Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[McKinnon's quarters]

((OOC this had to be done, sorry ))

Lance looked up as Sharp arrived, and the obviously not coincidental arrival of an airman with food and drink. 'Some things never change,' Lance thought with a smile. He passed Sharp a copy of the printouts of the anecdotal narrative for the shield needs, knowing it'd jog his memory. "I'll let you read that first, then I'll have Bellano go over his tech concerns, and Valentine his testing ideas before I start my spiel, since you know I can be long winded." He shrugged as he grabbed a handful of popcorn. "Bellano had a good idea about pulling some of the civilian scientist in to get it working, as well as some suitable Beta or Gamma personnel, provided Hanes and Kelea can spare them. Dr. Ezekiel and Dr. Almodeus were two names he threw out as folks who might have a keen interest in developing the shields, and they've got the brains to really MacGyver something if needed."

He had just put a handful of popcorn in his mouth when he glanced out the door that Sharp had left open and saw Almodeus emerge from the stairs in a standard issue open-backed hospital gown. "Holy frak!" he exclaimed, spraying half-chewed popcorn all over Sharp. "Check your five 'o clock, Chris. Looks like Dr. Almodeus might have a pretty keen interest in developing shielding for the aft quadrant right about now." He pointed to make sure Ray and Vincent saw the scientist revealing a full moon as he fell out of his chair.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[Hallway/Devin's quarters]

<<From Infirmary>>

Devin was aware of the fact he was wearing a hospital gown, but as usual, couldn't quite bring himself to care. Slipping his key-card out he entered his quarters, closed the door behind him, and set his stuff on the bed. Removing the gown, Devin took a pair of underpants out and a black-leather set of Tok'ra gear. Slipping the large holster/shoulderbag around his shoulders, Devin headed out of his quarters and for the elevator. Punching a button, Devin headed to the Labs.

<<To Science Labs>>

((Don't really see how McKinnon would be seeing that, as Devin's heading right out of the elevator, out of view of his quarters, not left in view of them. *Shrug.*))

Comment

(( I guess I'll move this along since Hul hasn't posted and waiting for your post too Hul))

Ashwood's Quarters

'Kim, I'm really looking forward to a wonderful evening together with you tonight. I have a hard time finding the words to express just how happy I am, but I hope my smile and the gleam in my eyes will say what I lack the words to."
        After reading Lance's mail, Kim just started at the screen, for a moment had forgotten her team members, as the warmness of his eyes flashed before her. He was so going land her in a kind of trouble she wasn't going to think about right now and it had nothing to with their professional work, of that she was certain.

Not that it was going to interferer, at least, she hoped not. Moving her mouse pointer to the reply button, Kim stopped short of clicking it. Just what was she suppose to say to that, without putting her foot in her mouth.

Coming up with no answer to it, she clicked the back button and minimized the window leaving the desktop open. Turning to face Davis and Whitely she noted that both were studying the white V neck shirt like two hawks.

Rolling her eyes she touched her cheeks, finding them slightly warm, she gave a small laugh at herself. She still had no idea what was about him that made her all girlie and giggly, but she knew there was something and she was going find it. Sooner or later.

She blinked as the though struck her, what was she going to do when she found it? Ohh, hadn't thought it of it that far ahead, she mused as her cheeks went lightly rosed coloured.

Or handle the new found knowledge without going all awkward. Biting her lip nervously, she decided to put the though at the back her head for the time being and cross the bridge when she came to it.

Better be prepared for more surprises for tonight then
        , she told herself, but how? She couldn't ask Sharp without getting few grin of the man's face and wasn't sure of Hutchinson since she had never meet the man.

Sighing over her frustration at her slight dilemma, Kim turned to face her team members, "So," she got their attention, "Found anything?" she asked sweetly as she could.

Claire was jarred out her thoughts as Kim's voice floated in her head, clearing out the cobwebs. Seeing Kim, she blinked for a moment then remembered where she was and what she was doing, "Oh yea," Claire nodded, knowing that this once piece was of puzzle was done and dealt with.

But now she had to tackle the hard bit of it, what bottom piece she was get Kim to wear. Claire had found a skirt in lime green that seem perfect. But she had to bite her own words and not pull it out the wardrobe. She wasn't going to look forward to having Lance at her tail with a zat in his hands.

Then again she could always use Sharp as a shield, coward, eat your own words again, she scowled at herself.

Picking up the shirt, Davis plastered a grin, "This shirt," she made showgirl motion at the shirt in her hand, "and if we can find nice skirt to go with it, I have just the thing that would complete the look," she explained to Ashwood, "But its my room."

Kim laughed and nodded, "How about you and I go and get it?" she questioned as she saw Davis nod.

Turning to Whitely, "You be okay here for a bit?" Kim asked, seeing a second nod, she took Davis by the arm and lead the girl out her room.

As they climbed up the stairs , Kim leaned over and whispered in Claire's ears, "Got any pictures of Sharp from the last Halloween on earth, I can use as a wild card should Sharp ever tries to rib me again?"

Claire grinned and nodded as they went past McKinnons' room, with her not being aware that McKinnon's room was right down the hall from hers, as the words being to make some sense, looking at Kim horrified, "SHARP'S GOING TO KILL ME IF HE FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS!!!" She exclaimed loudly. He had practically order for those pictures to be destroy when he found out about them, but Val had ended up conceiving her to save them.

Kim looked at Claire innocently, "Who I said I'm going to tell him?" she made her voice low and soft, as they stopped at Claire's door.

Claire now looked mildly amused, "Who said you won't give them to McKinnon?"

"Who said I would?" Ashwood protested with a waved of her hand and looked Davis with stubbornness.

Sighing, Claire nodded, "Fine, but you didn't get them of me." Knowing that she was the only one alive out the Division that served under Sharp's Command back on earth during the SGC training year for recruits. Oh yes I'm so dead.

((Holy cr@p, this is a loooooog post. Sorry but it kinda kept on flowing out of me ))
        Last edited by SilverRider; 13 October 2007, 12:31 AM. Reason: Missed two words.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
          [Hallway/Devin's quarters]

((Don't really see how McKinnon would be seeing that, as Devin's heading right out of the elevator, out of view of his quarters, not left in view of them. *Shrug.*))

((pre-emptive strike, said you were coming out of the stairs on the way to your quarters ))

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
            "I'll let you read that first, then I'll have Bellano go over his tech concerns, and Valentine his testing ideas before I start my spiel, since you know I can be long winded." He shrugged as he grabbed a handful of popcorn. "Bellano had a good idea about pulling some of the civilian scientist in to get it working, as well as some suitable Beta or Gamma personnel, provided Hanes and Kelea can spare them. Dr. Ezekiel and Dr. Almodeus were two names he threw out as folks who might have a keen interest in developing the shields, and they've got the brains to really MacGyver something if needed."

He had just put a handful of popcorn in his mouth when he glanced out the door that Sharp had left open and saw Almodeus emerge from the stairs in a standard issue open-backed hospital gown. "Holy frak!" he exclaimed, spraying half-chewed popcorn all over Sharp. "Check your five 'o clock, Chris. Looks like Dr. Almodeus might have a pretty keen interest in developing shielding for the aft quadrant right about now." He pointed to make sure Ray and Vincent saw the scientist revealing a full moon as he fell out of his chair.
            -McKinnon's Quarters-

Ray spun to look where Dr. Almodeus was walking past, laughing with Lance, Vincent just frowned, not even cracking a smile, Ray was laughing too hard to make another joke, Vincent rolled his eyes, letting them laugh for a little while,

"You done insulting the very man we may need to help us with this?"
            Ray tried taking a few deep breaths, then caught eye contact with Lance again and started laughing again, Vincent sighed, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll take that as a 'no' then?" Ray managed to stop laughing again,

"Seriously Vince, you didn't find that even slightly humorous?" Vincent shook his head, shrugging slightly, "Lance I think we're gonna have to have a bet on to see who makes Vince laugh first."

Vincent frowned, sighing again,

"I hope you're not making a joke on my expense Bellano," Ray chucked, making an innocent face.

"Me? never." Vincent made a face,

"Right now you've stopped laughing, perhaps we can get back to what we're meant to be doing?"
            Ray shook his head, some people wouldn't change,

"Suppose, where were we?"
            "I once thought it better to be right
            But now I have finally seen the light
            Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
            I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
            Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

(Argh, GW shut down as I was writing my post Then I went to sleep )

Sharp took the papers and set them down, then looked out the door. "Oh god..." he said sitting back down. "He's supposed to be our head scientist isn't he?" He shook his head and hunched over, reading over what he could. He flipped through even more pages, not saying a word, absorbing the information. He was so entranced he didn't even notice his name being practically shouted outside. (that doesn't mean you guys cant).

Eventually he looked up. "Wow...this stuff is pretty amazing," he said as he just barely got what was happening. "One thing though," He held up a diagram of the ship. "Why not just have one central unit inside the fuselage? I suspect it would use the same amount of energy just to expand the field, and surely it would be more aerodynamically friendly to have it inside."

(Here's the page with all the shield info on it BTW: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=shield&page=6 Xym, I have NO idea how this thing works >.<, rofl.)
              Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 13 October 2007, 11:07 AM.
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<TSgt Tim Foster’s quarters>

Tim sat down on his bed, gazing around the small room.
                Books allover on the shelves; every time he had returned from a leave on Earth, there had been at least two or three books in his backpack. There was a little bit of everything, from classics like Twain and Doyle to Clancy, and a couple of A.C. Clarke (()), some of them more battered then others.
                The blow-ups on the walls, made by his dad in their basement dark-room, showing the nature around their house.
                He looked up at the ceiling above his bed and smiled; it was the picture of an eagle roaming the skies, they’ve caught it on picture on one of their hikes in the Rockies.

He looked at his watch, two hours since lunch ‘Right, no point in delaying this, time to hit the gym…’ Even though he loved the feeling of doing a good workout, not to mention the relaxed state of mind afterwards, it always took an effort to get changed, and to actually get his but down there. Tim took a deep breath and got up from his bed and over to his drawer. He quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and put on a pair of sneakers. Before getting out in the hallway and start the warming up by running the stairs a couple of times, he grabbed a towel and put his keycard in one of his pockets.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<From Infirmary>>

[Steven Bisenti-NPC-Stairwell]

Steven was still carefully calculating his revenge against Julia as he walked up the stairs to his quarters. He couldn't use the same strategy that he had with Mary when the girl had turned him down so long ago. Julia was different. She needed a bit of a different approach. He reached the top of the stairs, and started to open the door that led into the hallway. Changing his mind, he smiled to himself, and backed into the corner at the top of the stairs. There weren't any security camaras that had shots of that exact spot, and it was out of the view of anyone who would be walking up the stairs. And there were only a few base personnel that used the stairs. One of which was Julia. The poor girl was such a creature of habit. It wasn't the first time that he had stalked someone until he had their every movement comitted to memory. He knew that he might have a rather long wait depending on how quickly someone else was sent to relieve her from babysitting Devin. But that's ok, he had the patience for it, thoughts of sweet revenge would more than sustain him while he waited. He laughed once more to himself and settled in for the wait.

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                  NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

After a final gaze around the room, making sure everything was in order for the next in need, she headed to the nurse’s station to sign out for the day and headed to the stairs to get to her quarters two stairs up.
                  At last the moment he had been waiting for had become a reality. He growled low and long as he watched the slim figure making her way up the stairs.

"Hello, Julia." He smirked at the woman.

Before the other nurse had a chance to react, he grabbed both her wrists, and pushed Julia against the wall of the stairwell. "I don't think so. We haven't finished our conversation."

With those words, he punched her hard across the face. Spinning around, he threw Julia to the ground and kicked her once in the side for good measure. He laughed to himself as he watched her. The side of her face was already starting to swell, and large purple colored bruise was forming. "And this is just the beginning." He reminded her with a laugh and another smirk.

He turned to leave the stairwell. But turned around to face Julia once more before leaving her. "Oh, and Julia, remember if anyone asks, you just had a little accident in the stairwell."

And with that, Steven was gone.
                  Dear Journal
                  My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

<Stairwell>

NPC – Julia Hawkins, RN

The attack came out of nowhere, as a total surprise.

The pain shot as paralyzing lightning’s from the cheek and then she hit the floor. ‘Oh no, not this, not here…’ She felt a sharp pain in her side and then “his” voice in the middle of all the pain...

‘I can’t believe he did this…’ Julia heard him leave, but remained on the floor to catch her breath before moving, but finally decided to at least try to get in an upright position. Using her left hand she managed to heave herself up against the wall, her right arm held closely towards her hurting ribs.
                    “Ok, that hurts…” Julia closed her eyes for a while before making an attempt to get on her feet. Footsteps…Not again?'

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                      "Wow...this stuff is pretty amazing," he said as he just barely got what was happening. "One thing though," He held up a diagram of the ship. "Why not just have one central unit inside the fuselage? I suspect it would use the same amount of energy just to expand the field, and surely it would be more aerodynamically friendly to have it inside."

(Here's the page with all the shield info on it BTW: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=shield&page=6 Xym, I have NO idea how this thing works >.<, rofl.)
                      ((You and me both Sharp ))

-McKinnon's Quarters-

Vincent looked at Sharp, he'd thought of a similar question,

"Apparently it doesn't work like that, I think Watts gave an analogy about music notes, if you hold down one note you'll just get that sound, if you hold down complimentary notes it'll resonate with them, giving it a full sound. That's what makes the shield so powerful, and why we've failed so far on shield tech. all the ones so far were based on a single unit, and had to be supercharged to work. That opened the floodgate, and eventually we were forced to give up until technology allowed us to progress." Vincent looked thoughtful for a moment, "Second point, this thing leaches a load of heat, we'll need to work on a better cooling system for the cockpit if we're gonna keep cool. But obviously that can come with time, something to think of for the future. On the point of Aerodynamics, that's what the pods are for, they should make for interesting additions in their own right."

Ray nodded severely, his humor now gone,

"Yeah, there's a hell of a lot we can do with them. I was thinking it might be possible to extend the pattern over the whole F-302, see what effect it could have. It's a darn shame we don't have a wind tunnel here. I guess computer sims and real flights will have to do."

"I was thinking the same, who knows, though if the AUs don't have it, it's probably for a reason. Who knows though, they might be a clever bunch, but we have the same sort of intellect, you guys hear of a Watts at all? Bellano."

"Call me Ray, Vince. Anyways, Watts doesn't ring any bells, but I've worked with a good number in my life, I've probably met him in passing, I'll have a look through the records when I get a chance though."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

<Stairwell>

‘Ok last one’ Tim forced his burning legs to make it up the last stair case before turning around on the hangar bay level and started to head down in a slow jog towards the gym, clearing his head, just focusing on where to put the feet.

He almost tripped over the nurse sitting a few levels down and did some sidestepping not to bump into her.
                        “Sorry, ma’am…” Tim took another look, frowned and knelt down beside her
                        “Are you alright?”
                        She turned her face away, speaking in a low, strained voice. “No, not really…I think I could use some help…”
                        Tim touched her cheek and gently turned her face towards him, hissing as he saw the bruise that had started to take form “What ever happened to you?”
                        “I…I tripped on some dirt…”
                        “Yeah, sure you did!” Tim’s voice was full of suspicion. “Come on let’s get you down to the infirmary for a check up. Are you hurt anywhere else? Head, neck, back?”
                        She looked up at him “Think I have some fractured ribs…?”
                        Tim nodded “Ok, easy does it then…”
                        He slipped her left arm around his neck and with united effort, trying not to cause her more pain; he slowly got her up on her feet, and then headed for the elevator.

<to infirmary>

Comment

Sharp raised an eyebrow. "Heat? Heat is bad...that means it's wasting energy..." He looked at the schematics, then back up at the room. "Music notes? Never was my strong subject...but your saying more little ones are more effective than a larger one?"
                          Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 14 October 2007, 10:29 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Davis's Quarters

Claire swiped the card and unlocked her door gesturing Ashwood in, looked down the hallway just in case Sharp had been anywhere near the hearing range. Better to be safe then be sorry, she decided as she walked in.

Seeing Kim head over to the photos that were in her tallboy, Claire sighed and walked over her wardrobe. Opening the doors she took out a box, carved with Odie on it. Looking at it quietly, Claire knew this box held her memories, her secrets and everything in between. Now she was going to share one with her team member.

While waiting for Davis to hand over the photos, Kim scanned the ones on the lieutenant's tallboy. Seeing one of Paul, Ashwood gave small smile, the man looked just the one she had seen in the AU, exact replica but without the haunted shadows under his eyes instead he held the gleam that his twin lacked. Apple of Daddy's eyes, she mused with fondness, knowing that one time her father held her in the same regard. Remembering him, Kim gave another smile.

Claire unlocked the box without thinking further, talking out a yellow envelop edged with age, she walked over to Kim, noting that the major was looking at her father's photo, Davis felt the pang of pain run through her, the emptiness she had tried ignoring came back ten folds. Shallowing hard she composed her feeling and voice, "Here," she playfully whacked the envelop on Kim's arm. "He finds out, I'm dead. He has no clue I still got them."

Handing them over was a risk she was taking, but she had a bigger risk to take later on. One that would make this seem like a April Fool's joke.

Ashwood turned to Claire and saw the emotional fight on the face, "Miss him don't you?" she asked softly. Davis nodded but made no comment. Knowing how Claire was feeling Kim gave a soft nod, "Me too. I had a fight with mine, about two months before earth went up."

Claire turned to face Kim, "Did you ever made up with him before that?" she spoke quietly and gave Kim's hand a support squeeze when the blond haired Major shook her head, "Dad and I always disagreed," she chuckled softly, "but we never fought. I guess we both had agreed to disagree on many things."

Kim gave a small laugh, "Uh huh," as the tears shone, she blinked them back, "your lucky you know," she began and saw Davis frown in confusion, "to have Sharp around. At least you got someone to talk to. You know to reminisce.

Claire inhaled sharply at the weight of truth in Kim's words, but didn't want to touch that topic,"Yea," she nodded, knowing she had someone. But right now she wanted to be alone.

Comment

Black's Quarters

Zack paced around his room occasionally looking at the paperwork on his desk. "How am i meant to write about what happened in that alternate universe without revealing my feelings about Claire?" He sighed and stopped pacing, he stood still in a rigid position and looked at the pictures on his wall of him and Claire together in Foreston on their leave. The smiles on their faces, it made him realise that he could write this without revealing his feelings simply by doing his job. "He was a language expert, so write the damn report." Zack walked over to his desk and sat down at it, grabbing a pen he started to write his report on what happened on PX2-897. "This is sure to make an interesting read for the General."

3 Hours later

Zack leaned back and stretched his arms, he had finally finished writing his mission report. He had had to go over it several times and erase certain sentences and rewrite it up. He stood up and grabbed his laptop and opened it. He started to look at the symbols which were written in the chamber where the mirrors were found. "What do they mean? I haven't had the chance to look at them. But i suppose by now someone else has been working on them for a while now, never mind, i had better scan it in and send it to the general..i bet he's been dying to read my report." Zack started to laugh, "As if his report would mean anything. The general was only interested in the military aspect. He didn't have the president of the USA on his back pushing for the cultural and historical discoveries anymore." Zack clicked send on the email to General Blue to send his report. "Well that's gone now, what to do now? I suppose i had better go to the mess hall and get something to eat."

Zack walked out of his room and off to the mess hall.

(Off to the mess hall)

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                                Sharp raised an eyebrow. "Heat? Heat is bad...that means it's wasting energy..." He looked at the schematics, then back up at the room. "Music notes? Never was my strong subject...but your saying more little ones are more effective than a larger one?"
                                -McKinnon's Quarters-

Vincent shrugged again,

"I guess so, it's a design flaw, but if I'm honest a leeching heat is about the best trade off I've seen so far." he followed Sharp's eyes down to the schematics, then answered the next question, "I think so, which kinda makes sense to me, of course then we get the problem that if one section gets hit a certain number of times, 3 or 4 I think, then the whole thing fails. It can take a few more hits if they're in separate questions. And before you ask there's no way of isolating the nodes for the same reason we can have a single one. Well actually I reckon it should be possible with a bit of tinkering. I'm sure there's a few ways of improving it, but obviously we're working within the constraints of the F-302, so for the moment I'm tempted to stall the tinkering, and make it exactly as per the AU's have, or as close as our current situation will allow, see how that works, then worry about making it better."

Ray shifted position, grabbing some pop corn,

"I can see you're reasons for that Vince, but we also need to sell Blue this, I doubt he'd take it if he knew we were just going to have to upgrade it straight away. We've got to find a balance. For now I think we should ask a few non-pilots about what else it could be used for, and perhaps work out how it really works, the brain guys might make a startling development from this."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Working...
                                X