No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markus is at a table not that far away watching from a distance. 'Why does Lance seem angry again? I think he needs to find some tention release hobby.'

As Markus watches, sips from his coffee cup.
    Aftermath RP
    Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
    Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
    SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
    Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Judging from Ovcharenko's body language, his comment hadn't earned him any positive points, but if that had been his purpose, than he would have just shut up. He was a medic and an NCO, and more “diplomatic” missions than he wanted to know over the years had gone FUBAR, so why not expecting the worse this time? They were, after all, going in under cover to retrieve intelligence. Meaning lots of chances to get in trouble.

Tim let it slid for the moment though, if she had a problem with him, he'd be happy to oblige with his point of view later on if she confronted him.
      He turned towards his CO, “Hope so too Sir! Delivery service it is then. Wouldn't be to hard. Fast in, fast out...” 'Sending a prayer their way....' “...and then move on as soon as we can. Piece of cake.”
      Nothing were never really that easy, they all knew that, but hope was the last thing that deserted man, right?

Tim looked over at Tallon as he spoke, then returned his focus to Oxford, hoping for a dismissal of this meeting and a more detailed briefing of their own mission.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Astra finished off here juice and the last of her fruit salad. She picked everything up and stacked it neatly on her tray. She absently scratched her forhead and ran her fingers through her hair. She checked her IPOD and changed it too another song before she headed over and put her rubbish in the bin, and then her tray away. The archaeologist strolled towards the door with her hands in her pockets. She looked around and hadn't realised that the mess hall had become busy again. She spotted her new CO and wondered if she should go over to see him. When she got a bit a closer she saw him talking with a small group of others. She saw two men and a young woman, Astra hesitated.

'I'll talk to him later. He looks a bit ticked off by something and it looks to be a serious conversation,' she thought, judging by the body language of her new CO.

The archeaologist turned too leave to head back to the linguist lab to continue her work.

<<Too linguist lab>>
        sigpic
        Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

<<Feed Me Please!!>>

Bolting out of the stairwell the smell of food overtook her system. "Oh my, well at least it won't matter what is up for grabs. This hungry it will all taste good." She licked her lips. Reached into her pocket and found her stick, topped off her lips, fluffed the curls and made her entrance.

The scent of food now had her stomach flip flopping, hip hopping and dancing across the room. LuBan made a quick assessment of the layout and headed straight to the line. Laying out a tray she gave one of her charmers of a smiles to the airman behind the counter. "Feed me please." She raised an eyebrow and gave a bit of a teasing laugh.

The airman flushed in response and responded, "Yes ma'am. What will it be?" Eyeing the woman in front of him. She was definitely new. He would have remembered her.

Emma already had a roll in fist and a huge bite in mouth. "Mmm, rrmmm, ahhh." With a small choke. "Sorry, I am starved." She bit her lower lip as her eyes flickered with mischief. "I need breakfast and lunch. Some of everything will work." Another flash of her smile.

"I do have a small amount of breakfast leftovers, the Colonel actually left some bacon." He shook his head and laughed as he watched her enjoying the bread. He didn't wait for the okay but placed a breakfast plate of left over hash browns, wheat bread with jelly and bacon on her tray. "What will it be for lunch? Meat, fruit, veggies? More bread?"

Her only response was, "Yes!" THE COLONEL? She raised and eyebrow and her grin grew.

Moments later Emma was on her way to locate a place to sit. Making eye contact with Timmo from the welcoming committee she gave a grin and a nod. Well as good as she could with her mouth full, a piece of bacon escaping the corner of her mouth. She scanned for Doc. No sign. Seeing Travis she ducked and dodged and found a table away from the crowd. Mumbling a blessing as she munched and dug in. She added a thank you for such a high metabolism.

teehee!!
          Last edited by aintright; 06 February 2010, 02:25 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

<<from Science Lab 1 - Alien Tech>>

Greg entered the room, looking around for Emma or the rest of SG-6. Both groups were present. He had a small crisis, he should join Travis and Tim, but Emma had been deliberately looking for him, but he needed to explain the disc to the gathered members of SG-7, but Emma was all alone. What was a guy to do?

'I'll get her to come over with the clumped together SG-6 and -7, of course!' Proud of his solution to a thorny logistical problem, he went to her table. "How did it go? I finished the programs, now have to make three copies and explain installing it to the other teams."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
              <<from Science Lab 1 - Alien Tech>>

Greg entered the room, looking around for Emma or the rest of SG-6. Both groups were present. He had a small crisis, he should join Travis and Tim, but Emma had been deliberately looking for him, but he needed to explain the disc to the gathered members of SG-7, but Emma was all alone. What was a guy to do?

'I'll get her to come over with the clumped together SG-6 and -7, of course!' Proud of his solution to a thorny logistical problem, he went to her table. "How did it go? I finished the programs, now have to make three copies and explain installing it to the other teams."

<<MEN! So Annoying Sometimes!!>>

LuBan raised one eyebrow as she made a fleeting glance up at the newly arrived Doc before her. How did it go? How did it go? Now he asks how did it go? "Hmpphh!" Her head took a small bob back.

She knew she should be supportive of her new found friend. She should be excited for him. He was living his dream. But, he hadn't been there for her before she went before the inquisition. He could have helped her prepare for the meet. He could have given her information from another angle that may have driven the need home. She picked up the napkin and carefully cleaned her mouth. Her eyes rose to meet his. "It went, its done."

Her eyes strayed to the little huddle across the room, "Aren't you missing a team huddle? I don't want to detain you from your meeting. As you can see," her hand made a litte Vanna sweep across her collection of food, "I have plenty to entertain me." Presenting a forced smile she continued refueling.

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

Travis looked at talon for a brief second before nodded, “Everything is covered. This briefing is done and over with. SG-7 is free to go.

And I wish the team h3llva luck on their first mission.

Looking at Tim, “Were you in the middle of something important, I pulled you out from?” he asked after talon and his XO were gone.

Comment

Tim returned the grin he got from Emma across the room, she was really cute, trying to grin as she ate, then focused back at Oxford and shook his head slightly.
                  “No Sir, not really. The APFT-report on our Doc is finished so a briefing and a time for our own mission would be nice... to make any necessary preparations...?”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Lance didn't say what he would have liked to. He settled for a sharp nod instead.

He waved a finger at Ovcharenko. "With me."

He directed his XO to another table, leaving Oxford and Foster to discuss other matters. "Thoughts?" He had his own ideas on how he wanted to approach this mission, but he wasn't about to complain about getting an opinion from someone that didn't think he was completely incompetent.

Comment

Scorpio followed her CO without any hesitation. Company of Oxford and Foster was pressing upon her nerves. Lena landed on a chair next to him, and scratched her temple thoughtfully before the reply.

'Thoughts? My first thought is that if they will treat us in this way during the mission, we'll fail it for sure.'

She preffered to keep that idea to herself, though, saying only what she thought about the task.

"Sounds too easy, in my opinion, and that's exactly what I don't like the most. If we don't want any surprises to pop up while we're on that planet, we'd better come in, do the trick and leave as quietly and as fast as possible."

Ovcharenko looked at Lance, waiting for his responce.

Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        LuBan raised one eyebrow as she made a fleeting glance up at the newly arrived Doc before her. How did it go? How did it go? Now he asks how did it go? "Hmpphh!" Her head took a small bob back.

She knew she should be supportive of her new found friend. She should be excited for him. He was living his dream. But, he hadn't been there for her before she went before the inquisition. He could have helped her prepare for the meet. He could have given her information from another angle that may have driven the need home. She picked up the napkin and carefully cleaned her mouth. Her eyes rose to meet his. "It went, its done."

Her eyes strayed to the little huddle across the room, "Aren't you missing a team huddle? I don't want to detain you from your meeting. As you can see," her hand made a litte Vanna sweep across her collection of food, "I have plenty to entertain me." Presenting a forced smile she continued refueling.
                        Most of the time, Greg was fairly blind and missed "hints" completely. This time, he managed to catch a clue. The meeting hadn't gone well and she was upset at him. "I really am sorry, Emma, I know I should have been with you. Do you mind if I join you and your entertainment?"

'And the last time I said that to a woman, there was a three-day-old baby in the next room.' He shoved the memory away, he'd waived his rights years ago when she'd decided to marry.

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<MEN! So Annoying Sometimes!!>>

At first Emma remained silent. Stuffing the last piece of bacon into her mouth. She chewed at it slowly enjoying every morsel. Not that the food of the Tok'ra hadn't been delectable in its own way. This was comfort food. The stuff you grew up on. Well okay, her mother would kill her for eating it. A girl's figure thing. Dad on the other hand. She grinned as she thought of those dad and daughter backpacking jaunts. Their mutual smiles of 'oh lookey what we are getting away with'. She snickered at the thought of mom's idea of camping. Settling for braving a lowly four star hotel without the use of a concierge.

The sorry had her eyes rolling. Hollow words meant little. As did the need to worry about her figure anymore. For who, for what. Shame she was such an addict to endorphins and their results. "Last I checked it is a public room. The bench is open. My entertainment is my own. You want entertainment? You need to procure your own tray." Her tone was dripping in sarcasm. Exhaustion setting in was emphasizing her grumpiness. LuBan wasn't above demanding groveling at this point.

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

Travis nodded, “You know I would start the briefing if I knew who the h3ll Vulcan, or Hephaestus was. Plus I haven’t yet seen my walking talking historical dictionary. Even without knowing who the man is, we can..I suppose...start.

Leading Tim over, “Shelder, that was fast.” Then gazed at Lu Ban and threw her, his most annoying grins, “Lu Ban.” Taking a seat, he moved his hand to steal food from Emma’s plate, only to realise that nothing was left, in the plate and frowned.

You really should learn to share.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright
                              The sorry had her eyes rolling. Hollow words meant little. As did the need to worry about her figure anymore. For who, for what. Shame she was such an addict to endorphins and their results. "Last I checked it is a public room. The bench is open. My entertainment is my own. You want entertainment? You need to procure your own tray." Her tone was dripping in sarcasm. Exhaustion setting in was emphasizing her grumpiness. LuBan wasn't above demanding groveling at this point.
                              Greg was about to snap back at her. Figured, a simple apology wasn't enough for a woman. Well, he definitely wasn't bending over backwards to apologize, she wasn't a girlfriend after all. He was just about to respond in a fashion that showed why he was still a bachelor when Tim and Travis joined them.

"I still need to make more copies, but I have a complete set of programs. One is a data compiler that will sweep anything with certain keywords and the other is the virus. Of course, there's no way to know if the virus worked."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Scorpio followed her CO without any hesitation. Company of Oxford and Foster was pressing upon her nerves. Lena landed on a chair next to him, and scratched her temple thoughtfully before the reply.

'Thoughts? My first thought is that if they will treat us in this way during the mission, we'll fail it for sure.'

She preffered to keep that idea to herself, though, saying only what she thought about the task.

"Sounds too easy, in my opinion, and that's exactly what I don't like the most. If we don't want any surprises to pop up while we're on that planet, we'd better come in, do the trick and leave as quietly and as fast as possible."

Ovcharenko looked at Lance, waiting for his responce.

Lance snorted. "And when is anything ever easy? Just once I'd like to see that happen."

He crossed his arms, taking a minute to go over things in his head. "But I think, with the people we have, our bases are pretty well covered. I'd have liked to have been able to test them before throwing them out in the field, though. This isn't an ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not all bad."

"So what do you say? Get them on up here?" If Lance took the time to look, Redd was probably still somewhere nearby. Owen could probably be summoned without too much trouble, presuming, of course, that she wasn't completely absorbed in whatever it was she was doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X