No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David looked at James, puzzled slightly at what the other had just said. "Mine? I just told you. I'm stuck!" Since he had finished with his meal, David stood up. "I'm going to go back to the lab. You're free to join me or not, if you've other things to do, I won't hold that against you!" The linguist smiled at his colleague, dumped his tray at the counter and left the mess.

<<To Linguistics Lab>>

Comment

[ Dr. James Parkers - Mess ]

James bid goodbye to the linguist and took a few more bites of his food. It was tasty and he finished it. Then he also finished his tea and then cleared th table.
      Deciding to head back to the lab, he left the mess.

-->Linguistics Lab
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

<Mess Hall>

“Well from what I hear there will be a full investigation of the situation.” Holland said as they walked into the mess hall.

“I will let them know if I here anything but I know most of the women under me, they wouldn’t take anything like that.” Rachael said as she walked through the line and got her self just a simple lunch consisting of a turkey sandwich a bag of chips some fruit and a can of cherry coke.

Holland just got the special of the day, lemon chick with mashed potatoes and gravy, than grabbed a mug and filled it up with coffee. They both took a seat across from each other, Holland look at Rachael and saw the still subtle hints of the scar on her forehead, it was healing nicely but she would still have a faint scar for a long while.

Rachael put her laptop next to her on the table and opened it up staring at the video and other text information on the shield technology the joint SG1&3 brought back from the AU. She than looked up and Holland, “So what did you want to talk with me about.”

Holland finished swallowing the food he had in his mouth, “Right, I have been meaning to schedule a meeting with you about the repair work. I know most of it is complete now, just a few loose ends that need to be finished.”

Rachael smiled at Holland, “James what is it come on spit it out, you didn’t just want to talk to me about the base.”

James laughed at himself, “No, I wanted to... how can I put this?”

“Is this by any chance having to do with what happened in the gym last night, with a couple of yours and mine engineering staff and gossiping?” Rachael began, “And my name being mentioned along with a former Major.”

How did you hear about that? Holland asked.

“The Major who got slightly irritated at them was John my brother. Needless to say he found out about my relationship not in quite the way I wanted him to.” Rachael said smiling, “This base is way to small, no one on this base is going to be able to hold a, how should I put this quite relationship with out the whole base knowing in a day or so. With some probably less,” Rachael said, thinking about Kylie and Devin. ‘He should have been more discrete he is a department head.’ She took a few bites of her sandwich and sat in silence.

“I should have known you would find out,” James said, “Can I ask is it serious?”

Rachael smiled, “I don’t know right now, besides he isn’t on the base anymore he left for Foreston. I am not real sure how that is going to affect our lives. I could always ask you if there are any prospects for your future?” She chuckled at the look on his face, “But I won’t ask for an answer.”

Holland shook his head at Rachael, he finished his food, “I have to go finish up a few reports and over see a few more projects. I will talk with you more later, Rachael.” He stood up, “Stay out of trouble.”

Rachael smiled, “Me get into trouble never.” Holland just shook his head and walked off, leaving Rachael alone sitting at the empty table.

Rachael looked up from the lunch table, it was early afternoon about 3, she stared back at her laptop. She had by now been there for about an hour. So she gather her tray up and put it away than walked back and got her laptop.

She walked toward the door and exited heading straight for the elevator and up to the Science lab to her office. She stood in the elevator for just about a minute than the doors opened and she walked out.

<To Office- in Science lab>

Last edited by max_omega; 28 December 2007, 09:11 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

(Yay, I get to post...of course I haven't really caught up anywhere else..)

Sharp was about to get up when he forced himself to stay put.
          Off duty. he reminded himself. Even if its your choice you should get some R&R
          "See ya later." He said to Vincent as he sat there and continued to eat his pancakes. He looked around. Sure was busy, and it looked as if they had moved on to serving lunch. He opened his ears up to the ambient noise of indecipherable voices. Is it usually this busy?

He got up and put his tray away, taking a last sip of his chocolate milk.

<<To somewhere I don't know yet>>
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

((I already had an airman catch Sharp outside of his quarters Blue ))
            sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

[From Armory]

Hutchinson and Andrews entered the mess hall, and upon seeing the majority of tables filled, decided to grab their food to go. As they entered the line, Airman Lindbergh recognized Hutchinson and quickly fetched a large carafe of Arabian Mocha Sanani when he heard they were taking their meals "to go".

Filling his plate with healthy portions of bacon and pancakes, and grabbing a small pitcher of syrup, Larry accepted the coffee from Lindbergh with a sincere "Thank You."

Andrews grabbed similar size portions, and dealt with the ribbing he expected from the line cooks, as he usually got his food to go so he could work in the armory on other tasks.

The two men headed back to the armory with their meals without further incident.

[to armory]

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[Random Airman]

And airman walked into the mess, making his way around the counter and finding Swanson.

"Chief Master Sergeant." He said, standing at attention.
                Swanson turned around from taste testing some off world spices.
                "Yes?"
                "Colonel Sharp has requested that I let you know he expects the mess hall cleared in twenty minutes."
                Swanson nodded. "Any idea why?"
                "Some refugees just came from off world, about fifteen of them."
                The chef nodded again. "Thanks airman."
                "Sure Chief." The airman said nodding, and returning to his post.

Henry walked out from behind the counter and let out a loud whistle - much like Sharp did.

"Ok everyone! Mess hall is closed in twenty minutes, so finish up eatin!"
                Satisfied, Swanson turned around, and went back to tasting his alien spices.
                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

((Elevator from level 6 quarters))

"So, Harper, what's your speciality? Mine's Engineering and Mechanics." "US Navy."

James smiled and tapped his service patch, "Air Force" he muttered. "Im a bit of an odd one, my speciality is Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape. Perfect for these sort of assignments" he said.
                  But before he could enter the Mess and ask the Gunnery Sergeant what her trade was, he saw people walking out of the mess. Stopping with his two companions, he asked someone walking past;
                  "Whats going on?"
                  The crewman shrugged, "We just got told to clear out." and he walked away.
                  James turned to the females, "What now?"
                  Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

"Son of a B," Kym burst out, "This is a god-awful place to shut down this time of day."
                    She walked in anyway, "Let's see if we can get something to go. We can take it to the Lounge and eat there."
                    The woman strode boldly to the counter and addressed the man behind it, "Derek, we need 3 'to go' meals."
                    "But, but," the youngster stuttered, "The Colonel said we had to close down. He's bringing a group of refugees here."
                    Kym shook her head and tapped the counter, "3 meals to go, Derek. If you hurry, we won't be here when the Colonel shows up."
                    The mess attendant looked at Chief Swanson. "I don't...."
                    "Do it," Swanson came over and took out some covers for the dishes, "They're still in the Infirmary."
                    Kym gave him a brilliant smile, "Thank you, Chief. Just for that, I'm going to turn you on to a supplier for wonderful baked goods. If nothing else, you all can swap recipes."
                    The woman moved down the line rapidly, pointing out items she wanted. "C'mon gang, load up if you're going to eat."
                    You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

"Aye, aye, Captain," Ryn grinned at Tyler, and hurried to grab a tray and a plate. She got herself a plate full of pasta (the variety and sauce that Tyler'd mentioned before), some veggie soup, bread, a bottle of water, and as a treat a dessert. It just happened to be chocolate mousse, something she could never resist.

"I'm done! Thanks Chief." She grinned to Swanson, then went to stand outside the mess to wait for the others, balancing her tray in her hands.

Comment

Kym motioned Harper to move it and make his picks. She surveyed her tray, checking her choices and mumbling to herself, "Pasta alfredo, 'chicken', string beans, chocolate mousse, a couple of cookies for later. I can get hot water in the lounge and I've already got the teabag."
                        She smiled at Swanson and Derek, "Thank you, guys. I'll be back later with the name and contact info on the baker."
                        The woman put an empty cup on her tray and joined Ryn by the door.
                        sigpic

Comment

James walked up to the counter and looked a the food - he wasn't really hungry, he'd just asked to tag along so he could get to know people. Grabbing a bottle of water and an apple, he shoved them both into his pockets. On his way back towards the door, he noticed the jello and quickly helped himself to some of the blue variety and then walked to the door, spooning some into his mouth.
                          "So," he asked as he got outside, his mouth full of jello, "Which way to the lounge?"
                          Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Kym looked at his empty hands held back a smile. "Level 5. More quarters and the lounge."
                            She started toward the elevator, "Personally, I wouldn't take quarters on that level. It gets noisy on movie night."

<< to Lounge >>
                            sigpic

Comment

<<From Infirmary>>

Sharp lead the group down the hall and to the mess. Seeing it empty or nearly empty, he walked into the center of the room, "All right people," he got the base personals attention, as he raised his voice so everyone could hear him, "Clear out."

Hearing few making fast exits he smiled and chuckled softly. Once the room was empty, "Now let's get started," he gestured to the chairs as he placed his laptop on the table and waited for most to start taking seats. So they could being the briefing.

The food, he noted was already placed on another table.

Colonel Chris Sharp

His second stunt double

Comment

Justinius held out chairs for the ladies to be seated. Micon, after a second, hurried over and held the chair for Martha.
                                Trying not to stutter, he offered, "May I get you something before the meeting starts?"
                                Gaius smiled to himself and made the same offer to the adult ladies. With a look, he brought two of his Legionaires over to help. The other two stood out in the hall on either side of the doorway to stop anyone from entering.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X