Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
    'Oh no! It is me! If not why would he feel disappointed and relieved at the same time? Oh my! What do I do now? Am I ready to try this again? Would it be fair to him? Maybe I should just cut this from the root before he gets hurt! I so don't want that to happen!' She thought, her eyes betraying her confusion. Now she was the one who didn't know what to say or do. A situation Natasha wasn't very used to. Why was it easier to block thoughts than feelings? That was also something she couldn't answer yet.

"I don't know what to say... That's a new one for me. I always know what to say..." She said trying to find the right words which never came. "I'm sorry, but..." She wanted to say something, but nothing came to mind. Just total blank. She instead just adjusted her body to a new sitting position on the bed that wouldn't interfere with the ECG wiring and reached and held Liam's right hand between hers. "I know." She simply said as her hands held his stronger.

"They're really funny and sometimes insightful too. I guess that's why I liked X-men so much. I got really close of going a bit Dark Phoenix lately, but I guess I'm still good at the core." She said using another reference. "Actually, yes! I..." She admitted and then lost her words again.

"Look, I'm not trying to rush you into anything." he said, his brown eyes looking at her earnestly. "If you need time to sort this out, or if you're not even interested, just tell me. It won't offend me in the slightest bit." he said as he tightened his own grip on one of her hands.

He thought for a moment. "So...you have some abilities. How did you get them? Or if you're not ready to talk about it yet.."
    Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
    SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

"I know, I know." Natasha said in a reassuring tone, rubbing his hand with her top one. "I do care a lot about you." She said honestly. "And that's why this is such a difficult situation for me to handle. I guess you should know that my last boyfriend in College didn't end up getting what he expected or me. He's dead!" She said the last a bit coldly and bitterly, the old pain showed in her eyes. "I guess you could put a bit of Rogue in the mix too and no, I can't suck energy from people, but I can do something that can be just as harmful." She just didn't know what to say. The comic references were really helping in a strange way.

"Yes, the characters I mentioned before would give you a clue. It's very close, if not the same. I just don't have a cool cerebra to play with." She said finally letting it out again after telling the doctors.

"How did I get them? It's in the genes. You have the Ancient gene, I have the whole genome to go with it." She just said it. It was easier than it first seemed it would be. "Time travel." She said before he even thought about asking how she could be there being an Ancient.

"I'm sorry." She said again as she changed the position of her left hand to caress his right cheek for a moment. Her eyes went blank and down, focusing on a point in the ground between them as her hand returned to the previous position over his.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 12 October 2008, 07:15 PM.
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
        COLOR=Indigo]"I know, I know."[/COLOR] Natasha said in a reassuring tone, rubbing his hand with her top one. "I do care a lot about you." She said honestly. "And that's why this is such a difficult situation for me to handle. I guess you should know that my last boyfriend in College didn't end up getting what he expected or me. He's dead!" She said the last a bit coldly and bitterly, the old pain showed in her eyes. "I guess you could put a bit of Rogue in the mix too and no, I can't suck energy from people, but I can do something that can be just as harmful." She just didn't know what to say. The comic references were really helping in a strange way.

"Yes, the characters I mentioned before would give you a clue. It's very close, if not the same. I just don't have a cool cerebra to play with." She said finally letting it out again after telling the doctors.

"How did I get them? It's in the genes. You have the Ancient gene, I have the whole genome to go with it." She just said it. It was easier than it first seemed it would be. "Time travel." She said before he even thought about asking how she could be there being an Ancient.

"I'm sorry." She said again as she changed the position of her left hand to caress his right cheek for a moment. Her eyes went blank and down, focusing on a point in the ground between them.

Liam squeezed her hand as she told him about her last boyfriend. "Well, I don't scare away very easily." he said quietly, simply letting her know that he would continue to be there for her if she would let him.

"Wow...the whole genome huh? That would seem like it could be both a blessing as well as a curse." he mused, thinking that one could use such a gift to do great good, but it could also be a heavy burden for one person to bear.

"What are you sorry for?" he asked, his cheek still feeling the warmth of her hand.
        SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

"Yeah, maybe I do. I never went out on a date after that." She confessed feeling strangely good to be talking about it after all this time.

She just nodded her head yes without saying a word, agreeing with his words and thoughts. It was both a gift and a curse. Doubts filled her mind about what to do next. Maybe doing nothing was the best choice.

"For all this. For being... I can't." She said bringing her left hand to her face to wipe a tear that was forming.

Then she remembered something that Rachael had told her some time ago about how she should try again. After all College was some time ago in the past. She had a better control over her empathy now and after the inner joining during her coma. It was now or never. The chances were never so good in her favor. She had to try. She had to do it for both of them.

"I'm sorry." She said in advance in case anything bad happened. Her mind decided, she raised her head and placed her left hand over Liam's right shoulder pulling him in and kissing him gently. Her feelings and sensations were immediately transmitted to him and his to her through empathetic transference.

(( OOC - You decide what happens to Liam if anything, D4D. ))

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
            "Yeah, maybe I do. I never went out on a date after that." She confessed feeling strangely good to be talking about it after all this time.

She just nodded her head yes without saying a word, agreeing with his words and thoughts. It was both a gift and a curse. Doubts filled her mind about what to do next. Maybe doing nothing was the best choice.

"For all this. For being... I can't." She said bringing her left hand to her face to wipe a tear that was forming.

Then she remembered something that Rachael had told her some time ago about how she should try again. After all College was some time ago in the past. She had a better control over her empathy now and after the inner joining during her coma. It was now or never. The chances were never so good in her favor. She had to try. She had to do it for both of them.

"I'm sorry." She said in advance in case anything bad happened. Her mind decided, she raised her head and placed her left hand over Liam's right shoulder pulling him in and kissing him gently. Her feelings and sensations were immediately transmitted to him and his to her through empathetic transference.

Liam wanted to comfort her and the strength of this desire somewhat surprised him but nothing surprised him more than Natasha kissing him. He quickly got over it however and returned the kiss, wrapping an arm lightly around her waist. He didn't want the doctor to be after him later!

"Believe me, you'll NEVER have to apologize for that." he said, unable to keep a tiny grin off his face.
            SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Natasha kept calm even after her mind was filled with Liam's feelings and desire for her and she was able to brake the kiss before she did any harm to him. 'This could work after all... with kisses. What about more? Can I control myself then?' She thought as she took the time to enjoy the sensation that his wrapping arm gave around her waist. It was so long since the last time she tried something like this. She wanted to enjoy every second before something went wrong.

She smiled a broad smile when he spoke. "Maybe not now. You're a lucky boy, you know." She said teasing. "I still don't believe it! You're not even unconscious! It's a like a dream or something unreal." She said, her joy obvious in her words. She really didn't expect that nothing bad would happen. It was the fear talking and now she was beginning to loose it bit by bit.

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
                Natasha kept calm even after her mind was filled with Liam's feelings and desire for her and she was able to brake the kiss before she did any harm to him. 'This could work after all... with kisses. What about more? Can I control myself then?' She thought as she took the time to enjoy the sensation that his wrapping arm gave around her waist. It was so long since the last time she tried something like this. She wanted to enjoy every second before something went wrong.

She smiled a broad smile when he spoke. "Maybe not now. You're a lucky boy, you know." She said teasing. "I still don't believe it! You're not even unconscious! It's a like a dream or something unreal." She said, her joy obvious in her words. She really didn't expect that nothing bad would happen. It was the fear talking and now she was beginning to loose it bit by bit.

He kept his arm around her and gave her a cheeky wink. "Yes, I know I'm lucky. And I'm conscious, and quite content to sit here with you." he said before giving her a light kiss on the forehead.
                SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

"Though I never liked Infirmaries, I'm also contented to just be here right now. I guess it's the company. Sometimes it just makes everything better." She said as he kissed her forehead.

'Since he has the Ancient gene and it has been proved that it allows people to sense telepathy, maybe we'll be able to read each other eventually. Like daniel to O'Neill when Daniel ascended.'
                  She continued in thought not to scare him off with what could happen and what she, deep down, would want from a real relationship down the road. Total joining.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    [Recovery Room # 2]

"Though I never liked Infirmaries, I'm also contented to just be here right now. I guess it's the company. Sometimes it just makes everything better." She said as he kissed her forehead.

'Since he has the Ancient gene and it has been proved that it allows people to sense telepathy, maybe we'll be able to read each other eventually. Like daniel to O'Neill when Daniel ascended.'
                    She continued in thought not to scare him off with what could happen and what she, deep down, would want from a real relationship. Total joining.

Liam's brow furrowed slightly. There were times when he swore he could almost know exactly what she was thinking and this was one of those times. "Certain company can indeed make things seem a lot better." he nodded. Maybe since I have the Ancient gene, what happened to her boyfriend won't happen to me...I really hope not. I like her...a lot.
                    SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                      < Nurses’ station >

Carrie raised an eyebrow as Sujie ripped the phone out of her hand, ‘Shouldn’t really be surprised about that reaction… “Kid in a candy store?”’
                      She sighed and slowly shook her head as she listened to the vet talking to her assistant, catching a word here and there and begun to have a bad feeling about this; the innocent smile she got when Sujie was done only confirmed her suspicions.
                      She closed her eyes and exhaled loudly, almost groaning, as she leaned back in the chair.

“Please Sujie…” Carrie opened her eyes after a few seconds and gave the vet with a pleading look. “I know you have every right to do your research, but this is an infirmary… for bipedals meaning humans. Please don’t bring that… that carcass down here for an autopsy. Why don’t you leave it upstairs, in the hangar bay, bring up some equipment, set up some nice bright lamps... I bet the Chief will let you borrow some of his, and just stay up there?”
                      She shuddered as she thought of Sujie plus assistants drag the dead animal in to the infirmary in front of some innocently waiting patient, or horror above horrors, if she decided to put it inside the MRI… It wouldn't be the first time...

<<Suji Kinagi -- Vet -- Infirmary ~~ Nurses Station>>

Dr. Kinagi was only half focused on the doctor's remarks. "I guess the first objective will be to determine a repellent for the creature. I mean, certainly the General will not want to have to restrict staff to base for safety reasons. His healthy, buff type will have a coronary if they can't get out for their daily jaunts."

Returning her focus, she made direct eye contact with the doctor. "Anyways, as I was saying, I will check in on our patient. Then I will get these numbers to Arnie and I will get back with you in a little while." The whole time she was speaking she was gathering the patient's chart and the printouts off of the printer. "Later Carrie."

Not awaiting a response she was off muttering, "Surely Gus will understand, how could he not, do we really need his, well it is his ..."
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!
                      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
                        Liam's brow furrowed slightly. There were times when he swore he could almost know exactly what she was thinking and this was one of those times. "Certain company can indeed make things seem a lot better." he nodded. Maybe since I have the Ancient gene, what happened to her boyfriend won't happen to me...I really hope not. I like her...a lot.

"Sure." She said leaning her forehead against his for a second then pulling back. "I know what you're doing!" She declared categorically. "I'd advise against it. We don't want Dr Aaronson rushing in because that damn ECG machine began making noise all around the place. I just want this off me! I guess they'll take me out it if my heart behaves during the night. Patience is a viiiiirtue....." She said first in jest, then really annoyed by the fact she was still hooked up to the machine, then the last phrase as a tantrum.

Her grin soon became a full smile as his hopes became hers.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 13 October 2008, 06:36 AM.

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Liam laughed quietly as she spoke. "The Great Natasha is throwing a tantrum?!? Say it isn't so!" he teased. "Sorry...I guess you'll just have to behave yourself and as you pointed out, patience is a virtue...or so I'm led to believe." he winked.

"Already figured me out, huh? Rats!" he joked, snapping his fingers in mock regret.

"Speaking of the doc, he told me I should only be in here 10-15 minutes and something tells me I've probably been here over that, and I don't want to be banned from seeing you. I'd probably better skeedadle." he sighed before he leaned over and kissed her quickly. "I'll see you tomorrow...I promise."
                          SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

"I have the right to my moments of weakness too." She said teasing back. "Yep. I guess I'm left with no other choice, but to wait patiently." She said in a resigned tone.

"I have a way with people. Everyone, always an open book to me. I just have to decide to read it!" She joked, but there was a pitch of truth in her words. Her smile faded as he regretted remembering the time limits of their visit.

"That sounds like something he'd do. I'm just glad it was such a long visit. You know, in a normal situation a patient in my prior condition would only be able to get a much shorter visit." She admitted. "Long live my Wolverine side!" She joked.

"I'll wait though I'm pretty positive I'll be out of here by then. If so, Lounge 6 PM. Bring the guitar. I'll take mine. My adopted father always said that when you're happy you should share with those who aren't. We'll play a bit to whomever wants to go and hear. Start sending the word that another music evening is coming!" She said as he leaned and gave her a quick kiss to which she responded with another before placing a hand on his chest and pushing him away.

"You better go as you said. I'll try to get some rest to rebuild my strength even faster." She said as she rearranged her position to lay on the bed. She threw him a kiss as her head hit the pillow.

Comment

Liam smiled appreciatively before he picked up his guitar case and cast one look back at her. He pretended to catch the kiss she blew him and stuck it in his pocket. "Goodnight, Gorgeous." he said affectionately before he turned off the lights and left the room whistling "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" softly.

<<to Quarters>>
                              SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[ Recovery Room # 2 ]

Natasha smiled as Liam caught her kiss and placed it in his pocket. "Bona nox nocta, Carus." Natasha said in Ancient as Liam turned off the lights. Some of her greatest fears were going away and with them her resistance to accept her legacy.

'This will certainly be a good night.' She thought as her eyes closed. She just relaxed further until she was almost in a meditation state, but not sleeping since she wasn't tired yet.

(( OOC - I changed some of the Latin words a little on purpose. ))

Comment

Working...
                                X