Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
    Astra nodded when Mohinder called her Ma'am. It was something she was used to by working with the military people, though she knew Mohinder wasn't military.

"Yes I do love cricket, and miss being able to watch a game," Astra replied to Mohinder, smiling. "Unfortunately I don't have my archery gear with me. I was off world at the time, when you know, and came straight here. So I don't have my gear. I miss being able to practice too. I guess I miss a lot of stuff."

"A first SG4 joint project would be interesting and would be nice," she replied, not really sure what to say.

"I haven't been off world since arriving here," Astra explained to Mohinder. "So how come I haven't seen you around before?"
    "We all miss a lot, Dr Owen. I guess that's what happens when you loose too much, too fast like we all have recently." Mohinder replied to Astra's comment about missing a lot of stuff.

"We could begin brainstorming some ideas once we return from the training. No problem. Maybe someone else here even has an idea or technique of their own we could use or adept. That's something to dig on later." He said about trying to make Astra some archery gear. The last phrase was more a note to himself than a spoken one.

"I've not been off-world either, just off-base. I've been living in Foreston for the last six months. Just recently I've returned to the base. Few days ago only." Mohinder explained why they had never met, starting to mumble in the last phrases.

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
    John smiled, “Well I don’t really makes plans, but I have a few things in mind. I have a Sgt. staking them out at the moment, as soon as everyone is finished eating we can head out. The armory should have our entire gear ready, if you want and depending on what time we finish we may be able to go out to Foreston. Just depends, so you can grab some civilian cloths to pack along.”

"I offer my house in the Foreston outskirts for some relaxing after Jack's. It would have room for everyone, if two of us don't mind sleeping on the couch. Just so we wouldn't have to return to base late at night. If you want it, off course. It's OK, if not." He offered not knowing what to say. He had no trouble with people in his house as long as they didn't live in it permanently.

Mohinder had listened carefully to everything being spoken as he ate and thought in silence. In his mind, he was beginning to piece together what might happen during the training. He knew he would get better at understanding the military modus operandi as SG-4 went, but he was satisfied with what he could gather right here and now.

Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
      "Doctor," Gaius rose and called after him, "Please, join us." He beckoned the man to come back, saying to the others, "A man in my position shouldn't be so sensitive to words."
      Kym leaned over and mumured, "We kept a lot of what happened here away from the townspeople. They know we beat off an attack, not that we gained new allies."
      Justinius nodded to her, seated himself and addressed Claire's comment. "The history of my legion, Macedonica," he gently corrected her pronounciation, "is much longer than that, Lady. We've been in existence for almost 2000 years."
      Upon hearing first Claire's words, then the Roman's, David swallowed, and turned around. He cautiously returned, and took a seat again.

"So ... Did your people originate from Earth, Tribune ?" He asked, intrigued.
      He would love to get his hands on those mission reports, he thought, hoping they were in the main database for easy access.
      "Captain Tyler - could I read the report which tells me more about these Roman allies ? I've been away too long, haven't I..." He sighed, awaiting responses. "I just can't remember this at all, when you made them as allies."

Comment

Kym looked to Colonel Sharp and waited for his okay before speaking up. At his reluctant nod, she answered Williams, "It's not your memory at fault, Doctor. It's only been 4 or 5 months since we even knew of the Free Romans."
        The woman gave him a very, very brief history of the attack on the base. "It's classified information to the base, sir. I'm sure the data is in the computer but, you may not have access. Being based in Foreston and all."
        She shrugged, not really knowing what his clearance was.
        Gaius listened to the explanation with interest. He'd like to read those reports as well, just to see how close they really came to winning.
        Tearing his thoughts from that track, he addressed Williams' thought. "Since you recognize our language and customs, I assume that is the planet from which we sprang."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
          "I offer my house in the Foreston outskirts for some relaxing after Jack's. It would have room for everyone, if two of us don't mind sleeping on the couch. Just so we wouldn't have to return to base late at night. If you want it, off course. It's OK, if not." He offered not knowing what to say. He had no trouble with people in his house as long as they didn't live in it permanently.
          "That may be very useful, thank you doctor." John said, than looked at the team, "As soon as we all have time to finish up, we will head out." He glanced at Captain Hutchinson and grinned.

Vincent nodded to Hutchinson, but kept a straight face, then turned to Ezekiel as he explained the plan. He finished off his own food, then asked.

"A little surprise eh? Keeping them on their toes. What would stop them thinking they're really under attack? There's always a possibility that under fire they could jump to irrational conclusions, even if we are only using intar rounds."
          "Even at full strength an intar won't kill a person. Its standard operating procedure to train with intars, so there shouldn't be any possible for some one to get hurt, unless they get into hand to hand combat. Plus we will be using zats, and it you get hit don't get hit again." John said. "Besides the main surprise will be in the beginning, I plan on making lets just say a big bang when we get out there, set a trap."

sigpic
          Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Leaning closer, David spoke up. "Captain. I do have clearance for this. Just because I took some time off, doesn't mean that I lost it. My time away from the base was personal; I needed to get some things straight. And then what happened to me, happened, so I was forced to get back. Early.
            Though I am willing to cooperate, and not ask further details, if you feel this is too sensitive for me to know.
            To tell you the truth, I don't really see why the townspeople are not allowed to know everything the base does. It's all in their best interest, is it not ? Earth is gone. We are no longer under its constant influence, and we have to fend for ourselves! The stronger we are, the better. If there is division like that amongst us... then it doesn't bode well for us. At all."

David really was confused. What had happened during the time he'd been away ? He hadn't really noticed much animosity in Foreston. Or he could've been living in his own little bubble, like always. Sighing to himself, he guessed that last was the truth. He'd not been well to start with, and probably had totally failed to pick up the political undercurrents that must have been there.

When the Roman confirmed his origins, Williams nodded.

"Ah. I see. So I guess this is another case of abduction. It's really amazing just how many the Goa'uld took from our world! Just to populate their worlds, to ensure followers. Rule them by fear and exploitation. Tell me, who of your pantheon did they choose to impersonate ?" He was just glad this particular community had thrived, regardless of the Goa'uld. That the Tribune's people had managed to conquer them, was no mean feat. But then again, the Romans had always known everything about how to make a war work for them.

Comment

"Yeah I know everybody misses something, Dr. Suresh," Astra said gently. "You know I've always been fascinated by Elves and I've seen drawings of what their bows are supposed to look like, something like that would be cool and fun. I'm sure there's some refrences in the Base library," she said, blushing a little, feling kind of like a geek. She grinned.

"I haven't been to Foreston or heard much about it," Astra confessed. "So what's it like?" She asked Mohinder. "It sounds like a small country town."

"Well that's really reasuring about the intars, Major," Astra said with her eyebrow raised. "I don't mind using zats and prefer those," she admitted. "Is that a big badda boom or just boom?"
              sigpic
              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Colonel Chris Sharp

Chris knew what Tyler was talking about, "That we did," he replied in the same level of tone as Kym.

"Uh huh," Claire agreed then let out long slow whistle, at Gaius's information, "A bit different to the history I'm aware of from Earth. But still similar in some aspects in some places, besides I'll need my memory refreshed."

After that Sharp and her listened to the chatter, she tried to keep calm at David's ramble, but it was Sharp who spoke, up, "Dr William, let me ask one thing," he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat so he could fully face the man, "Is it fair to say that in the base's interest that we have to know everything Foreston does? No it doesn't. Likewise same goes for Foreston. How we work here is the same way we work back on Earth. Nothing changes. IF there is something people of Foreston need to know we well tell them, but not everything in detail Somethings do need to stay classified."

Claire nodded in agreement, Civilians, she thought as she tried not to roll her eyes. "The Goa'uld have taken just about most of the different cultures from earth, it's a known fact, Doc."

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post

"I really have no idea doc, on the food here. I just take what looks good. Haven't had any incidents so far, but then again I've only been here for like five days. And a few of those were in Foreston." Ryn replied, with a forgiving look/smile on her face. "And the refugees - yeah. I guess so. Are they going to live here, on Gaia ? And where, then, in Foreston ?"
                  “Yeah, right. So, the usual then uh; stay out of the red oatmeal…” Carrie muttered to herself as she went over to the food line, calling over her shoulder towards Ryn “I’ll be back in a minute.”

She grabbed a tray and returned to the table a few minutes later with some scrambled eggs, bacon, out-of-the-oven warm French rolls with ham and cheese and a big glass of juice.

“Okay, you were asking about the refugees; I don’t know if they’re just “traveling through” or aiming for a stay here on Gaia. From the looks of things they were just happy to get out of where ever the came from.” She took bites of the scrambled eggs before continuing.
                  “Guess it’ll be a dialog between the Mayor of Foreston and their leader, but I can’t see a reason for them not stay, there’s plenty of room here on this planet, don’t you think?”

Carrie took some sips of her coffee and looked back at Ryn.
                  “Look, I don’t mean to be rude or anything ‘cause I’ve really enjoyed our little talk here, but as I said before” she winced and made a motion with her head towards the computer “I really need to do some reading. So I’m afraid I’m about to go in to the “non-social-mode” for a while, I’m sorry…”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

"Yes, well, we shouldn't," said David, waving a dismissive hand at Sharp's and Davis's outburst, and launched one of his own. "This is the PERFECT opportunity for change!"
                    The anthropologist in him got excited. "We could set up a whole NEW society here. Change the way humans work and think. There's absolutely NO reason for us to keep things as they were. Earth is gone. Yes, we treasure that memory. But no, we needn't keep all the bad things from it. Like the politics. What good has that ever done for us? If you look at all the wars we've had on Earth between various peoples and for various reasons ... Most of those were caused by one political move or another, it's very rare that civilians wanted to start this or that war... This way of life should change! It'll be for the better, I assure you. If we erase all suspicion and be open to each other ... I know it sounds like an utopia, but it IS possible!"
                    Classified, he'd never understood that silly military notion.

Ryn nodded, understandingly. "Okay doc." She gave a shy smile, then stood up. Her meal was finished and there really was no further reason for her to stick around. She looked around. The tables were full of conversation, some more excited than others. She felt much like a fifth wheel here now, not really wanting to intrude nor called anywhere either.
                    She decided to leave, there was no point in staying.

<<Ryn to .... ? I don't know yet.>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      "Yes, well, we shouldn't," said David, waving a dismissive hand at Sharp's and Davis's outburst, and launched one of his own. "This is the PERFECT opportunity for change!"
                      The anthropologist in him got excited. "We could set up a whole NEW society here. Change the way humans work and think. There's absolutely NO reason for us to keep things as they were. Earth is gone. Yes, we treasure that memory. But no, we needn't keep all the bad things from it. Like the politics. What good has that ever done for us? If you look at all the wars we've had on Earth between various peoples and for various reasons ... Most of those were caused by one political move or another, it's very rare that civilians wanted to start this or that war... This way of life should change! It'll be for the better, I assure you. If we erase all suspicion and be open to each other ... I know it sounds like an utopia, but it IS possible!"
                      Classified, he'd never understood that silly military notion.
                      Chris leaned back on his seat looking a bit baffled at David's little rant, which to him seemed that the man was totally naive, when here was totally calm general discussion going. If that's how he was behaving now, putting him on a team didn't enter the equation. Keeping a calm face, he folded his arms over his chest. Reminder that Earth was gone stung, he sighed, "Let me put it this way, we are at war with a alien species doc," he really had to bite the sarcasm out of his voice, "24/7 I might add."

"In case you're forgetting, at least more than half the base is Military and we will do things the way we been trained. There are things done by base personals that towns have no part. Whether it's day to day or long term. Same goes for Froeston. If you are saying that we should put everything on the table, we have think of the consequences it will generate. Not everyone is going to be happy with this."

He paused to make sure he wasn't losing his calm, "This is how things are done in the military. Whether on Earth or here on Gaia, Beta or Gemma. You can't change how the military works. Nor you can change the 'thinking' or 'working' of humans. We aren't robots."

Throughout Sharp's talking Claire kept mum, knowing making a comment right now was out of question.

Colonel Chris Sharp

His second stunt double
                      Last edited by SilverRider; 23 March 2008, 08:36 PM. Reason: it's calm....not clam....d'oh!

Comment

Kym also chose not to weigh in on the Colonel's little lecture. She didn't set policy, she didn't want to set policy, she just lived by the orders that came down. Catching Justinius' glance, they both rolled their eyes in a sentiment that was probably common to every military unit in the galaxy - Civilians.

Leaving the two men to debate their issue, Gaius spoke quietly to Claire, "Once our scholars began to study your records, we began to understand more of our own origins. Mars, Vulcan, Jupiter and Juno were our 'gods'," he let the scorn drip from the last word, "They took back their other names, older names, as they got stronger. Ares, Hephaistos, Zeus and Hera."
                        He grinned wolfishly, "Hephaistos was gutted by his own Dux Primus. Ares was defeated by the Tau'ri, as was Zeus. Hera is the only one with real power any longer."

(( It's caLm, not cLam. ))
                        Last edited by Jynjyr; 23 March 2008, 04:52 PM.
                        You're never too old to do something goofy.
                        sigpic
                        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Carrie watched Ryn leave and then turned her attention towards her breakfast; eating as she scrolled through pages of lab-rapports and the short, almost non-existing medical file on Nat up until yesterdays events.
                          She finished off the egg and bacon and then continued on to the most resent lab report, sipping on her juice.
                          “What the…!?” Carrie coughed and put down the glass on the table. ‘Come on Mike you can’t be serious! “Amount of neuro-transmitters within normal range. High amount of un-identifiable neuro-transmitters, further analysis in progress” Give me a break!’ She sighed and leaned back, still looking at the screen.

“Analysis coming back like that is one of the reasons why I chose surgery in favor of internal medicine.” She shook her head and muttered under her breath, then slipped yet another sigh, got up to get a refill on her coffee, and then returned to the table, rubbing her face a couple of times before continuing.

‘Ok, get a grip girl, dig on…’ She logged in to the medical database once more and snorted as she begun to search it for clues.
                          “I’d almost give anything for a fresh update on “Medline”. This is ridiculous...”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<< From Quarters >>

Finding an SF that kindly enforced his company on her, Delen entered again the Mess Hall. It was kinda crowded which made sense due to the time and the fact it wasn't emptied for them. The SF, who she mentally called her unwanted guard, followed her all the way to the food line where she picked a simple, soft, start of the day, balanced meal as her natural tradition said was healthier at this time of the day from all the options available.

Her tray full, Delen searched with her eyes for a place to sit. There was one nearby where a woman seemed to be working on her own. Now used to the idea of having a shadow, Delen went straight to the spot she had found and arriving at the desired table she asked in a polite tone. "Hello, could I take this seat?" Her accent was clearly alien as were her garments.

The SF kept a respectful distance as he watched carefully the beginnings of a talk between Dr Svensson and the alien woman he was escorting.

Delen - Aran Refugee - Random SF

(( OOC - I was uninspired. I hope this works, NG. Jeff did say this character came with no strings attached since she'll disappear into Foreston NPCness anyway. That's why I'm using her for this with basis on the information given on the Arans by Jeff in this very thread. Where is Jeff anyway? ))
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

<<From Quarters>>

Temperance smiled tentatively in passing to several familiar faces as she made her way across the mess hall. She approached the counter with a mild sense of excitement, always eager to see what new local fruit was available. It was one of the little things that never failed to brightened her day. When she left she had several pieces of strange fruit, an egg and two strips of guilt-inducing bacon. Temperance wavered for a moment between coffee and tea but eventually opted for a cup of the first, sweetened liberally.

Rather than leaving the mess to dine in her own quarters as she usually did, Temperance settled at an empty table close to those that were already occupied. She wasn’t going to intrude on anyone’s conversation or solitude, but she was determined to be at least a little social.

Sig. courtesy of the phenomenal Shelbel!

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Kym also chose not to weigh in on the Colonel's little lecture. She didn't set policy, she didn't want to set policy, she just lived by the orders that came down. Catching Justinius' glance, they both rolled their eyes in a sentiment that was probably common to every military unit in the galaxy - Civilians.

Leaving the two men to debate their issue, Gaius spoke quietly to Claire, "Once our scholars began to study your records, we began to understand more of our own origins. Mars, Vulcan, Jupiter and Juno were our 'gods'," he let the scorn drip from the last word, "They took back their other names, older names, as they got stronger. Ares, Hephaistos, Zeus and Hera."
                                He grinned wolfishly, "Hephaistos was gutted by his own Dux Primus. Ares was defeated by the Tau'ri, as was Zeus. Hera is the only one with real power any longer."

(( It's caLm, not cLam. ))
                                ((I know..I blame my typing skills for that ))

Claire softly nodded at the man's words, "So Hera is still around?" she asked, "If we made our alliance stronger we might topple the last of the Goa'uld power. But with Hera pulling a Anubis on us it might be tough, but not totally impossible. We might likely to have a fight on our hands a long and a hard one."

Pausing to shift her thoughts, "I would like a chance to study your records as well. To see how much difference between the two there is. That is if your leaders would welcome the idea," her eyes gleamed with excitement at the though of looking through the 2000 year old Roman history as she grinned at Gauis childishly.

Comment

Working...
                                X