Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Linguist Lab>

John had lead the way out of the lab and down the hall to the stairs, that were right next to the elevator, they were going up one level to the mess hall. He opened up the door and let Astra walk in front of him.

He looks at her, "I have plenty of patients with difficult students, I might add. I think i can handle you." He smiled and winked at her, "I might even be able to stir you out of your own little word. It has worked so far."
    He said in a slightly playful tone with her, coupled with a smile, letting her know he was just joking around with her. 'So far so good, with her. She knows how to have fun, important quality to have. She also did pretty well under pressure at the training exercise. I think i picked a good linguist, she may need a little help throughout the first few mission, but she will be great.

John got into the line, "The lounge really isn't my cup of tea so to speak, last time i was there other than today, was with my former team, SG8, before we all got reassigned." He looked at what was in the line for food, "Not really my thing i would rather spend time working out, i don't really get into that relaxing all that much."

sigpic
    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

((From linguist lab))

Astra grinned when he opened the door for her and she walked through it. "Are you sure you can handle me?" She teased back. "Not many men have been able to," she said with light humour in her voice. "So, what else can you do to stir me from my own little world as you say you have done so far?" She queried, her grin growing even wider, her face felt slightly flushed. She was enjoying herself and his company. Astra felt he'd make a good CO and she felt comfortable around him, and she hadn't scared him off just yet.

"I haven't been assigned to a team here until now and I spent most of the time working in the labs where it was peaceful. I haven't really explored this place much at all. I don't even know where the gym is and I used to keep fit all the time back on Earth for when I would be needed off world. Since being here I've been a bit lazy and a bit slack, so will have to get back into training again to get my fitness up. Çause I never thought I'd be going back on a team, so I let my fitness slid a bit, even though I eat pretty healthy. Maybe we could do a few training session in the gym if you're not into the relaxing so much?" Astra suggested. "I'm sure I could beat you in a sparring match," she challanged with tongue in check, her eyes twinkling.

"Eh, not much exciting for food is there?" she whispered to him. "It doesn't look very appealing does it?" She said softly, helping herself to a chicken salad sandwich and large bottle of passionfruit and orange juice, her favourite juice. "Where do you want to sit?" Astra asked him.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

"I do have a little sister who is well a smart @$$, and I handle her pretty well." John said with a smirk to her. "Is that a challenge, As?" he asked in a playful tone to her, getting a reaction out of her was his goal.

"So you want me to wipe you into shape, I think I can help out there, Marine Style, too." He said looking at her up and down as if assessing what he could do to get her in shape. "I will tell you what I will even go easy on you the first time," John said in a slight serious tone, with an undertone of joking with her.

"Yes well the supply's we are used to must be running low, so its now time to improvise with what get through trade and from the town, plus on this planet." John said settling on a hamburger with some fries, or at least that is what they look like now. "Over here," John said pointing to the empty table right next to Major Mckinnon.

He took a seat than said, "I am sure I can come up with something to stir you up after a while, just give me a day or two."

sigpic

Comment

She glanced at him when he asked her if it was a challange, then smirked. "If you want to take it as a challange go ahead, I wouldn't want to hurt your ego," she teased, following him to their seat and sat down.

"I'd like to see you try to wipe into shape Marine style, Soldier Boy," she snarked, her eyes sparkling, as she bit into her chicken salad sandwich. "Good luck with that for it won't work with me, I'm a civilian," she reminded him. "You do know I'm asthmatic right? I carry a puffer with me everywhere in my pockets."

"Yeah, we will have to improvise. I'm not exactly a fussy eater, but there are some foods I don't eat or touch with a ten foot pole. I'm not allergic to anything except aspiron and dispiron. Mum gave me some when I was a kid and apparently I had a huge reaction to it. So, now we just avoid it and we never kept any in the house. We usually just kept panadol or paracetamol," she said, chatting away. She took a sip of her juice. "So, do you know many people here on base? I don't and probably should get out more, but that's not me really."
          sigpic
          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

"Consider the challenge accepted than," John replied back to her. "I love a good challenge." He leaned slightly back in his chair, becoming more at ease around her.

"Soldier boy eh," John said with a smile, "Haven't been called that in a while, not sure i like you calling me that." He smiled at her, he so has to resist the urge to just shove his hand in her face and push her head to the side in an innocent gesture of being flirtatious.

"Yes i remember that in your file," John said, "Trust me there are a lot of tricks i have up my sleeve. I will get you in shape fast, it will be fun." He smirked to her rasising his eyebrows slightly.

He took a bite of his hamburger, at least that is what he thought it was. "No i don't know to many people on this base, i have not been here that long a weeks tops. I was at the beta site for a bout two months before coming here. I am not really that much of a people person especially when i don't really think i have anything in common with them. I find it ironic that i was given a command of a team."

sigpic

Comment

"A challange it is then! Looking forward to kicking your butt," she said with a mischeovous grin, stretching her legs out under the table. "Don't like being called Soldier Boy, huh? Well, I don't like being called Eibhleann, it won't be pleasant for you if you call me that again," she cautioned him. She filed the Soldier Boy thing away for another time.

"Depens, will it be fun for you being the tormentor or fun for me seeing you get you butt kicked?" Dhe scrunched her rubbish up into a ball and pegged it at him, waiting to see what sort of reaction she'd get. She finished off her juice and tossed it in the nearest bin and grinned smugly when she got it in first go. "I could have been a basketball player if it was for my lack of height," she mused.

"I'm not much of a people person either, considering how I ended up with a husband and three kids and working at the SGC," she said quietly, absently scratching her head. She pulled the hair bubble out of her hair and allowed her to hang around her shoulders, wiping at the strands of hair that fell in her eyes. She shifted a little and her feet accidently brushed his. "Sorry," she said, blushing,
              leaning back in her chair.

"I'm sure you'll turn out to be a good leader and I guess we'll just have to learn to be people person's if we're going to be apart of a team," she assured him with a smile. "I've never been to the beta site, is it the same as here?"
              sigpic
              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

John looked at her, "I think you just might give me a run for my money, if i remember correctly you had several brothers." He winked at her, "This just may end up being to much fun." He looked at her squarely, "Point taken As, i won't call you that again."

"Oh I think we are both going to have fun." The paper hit him in the face, he looked at her and smiled leaning onto the table he motioned her to lean forward, "You are going to regret that Missy." He said in a slight whisper so she had to lean in closer than he took his hand and messed up her hair a little.

He watched as she threw the thing in the trash, "Really, i some how think that you would probably be the girl who fouled out at every game."

He shook his head at her saying sorry for brushing his feet he just flashed a smile at her, "Its alright."

"I hope so, at least i know my previous commanders were pretty adamant about me being a leader of a team soon." He shook his head, "The Beta site not much different that here, just a little bit smaller. I spent most of my time in the infirmary, injured after a mission gone bad with the tok'ra."

sigpic

Comment

"I had six brothers, I was the baby," she reminded him with a smirk. "I had to fight for what I wanted and if I wanted any attention, use to know how to put on the water works when I wanted too," she admitted, blushing a little, with a sheepish grin. "So, yearh, I think I can handle you. I've developed my own tactics." She grinned broadly.

"It's a point you should remember about my name, Jonathan," She warned him.

She leaned in when he started whispering and then too her astonishment, he messed up her hair. She glared at him and then quickly pulled his, making sure it was hard. "The difference between you and me, I at least have hair," she growled. "Don't mess up my hair again, John," she warned him, pointing a finger at him. "Its better for your safety not to try it again!"

"Nah, that was my brother's Iollan and Sean who fouled out. They were incredibly competitive! So competitve you couldn't even play a simple game of cards with them," she said. "Though competitiveness ran through the family, they took it too the next level. If I was fighting with my brothers, I would use any tactic I could; water works, screaming at the top of my lungs for the old man would come running then, any self defence skills I'd seen them use. I used to watch them practice and try an imitate them in their movenets," she informed him. "Though my teachers would write on my reports that I would get a bit a too rough during PE or sports." She grinned.

"I've met with the To'k'Ra a few times and I've had no problems with them at all. I like them, though I find it hard sometimes when I'm speaking to two different personalities/people... I've never gone on any missions with them. The worst I've ever suffered is cuts and bruises, scrapes etc... Nothing to serious. I guess I've been lucky," she said quietly.
                  Last edited by Stargate78fan; 15 May 2009, 11:32 PM.
                  sigpic
                  My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                    Lance took the seat offered after placing his meal on the table, pausing for a second to gather his thoughts, he picked up his coffee and took a sip, placing the cup back down, “I have recently been made the CO of SG3,” he began, as he looked at her, “and was asked to make my own team through the candidates that were given to me to fill the slot that are open in SG3. Your file after reading which actually stood out for me, given your skills, experience and choose field background. I’m here to offer you a position on SG3. That is if you like to take the open slot.

He knew it be best not to say no pressure since it just might have the opposite effect of what he wanted. He stole a quick glance at Kim who had gone back to reading - he felt guilty about leaving her like he did, but he did have work - then looked at O’Casey as he waited for her response.

((Sorry this took so long, I lost my muse ))

As the major finished, Katherine’s mouth dropped open. This was far from what she actually expected to hear from McKinnon, although she hadn’t had any particular expectations at all. ‘A position on SG-3? For me?’ she thought. Even though she had wanted to get assigned on a team for a while now, she was still shocked by this sudden offer. Finally closing her mouth, her head was filled with thoughts. To accept or to not? Katherine didn’t even know why she was racking her brains so much while she actually wanted to take the slot.

“Of course, sir. I’d like that very much,”
                    she finally got some words out. She tried not to look overly excited, but was still smiling.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                      "I had six brothers, I was the baby," she reminded him with a smirk. "I had to fight for what I wanted and if I wanted any attention, use to know how to put on the water works when I wanted too," she admitted, blushing a little, with a sheepish grin. "So, yearh, I think I can handle you. I've developed my own tactics." She grinned broadly.

"It's a point you should remember about my name, Jonathan," She warned him.

She leaned in when he started whispering and then too her astonishment, he messed up her hair. She glared at him and then quickly pulled his, making sure it was hard. "The difference between you and me, I at least have hair," she growled. "Don't mess up my hair again, John," she warned him, pointing a finger at him. "Its better for your safety not to try it again!"

"Nah, that was my brother's Iollan and Sean who fouled out. They were incredibly competitive! So competitve you couldn't even play a simple game of cards with them," she said. "Though competitiveness ran through the family, they took it too the next level. If I was fighting with my brothers, I would use any tactic I could; water works, screaming at the top of my lungs for the old man would come running then, any self defence skills I'd seen them use. I used to watch them practice and try an imitate them in their movenets," she informed him. "Though my teachers would write on my reports that I would get a bit a too rough during PE or sports." She grinned.

"I've met with the To'k'Ra a few times and I've had no problems with them at all. I like them, though I find it hard sometimes when I'm speaking to two different personalities/people... I've never gone on any missions with them. The worst I've ever suffered is cuts and bruises, scrapes etc... Nothing to serious. I guess I've been lucky," she said quietly.

John looked over at her and took a drink of his coffee, "I have no doubt of that, As. That's why i wanted you on my team, "

"You are smart to,"
                      he added to his comment, "when i read your file, you even though you didn't have much off world experience i felt like you had enough experience with your family."

"Well i have been in the infirmary for my share of time, worst mission ever was a rescue mission gone bad back before I worked at the SGC. Was in the hospital for 3 months recovering."
                      John said and shook off the feeling it got. He than finished up his food, "Well we both seem to be finished, shall we go and check up on the members down in the infirmary?"

sigpic

Comment

Astra ducked her head. "Thanks, its nice to be told occassionally how smart you are," she said with a smile, finising off her the last of her meal and drink. "I guess coming from a large family has its bonuses."

She took her hair out and shook it out, deciding to leave it out while she was in the company of the Major. In case he decided to mess with her hair again. 'Cheeky bugger,' she thought, as she tried to make her hair neat and tidy. It was wild hair and never seemed to do as it was told, she sighed with frustration and gave up, glaring at John.

"You're a pain in the butt you know that? I bet you never did that to your sister's hair did you? My hair is wild enough as it is without you messing with it," she grumbled, blowing her hair out of her eyes and tucking a few stray strands behind her ear.

"Yeah, let's go check on our injured team mates," she agreed, putting the rest of their rubbish in the nearest bin. She stood up and tucked her chair under the table. "Come on then," she said impatiently, tugging on his shirt and giving him a pointed look to get a move on.
                        sigpic
                        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Flow View Post
                          Spoiler:

“Of course, sir. I’d like that very much,”
                          she finally got some words out. She tried not to look overly excited, but was still smiling.

Lance threw a grin at her, “Excellent,” he shifted in his seat, picked up his cup and drank, “Briefing might be around 0800 hours if I can get a hold of Tyler and Chikozu before then. Before I go I’ll give you a chance to ask any question you might have right now.

((Super short and somewhat lame post. I so can’t think of anything for Lance. I know played him alot more better last year. Still he’s not my creation. ))

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                            Astra ducked her head. "Thanks, its nice to be told occassionally how smart you are," she said with a smile, finising off her the last of her meal and drink. "I guess coming from a large family has its bonuses."

She took her hair out and shook it out, deciding to leave it out while she was in the company of the Major. In case he decided to mess with her hair again. 'Cheeky bugger,' she thought, as she tried to make her hair neat and tidy. It was wild hair and never seemed to do as it was told, she sighed with frustration and gave up, glaring at John.

"You're a pain in the butt you know that? I bet you never did that to your sister's hair did you? My hair is wild enough as it is without you messing with it," she grumbled, blowing her hair out of her eyes and tucking a few stray strands behind her ear.

"Yeah, let's go check on our injured team mates," she agreed, putting the rest of their rubbish in the nearest bin. She stood up and tucked her chair under the table. "Come on then," she said impatiently, tugging on his shirt and giving him a pointed look to get a move on.

“Well I try to be nice, on my good days.” John said, “Indeed it does.” He smiled at her attempts to make her hair neat. ‘Will have to work on getting her to really let her hair down, she needs to feel at ease not just around me but with the team.’ He thought to himself.

“Oh I assure you Rachael got far worse, just ask her. Although she will tell you that anyone else who tried to mess with her they got a stern talking to,” He said with a grin, “Its one thing for me and my twin to mess with our sister its quite another for someone else.”

He stood up and was about to put his own things in the trash when she tugged on his shirt like a child, he finished what he was doing. “Yes Ma’am” he said to her and moved his hand up to mess with her hair again, pushing her slightly just short of an arms length away from him. “You deserved that one totally.” He added grinning at her and looking at her hair, it actually was kind of cute to him. He always loved messing with a woman hair, there was just something so natural about it.

The two of them walked to the exit and head for the stairs, “Now time for the long trek to the infirmary level.”

<To Infirmary>

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by SilverRider View Post

Lance threw a grin at her, “Excellent,” he shifted in his seat, picked up his cup and drank, “Briefing might be around 0800 hours if I can get a hold of Tyler and Chikozu before then. Before I go I’ll give you a chance to ask any question you might have right now.

((Super short and somewhat lame post. I so can’t think of anything for Lance. I know played him alot more better last year. Still he’s not my creation. ))

Katherine’s mind calmed down, ‘this is fantastic,’ she thought. She nodded as the major told her about the briefing. The moment reminded her of the times back on Earth, when she was a part of SG-19. She missed being on a team and going off-world. Now, that has changed and it made her feel somehow warm inside.

‘Questions, questions,’
                              she pondered, staring at the food for a brief moment. Nothing came to mind. Katherine made a quiet mumbling sound and then responded, “Nothing to ask at the moment, sir.”

sigpic

Comment

<Lounge via the stairs from lvl 5 to lvl 2>

Adria entered the mess hall to see quite a few people there eating, talking, smiling, and having a good time. She made her way through the food line stoping to get a salad and skipping the tea since she didn't want another alergic reaction. She decided to get the cheif's special for the day which ended up being grilled chicken which she cut up and put on her salad. Such a good day. She thought as she sat down and opened up her book using the ketchup bottle to prop it up.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Working...
                                X