No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp stood there, taking in what the captain had to say. She was obviously uncomfortable talking about her condition, and Sharp could only imagine the effect of having to sit around the base all day with no hope of going on a mission. But what could he do for her?

"Well...you see captain, we're heading off to a briefing, and I have a feeling that SG-1 might be shipping out after what we discuss...so our meeting might not be for a while." He bit his lip, there had to be something he could do.

"You know what though? Go check with someone in the infirmary, and tell them you've got the permission from my end. See if you can get clearance for some simple flight maneuvers- I know Bellano needs help testing those Asgard upgrades on the 302's. It wouldn't be much, just simple stuff so Ray can get some readings, but I think it'd be more exciting then just sitting around."
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

'Asgard upgrades, eh?' She thought. It caught her interest and now there was hope, when there was none just before, that she would get to do something she had passion for. She was rather curious about all these upgrades, and in all honesty, she couldn't wait to see them on her own. Jennifer glanced at Sharp, nodding her head lightly.

"Thank you sir."

Red-headed Captain glanced at the Asgard once again. She knew much more about their technology than she knew about the Asgard themselves. In a way, that was funny. At least to Jennifer. She realized she was never too much 'social' person.

'Of course not, I had no time for that'. She let that thought slip in her mind. Giving a nod to Sharp once again.

"I won't keep you any longer, sir. I'll try to get the clearance in the infirmary as soon as possible, and if I get it, I will report to Sergeant Bellano."

With these words, she rendered a salute to Colonel, turning away and headed back to her table. Her mind was again drifting, she was becoming lost in the sudden explosion of her own thoughts. This was the first good news since she found out about her condition. Walking through the Mess Hall, she stood back by her table, noticing Gus, who was still sitting here. Jennifer returned to her usual straight face, before she sat down.

"See? It didn't take too long, sir." She said, grabbed the mug, peered into it and sipped. The coffee was not that warm as she would like, but at this moment, it didn't matter to her at all.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
      (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
      Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

”Take your time Captain.” Gus gave her an encouraging nod, put the tray out of the way and then placed his elbows on the table to let his chin rest on his hands.
        He looked up as Chris passed by, “Good morning Chris” and watched as Jennifer spoke to him.
        Even though they were out of ear shot, the slight changes in composure spoke tons if you knew what to look for.

“Soo?” was all he said when she came back, still letting his chin rest in his hands.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Jennifer played with the spoon in the coffee mug for a moment, returning her attention back at Gus. There was something in his voice, which revealed that Gus knew about sudden shift of mood of young Captain. Letting go of coffee spoon, she offered a hesitant smile to Gus.

"Well, Colonel Sharp said that Sergeant Bellano would use some help with testing new Asgard upgrades, which were assembled into F-302's."

Jennifer grabbed the spoon again, twiddling with it in the coffee mug, before taking another slow sip. The coffee was nearly cold, but she shrugged it off. Her mind was set on flying, something she missed. She rubbed her eyes, before she spoke again. She was somewhat tired, but she still sounded rather determined.

"It would involve some simple flight maneuvers."

Red-headed Captain peered into her mug and then back at Gus before continuing.

"However, Colonel Sharp asked me to get clearance from someone with medical authority first."

She took another sip of her cold coffee, to hide away her slight worries, which were displayed in her facial expression.
          Last edited by Teal'auc; 07 August 2009, 12:34 PM.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
          (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
          Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

Gus gave Jennifer an amused look, “Now somehow I don’t think that the equation of ‘testing upgrades’ and ‘simple flight maneuvers’ will add up. But sure, if Colonel Sharp says it’s ok, then let’s see what we can do about it…”
            He put everything back on his tray and got up from his chair, "Come on, let's get down to the Infirmary and get you checked out..."

Jennifer looked up from her cup with a hint of a grin, “Thank you sir,” and then got up as well, “But I if you don’t mind, I’d like to go to my quarters for some rest first, sir?”
            Her cheeks turned a bit red as she hated to admit her own weakness for the illness, “I didn’t get much sleep during the night…”

Gus caught her eyes, “It’s ok, you take things in your own pace. Go get some rest and come down when you feel up to it. Just tell the nurse by the nurses’ station what it’s about and we’ll take it from there.”

The Captain nodded and grabbed her tray, “Thank you. See you later then sir.”

“Until later Jennifer…” Gus watched her walk over to the rack to place her tray on the rack and then leave the Mess hall. Taking a deep breath, he grabbed his own; no, life definitely wasn’t fair, but if there was something he could do to make that young woman airborne again, even for a short period of her remaining life, he’d do it.
            He walked over to the rack himself and deposited his tray and then continued out of the room towards the infirmary.

>> Gus to Infirmary>>

>>Jennifer to Quarters>>
            ((OOC: Yes, NPCed with permission of course ))
            Last edited by Northern Girl; 12 August 2009, 10:45 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]"I won't keep you any longer, sir. I'll try to get the clearance in the infirmary as soon as possible, and if I get it, I will report to Sergeant Bellano."
              [/QUOTE
              Sharp returned the salute and nodded farewell to the captain.

"Shall we commander?"

[To Briefing Room]
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<Claire from Quarters>>

He was in a jolly good mood, Kim realized, after feeling a little baffled. Oh of course, Lance and her...duh. Smiling, “Morning sir,” she replied as she placed the tray on the table before an unexpected joke or question made her rattle her tray. She turned to face him to ask him something when someone took his attention. Oh well, at least he won’t be picking on Lance and me anytime soon. Pulling back the chair, she sat and forked up food as she watched Chris departed and few seconds later Davis arriving into the mess. Shaking her head Kim kept on eating.

Seeing no sign of Sharp, Claire sighed; seeing Kim she cringed. The last person she was to clash heads with was Kim, especially not after what happened with Travis last night. Making a bee line for coffee, Davis also grabbed toast as well. Walking back to Kim she took a seat across from the Major, “Sharp showing up anytime soon?” she asked as she bit into the toast.

Kim gazed at the lieutenant thoroughly for a second, “He just left.” She gave her former team mate a short answer.

Knowing this was awkward, Claire squired in her seat, “Oh good,I think, she mentally added.

As something struck her, “Why are you asking?” Ashwood knew Davis only hid from Sharp when she was either avoiding load of questions or did something the Colonel wouldn’t have been pleased with.

Keeping it casual, “No reason,” she replied as she paid attention to her coffee and allowing the silence to fall over them.

Comment

>> From the Locker room >>

From the looks of things, the worst morning rush was over as Carrie entered the Mess hall. A few people scattered here and there, and mostly quiet conversations going on around the tables, making the sound level almost bearable.
                  She grabbed a tray and walked over to the non-existing food line and soon had picked up one of the bigger ham sandwiches left, a glass of juice and another mug of coffee with crème and then walked up to the table where Claire and Kim was.
                  “Morning. Is it ok if I join you?” Carrie gave them a tentative smile, “or is it a private conversation going on?”

Comment

<<Zach Black and his growling tummy!>>

Entering the mess the aromas of the morning's fare made his stomach shake, rattle and roll. He grinned. Determined he was going to get through this unassisted he slid the tray onto the runners.

He nodded to the airman on the other side. "Lets load her up shall we?" Raising an eyebrow he grabbed a couple of biscuits and added them to the plate that was now draped in eggs, grits and bacon. "Not any chance there is still any grape jelly to be had?" His grin was returned as the man passed him a bowl. "Oooh! yeah, good man!"

Black added on another biscuit along with two glasses of milk. Reaching into the tray he snagged and then popped one more piece of bacon into his mouth. "My compliments to the chef eh!"

Turning around he took the tables a look over. He made a face as he spotted the table of three. "Okay big boy, lets get this over with." He walked down the row and passed the small huddled group. "Good morning Doctor, Major," His voice hesitated as he moved his eyes to hers, "Claire." Her voice hung in the air. Tripping quickly over the next bunch of words, "Hope you ladies are well this morning. Excuse me, didn't mean to interrupt."

With that he moved down a few rows and found an empty table. Fumbling slightly he got the tray to to table and quickly gulped down the first glass of milk before he dug in.

((from the showers!))
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Kim turned her head to look at Carrie as the woman arrived at the table, hearing the doctor’s request, the Air Force Major smiled and shook her head, “No, I don’t mind,” and gestured to the table, “Unless Lieutenant Davis has any objections,” then kicked the dazed looking woman from under the table for the second time in the past two days.

Realizing who had kicked, Davis glared at Ashwood, “What?” she asked a little sharply then intended, then saw Kim tip her head towards a person next to her, flowing her eyes to Carrie, “Come, join us.” Having another person here would beat silence the two were under any day. And please make sure we don’t end up killing each other. Facing Kim, “Don’t you another way of getting someone’s attention other than kicking them in the leg?

Pausing, her hand midway from the plate to her mouth Kim’s lips twitched, “No,” she replied plainly.

Grumbling Claire picked up her coffee and was in the process of drinking it when Zack’s arrival was caught from the corner of her eyes and caused her to stiffen up. Forcing herself to stay calm and steady she sipped the hot liquid, and faced Carrie, “They let you out of the infirmary, eh?

After Carrie’s reply she turned just in time to see making his approach and swore under her breath. Keeping a point blank face when he greeted them all, she sensed his hesitation before calling her by her name, smiling, “Zack,” she acknowledged his presence.

Kim raised her eyebrow at the awkwardness oozing from the two. Not really understanding what the frak went on between to the two. They couldn’t really have had a fight already. She moved her mouth to invite him to stay, but he was already marching away. When bafflement hit her, she scowled at Davis, “What on earth did you do?

Why, Claire thought it was always her to have the finger point at. Why did her former team jump to conclusions that anything that went wrong was her fault? Making a face at Kim she grunted, praying that Carrie would really bail her out.

((Somebody better shut Kim and Claire up or else there be catfight ))

Comment

Carrie sat down and gave the two women a curious look, ‘Kind of tense…’ before taking a big bite of the sandwich, savoring it.
                        She hadn’t really noticed how starving she was until now, realizing that she’d somehow missed her snack before she’d crashed in bed…

They let you out of the infirmary, eh?
                        Taking a sip of the juice, Carrie looked at Claire over the rim of the glass, “Yeah, unbelievable uh? But I guess everybody gets out of there... eventually.”
                        The latter of the sentence was added with a grin.

She looked at Zach’s retreating back with raised eye brows, then looked back at Claire, agreeing with Kim “Exactly, care to share?”

((OOC: Sorry for short post. Last few days has been a struggle, work-wise.))

Comment

She gave a short laugh as Carrie grinned, “I ain’t going back there anytime soon,” then winced as Carrie agreed with Major Ashwood. Oh that stinks, if her boyfriend wasn’t McKinnon I would really strangle her, she thought as she looked at Kim evenly. “No not really. It’s too complicated.” If he was over his jealousy, she was sure he would have sat with them.

Kim looked at Davis darkly, “If you have done anything stupid, I’ll personally send to back to the infirmary. Plus just make sure you plastered from head to toe.” Shrugging she picked up her coffee.

Making a face, “Why do you always think I’m the root of the problem?”

Looking at her former team member deadpanned, “Trouble always starts with you.” Kim responded waving her fork towards Claire.

Claire gave out a theatrical sigh, “To think her boyfriend would have mellowed her out,” batting her green eyes at Kim, “I guess I was wrong. McKinnon is going to have a hard time chiselling that entire wall away.”

Comment

Carrie looked between Kim and Claire as the banter went on, slowly shaking her head, “Would you two just cut it out?”
                            She sighed, “Claire, if you and Zach had an argument, I suggest you go over there and talk to him. Try and clear out what ever disagreements the two of you had…”

A scraping noise and Julia pulled out a chair and slumped down next to Carrie,
                            “Morning…” and gulped down half a cup of coffee before looking at the others around the table, “What?”
                            Carrie raised a brow, grinning internally when quoting Gus from earlier on, “Bad night?”

Julia put down her mug, “Yeah, fractured ribs occasionally do that to you.”
                            “Sorry” Carrie looked down at her sandwich and winced, ‘Stupid question doctor! Think before speaking, remember?’ then took a bite of it and tried not to be too taken aback with Julia’s morning temper. She was tired and cranky due to her ribs, no big deal, she'd probably be in a better mood later on after she'd had her coffee... and maybe a few Tylenol...
                            “So who’s been having an argument then?” Julia looked at the others, not that she was the gossip type, but the solitude of her quarters was really starting to get on her nerves.

Comment

<<Zach Black and his burning back!>>

Feeling the heat of searing stares stabbing in his back he began to question his wisdom of seat choice. He had inhaled most of the contents of the plate before him. Noticing enough grape jelly for at least one more biscuit he brought himself to his feet and made his way back to the counter. It was of course the long way around.

He made it back to his place, fresh biscuits and a restock of bacon in tow. Zach found a seat at the opposite side of the table. If he was going to be stared down it may as well be face to face. Slathering some jelly on one of the biscuits, adding a couple of strips of bacon, the bite that followed was shared with a massive grin. Looking up he found her eyes and gave a small wink.

Black knew he needed to keep a distance until he figured out how to bridge this gap that had been created between the two of them. It was gaping, how had it ever become like this. Slowly letting what remained of the biscuit settle back down on the plate. His hunger was abated. Overwhelmed by her sheer presence he adjusted the sling slightly and continued to watch her every move as she interacted with the huddle of hens gathered about her.

Last edited by aintright; 05 September 2009, 12:42 PM.
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

[<<Zach Black moving to mission prep!>>

Feeling a bit on the invisible side Black had deducted it was obvious Claire had no intention of responding. There had been no reaction to the grin or the wink or any of his usual pranks that always succeeded in breaking down her wall. The message was loud and clear. She wasn't in any mood to forgive him for the fight the night before. It was obvious he had been correct in his assumption, this mystery Captain who had just arrived on the scene was the object of her heart's pitter patter. He had been quite a fool to think they were more than friends. Maybe even a fool to make that assumption. Merely members of the same team. Since that was now a condition of the past, well, he was not even on the grid.

Cleaning up his tray to head out he was approached by the airman that had delivered his meal the night before. "Good morning Dr. Black. I hope you are feeling better today. You know we would have been happy to make another delivery."

Zach snapped out of his self indulgence. "Ah, good morning to you. No, no that wasn't necessary. I made it here just fine." Okay so there was a little assistance from a blond angel. Forcing a grin he popped the last bit of biscuit into his mouth and wiped his face with the napkin. "Now I am done."

"Let me get that tray for you sir. Anything else I can get for you. A refill of your water bottle for the road?" She awaited his response with a warm and welcoming smile.

Hesitating for a moment he relented and slid the tray over to her. "Thanks airman, I appreciate your assistance." He also handed over his water bottle, "I need to touch base with the doctor. I'll pick it up on the way out, thanks." His grin turned to one which was a little more genuine.

Heading over to Carrie he made a deliberate effort not to make eye contact with Claire. It wasn't an easy thing for him, she had always been a magnet for his eyes from the first time they strayed her way. Stopping before Carrie he butted into the conversation, "So doc, is there some kind of follow up I need to get out of this thing, some sort of PT or something?" Wanting to escape quickly he continued on, "I was thinking, with your permission of course, I would head down to the infirmary to read to Miss Simmons. Whenever you have time for me you can locate me there."

He paused for a mere moment still diverting his gaze from Davis. Taking a deep breath he turned to Kim, "There, you know where to find too. If Sharp has anything up his sleeve for our team. I can't see him sitting about too long before the next SG1 mission." His voice was rather monotone, it didn't have his usual gibe to it.

Not awaiting an opportunity for any further discourse and forgetting he was awaiting Carrie's permission as far as Brih, he made his departure, wandering away in his angst, heading over to retrieve his water bottle.

Last edited by aintright; 05 September 2009, 02:01 PM.
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X