Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Med Bay]

Kylie bit into the last scone on the plate as she listened to David. "That was considerate. More than what alot of people would have done." She told him regarding the Sgt. She could remember several trips to the emergency room as a child when she hadn't recieved any visitors during the entire stay, not even her case worker had come by until the worst was already over. She really hadn't expected any different from the base personnel, but then again, David was extremely well respected, and she guessed that if more of the linguistics department knew that he was in the infirmary, he would be having visitors pretty much non-stop. Unlike in her case, people actually liked David. But then again, Astra had come to see her. She could always count on the other woman to make her feel important. They had worked together quite a bit back on Earth. She smiled at the memory. And David had been a fairly good infirmary mate for the duration of her stay there. But they were both trying to heal, and that limited the amount of actual visiting they could do. But she knew that the second they were both released, they would be getting plenty of work done in the linguistic labs. That was the wonderful thing about both of them being workaholics, they could almost always count on the other to still be in the lab long after the other linguists had left for the evening. And when David wasn't there, Astra usually was. Maybe she did have a small circle of friends after all, she just tended to forget that the friendship went both ways. And sometimes, she realized, she would get much more out of the friendship than what she would put in. No one had ever really wanted to be her friend while growing up, expect for Daniel, he had always been there. And now that he was gone, it was hard for her to move on. But Astra and David could be there for her now, she just had to let them. And of course, there was always Devin, but she couldn't be with him all the time as much as she wanted to be. She was starting to realize that now. A few words started to come to her mind as she continued to ponder how this new relationship with Devin had helped her open up to others, not just to him. He was only the beginning of her new found confidence.

Kylie slowly came back to reality, not realizing how long she had allowed her mind to drift. What had David just said?? She racked her brain for the memory, and couldn't find it. Realizing that she had ate the last of her scone, she asked the first thing that she could think about not aware that she was echoing David's exact same question. "This scones are incredible, any more of them laying around?"
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

Julia giggled a little at the requests, coming only seconds apart.
      “Sure, I’ll see what I can do” She took the plate and went away towards the pantry, only to find it cramped with ¾ of the infirmary doctors.
      Julia cleared her throat and grinned at them “Excuse me, I need a refill…? For some patients…?”
      Carrie turned around and faced Julia. “Oh, yeah, sure. How many?”
      “Four for a delivery to the Med bay, and then I thought I might offer Devin a couple, so make it seven in total. And three plates please?” Julia pointed towards the cupboard behind Julianna. “The bottommost shelf behind you…?”

Some moments later Julia returned to the Med bay with the delivery and handed out the plates.
      “There you go, but we are running low on them…” She chuckled as she spoke “I found three hungry doctors out there…” leaving the rest for their imagination. “So, anything else before I move on?” Julia gave them an inquiring look.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

"Gotta watch that Gus," David shook his head, deadpanly joking. "Before you know it, he's indoctrinated every Infirmary minion and master around!" He then grinned, eyes twinkling, at Julia.

"Thank you, Julia. As always, your service is impeccable. Yum.". The last was remarked at the scone which was already finding its way to his mouth.

"Where you saying anything, Kylie?" He'd been vaguely aware that she had spoken. "I'm sorry if I didn't catch it, these things," he pointed at the scones, "Have a way of demanding attention. They're fairly evilminded that way."

Comment

((Remembered that Mary was still hanging around in the med bay too ))

[Med Bay-Mulitple POVs]

Kylie shook her head as she took a bite of the freash scones that Julia had brought to her. "Actually, I was just talking about how increable the scones are. I'd have to agree that they do monopolize one's thoughts like that." She gave David a half smile. Then looked up at Julia. "I'm all set. Besides Mary's still here if we need anything." She nodded toward the silent nurse who was sitting in the corner of the small space that held Kylie's bed and nightstand.

Hearing her name, Mary blushed slightly. "Yeah, Julia, go ahead, I have things under control here." She had tried to stay as out of the way as possible as the patients had bragged on her scones. She really hoped that Julia hadn't mentioned to David that she was the one who had baked them. It had become a hobby of hers recently, and didn't take that much effort. Just throw a few things in a bowl, stir, and bake. All the compliments from the doctors and the other nurses in the past had made her a little uncomfortable, and now that she was getting compliments from the patients as well, she had humbly retreated into the small corner, not wanting to draw any unneccesary attention to herself, but now that Kylie had pointed her out, she had to say something.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Waiting Room

Kim walked into the waiting room hoping that Claire and Sarah would be waiting. Knowing that they were only ones right who could help her. Just don't let them rib me, she prayed or her zatting list would long.

She walked over to the waiting room slowly, wondering what she was forgetting, when it hit her, Ah shoots, forgot to let Lance know that I picked up the passes, she kicked herself, in so to speak manner, but her forgetfulness she would fully blame it on Bellano.

Finding the waiting room deserted, Kim frown, "Where would they have gone?" she asked herself as she made her way to the nurses station, seeing Gloria, she tried to get the woman's attention.

"uhhh..." she trailed off not know what to say.

Comment

NPC – Gloria Fuentes, RN

Still a bit upset about Carries behaviour earlier on, ‘You don’t just do something like that… not even on an “old” friend…”, her tone when answering Kim was a bit more stern then her usually happy one.
              “Yes Major, what?”

Comment

Nurse's Station

Kim made a face saying 'yikes', she must have caught the nurse on a bad time, then smiled politely, "I, uh, was wondering if you know where Lieutenant Davis and Whitely went," she spoke evenly. "I wouldn't have a clue as to where they might be. Last I saw them was in the waiting room."

And heads were going be rolling once she found them.

Comment

NPC – Gloria Fuentes, RN

Gloria got up from her chair and after a swift glance at the clock, looked Kim straight in her eyes, irritation very obvious when she spoke.
                  “I let Lieutenant Davies out of here on one condition; that you would look after her, Major. So no, I don’t have a clue of where she might be either… Now you go and find her.” She pointed at the clock. “You have 15 minutes to bring her back…”

Comment

Nurse's Station

Kim looked at the nurse in surprise, she had fifteen minutes left, crap, crap, crap, she thought, as her mind raced to think where they could have gone.

Hanger Bay was out of question since she had just come from there or she would have seen them around. So she had quarters, mess hall and the lounge to check. Sighing she looked Gloria, "I will find her," she replied in a determined tone, and when she did heads were really going to be rolling.

Oh Davis was truly a troublesome SG-1 member. Ashwood wondered how Sharp was able to keep that girl from running a havoc on missions. She made a mental check to speak to Sharp regarding that.

Giving the other woman a nod, Kim decided to check mess hall first as she left the Infirmary. Since it was bit past lunch time, Ashwood noted that both just might have decided to take a trip there.

<<To Mess Hall>>

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                      ((Remembered that Mary was still hanging around in the med bay too ))

[Med Bay-Mulitple POVs]

Kylie shook her head as she took a bite of the freash scones that Julia had brought to her. "Actually, I was just talking about how increable the scones are. I'd have to agree that they do monopolize one's thoughts like that." She gave David a half smile. Then looked up at Julia. "I'm all set. Besides Mary's still here if we need anything." She nodded toward the silent nurse who was sitting in the corner of the small space that held Kylie's bed and nightstand.

Hearing her name, Mary blushed slightly. "Yeah, Julia, go ahead, I have things under control here." She had tried to stay as out of the way as possible as the patients had bragged on her scones. She really hoped that Julia hadn't mentioned to David that she was the one who had baked them. It had become a hobby of hers recently, and didn't take that much effort. Just throw a few things in a bowl, stir, and bake. All the compliments from the doctors and the other nurses in the past had made her a little uncomfortable, and now that she was getting compliments from the patients as well, she had humbly retreated into the small corner, not wanting to draw any unneccesary attention to herself, but now that Kylie had pointed her out, she had to say something.
                      ((OOC: JM, I knew Mary was there, just wanted to see if anyone would pick that up, can't play all the NPCs by my self ))

<Med bay>

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

“Ok, I’ll stop by later then.” Julia went over to Mary and whispered to her; “Told you, they’d like them” gave her a smile and a friendly pat on the shoulder, then left the med bay and headed for the head trauma room.

<Head trauma room>

She took a deep breath, knowing that Steven was probably still on duty in there, then knocked on the door, waited a second and entered.
                      ‘Yup, still in there, that guy just gives me the creeps…’
                      “Hello Devin. I’m Julia; I just thought I’d stop by and ask you if you’re up for some scones“
                      She offered him the plate “and maybe I can get you something to drink…?

Comment

[Head Trauma Room]

Devin sat up when Julia offered him a scone. Accepting them, he said, "Thanks, I could go for some milk too I guess."

Comment

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

“Sure, hang on a minute.”
                          Julia did yet another tour to the overcrowded pantry and was back into Devin’s room within minutes with the slightly blue-ish stuff they now called “milk”.
                          “There you go…” she put the glass down on the night stand next to the bed, "Anything else before I leave...?"

Comment

[NPC-Nurse Steven Bisenti-Head Trauma Ward]

Steven just managed to catch to catch Julia's eye as she retuned with the milk for Devin. He smiled slowly, and winked at her. One of these days, he was going to make her fall in fall in love with him. "You didn't bring me any scones." He pretended to have his feelings hurt, but decided not to push the issue. "And there is something that you could do for me." He winked at the nurse once more. Now that the regs had been relaxed, he could finally ask her out like he had wanted to for some time now.

((The muse made me do it. ))
                            Dear Journal

Comment

((muse gone... sorry ))

David just sat there, enjoying the scones. They were finished all too soon, so he started on the tea next. He pulled the laptop closer once again, and opened up some files on the Alarius, to re-read them. Finished with those soon as well, he pulled up a game of klondike solitaire, whilst thinking about what he'd read. There wasn't much to think about, however. The files he'd found, had been fairly empty. He suspected there was more, though, but knew the General might have shielded the info from 'public' view, for whatever reasons.

Comment

Nurse's Station

Claire got the infirmary in at least five minutes to spare before her hour was out, she made her way towards the Nurse's Station, seeing Gloria a bit cranky, Davis gave the other woman a warm smile, "Hey," she greeted the nurse, "I got reminded that my hour was nearly up and all that, so I came to ask if its okay if I stay out a wee bit more."

She looked hopeful but she wasn't counting on it, "I got 1400 meeting with Blue and got a bit of stuff to do, nothing too big, so I can come back in about 2/3 hours."

Please say yes
                                , she prayed silently. Now that she was reminded of the meeting, her nervousness had returned. No one in their right mind would ask to be transfered off the flagship team.

Comment

Working...
                                X