No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John smiled at her, "Well since we have a five man team, you can either have your own tent, or you can share with... someone." he took a drink of his coffee, "I guess depending on the situtation, it could be your choice."

"Well you know what happens when you assume," John said with a smile.

He smiled at her, "Well you striked me as the kind of person I wanted on my team, as for your insult I have been called worse." he looked down, "and you well to be honest you reminded me a little of my wife. Before you say anything is a good thing."

((OOC-I will be sure to post something better after your response, just don't have much time at work.))
    sigpic
    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

"Just wanted to know about the tent stuff, seem as we are a five man team," she said, feeling a little awkward. She shifted a little and played with the orange juice. "I suppose it depends what happens and where we are staying while off world I guess."

"So what do you have planned for today's mission?" She asked him, feeling curious as to what they were going to do. "Is it a day trip or over nighter?"

"That's a mild insult," she said lightly. "It just depends on my mood and what language I choose to speak in at the time."

"Huh, I guess I'll take that as a compliment," she said, when he told her she striked the sort of person he'd want on his team. The part about her reminding him of his wife, Astra wasn't sure what to say that, so she remained silent.

(no problems about your post.)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

John smiled, "Well that will be revealed when the whole team gets here, let's just say it is going to be fun." John than added, "It will probably be an over nighter but I am not for sure as of right now. It just depends on a few things."

He checked his watch it was now 0645, I still haven't heard from Sgt. Daniels, he should be contacting me any time.

((OOC-so uninspired at the moment. Sorry for the lame post))
        sigpic

Comment

"So should I need an over night bag?" She queried.

Astra finished off her drink. She then sorted their rubbish, and put them in the bin, and then put the trays away. She brought back a bannana, sat down in her chair, and started eating.

"So, what do you do for fun outside of work?" Astra asked John.

(Tis okay about your posts. My muse hasn't been much better the last few of my posts)
          sigpic
          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

<< From Men's Locker Room >>

Mohinder climbed the stairs again, now with renewed energy until reaching the entrance of the Mess Hall. The place was rather empty unlike the locker room. Noticing both Major Ezekiel and a woman, probably Dr Owen due to their seemingly friendly banter, Mohinder approached their table slowly not to feel like an eavesdropper again as he did last night. Noticing that a moment of silence befell their conversation, Mohinder made his last approach and introduced himself to Astra who he didn't remember ever meeting before.

"Excuse me. I'm Dr Mohinder Suresh. You must be Dr Owen. Pleased to meet you. Good Morning." He said in shy tone, but also kind of cheery one while nodding to both Ezekiel and Owen. This was a new experience under a certain point of view and Mohinder always liked a good challenge. He placed his backpack on the back of the chair in front of Johnathan and took a sit on it.

(( OOC - I finally managed. Sorry for taking too long...... ))
            Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 16 March 2008, 02:37 PM.
            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Astra glanced up when a shadow fell over them. Someone had arrived, but it wasn't one of the military guys Astra remembered from their first team meeting here in the mess hall. He looked civilian and a little nervous. Astra sympathised with him as she felt the same, though it had helped she'd gotten to spend a few minutes talking with John. She hoped she'd get the chance to do the same with the rest of the team and get to know them as well.

"Hell, Dr. Suresh, I'm Dr. Astra Owen. You can call me Astra if you like," she said smiling warmly to the other Doctor, trying to make him feel welcomed.
              sigpic
              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

<<From Quarters

Lieutenant Michaels entered the Mess Hall. He grabbed his usual chow: three hard-boiled eggs, half a dozen strips of bacon, some hash browns, canteloupe and two orange juice boxes.

He scanned the room, looking for any team leaders. He had swung and missed with Major Stevens, but that could not be helped; she had not been in her room. He thought about going out there, but wanted to gauge the situation first.

He almost missed SG-4 starting to meet. He knew their team was full, but wanted to get an idea of the other teams. He sat down at the next table over from where they were meeting, just within earshot without looking conspicuous. He started to eat.
                sigpic

Comment

(( BTW - we're almost entirely out of Earth food. Especially pre-packaged stuff. ))
                  Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                    (( BTW - we're almost entirely out of Earth food. Especially pre-packaged stuff. ))
                    ((Will keep that in mind from here on out.))
                    sigpic

Comment

<<from quarters>>

Ryn all but bounced into the Mess, finding it half-deserted. There were maybe five or six people there. Okay, so maybe she was early for a Sunday, but the redhead didn't much care about that. What mattered now, was some food. She headed to the counter, and got herself some pancakes with a new flavour of jellyspread, a few pieces of Gaian exotic fruit, and some tea.

Sitting down at an empty table, she began to eat while looking around, making sure she made eye contact with other loners, maybe they would want to sit with her too.

((would they have "jelly spread" ? ))

Comment

Lt. Vincent Valentine

Vincent groaned at the pathetic light all over the base, he really had turned in too late last night, and there could be only one cure, half a dozen cups of coffee, be it the cheap machine stuff or the real expensive stuff.

"What would you like sir?" Vincent blinked and focused on the chef.

"Coffee, and lots of it." The chef grinned.

"Early morning training I assume?"
                        Vincent nodded. "And to eat?"

"Just anything, I'm not fussed. So long as it isn't to disturbingly coloured." That got a grin somehow. Turning he picked up the first cup of coffee added a little cold water and drank quickly as he walked to the table, finishing it off before sitting.

"Sorry I'm late sir, Hutchison held a visit to the shooting range which I couldn't refuse, and then I had to sort out something for Bellano."
                        He didn't mention the chief's problems, instead picking up a second cup and drank with a little less gusto. "I didn't even get the chance to pack, you know what it's like, you start doing one thing then a million things come up."

Last edited by Vincent; 16 March 2008, 02:43 AM. Reason: Oooops gender confusion, sorry MO
                        "I once thought it better to be right
                        But now I have finally seen the light
                        Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                        I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                        Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

"So should I need an over night bag?" She queried.

Astra finished off her drink. She then sorted their rubbish, and put them in the bin, and then put the trays away. She brought back a bannana, sat down in her chair, and started eating.

"So, what do you do for fun outside of work?" Astra asked John.

"I already had the armory prepare five bag for us, just in case it last through the night.

"Outside of work, not really much. My work is fun...."
                          He smiled, "Now I sound like a Dr. Jackson or Col. Carter."

"Excuse me. I'm Dr Mohinder Suresh. You must be Dr Owen. Pleased to meet you. Good Morning." He said in shy tone, but also kind of cheery one while nodding to both Ezekiel and Owen. This was a new experience under a certain point of view and Mohinder always liked a good challenge. He placed his backpack on the back of the chair beside Johnathan and took a sit on it.

John looked up to see Suresh standing there than had a seat, "Welcome Dr. good to see you up and made it alright. We are still waiting on a couple of members. Have a seat they should be here soon."

"Sorry I'm late ma'am, Hutchison held a visit to the shooting range which I couldn't refuse, and then I had to sort out something for Bellano." He didn't mention the chief's problems, instead picking up a second cup and drank with a little less gusto. "I didn't even get the chance to pack, you know what it's like, you start doing one thing then a million things come up."
                          John extended his hand to the Lt. "Don't worry about it, I won't hold it against you, besides I still haven't yet from a sgt. to see what exactly we will be doing this morning." He took a sip of his coffee, "A late night at the shooting range sorry I missed it. Don't worry about packing the armory should have five packs ready for us to go."

((Hey vincent- just a question from the way your post read, are you calling John a ma'am or are you referring to Astra.))
                          sigpic

Comment

how can I learn how to play?

Comment

Originally posted by pulsar View Post
                              how can I learn how to play?
                              PM sent.

Comment

"Already preplanned, eh? Its not a bad way to go," she said to John. "Nah that doesn't sound too much like Col. Carter or Dr. Jackson. I'm probably just the same. Though I do enjoy archery and a good game of cricket, not the bug, the game of cricket. But I wouldn't really have a clue where to practice my archery here. I do like to sing a bit and if I had my guitar I'd probably play on the too."

"Hey, Lt. Valentine," Astra greeted.

"So how are you, Dr. Suresh? Are you looking forward to spending sometime off Base?" Astra asked Mohinder. She was curious to get to know Mohinder.

(He might be refering to Astra I think. Would sound silly if he was calling John a Ma'am.)
                                sigpic
                                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Working...
                                X