Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hmmm, not the curious type, ok, I can live with that, Ryn thought, watching the lieutenant. He did seem tired. And the injuries probably weren't fun, especially if they had slower healing here. Her own shoulders ached in sympathy, the dull throb that was always there was now a bit tougher to bear.

"Okay. Well. You can join me if you want, lieutenant. If you're bored enough to watch me be clumsy with the wrong size of bullets, that is..." She stood up, leaving the question hanging.
    Hughes raised an eyebrow, interested. Clumsy with ammunition, was she? "Sounds pretty bad; in fact, it sounds like you need me." He winked. "I know a little something about weapons, after all." His injuries--which he had a high pain tolerance for--couldn't keep him from providing input.

He stood in turn. "After you."

Comment

"Cool," Ryn grinned back, and darted off with her dishes, after depositing the tray at the racks, she hurried off.

<<To Armory>>

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
        Spoiler:
        Sharp was deeply concentrated in moving his hash-browns away from the syrup, while making sure not to dip them too much into the ketchup. He didn't even notice the General had entered the mess hall until Nick was at his side.

"General!" He stood up quickly and at attention.

Nick was the one and only person on this base he had to stand at attention for, and Chris would be damned if he didn't at least make the effort.

He looked as Blue's breakfast and a grin came upon his face. It wasn't very often that Chris didn't have the largest tray of food. 'Well, I'm sure Janus can jumpstart his metabolism.'

"Indeed. There is nothing more I require. Your staff has done an excellent job."

{Blue} {Janus}

"Colonel," Blue acknowledged the other man's courteous gesture with a grave nod, "Please. Sit and finish your meal."
        He sat and began digging into his meal. After a few bites, he explained to his tablemates, "I never did get dinner last night. Too busy reading the technical specs."
        NIck rolled his eyes toward Thor, "You didn't lose me entirely until the last two pages. Can you clarify a couple of points?"
        The discussion veered off into the esoteric language of science and engineering as Thor attempted to make his conclusions understandable to the humans.
        Are you getting all this, Nick asked Janus.
        ~Am I understanding all this, you mean? Ummmmm, no. I am remembering it all so we can talk about it later.~
        Close enough, the man agreed, I'm going to have to look up references anyway.
        Nick was surprised to find his plates empty except for a few muffin crumbs and one lone cranberry. Popping it into his mouth, the man glanced at his watch. "I've got one thing to do this morning before the briefing. Why don't you all go up and make yourselves comfortable in the briefing room?"

(( The 'one thing' I need to do is get Callista on the same day. Will do that sometime today. ))
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Teal'auc View Post
          Spoiler:
          Gus blew out a frustrated sigh, rubbed his face and then finished by pulling his hands through his greying hair before looking back at Jennifer.
          “Jennifer, now you tell me; what’s it going to be? Do you want to have something to do or what? You just told me that you feel healthy enough to do something, not wanting to sit around and be a liability. Your own words, not mine, and now you tell me you cannot accomplish anything? Make up your mind!”

Jennifer frowned. It seemed that she managed to frustrate the doctor. She had so mixed feelings and was unable to come up with a single word for a moment. As much as she wanted to accomplish something, what were her real chances someone would be willing to take the chance with her? Not to mention the fact, that the last thing Jennifer wanted was to put other people at risk...

'Major himself pointed out that the illness may turn bad anytime, and that is when I would've become a liability, especially if off-world.'

Jennifer rubbed her face, pondering about doctor's words. Still being unable to say a thing. She felt so embarassed and confused with herself. Maybe it was the fact she didn't sleep well since the bad news? Or was it her own self-doubt?

'What worth am I now?' She thought, lowering her head, and stared on the table, at the pile of empty platters in front of her.

'I can't give up like that' She finalized with her own mind, after a while.

"You are right, sir. I better try and to set a meeting with Colonel Sharp. Maybe there is something I can do, without putting others at risk."

Jennifer gave him a bit of apologetic tone, feeling bad about making him upset, but her face remained straight, with rather indifferent expression, not even noticing young lingvist pasing a greeting to her and Gus before he made his way out of Mess Hall.

((OOC: Finally got a few minutes to spare.))

He walked past the CMO's table up in the corner (it was close by the dishes racks) and flashed the medicine man and his female companion a happy grin, totally oblivious to Gus's obvious frustrations.

"G'mornin', Doctor. Captain." David then left the mess, and headed back to his lab, there was some researching to be done, and he couldn't wait to get to it.

Gus Lifted his gaze, "Good morning David. Good to see you up and running" before he looked back, intensely at Jennifer, but chose not to say anything until she spoke herself and let her make up her mid in her own pace. Letting her think about what he’d just said.

“Good! You do that.” Gus relaxed and offered her a grin, “I’m sure he’s got some kind of job for you where you won’t put anyone, least of all you, at risk. It’s a big base we have here, lots of flying machines that might need tinkering with…”
          His grin broadened as he added, “On the ground that is!” and got up from his chair, “I need a refill, can I get you anything? More dessert or maybe coffee?”
          Superior officer or not, he was a man, she was a woman… Both off duty…

((...aaaand back to laundry duty ))
          Last edited by Northern Girl; 04 August 2009, 04:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to include David...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Jennifer's eyes lost focus again for a moment. She was going through her possibilities once more. Trying to chew them with herself. She realized how tired she was. Returning to the present, she glanced around, noticing few more people who were about to leave the Mess hall. In a way, she was glad. That place was busy since the early morning, so if it'd become more silent, Jennifer would welcome that.

She peered into her empty mug and then back at Gus.

"I'd not mind more coffee, sir." She said, giving him a light nod of her head.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
            (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
            Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

Spoiler:
              "Cool," Ryn grinned back, and darted off with her dishes, after depositing the tray at the racks, she hurried off.

<<To Armory>>
              Hughes followed suit, depositing his own tray at the racks shortly after Ryn did, eventually losing sight of the marine. Not a problem, though, considering he could find his way to the armory with a blindfold on; it came with the territory.

<<To Armory>>

Comment

Nick was surprised to find his plates empty except for a few muffin crumbs and one lone cranberry. Popping it into his mouth, the man glanced at his watch. "I've got one thing to do this morning before the briefing. Why don't you all go up and make yourselves comfortable in the briefing room?"
                Sharp nodded. "You got it."

He was happy to sit by and watch the two back and forth. 'At least I'm not the only one having trouble understanding everything...and he's got Janus to help him!'

He stood up and grabbed his tray. "Shall we, commander?"

As Chris turned toward the 'tray line' he spotted Kim passing him, just having grabbed some food herself. "Morning, Ashwood." He said, smiling as he continued his way over to the tray return.
                Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 05 August 2009, 11:30 AM.
                sigpic
                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by Teal'auc View Post
                  Jennifer's eyes lost focus again for a moment. She was going through her possibilities once more. Trying to chew them with herself. She realized how tired she was. Returning to the present, she glanced around, noticing few more people who were about to leave the Mess hall. In a way, she was glad. That place was busy since the early morning, so if it'd become more silent, Jennifer would welcome that.

She peered into her empty mug and then back at Gus.

"I'd not mind more coffee, sir." She said, giving him a light nod of her head.

“Alright, one coffee coming right up.” Gus gave her a nod of confirmation and then walked over to the rack to pick up two cups and then continued over to the table were the beverage of the day was offered.
                  While he poured his coffee, he shot a few glances around the hall, realizing that the masses had thinned.
                  Gus frowned and looked at his watch, “Time certainly flies…” and then grabbed his pager to check if it really was set on “ON” since he hadn’t heard a single squeak out of it since late last night. Shaking his head he muttered, “Either someone's have bribed you to be quiet or Carrie is literally walking on her knees down there, playing stoic heroine hours before she goes off world. It’s never this quiet…”

With a sigh he tucked it back in the rim of his pocket and poured another cup of coffee to his company, realizing that he had no clue at all whether to add milk and or sugar.
                  Gus shrugged, grabbed a tray and placed the two mugs, spoons, a small bowl of sugar and a glass of milk on it and then walked back to their table, saying a “Good morning” as he passed Chris and Nick’s table.

He placed the tray in the middle of the table and sat down, “I just realized I didn’t know if you wanted milk or sugar, so…” Gus put one of the mugs in front of Jennifer with a slightly embarrassed smile, “…help your self.”

Comment

Jennifer watched Gus to go and grab more drinks for both of them, but then she glanced around the Mess Hall again. The place was getting slightly more quiet, that was for sure. Leaning back in her chair, she rubbed her face. Her fingers drummed the table, as her focus kept shifting around. She had her typical, indifferent expression on her face, one would say emotionless even.

'I have to catch Colonel Sharp soon' She thought, tilting her head slightly, to be able to see where Colonel Sharp was sitting in company of General Blue.

'Maybe I should try to approach him before he leaves.'

Jennifer raised her head just in time, when Gus brought two mugs and set them on the table.

"Actually, I'll take both." She said, pouring some milk into her coffee slowly. Ocassionaly, she would raise her head again, to glance at Gus. Once satisfied, she set the milk back on the tray, taking some sugar and throwing it into mix. She put a good amount of sugar into the mug, grinning lightly.

"Thank you, sir." She said, taking short sip of her coffee. She played with the spoon in the coffee for a moment, trying to summarize her thoughts again. To neutral observer, she'd indeed look slightly off and unfocused, next to obvious tiredness.

"Have you ever had an opportunity to fly in some kind of craft?" Jennifer shrugged.

"Of course you have not, you are mainly a doctor..." She nearly mumbled again.

"I really loved flying F-302's, sir. And you know what? I always thought that people who didn't want to fly are nuts." She said, with a hint of jest in her tone.
                    Last edited by Teal'auc; 07 August 2009, 12:36 PM.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali

Comment

Gus added a hint of milk in his coffee, anything to make things easier on his stomach and raised a brow, “You do uh? Thinking we’re nuts? Thank you for that piece of information Captain,” though adding that last part with a grin twitching in the corners of his mouth to take the edge off the otherwise harsh choice of wordings.

He took a sip and then grabbed the last of the two bread rolls, “Well, I’m afraid that almost half the base here agrees with you. I however, happen to disagree with you…” took a bit and chewed for a little while before continuing, “Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind flying if it means getting me from A to B, but getting in to a 302? No, not going to happen. In my opinion it’s called self-preservation to stay out of them.”

After taking another sip of coffee he added with small chuckle, “Next time you’re down in the infirmary, if you meet Dr Carrie Svensson, ask her of her opinion of an X-302 and I think you might have an interesting conversation with her…”

Comment

Jennifer raised an eyebrow, offering slightly amused face at statement of Gus. She did expect that kind of reaction from him, seeing he was a doctor, not a pilot used to combat situations. Grabbing the mug with hot coffee again, she sipped a bit of the coffee.

"It is common mistake to believe that F-302's are very dangerous. They are fast, capable of hypersonic speed of Mach Six, inside Earth atmosphere. Now, I believe that is why a lot of people think that they are dangerous. When something is fast, put your hands away from it - that's what some people really believe."

Jennifer peered into the mug again.

"F-302 has the techology of inertial dampeners, so you'd not even feel all these G's. In fact, you could easily compare F-302's to F/A-22 Raptors, when it comes to maneuveribility *and* to a ride in Boeing 747."

Young Captain smiled, as she recalled her time spent in these vessels, and also time, when she cooperated on their engineering. She was one of the first test pilots, along several other colleagues.

'Good times..' She thought.

"And, if anything goes wrong after all, F-302's are equipped with various safety mechanisms as well. That includes ejection system and an autopilot, to ensure the safety."

Sipping from the mug again, she offered that hint of smile again to the doctor sitting across her. She was nearly sure he'd know very little about the F-302's, as most of the personnel, who were not familiar with it's construction and accustomed to piloting those. She allowed herself to drift into past, to recall how awesome these machines were. First air craft capable of space travel.

'Something I helped to build.' she thought, with sudden, soft sigh.

"So, as you see, they are piece of cake, sir. I will really miss piloting one of those."
                        Last edited by Teal'auc; 07 August 2009, 12:37 PM.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali

Comment

Gus didn’t have the heart to tell Jennifer that in fact he didn’t care at all about the 302’s as long as they didn’t crash and brought more work for his staff to do, so he ate his remaining bread roll and sipped on is coffee as she spoke.
                          One thing was obvious though as she spoke, flying was like for the most of the pilots he’d encounter in his Air Force career, a real passion for her.

He looked at her over the rim of his cup with an amused smile as she stopped talking, then slowly putting it down “Yes, and I can understand why. I just don’t share your passion for it, that’s all. I guess it would be the same for me with the knowledge I have in medicine, yet for some reason I was refused to practice it. An odd comparison, but still the same.”

Gus made a motion with his chin towards Chris, “Looks like he’s leaving with his little grey friend. Why don’t you try and catch him now, ask him for a meeting to try and make some plans for you?” and then added with a shrug, “It’s always okay to ask you know…”

Comment

Jennifer continued sipping the coffee. She glanced in the direction of Colonel Sharp. He was rather tall, obviously physically fit as well. Realizing she knew only very little about him, she peered back into her mug. She knew Gus was right - she had to ask him, as possible meeting up could give her at least something to do. Jennifer sat the mug of coffee on the table, turning her head in direction of Colonel again.

'Better sooner than later' She thought.

Jennifer glanced back at Gus.

"You are right, sir. I better ask him for a meeting now. That way, I might get at least something to do in near future."

Young Captain stood up from the chair, nodding to Gus.

"I guess this won't take long, sir."

With that, Jennifer slowly made her way in the direction of Colonel Sharp, looking around ocassionally.

'Let's hope I won't catch him in bad mood', she thought, as she stopped by Colonel Sharp.

"Excuse me, sir - May I have two minutes of your time?

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali

Comment

"Morning Gus." Sharp nodded to the doc as he made his way to return his tray. Placing the silverware in a separate container, he allowed the tray to be taken and turned to head out.

"Excuse me, sir - May I have two minutes of your time?
                              Sharp turned to where the voice was coming from.

"Ah, commander, if you don't mind-"

"I am no no hurry."

"Great. What's up, captain?"

(Finally...I kept getting booted off )
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Jennifer glanced at Colonel Sharp briefly and then at his companion. She knew a bit about Asgards, but this was the first time she saw one up so close. He was small in comparison to Sharp, in fact, it was quite contrasting sight. Jennifer herself wasn't too tall, in fact, she would be considered as rather small. But, that never stopped her from being good at what she was doing.

"I won't keep you long, sir - it's just I wanted to set up a meeting with you, so we could discuss my future here."

Glancing back at the Asgard, and then back at Sharp, she continued.

"As you may know, sir, my medical condition puts me off for any field work, but I don't want to just sit around and wait for my last days."

She blinked few times. She hated the fact that she even mentioned that, but there was no other way for her.

"I would be very grateful, if you could meet me later, so we could discuss that, sir." She said, shifting focus between Sharp and the Asgard momentarily.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali

Comment

Working...
                                X