Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Mary Irving-NPC]

Mary accepted Devin's help and nodded her thanks, still feeling somewhat reserved. She headed over to get some paper towels and a mop to clean the spilled coffee. She never did like leaving a mess for someone else to clean up. After the task was completed, she was ready to return to work. She returned the mop to the storage room and headed for the elevators.

<<To Infirmary>>
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Blue noticed Dr. Almodeus and Ms. Irving having a heated exchange. When the woman started to cry, he pushed back his chair.
      Cal grabbed his sleeve and pulled him down. "Don't. I know this isn't the most appropriate place but, they have to work out their problem somewhere."
      Reluctantly, Nick sat, "Old habits die hard. I have to keep telling myself we're not just a military base anymore. We're a village that happens to be underground."
      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

[Dr. Julianna Steele-NPC]

<<From Infirmary>>

The mess hall wasn't overly crowded as Julianna fixed a tray of food and sat down at an empty table in the corner. She sipped the broccolli and cheese soup slowly as she thought about the base personnel. In the infirmary, she had the rare chance to see many of them when they were at their weakest. She knew that the only reason that the base had survived for this long was due to the shear will power of those on it. But even that will power was starting to falter. People were getting antsy. They wanted, needed, more to do, to explore, to discover, some were falling in love, and others were invinting things that needed to be researched. She wasn't sure how much of it was due to the recent earthquake and how much was due to how long they had lived on Gaia. She sighed and took a final bite of turkey salad sandwich, threw away her trash and headed to get some sleep.

<<To Quarters>>
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

<From Quarters>

"Good thing there aren't many people here. If there was, I'd probably have done something to someone, 'cause I'm bloody hungry." Devin's tirade was barely audible to anyone whose ears weren't a few inches from his lips, and that was a good thing under the circumstances, during the times he was hungry, Devin's moods would tend to wildly fluctuate. Taking a tray from a stack, Devin selected what he wanted then sat down to eat. After all, it was best that he not be going through the emotional gamut when visiting Kylie, so taking the time to sit down and eat would be in his interest as well, and who knew, if he took long enough maybe it's be six by the time he was finished.

Comment

Adria got off the evlavator and wheeled her way into the mess hall. She hated this wheel chair but needed it. She got her food and looked for a table. After a few seconds of looking she saw Devin at a table by his self. Rolling her way over she pulled up to the table. "Want any company?" She asked.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

A bowl of chili and crackers, yummeh. Devin thought as he took his time eating. Reaching into the pouch/holster he kept looped around his shoulder, Devin looked at the time piece, its display read 5:37pm. Good, at this rate I need to take twenty more minutes before they'll let me in. Not bad I'd say, not bad at all. Replacing the time piece, Devin moved on to the sandwich on the table and munched away at it. After another round of food, Devin got up, put the trays he'd used away and headed for the elevator. It was just about time to be heading down stairs, there was a patient he was scheduled to see.

<To Infirmary>

Comment

Adria watched Dr. Devin Almodeus walk off in a hury. "Thanks for the talk. Man he has a one track mind." She said alound. Adria hated the wheel chair but decided to just stay in it while she ate.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Adria sat eating for a while before she remembered that she had asked that one nurse to call Racheal and ask her to go to Adria's room. With that she finished eating and started to wheel her way to the garbage where she threw away her leftovers and put the tray on top. Then she wheeled her way across the Mess Hall to the elavators which she took to her room.

<<Quarters>>

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Nick leaned back and stretched, he and Callista had been talking for so long that his back was getting stiff. Catching a glimpse of the clock, he muttered, "Bojemoi. We've been here for hours. Why didn't you stop my babbling?"
                    Cal checked her watch, surprised that so much time had gone by. "Because I like hearing about your family and how you grew up."
                    The man stood and pulled out Cal's chair, "I'm flattered that you find it so interesting but, we both have work to do."

<< to General's office >>
                    (( It feels so odd to use my default signature. ))
                    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                    sigpic

Comment

Adria walked into the Mess Hall with her cane leading the way. She walked through the line and grabbed a ham sandwhich and a bottle of water and found an empty table and sat down to eat. She had already forgot that Racheal's brother was soupose to meet her here.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

<<From Quarters>>

Kylie allowed Devin to push her out of the elevator and into the mess hall. She tried not to notice the one or two stares that were sent their way, and tried even harder to ignore the whispers that were exchanged. She had never cared what other people thought about her, nor about what was said behind her back, and she was determined not to start now. She chose a grilled chicken salad with fat free ranch dressing and french vanilla pudding for dessert from the line and then with a silent plee toward Devin, nodded her head in the direction of the coffee bar. If she went too much longer without getting some coffee into her system, she was going to go crazy.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

((I beat your post by a full minute, so it's my version that gets to stay. ))
                          Dear Journal

Comment

((*Waves hand* Why you must be mistaken, there was no post at all. ))

<From Quarters>

Pushing Kylie over to the coffee bar and balancing his tray in one hand at the same time, Devin's attention wasn't so taken that he didn't catch the occasional whisper floating into his ear. Watching Kylie get a cup of coffee, Devin said, "Never been one for coffee, well, not since before I blended with Jaa at any rate, caffine and symbiotes do not mix in my experience." Looking around, Devin released his hold on her chair and said, "I'll be right back." Moving quickly over to the intended table, Devin set his tray down, moved the chair across from his tray over to the end of the table and rushed back over to Kylie and pushed her into the empty spot. Then calmly, as if he hadn't just almost ran through the mess, Devin took a bite out of his sandwich and asked, "So, what was your college life like?"

Comment

Kylie sipped her coffee and sighed with contentment. "Well, college was an experience to say the least. I spent nearly all of my time studying. The few friends that I did have were academic ones. The other students that I helped to tutor, members of the various history, anthropology, and language clubs that I belonged to. And I already told you about Tommy, the ex-boyfriend that cheated on me. I guess you could say that I was basically a nerd. I went to a few parties, but everytime I started to drink, I also started to lecture about the uses of alcohol during the Roman Empire." She gave a short laugh. "I guess the only reason, they kept inviting me was the fact that I never turned down a dare." She laughed again remembering some of the stupid things she had done simply because someone had dared her to do it. "Let's see, what else....Oh, and I practically lived on coffee and cheese sandwiches. I really hated leaving." She got a far away look in her eyes for a moment, knowing that she didn't have to expand, Devin already knew where that story ended. "So, what about your college life?" she asked after a moment.
                              Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 02 July 2007, 08:25 PM.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

Devin smiled as he listened to Kylie's story. "So. I was right, you can't refuse anything when drunk. So now the trick is to actually get you to drink enough to be drunk." Then off in thought, Devin called up his memories of college, "Well, I was a pretty good- no- brilliant student, but most teachers dreaded having me around, while I got great results, any teacher that caught my ire would be on the receiving end of a very torturous series of pranks." Devin laughed, struggling to get the words out, "So one- one time I rigged a teacher's car with an ejector seat, so when he turned his car on, he was launched out the roof of the tanjed thing. Oh that was a riot, and they never did figure out who did it too." The memories of those days were good ones, "Oh, another time I built a pnumatic egg-gun using compressed air tanks, well, it was more like an artillery piece than a gun and some students and I staged a mock war using two of the buildings as barracks. Then, during my last year as a student, Steffson started going to school there and we made a lego model of the school's mascot's statue and swapped the two during the night." Sighing, and wiping a single tear from the corner of his eye, Devin said, "Good times."

Comment

Working...
                                X