No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a quick glance at Gaius for permission, Micon brought the plate of fruit, the pitcher and more cups over to the table with Martha.
    He was careful to sit across from her, not wishing to unnecessarily annoy the other Aran her age. Smiling at Mira, he picked some small red berries from their stems and laid them in front of her. Popping one into his own mouth, he smacked his lips, "These are good. Sweet and cold."

Dexius Micon - Herald and Messenger
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

After all the kids that wanted to go had left Tom decided to answer the Colonel's question. "Sir there were many battles on land and space. Hera brought 4 Motherships with her to our homeworld. We had 1 month notice before she arived and in that time we managed to obtain Hyperspace drive designs and using Naquadria that was found in very limited in a dirty form that took 2 weeks to purify enough to use and another week and a half to integrate into the hyperdrives we had to design. We equpied it onto 8 of our fighters. We only had time to do one test flight and were only able to keep a hyperspace window open for about 90 seconds at a time which could actualy let us travel half the distance of our solar system. We also figured that we could aford 3 full burns before the Hyperspace Drive would reach Cridical. Based on calculations we figured a 5 second burn of a hyperdrive engine would get our ships inside the shileds. When the ships arived we launced all the FA-92s togeather and kept the special ones stay protected till a similtanious point. At that point all 8 FA-92s made breaks towards their ships." This is where Tom had to stop and take a deep breath before continuing. "The designations were Arows 1-8. Three of the ships exploded on hyperspace ignitionthat was Arows 1,3, and 4. Arow two was destroyed by gliders but Arows 5-8 all hit their marks destroying two of the goa'uld motherships. Hera then started attacking citys from space. Using our regular fighters we kept the gliders that enetered the atmosphere busy. We also gave a huge fights on the ground keepign teh stargate and other crucial areas busy during evacuations. Finaly though there was nothing left really to defend. At one point they dialed onto Ara and we lost the stargate building and our group here," tom said motioning to the aran's, "were taken prisoner. Hera had me watch as both ships left orbit and thats the last i saw until our escape."
      Tom's bio

Comment

[Martha Khones/Mira]

Martha tasted one of the red fruits that Micon had placed on the table before allowing Mira to eat one. They were very good. She gave Micon a shy smile and took another bite of one of the sandwiches.

"Sweet 'n' cold." Mira giggled as she tried the fruit that the older girl had handed her, echoing the strange boy's words.

After the toddler had finished eating Martha helped her clean off her face and hands before returning her attention to Micon. "How old are you, Micon? You don't look much more older than me and Trent, but you seem to have such an important job." She asked in an effort to be friendly with the Roman boy.
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Micon sat up a little straighter, proud that the Tribune trusted him even after his father had stained the honor of the Dexius name.
          "Not that important," made light of his job, "I run errands for the Tribune. Abbas always said I had a big mouth, so I'm learning to be a herald, too."
          Watching Mira looking around, he reached into his belt pouch and pulled out a small rubber half ball. "Here, watch," he laid it face down on the table and pushed down the dome, "Watch close now. It'll jump."
          He turned to Martha, "I've seen 13 Festivals, that's old enough to start learning a trade. How about you?"
          With a small pop, the half ball jumped a few inches into the air and bounced on table.

sigpic

Comment

[Martha Khones/Mira]

Martha was greatful for Micon's help in keeping the younger Mira entertained. It gave her a chance to finish processing all of her own thoughts without having to worry about the toddler getting into any trouble. "I've only seen 12 Festivals. It's old enough that many of the women request my aid in simple tasks around the villiage, but not quite old enough to start a formal apprenticeship. Of course, I expect that now, I'll be trained to do the household work, and never be educated like I should have been on Ara." Martha told the boy with a small hint of sadness as she continued to watch Mira out of the corner of her eye.

With a gasp, Mira jumped away from the strange object that the Roman had shown her, but when she realized that it wasn't dangerous, she happily giggled to herself and reached out to play with the odd half ball.
            Dear Journal
            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"I don't know about that," Micon disagreed, "I hear the Tau'ri really push for education for everyone. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you won't get schooling."
              Smiling at Mira, he showed her again how to make the ball work. "You put it like this and push down on the middle. It'll pop back up for you."

sigpic

Comment

[Martha Khones/Mira]

Martha bit her lip nervously as she pondered Micon's words. She knew that he had more knowledge of the Tau'ri people than she did, but something still puzzled her about the whole thing. "But what influence would the Tau'ri have on my people? Do you really think they would have us stay here? I've heard my people talking, Tom and the other adults. They want to start re-building. But I have to wonder if this is really where they want to do that." Martha wished that now, more than ever before, she had her mom to sit by her side and tell her that everything would be alright. Knowing that wasn't possible, Martha swallowed hard and tried to distract herself by sipping some water.

Meanwhile, Mira had finally discovered the secret to making the popping ball work the way that she wanted it to. "Lookie!" She cried softly to Martha, eager to show the older girl what she had learned.

Martha forced a brave smile to show on her face as she watched the toddler play. "I see it. That's very good, Mira." She cast a catious glance toward the adults at the other end of the mess just to make sure that Mira's excited giggles hadn't traveled too far. She was relieved to see that they were all engaged in their own conversation, and weren't paying any attention to them at the moment.
                Dear Journal

Comment

Sharp nodded at Jeff's words. Similar to what Colonel O'Neill did back on earth.. he recalled. Although the story was very nice, and Sharp was impressed with the civilization- this still didn't solve their problem. What were they supposed to do now?

Sharp thanked Jeff, and looked around the table. "And so you escaped, no doubt, with the help of our Roman friends...and now your here, with women and children. As Gaius might know, our commander, General Blue, is on leave, and I am only temporary head of this base. I cannot promise you full stay, however, I understand that the romans are unable to receive you. There are two towns, Foreston and Riverton, who could take the women and children, and we could certainly find a place for a capable warrior among us." He glanced at Jeff.
                  "Though we must wait until the general gets back for the decision to be final, are there any questions?"
                  sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                    [Martha Khones/Mira]

Spoiler:
                    Martha bit her lip nervously as she pondered Micon's words. She knew that he had more knowledge of the Tau'ri people than she did, but something still puzzled her about the whole thing. "But what influence would the Tau'ri have on my people? Do you really think they would have us stay here? I've heard my people talking, Tom and the other adults. They want to start re-building. But I have to wonder if this is really where they want to do that." Martha wished that now, more than ever before, she had her mom to sit by her side and tell her that everything would be alright. Knowing that wasn't possible, Martha swallowed hard and tried to distract herself by sipping some water.

Meanwhile, Mira had finally discovered the secret to making the popping ball work the way that she wanted it to. "Lookie!" She cried softly to Martha, eager to show the older girl what she had learned.

Martha forced a brave smile to show on her face as she watched the toddler play. "I see it. That's very good, Mira." She cast a catious glance toward the adults at the other end of the mess just to make sure that Mira's excited giggles hadn't traveled too far. She was relieved to see that they were all engaged in their own conversation, and weren't paying any attention to them at the moment.
                    Micon said with assurance, "If the Tribune didn't think the Tau'ri would help, he wouldn't have brought you here."
                    He tapped on his armor, "They helped us and we were the one's who attacked them. The Jaffa say that they're strange that way. They defeat an enemy and, instead of wiping them out, lift them back up."
                    He laid his hand on the table between them, "If they'll do that for an enemy, what will they do for a friend? Hmmm?"

sigpic

Comment

[Martha Khones]

Martha listened closely to Micon's words. The whole situation was still a little puzzling for her. Why would anyone want to destroy another civilization? War never had seemed logical to her. But she knew that the Roman boy was right. She nodded her head thoughtfully after a long minute, and gave him a tight smile. "You do have a good point. But I wouldn't call them strange for doing what they do. It's more like they're just trying to show us the way that everyone should be if we were in a perfect time. I guess that some things are not meant for us to truely understand, just for us accept and try to improve." The insight went beyond her years, but so did everything that she had experienced in recent memory.
                      Dear Journal

Comment

[ Dr. James Parkers - Mess ]

James spied the entrance to the Mess however then noticed two SFs taking their place outside. Sighing he approached them,

"Am I allowed to enter the mess?"

One of the SFs looked to the other and replied,
                        "Im sorry sir, but the Mess is currently off limits." James pulled a face,

"Could you perhaps..." He let his words hang in the air whilst considering the next, "Pop into the kitchen and pick me up some food? My friend and I are currently waiting on news of a friend of ours in the infirmary..." He hoped this might persuade them. He could sense one of them weakening, he was right.

"Hmm, I'll head into the kitchens. But this won't be long."

James nodded thankfully and told him the food he required. The SF dissapeared into the kitchens but returned minutes later bearing food. Nodding profusely James took it and thanked him.

-->Infirmary
                        Last edited by Hulabaloo; 24 January 2008, 10:16 AM.
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

"Of course sir, I understand your posistion as temporary comander." Tom said taking a deep breath and finaly sitting down not sure what else to say. All he could think to do was take a bite of a sandwhich that was actualy pretty good.
                          Tom's bio

Comment

<quarters>

Rachael walked off the elevator, and approached the mess hall. But was stopped by an SF.

"Sorry Doctor, but the mess hall is closed for the time being. We have a group of refugees." He said.

"Oh, okay." Rachael said, "Guess the lounge would be a good place to go. I know there are snacks in there." She turned around on her heels and walked back to the elevator and hit the button for sublevel for sublevel 5.

<To lounge>

sigpic
                            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                              [Martha Khones]

Spoiler:
                              Martha listened closely to Micon's words. The whole situation was still a little puzzling for her. Why would anyone want to destroy another civilization? War never had seemed logical to her. But she knew that the Roman boy was right. She nodded her head thoughtfully after a long minute, and gave him a tight smile. "You do have a good point. But I wouldn't call them strange for doing what they do. It's more like they're just trying to show us the way that everyone should be if we were in a perfect time. I guess that some things are not meant for us to truely understand, just for us accept and try to improve." The insight went beyond her years, but so did everything that she had experienced in recent memory.
                              "The Goa'uld believe that the only way to treat an enemy is to grind them under their heel until they quit. Generations of Jaffa, and Romans, have had that preached to us. It is an odd concept. They may be strange," he grinned, "but I guess it's a good kind of strange."
                              He looked over to where the leaders were talking, "Good for us, good for you, and probably good for them. Why else would they do it? I'm not going to complain though."

sigpic

Comment

Sharp took a large breath and then blew it back out. No questions..., "Well, I guess that's it then. Feel free to enjoy the wonderful food prepared by our very own intergalacticly acclaimed chef." He stood up. "And, again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask."

And with that he backed a step away from the table and turned, summoning an airmen over.
                                "Airman, could you please find out where the General is at this moment...who ever is in his office should know."

Stepping out for a minute, the airman came back and reported that the General was in Foreston. Oh, good. Maybe I can call him in a little bit about the refugees, and he can talk to Mayor Goodwin. And with that, he dismissed the airman, making his way back to the table, finding himself next to Jeff.

"So, captain,"
                                He said, remembering the man's alien rank. "What did you do specifically back on your planet, what was your specialty?"
                                sigpic
                                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X