked warily at the growing team as they approached, this was turning into a circus. "One moment Sergeant." She said after fitting the comslink around her ear. "Tim, Shaun, we need to check elsewhere. You two start with level seven....and keep in contact."
              She held a hand up to two men near a bed, a Chaplain and a young officer. "If either of you can use one of these..." She reached over and unlimbered her backpack and emptied out the last two TER's. "...I'd be grateful."

Back on the radio she replied "Sergeant they appear to be dimensional shifters, and they are attracted to electrical energy, we can drop them with the TER's, but not always." She moved towards a bed monitor..nothing. "They look like, I don't know...purple and furry. And it's Flight Lieutenant, Sergeant." She added with a little heat, this was getting on her nerves.

Bonnie put her hand on Cate's shoulder. "He's a guy, what does he know." She said with a smile.

((OOC Dillon if you want us to chase creatures, at least give us a drawing or tell us completely what they look like))

Comment

<Corridor to ISO-4>
                {Markus Redd}

Markus could hear commotion in other parts of the Infirmary. But, he figured if they needed him, they would come and get him. Plus, he had been instructed to stay put. Markus leaned back in his chair, but he kept his eye out for the creatures.
                Aftermath RP
                Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

(Thought I would squeeze in a quick one before bed!)

*Radio*"Thank you, Flight Lieutenant - keep shootin' them down. We're looking into the electricity matter."*Radio*

(Oh, and see this post if you need help imagining what these things look like.)
                  sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<Med bay>

"Thank you, Flight Lieutenant - keep shootin' them down. We're looking into the electricity matter."

"Copy that Sergeant. I'm sending Sgt's Foster and Patrick up to level seven" She smiled at Bonnie, who in turn mouthed silently "What did he say?" Cate simply shrugged and replied "Men."

((OOC I'll pause here and wait for ALL the others to catch up))
                    Last edited by RogueRanger; 29 September 2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                      By this time they reached the Med Bay, frightened faces looked warily at the growing team as they approached, this was turning into a circus. "One moment Sergeant." She said after fitting the comslink around her ear. "Tim, Shaun, we need to check elsewhere. You two start with level seven....and keep in contact."

<Med Bay> - <Stairs>

{SSgt Shaun Patrick}{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

"Tim, Shaun, we need to check elsewhere. You two start with level seven....and keep in contact."

Staff Sergeant Patrick nodded to Technical Sergeant Foster and said "I'll take lead, follow me.", before heading back to the stairs. The two Sergeants covered the rooms carefully sweeping them with their TER's.

As they approached the stairwell, the light above the door flickered and Patrick pointed his TER at the light and fired at the furry creature next to it. He missed, much to his annoyance, and the creature quickly disappeared through the wall. "Ok, I think I need to spend more time on the target range!"

With renewed vigour Patrick scanned the room, looking for more creatures to shoot at, hoping to make himself look less useless.

The Sergeants reach the stairwell and slowly head up a level, watching out for more of the creatures.

<To Stairwell between Level 7 & 8>
                      Valorin ~ Stephen
                      http://valorin.net/

Comment

< Nurses’ station >

Tim nodded towards Patrick as he accepted the TER from the Hayden, “Thank you, ma’am,” and checked its settings.

"So you've come to join the fun, eh?"
                        “Yep,” Tim grinned at the other sergeant, “You science geeks need someone to watch your backs once you finally peek out from your hidings," before nodding a confirmation towards Hayden, "Quarters it is then.”
                        He started running towards the stairs and patted a few times on the radio attached to his belt, “I’ll keep channel 8 open!”

>> To Quarters, level 7, via Stairs...>>

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post

<<Med Bay>>

When the stranger left, Kari relaxed back on the bed, she'd get up and help except for- She gritted her teeth and gave David a smile that was meant to be reassuring. "Another day, another crisis. But we are going to get out there, find Major Stevens and that's final. I'm not sure you have the skills to help with a foothold quite yet, Doc."

CAPT Kari Crescent, SG-5 CO Acting
                          ((there's still curtains around Kari's bed - And I'm not entirely sure David would've heard/seen everyone in the med bay that's not a patient ))

"Yes, I'm sure you're right," David said, a little crestfallen. He did want to help, although was sure he would do more bad than good. With whatever was going on.

The lights flickered sometimes, and if he didn't know any better, he swore he saw a tiny purple furry thing jump across the ceiling and disappear faster than light into the concrete wall.

Someone in the med bay screamed of fright, so he figured it wasn't his imagination after all.

"Did you see that?" David asked Kari, sure she hadn't. "What's going on? I wish they'd tell us."

Last edited by Ryn; 30 September 2010, 12:45 PM. Reason: added OOC

Comment

<Med bay> <Beds>

After handing over the last of the TER's to the Chaplain and young officer, Cate and Bonnie moved on and came to the bed that she herself had occupied some hours earlier. The dog tags were still there, though it looked as though someone had been through, "Looking for a missing friend?" She thought silently. The curtain was drawn on the next bed and they heard talking there, the young woman opposite who had screamed, looked pale and frightened and Cate nudged Bonnie to go over and try to calm her. As her new friend did this, Cate opened the curtain slightly and peeked in. She heard the last words from a young woman there.

What's going on? I wish they'd tell us."

Cate put her finger to her lips for quiet. Something had changed, she could feel an energy surge in her viens, the naquada was reacting to something, at first she thought it was goosebumps, but now she knew what it was. The 'furballs', each time they would appear, she could feel it, her focus was on the bed monitor, softly she spoke to both of them.

"Hello, I'm Flight Lieutenant Cate Hayden. We seem to have believe it or not, some kind of inter-dimensional infestation. Don't speak and try to remain calm. I will remain here for a while. If I move suddenly, either duck or just get down below my line of fire...ok?" She smiled to give them a little re-assuance and then whispered into her coms.

"Foster, Patrick anything?"

Comment

<Corridor to ISO-4> <To Med bay>
                              {Markus Redd}

Markus Redd stood up."Ok, I am tried of waiting. I am going to find out what is going on."

Markus walks out of the corridor looking for the source of the noise. He finally arrived to the Med Bay and he saw a group of people. He silently walked up to them. When he was relitively close, he spoke to them. "What's going on exactly? It would be nice to know."
                              Aftermath RP
                              Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                              Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                              SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                              Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Hallways -- > Recovery Room 2

He as walking down the hallway when the speakers went off. Hearing the alarm, he swore and nearly ranted under his breath. Till further notice he was stuck in the base. Missions would have to wait till all clear was given. Grunting he walked along till he found the rooms and asked a nurse for Davis's location.Being pointed to it he headed towards it. Seeing the wires on her, he could feel the sadness within the air.

Standing next to her, he felt his own throat tighten up and heart being restricted with emotions he hadn't felt in a while, when it came to her. Just seeing her lay there, unmoving, broke him. She wasn't meant to be there as a prone figure, seemingly with a tragic ending. She maybe a SG royalty for some others. For him she was just Claire; the woman he had once loved.

Sighing he was about to sit down, when one of those fuzzy things popped in where he was with Davis. As anger and pain clashed with each other, he took a hard swing of his arm at the creature, sending it flying back and hitting the wall with a loud thud. Then flopping in the chair and rubbing his temple. Certain that the Colonel Sharp was going to have his head, served on silver platter.

Comment

Working...
                                X