No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((I go to the trouble of making this really nice and long post and what does GateWorld do? Eat it up of course.))

<From Infirmary>

"And how do you think I missed her, I mean I was ready to marry her for tanj-sake." Devin's voice was low, and he hadn't even bothered looking up from the point on the table he'd been staring at. "It took me a year just to get over her." It seems every single time something happens, I get all bloody emotional, what's happened to me? Why is this happening? Shaking his head, Devin turned his attention to the nurse, who'd been waiting for him to continue while he'd been monolouging, "And those first months were the hardest on me. I could barely go on with my daily life, it was a challenge just to function during that time, much less live my life." Making a face, Devin put his head in his arms, then after a few moments asked, "I know you two talked, I'd like to know about what."
    Last edited by Vampyr; 29 September 2007, 10:22 PM.

Comment

[Mary Irving-NPC]

"I'm sorry Devin. I wish I had been stronger and just been able to talk to you, but I wasn't. And there's no way I'll ever understand how much it hurt you. I've never lost anyone that I cared that deeply for. All I can do now is be your friend again, if you'll allow me. I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you before all this." Mary spoke the words as she tried to avoid getting all emotional herself. One emotional person at the table was enough. She was silent for a long moment after Devin asked his next question. She planned her answer carefully hoping that Devin would miss the fact that she was hiding something very important. "We talked some about her nightmares. I'm sure she's already told you everything that she told me about them. I happened to casually mention your name, and she asked me how I knew you, so I told her about being Katrina's would have been maid of honor. I talked some about the wedding plans that Katrina had made. I think that Kylie just wanted to hear my voice more than anything." Mary bit her tongue before she gave away too much of what was said during the long talk she had had with Kylie.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Oh." It wasn't much of a response and he knew it. Physicially, Devin had plenty of energy, but mentally he was beat, which was why he missed the fact Mary was hiding something and had to ask, "Was there anything specific you told her? Or was it just general stuff?"

Comment

[Mary Irving-NPC]

Mary panicked for a second, thinking that Devin had caught on to her, but relaxed when his expression told her that he was just curious. "It was more or less general, a few details, but nothing too specific." Mary held her breath, hoping that Devin had bought her explaination. She had never been the type of person to conceal the truth, but Devin would be really, really upset if he knew that she had told his second love his deepest secret. Or at least the deepest secret that she knew about him. I wonder if Katrina even told him that she told me. He may not even know that I know! The thought troubled Mary, but she hid it well, giving an appearence of outward calmness. "Why do ask? Did Kylie say something?" She probably shouldn't have said anything, but she had to know if he suspected anything. Mary, be careful. Afterall, this is rape that we're talking about. If it had happened to you, you wouldn't have wanted anyone to tell the man that you loved before you had a chance to tell him.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Arcghing an eyebrow as he looked up, Devin stared intently at Mary for several seconds, then said simply, "Say it." The pause when Mary had panicked was enough to have tipped him off. There's something she isn't telling me, he thought, though his expression betrayed the fact that he wasn't as sure due to his slow state.

Comment

[Mary Irving-NPC]

"Say what?" Mary asked cautiously, testing the waters a bit to see if Devin really knew that she was leaving something out of the story. She pretended to be indifferent for a few moments, she looked at her watch, at the wall, anywhere, but at Devin's face. When he didn't respond, she met his gaze across the table, breaking her resolve to keep her secret. "You're not going to like this." She took another moment to gather her courage, then spoke rapidly and quietly. "I told Kylie about you getting raped." She managed to speak a little louder as she continued to ramble on, speaking quicker with each word. "I'm sorry Devin, I was only trying to help her by letting her know that lots of people had terrible things happen in their childhoods, and I just let it slip. Please don't be mad. Katrina had to confide in me when she couldn't handle keeping it to herself any longer. I'm sorry, Devin, just please don't hate me or Kylie for this, please. I asked her not to tell you that she knew. To let you tell her in your own way. I went behind your back and revealed something so personal. I'm sorry." She looked down at the table finally falling silent. She rose and mumbled another apology and something about having to get back to work.
              Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 01 June 2007, 06:56 PM.
              Dear Journal

Comment

((Note to self, remember to check for new pages.))

"Bakayaro!" Devin cursed, "You told her what? And you knew this how exactly?" Devin was flumoxed, the only connection Mary'd had to him, the only possible way she could know, short of being psychic was that Katrina'd told her. "Kat told you, that's the only way you could know. But what I ask you, what, could possibly have motivated you to tell? I mean, et, at..." His last words not even that, he banged a fist onto the table, drawing attention from several people. Devin then hit his head aginst the table several times, "Why? Why, why, why, why? Why did you tell?"

Comment

[Mary Irving-NPC]

Devin's outburst had overlapped the words that Mary had been trying to say. She had started to stand, too shocked and hurt by Devin's reaction to stay seated. When his fist hit the table spilling her mostly full cup of coffee, Mary changed her mind and decided that a retreat would not be a good idea at this point. Instead she slumped back in the chair and raised her voice so that Devin would hear her over his own noise. "I'm sorry, Devin. You don't how sorry I am. I know it wasn't my place to tell, and I feel stupid because of it now. But Katrina couldn't handle knowing and not being able to talk about it, and I guess, I felt the same way. The words were out of my mouth before I could think. It was stupid and I'm sorry. And I know that you're going to hate me now, and I've ruined any chance we had of ever being friends again. But I only meant to help Kylie when I told her. I thought that by telling her that other people had rotten childhoods too, it would help. Your name was out of my mouth before I thought. It was stupid and I'm sorry." She fought the urge to reach out and touch Devin, knowing that with his superior strength he would probably hurt her trying to get away.
                  Dear Journal

Comment

Sighing, he kept his head on the table, "I guess it's okay, I would have told her anyway, at least in my own time." Devin started massaging a wrist as he looked at Mary, "What else did you tell her? I suspect a great deal more, but there's a chance you didn't tell her much." Devin looked into her eyes, hoping that she hadn't told Kylie any more things he'd rather she not know at the moment.

Comment

[Mary Irving-NPC]

Mary's face was pained as she fought back the waves of emotion that she was feeling. "I didn't tell her anything else, I promise. Just about how much you and Katrina were in love and that you were an awesome science teacher, and I mentioned that Katrina's dad was military, and that the would have been best man was Mark. That's all, I promise. Nothing else." She gulped as the tears finally made their way down her cheek. "I feel awful about it, Devin. It wasn't my place to say anything." She released a sob, and buried her face in her hands.
                      Dear Journal

Comment

Devin smiled slightly, "Glad yah didn't tell all, I'd rather not have had Kylie know everything about me before I got a chance to tell her." Watching as Mary started to sob, Devin found himself unable to move, Friend of mine needs solace and I can't move a tanjed muscle, what kind of person am I? Devin cursed himself for not doing anything.

Comment

[Mary Irving-NPC]

Mary regained control of her emotions quickly, then looked over at Devin's face. "I couldn't have told her anymore if I had wanted to. That's the only thing that Katrina couldn't keep to herself. She was so much better than I am. At least she knew how to keep a confidence." Mary felt the sting of more tears pushing at the back of her eyes, but wiped at her face quickly, and concentrated on the coffee slowly dripping off the edge of the table and onto the floor below.
                          Dear Journal

Comment

Moving over next to Mary, Devin sat down and put a hand on her back. "Shhh..." He said in that same calming voice he'd used with Kylie so successfully, "No need to cry, you did what you thought best and I can't blame you for that."
                            Last edited by Vampyr; 01 June 2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

((Why would he put a "chair" on Mary's back?? ))

[Mary Irving-NPC]

Mary flinched slightly at Devin's touch. It was highly unexpected and unusual for him to offer comfort to anyone other than Katrina in the past. She brought her tears under control as she started to comprehend his words. That voice, that touch, those words were all things that she knew the Devin she once knew would have never used. He must really be in love with Kylie, he's changed. Before, he would have hated me for this. She couldn't speak, but drew in a shuddering breath as her tears ended. She licked her lips and swallowed the remaining lump in her throat. She was still watching the dripping coffee, when something in the back of her mind clicked. "I think I've probably just about used up all of my break time. I should get back." But Mary still didn't have the strength to stand on her own, so she just sat there.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

((Ooops. Just goes to show when you have two trains of thought in your head how confused you can get.))

"I guess I'll be in my lab then." Devin said. You have changed, Jaa'nik sent, a year ago, two years would you have done this? I doubt so. Yeah, I guess I have, I probably would've blown up in her face for such a thing? What's changed me so? Katrina? Kylie? What? I am unsure, I wish I could tell you, but I cannot. Devin got up, helped lift Mary out of her chair, bowed and left for the elevators.

<To Labs>

Comment

Working...
                                X