No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claire poured the coffee as she ignored the glare out of Henry. She needed the drink to keep her going. Giving the sugar a good stir and placed the used teaspoon in the small container that was provided.

She turned on her heels and nearly past the group she had been sitting with. Hearing Sharps words she rolled her eyes, then stopped behind Sharp's right shoulder at Foster's words, giving a chuckle that sound more suited to her old man than her, she gestured to the Colonel, with her mug, "Fat and cholesterol aren't exactly in his vocabulary," she told Tim with a hint of musing in her voice.

With another shake of her head, she noticed the bunny slippers. Great, she grumbled silently, then with another nod to the table she walked off.

<< To Quarters>>

Comment

Tim almost choked at his juice, and felt a small blush on his cheeks on her behalf when Claire dropped by and made a comment like that. Sure, the regular members of the SG-teams had a tendency to be very tight and relaxed with each other, but making comments like that in front of your CO!
      He shook his head, and watched Claire walk away.
      ‘Wow, got to look out for getting to close to her that might definitely not look good a service record’

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
        "Really?" she asked in a bit of aloof visage. "What did Bellano do to get there? Besides I wasn't aware that she was planning on going on a zatting spree. Not with a way her cheeks went red," exhaling deeply "I doubt she would zat me."
        Lt. Vincent Valentine

Vincent sighed,

"You mean what didn't Bellano do. I'm sure you know what the chief is like."
        he paused, "And I would count on that, she was pretty embarrassed after Bellano's comment,"

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
        "Mornin."
        Vincent looked up at Sharp,

"Morning. Manage to get much sleep last night?" he studied the Colonel's features, and more importantly his choice of footware.

That'll be a no then

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
        "Sir," she gave him a acknowledged nod, "If you gentlemen excuse me, I got some work to get done,"
        Vincent looked at Davis, then to Sharp, then back to Davis, remembering the events of last night, but kept stum.

"See you." he turned back to Sharp.

Sharp grinned at the comment. "You know it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." He shoved some bacon in his mouth and helped it down with some chocolate milk. "And the tastiest. Well..." He frowned, "Lunch is good too, mostly junk food, but dinner is the best; big hunks of meat, potatoes, carrots...however the pancakes are delicious." Unsure of what to say next he ate some more bacon. "I guess food is just good in general..."
        "Seen plenty of people go without breakfast, none of whom do as well during the day." no hint of an amuse smile crossed his features, though a frown did at Davis' comment, he would have kicked her for real this time.

No wonder there's so much on her mind if she keeps making comments like that.

"I once thought it better to be right
        But now I have finally seen the light
        Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
        I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
        Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

"Morning. Manage to get much sleep last night?" he studied the Colonel's features, and more importantly his choice of footware.
          "Much sleep...sure." he said shrugging. "As much as I wanted? Pft." He rolled his eyes and laughed after Claire's comment and turned to her as she walked away.
          "Hey! At least I'm confident in my self-image!" he called back.

Turning back to the table he saw awe on people's faces. Did I say something?
          "What?"
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

[ Dr. James Parkers - Mess ]

James watched with amusement as Col. Sharp entered the mess and chose some food, he smiled to himself when he noticed the slippers that now adorned the Colonels feet. Then, suddenly the bunnyfied Colonel approached the table James sat at and took a seat. Not finding anywhere to look James focused his attention on the tea in his mug, and realised it was almost empty.
            He caught the tailend of the conversation as he returned to the table he added his thoughts and decided to be brave,

"I take it you didn't sleep well sir." James took a sip of his tea and leant back in his chair.
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
              Astra polished off her breakfat and downed the last of her tea.

"I'm not to worried about the bugs and stuff, as long as they're not trying to eat me or anything like that," she said laughing.

"Have fun talking to the General about getting a humvee. He seems a nice enough guy. I'm sure he wouldn't wan't you walking all that way to Foreston on crutches and have the nurses go crook at him about it later," she said grinning. "I'm sure he'll let you borrow a humvee."

"Have a great time with Devin, just relax and enjoy yourself! You're lucky to go to Foreston with somebody," she said, smilling.

"I plan to head to the labs now and take a fresh look at what I've been doing on the translations. Then later on I may take a break and head to the shooting range or to the gym to take a break from it."
              Kylie smiled at Astra's well wishes. "Thanks. I'm sure Devin and I will have a wonderful time, if we can ever manage to get there. Not so sure that the General will be willing to make an exception to his 'emergency use only' rule, but I really hope so. And if not....." Kylie shrugged and her voice trailed off. She really hoped that she didn't have to find out how she was going to react if she couldn't find a way to get off the base with Devin for a couple days.

Kylie nodded her head as Astra announced her intentions for the rest of the morning. "That sounds like a good idea to me. I'd better try to get the General's office before everyone else does." She glanced at her watch and realized that she had already spent longer talking to Astra than what she had intended.

Dear Journal
              My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

John looked up to see Rachael's smiling face, "Morning, sis. Did you sleep well?"

"As well as one can given the well converstation last night, although I did sleep through most of the night." Rachael said, she looked down at her plate of food, she was hungry but didn't really have much of an appetite. She finally decided to take a few bites of her the fruit.

John looked at her and shook his head, "What is it, Rach? Is there something else you aren't telling me?" He asked.

"No, nothing else to tell you." She responded as she took a drink of her coffee.

"I swear you drink to much of that stuff." John said as he took a drink, "But than agian what to I expect look at our parnets, mom and dad both lived on this stuff."

"Yeah it scares me sometimes how much i am like them. Both of them." She said as she began to pick at her food.

"Seriously, what is wrong? You aren't pregnant are you?" John asked in a half serious half not tone.

"God no," Rachael said, "its just I don't know life. It just sort of hit me all at once." She said than looked away from him and around the room, she glanced down at Colonel Sharps pink bunny slippers. "Do you miss them John?"

"Every second of every day, i miss them." John said, "Its always going to be there, that feeling like a part of you is missing. But you may have just found a replacement part, it may not feel exactly the same. Nevertheless you have to move on."

Rachael looked at John, and watched as he ate some of his food to cover up the saddness in his face, "Sorry I shouldn't of asked that here."

"Don't be, everyone has lost so much in such a short period of time. We all have to move on, you are doing that, and don't for a second think twice about it. You deserve to be happy, and if George makes you happy." John stopped, "I do understand why you didn't tell me, and I wish I had not found out the way that I did but that is all in the past. I want to be there for you okay."

"Do you ever regret taking this job?" She asked.

"Not for one second," John said as he continued to eat. Rachael smiled at him and sat in silence for several minutes.
                sigpic
                Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Turning back to the table he saw awe on people's faces. Did I say something?
                  "What?"
                  Tim listened to the word exchange with a bemused look on his face, and then turned towards Sharp and shrugged
                  “Oh, nothing, but if I may say so sir, I just find your way of dealing with a subordinate officer that talks back to you like that a bit…” He winced a little “… unorthodox. Not necessary wrong…just different.”
                  ‘Gee, I don’t believe I just said that to the 2IC of this place, but what is done is done…’

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

"Good luck with the General," Astra said smiling.

She put their rubbish in the bin, and then put their trays away. Astra sat back down in her seat.

"Well, I'm going to head off to the lab and work on that text. If you want me to do anything for you while you're are away let me know and I'll give you a hand with it," Astra said.I'll see you in a bit."

Astra got up, gave Kylie's shoulder a gentle squeeze and headed off to the linguists labs determined to crack the Ancient text.

<<to linguist labs>>
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                    My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Lt. Vincent Valentine

Vincent was unsurprised by Sharp's comment,

"Shame Bellano isn't here, he'd add some comment about 'Sharp being unorthodox all the time' or something like that." even with his lack of humor he could tell the supposed joke wasn't funny at all. "Talking of Bellano, what happened to him after the stuff in the halls? He's not the kind of person I can imagine missing sleep without a good reason, or party."

Last edited by Vincent; 18 November 2007, 02:23 PM. Reason: You'll never guess ~.~
                      "I once thought it better to be right
                      But now I have finally seen the light
                      Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                      I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                      Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Kylie gave Astra a friendly smile as she watched the other linguist leave the mess hall. "Yeah, I'll talk to you later." She confirmed. There was no point in sitting around the mess hall any longer, so she simply finished the last of the coffee with one big gulp, and started to hobble towards the doors. Like it or not, it was time to face the General and find out if she would really get to go to Foreston or not. She still wasn't comfortable trying to navigate the stairs with her leg, so simply stood and waited for the elevator.

**********************************************************

CJ walked into the mess hall a short time later, grabbed a muffin, exchanged a few words with a couple of the airmen who were standing in line next to her, and headed back out. She had a big day ahead of her, and that usually left no time to sit and enjoy a luxious breakfast. She did notice that several members of the flagship team had gathered to do just that, and almost laughed aloud when she saw Colonel Sharp's bunny slippers. The second in command of the base never ceased to amaze her, but his position alone demanded enough respect that she would never take advantage of a humorous situation such as this one. No doubt he had had a late night. She vvaugely remembered hearing soem going off late yesterday evening, but had nknown that if her services were needed, she would be paged.

She smiled again to herself as she headed out the door. It was time to get back to work, but first there was a small side trip that she had to make to the infimary to check on Margret.

<<To Science Labs via infirmary>>

Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 18 November 2007, 04:33 PM.
                        Dear Journal
                        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

<< From Ladies Locker Room >>

Natasha finished climbing the stairs to the Mess Hall level and looking at her wrist watch knew she was in time for her appointment with Rachel. She passed in front of the elevator in order to get to the Mess Hall. A woman on crutches that she didn't recognize at all seemed to be waiting for it. She approached the woman slowly, she seemed to be in some discomfort.

A few eyes, whose owners were transiting the hallways, fixed their gaze her way at her choice of clothes. They weren't the usual military BDU's she was so used to wear day in and day out since rejoining the base. All the Foreston mental influence made her pick civvies for the day. Her outfit, which consisted of a pair of dark jeans, a red wine shirt in a soft wrinkled cloth and black leather shoes with laces. It was a nice outfit overall, but a little inappropriate for walking around the base. Her hair was free from the usual work braid and falling over her shoulders.

"Hey, do you need some help to get somewhere?" She asked Kylie as she converged to her position while giving her a smile.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 18 November 2007, 05:09 PM.
                          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Kylie continued to wait impatiently for the elevator doors to open, but the sudden movement of someone out of the corner of her eyes caught her attention instead. She blinked a few times, not believing her own eyes, but the figure was still there nonetheless. There was no mistaking it now. Nat had just walked into the mess hall, and was standing directly in front of her. There was still a small chance that she could be wrong, but the woman had the same eyes and looked so much like the one that had called herself Nat, and had visited Kylie in the infirmary.

The linguist took a deep breath and returned the woman's kind smile. She felt just as comfortable around Nat now as she had back in the infirmary, but just the same, her voice was cautious as she greeted the other woman. "Nat? Hi. I didn't expect to see you in here." She knew that it was a lame greeting, but she had to say something to the woman that already knew so much about her.

Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 18 November 2007, 05:16 PM.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

Natasha watched with attention Kylie's body language. She didn't know why the other woman seemed to recognize her. She was agitated at first and then just cautious, but at the same time comfortable with the situation. Kylie was certainly an interesting person. Natasha thought best to disarm her before talking any further.

"I don't bite, you know. You know my name....?" She asked in a friendly and a bit out there tone with an equally friendly smile, putting her rebellious unrestrained hair behind her ear.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 18 November 2007, 05:33 PM.
                              Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Kylie felt herself relax even further the longer that she was around Nat. She had no idea why the other woman could have that effect on people, but she did for whatever reason.

Kylie froze as she recognized the signs that she had seen so often in other people at times. Nat didn't know who she was. Kylie's mind raced with the possibilities. It was obvious that although this was the same Nat she had spoken to in the infirmary, it wasn't the same form of Nat. If Kylie's theory about Nat being a mythical empath was true, then that would mean that this Nat was the true, real Nat, not empathic form. And obviously, she had no recollection of their earlier visit. Should she find a way to lie to the woman? Did she even know what her own mind was capable of when her back was turned? Kylie hesitated before answering, but when she did, her voice was sure and firm. "Yes, Nat. I know your name. In fact, I probably know a little more about you than you would like me too." Kylie looked around to be sure that no one else was within hearing distance before continuing. "I know that you're an empath. Or at least, that's my theory for the moment. I've only read mythical stories about them, never actually met one before. But you, or at least a form of you came to visit me in the infirmary the other night." Kylie cut herself off, realizing that she had begun to babble and waited for the other woman's reaction.

Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X