Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Tyler} {Swanson}

Kym made one last check to make sure her trousers were buttoned all the way then turned to follow Ryn. "Swanson. Chief Henry Swanson. If you really want to get on his good side, make it a point to look him up outside of normal mealtimes and compliment him on the chow."
    She patted her stomach, "Do it often enough and he starts putting 'goodies' aside for you. You know, little treats that he may not have enough of to put on the serving line."

They were up to said line by now. Kym took a tray and started sliding it down the runners.
    "Tyler," a voice barked from back in the kitchen.
    "Yes, Chief," she replied, grimacing at the loud conversation.
    The chef stuck his head around the door jamb, "When you're done, come see me. I got an e-mail from a guy who signed himself 'Stev the baker'."
    "Will do, Chief. I told him to get in touch with you," Kym answered as she kept pointing to dishes.
    After Henry popped back to his duties, she apologized to the serving staff, "Sorry folks. Didn't mean to ignore you."
    She glanced at Ryn's tray, trying to see what her favorites were.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Ryn's tray was fully loaded. Oh boy, was it ever... Three plates filled with stuff (one spagetti, one meat and one fish dish - albeit both somewhat smaller than the spagetti bolognaise plate). A couple of glasses with juice, water, even a cup of tea with a dessert cookie tray. The staff were looking weirdly at her whilst serving her. Then one of them recognised the name from her Infirmary order of an impossibly huge breakfast.

"Ohhhhh. So, *you're* the tall order, then." He said, winking with a smile to let her know he was teasing.

"Yeah. That's me. I got special needs." Ryn replied, hoping they would let her take this much. She'd seen their faces, and fretted about the possible gossip.

"It's ok. Dr Aaronson has let us know. We may not like it - but we ARE going to be giving you what you need.".

Ryn smiled a relieved smile, whilst sending a small mental thanks to the Doc. "Thanks. Really. I appreciate it.".

"You're most welcome." The man said with another smile, and then he went back to whatever he'd been doing before Swanson would launch a scold attack.

She gave Tyler an uncertain nod/smile too, still embarrassed.

"Where d'we sit ?"

Comment

PT Gregory House

House walked through the mess hall, watching the two women head up to the counter, he followed them, picking up a tray before looking to the service-person.

"I'll have the same as her." He nodded in Ryn's direction, before looking affronted at the man's return look. "What? Is it my fault she probably suffers from Hypoglycaemia and just happened to pick out all my favourites?"

The service person sighed and started dishing up the three plates.

"Whoa, I never said I wanted as much as her, just the same as her." The man looked at House, and offered him the end of the ladle.

"You wanna do this yourself?" House didn't react to the annoyed tone, but glanced at the man's hand momentarily.

"But you were doing such a great job." The man took back the ladle, added a little of each to a single plate and handed it to House, who took it without thanks, but as the man though his ordeal was over, House finally added. "I'd get the infirmary to look at that hand if I were you, then again if I were you I wouldn't stay this trim with all that lovely food on offer."

Only House could give such a backhanded compliment.

"I once thought it better to be right
        But now I have finally seen the light
        Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
        I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
        Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
          {Chikozu}
          Spoiler:
          Ryn's tray was fully loaded. Oh boy, was it ever... Three plates filled with stuff (one spagetti, one meat and one fish dish - albeit both somewhat smaller than the spagetti bolognaise plate). A couple of glasses with juice, water, even a cup of tea with a dessert cookie tray. The staff were looking weirdly at her whilst serving her. Then one of them recognised the name from her Infirmary order of an impossibly huge breakfast.

"Ohhhhh. So, *you're* the tall order, then." He said, winking with a smile to let her know he was teasing.

"Yeah. That's me. I got special needs." Ryn replied, hoping they would let her take this much. She'd seen their faces, and fretted about the possible gossip.

"It's ok. Dr Aaronson has let us know. We may not like it - but we ARE going to be giving you what you need.".

Ryn smiled a relieved smile, whilst sending a small mental thanks to the Doc. "Thanks. Really. I appreciate it.".

"You're most welcome." The man said with another smile, and then he went back to whatever he'd been doing before Swanson would launch a scold attack.

She gave Tyler an uncertain nod/smile too, still embarrassed.

"Where d'we sit ?"

{Tyler}

"Holy buckets," Kym exclaimed, eyeing the amount of food on Ryn's tray, "You get to carry your own rations on a mission, lady."
          She laughed lightly to show that she was only joking and pointed with her chin toward an almost empty table. "How's about over there?"
          Serious now, she asked, "Can you carry that? With your shoulder and all? If not, wait a minute and I'll come back and get it."

The young airman heading for the trash bin stopped near them. His rolled up sleeves and butcher's apron were a dead giveaway as to his duties. "He'p you with that, Ma'am?"
          sigpic

Comment

Ryn looked oddly at Tyler. "I always carry my own stu.... Oh." Belatedly, she caught on with the joke and just shrugged and smiled, wincing slightly. When her friend and the airman both offered to help out, she laughed and nodded. "Okay, sure. Since you're askin'." The airman helped arrange her stuff on the table and then Ryn and Tyler sat down.

There was some kind of annoyances going on at the counter and Ryn looked over to see what the problem was. One of them was pointing at her and then back at the serving folk. It confused Ryn but she shrugged and began to eat, starting with the fish dish.

The airman watched all the plates, and without a word, he went to fetch covers for the as yet untouched plates, to keep them warm. "Th're yah go'h, ma'am."

"Thanks!" Ryn flashed another smile and continued eating. "Good stuff!" Totally engrossed in the delicious food, she'd forgotten all about having to note everything down that she ate...

Comment

PT Gregory House

House smirked at the butcher hurrying back to his duties.

"Real smooth, though she'd like it more if you offered to carry mine too." He only paused momentarily at the butcher's annoyed look. "No? Guess I'll just have to go hit on her instead."

Leaving the butcher just a little confused he went and sat down by Ryn and Kym, looking at the former with a little interest, but only a professional kind.

"Nice choice of food, I'd have gone for Sole over Halibut personally, but they seem to have run out." He gave a fake-charming smile. "PT House, but don't fret, sending you back to the infirmary would mean I'd have to come with you."

He winked and dug his fork into the soft fish.

"Mmm... Not bad. I am curious though, how did you injure your shoulder?" The question had been on the tip of his tongue since he'd spotted it.

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

(wooo! *still excited* lol )

Briefly, Ryn glanced over at Tyler to see if the other woman had any objections to her conversation with this stranger. She decided to keep answers to a bare, polite minimum.

"It was fish. I wanted it. That's all. As for my shoulders... I had a run-in with a tiger-deer. I won, but not before it dug its paws in me. Good thing a zat is required outdoor gear. Else I don't think I could've outrun it while injured.".

She was eating quite heartily while she spoke, facial expressions accompanying every word accordingly.

"What's a PT?" The question was asked after a while, as her mind processed everything House'd said.

Comment

PT Gregory House

House raised his eyebrow at the tone of the response, but was far to interested in the details to make fun. He answered her question first, even though it was asked a little later.

"A failed doctor who's still bitter about it and will give you plenty of exercises that seem like they do absolutely no good at all." He paused to take a mouthful of the the spaghetti bolognaise, chewing it absently before reaching for the salt. "They never put enough seasoning on."

"Then again if you don't exercise the muscle properly."
                  The switch back to the original topic was fairly quick, but obvious. "You could end up living with that damage for life. Most likely there's torn muscle that needs careful care... such a shame I don't know a good PT."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Ryn rolled her eyes at the doc. He was fun. Kinda weird and all, but, fun nonetheless. She grinned, and bent her head closer and whispered.

"I'll let you in on a secret, Doc. I heal faster than you guys. It's why I eat so much. I'm an alien, you see. Though, well, you're welcome to try and help me. If you want.".

The redhead then bent back again, shrugging.

"And by the way. You must be a great PT, whatever it is. Else you wouldn't be workin' here. Ain't that right, Kym ?"

((maybe I'm too brain-fried-tired for thinking this, but I think she's channelling Cooper here... ))

Comment

{Tyler}

"What," Kym looked up, startled out of the reverie she'd fallen into, "Sorry, thinking about something."
                      She looked over to House and grimaced slightly, "A PT, and this man's a darn good one, is a Physiotherapist. He oversees how people recovering from muscle or joint injuries exercise."
                      Kym tipped her chin towards Ryn's shoulder, "I'm sure you'll be seeing him for re-hab."
                      The woman thought back to the time she'd briefly worked with him right after they'd lost Earth. She'd put his sharp attitude down to the shock everyone was feeling after that catastrophe. Surprisingly, the sharpness worked better than any sympathy. It made her believe that the injury to her back was recoverable. After all, no one was going to snap at someone who'd truely lost the use of their legs.

(( I thought I'd include him in the timeline. Kym got shot way, way back in the beginning when SG6 went to rescue SG8. ))
                      sigpic

Comment

Secretly, Ryn was glad Kym hadn't noticed her little slip. But then again, this House-guy was a doctor. So, chances were he knew everything about her already, anyway. And besides, they were on the base, not in a public place either. Her relief was probably visible to a good observer, although Ryn hid it well.

"Oh, I see. The CMO didn't say anything though. Oh well. Maybe I'll ask when I'll be needing another painkiller refill. Which reminds me.". The shoulders had started to ache again. Ryn looked at her watch, and then took her notebook out, and began to jot some notes down (a list of her food so far since leaving the Infirmary, as well as the times at which she'd taken the pills). When finished, she took the small pill container and swallowed a pill with some juice.

"Painkillers. Obviously." She smiled to the PT and continued finishing up the second dish, which was the spaghetti.

Comment

PT Gregory House

House looked to the second woman, his memory jumped, the shot leg. Beside the point now, but she seemed to be stable enough on it.

"Obviously, get any of the small light-pink ones? They're my favourite." He paused and pulled out a small bottle of his own, he popped it open and offered it to Ryn. "Have a placebo, they fix everything."

Before she could even think to reach out to take one he pulled them back, looked at the label and popped the lid back on.

"Oops got the placebos and laxatives mixed up, now that could have been interesting." He smirked, keeping hold of them, before looking cheerfully back at the girls. "Faster healing either means you have a faster metabolism and I give you a double dose of exercises or you have funky regenerative powers, in which case I find a syringe and steal your blood."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

"Huh. Well, I never thought you were a vampire or something. No, no funky teeth. Um. Okay. I'm just a soldier, a marine. Right ? So. I don't know what's up with me in the medical sense. If you want to know, I'm sure your CMO can tell you. And, well, double exercises sound like fun..." Ryn shrugged, mumbled around her food, it wasn't really a pretty sight. The joke with the pill bottle had been met with a somewhat mild interest, though of course now the bottle was gone, so she couldn't have another look. Not that she wanted, anyway. It was bad enough having to take painkillers this strong.

"Although, I do think I have more pain as well. Else I wouldn't be taking these, I do need them, ya know...". She frowned a little, having detected some kind of sarcasm with the PT guy, something she couldn't really place. Did this man care or didn't he ? For a doctor, that was a weird question indeed.

Comment

PT Gregory House

House smirked, almost vampire-like, at Ryn's response.

"I wish! Funky teeth are really in." He tossed the bottle in the air and caught it neatly, the only notable thing about that was the bottle didn't make the tell-tale rattle noise. "And yes I could talk to Gus, but that'd mean getting up, walking down several flights of stairs and getting moaned at. It's much more fun to stay here."

He looked back at Kym.

"Double exercises sounds fun she says, how long until she takes that one back?" He gave a smug smile, know Kym had been through the whole exercise regime herself.

"Of course you do." He replied to Ryn's protest, though it was said with a hint of disbelief.

Last edited by Vincent; 30 March 2009, 05:29 AM.

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

She watched the bottle toss-up with a frown. "Is that a toy ?" Then he went on about being lazy. Ryn did a quick mental calculation on their location vs. that of the Infirmary. "It's only 6 levels down, and as a PT stairs should be mandatory even with the elevators down...".

Ryn grinned, and focused on forking up a massive amount of spagetti whilst awaiting what her team mate had to say on the subjects.

Comment

Working...
                                X