No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markus smiled when his coffee cup became full. He takes a sip and he almost spits his coffee out when he hears Lance's and Lena's voices. 'Why are they here? Wait didn't Lena say something about not getting more coffee?'

Markus looked down at his coffee cup. He took another sip and he looked to where his commanding officers were. He then shrugged and walked to the table farthest from where they were. He sits down and drinks his coffee.
    Aftermath RP
    Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
    Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
    SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
    Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Originally posted by 1LTBarden View Post
      He looked at her and thought for a moment.

"Sorry cant say that I have seen them around. But I should get back to my rounds before I get in trouble for slacking off. It was nice chatting with you Gunny. Have a good lunch."

He stood up and headed out of the mess hall. On his way out he gave one last wink and smile to Lena at the table.

<<To quarters>>

"Okay," Ryn started to reply, but then he stood up and left. She sighed, okay so she hadn't been exactly social, but then again it'd been a bit weird, too. Ryn finished her food up, and stood up to take her empty tray back to where it belonged. Cleaning up the table was easy and stacking up dishes went quickly and efficiently, so she had only one albeit heavy tray to carry. She meandered through the crowd, only to almost elbowing into a sergeant.
      "Oh, sorry," She recognised Foster and gave him a sheepish smile, then continued on her way, hoping not to bump further on the route.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
        Hearing Greg speak up, Travis nodded, “You have 4 hours. If need more time let me know.

Standing up, he tilted his head to Tallon, “Lieutenant, If and when you and your XO are ready to act like the team commanders, you will find me in my office.” With that he discarded his uneaten food and exited the mess.
        Greg had ceased waving the fork, considering whether to build a memory-hogging worm, a data scrambler, or a logic bomb. To Oxford's retreating back, "Won't take that long, I'm an experienced virus wri-, I mean programmer. Always legit, though."

He finished off his food and took the dishes to turn them in. Stopping briefly back by the table, he addressed Tallon. "Make sure I give you guys a copy of the program before we leave you to yourselves, I should remember though. You have anybody who's pretty computer literate?"

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
          Tim got out of the stairways and followed the smells of food, still with a small smile on his lips, 'Got to find out more about her. Definitely on the 'interesting' list...'
          He didn't come any further in his thoughts as Oxford appeared right in front of him, heading *out of the Mess hall?
          Straightening his features, he stopped, “Sir! You wanted to see me?”

<<Sig snip>>

Grumbling under his breath he failed to see foster making his way to the mess, till the man spoke, tilting his head at an angle, “Yea, I did, but apparently, Lieutenant Tallon believes his team could do without....” Rolling his eyes and shaking his head; he leaned back on the wall, “Anyway if they get themselves seriously injured, I’m not placing my head on the line.

Rubbing his face, “How did I end up with two Lieutenants who don’t know what they are going?

Last edited by SilverRider; 25 December 2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

{Tyler}

Kym strolled through the doorway to the mess, wondering if it was too late to find any bacon available. Sharp probably snaffled all of it as fast as it could be put out. That man's cruising for a coronary before he's 50. Her eye was caught by the flash of Chikozu's carrot-top head. She changed her heading to intercept her teammate.
            "Hey," the woman said cheerfully, "You need any help with your gear for the mission? I managed to scrounge all the bits and pieces I needed for a dress uniform finally."

(( I had to go and find what colors I'd been using. ))
            You're never too old to do something goofy.
            sigpic
            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

"Oh, hey! Should've known you'd turn up here," Ryn smiled back at her team mate. "Yeah, I think I got all my stuff. Just need to get it all together. They're busy with it at Stores and Armoury I suppose. Um ... Oh. I also went to the Infirmary this morning. For another dose of painkillers. Found myself stuck there for a while, they IV'd me and all that. Guess it wasn't good enough to just give me my bottle and send me on my way!" Ryn grinned, bringing Tyler up to speed.

"And I sent a message to the team whilst I was there, but no one replied, guess that messageboard or email ain't working quite as it should." She shrugged slightly. "Just wanted to see where everyone was... A team needs building if we're going to be successful.".

(( I think it's still lunchtime. Around 1pm ? ))

Comment

{Tyler}

"So, you are coming along, right?" In Kym's experience, the Infirmary staff rarely OK'd a mission for someone they'd had to keep. "I can help you get things packed."
                At the mention of a call, Kym's eyes widened and she slapped her hip. "Oh cr-@@-pp!"
                Looking warily from side to side, the woman pulled her comm out of her jacket pocket and surreptiously turned it back on. Thankful that the only alert was for Ryn's message, she muttered to the other woman, "Don't tell anyone, please. There was something that I had to do outside and I turned it off. I could get seriously gigged."

(( Gigged - slang for getting a bad report. ))
                sigpic

Comment

Ryn nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah. I'm still goin'. As patient. And I'm to take care of my own pain management. Meaning I need to tell them when I need pills. Or something to that effect, ask Mykonos, she'll tell ya."

She eyed Kym curiously next as she fiddled with her comms. "Huh ? No, it was an e-mail. Got bored so they gave me a laptop and then I tried that ... like I said, no effect whatsoever. Guess nobody looks at their computers anymore. At least not of SG-3.".

She dumped her tray back on the counter with a smile of thanks to Swanson, then turned back to Kym, equally quietly and hush-hush. "So now what ? Why'd ya go ... ah, outside, then ?"

Comment

Grumbling under his breath he failed to see foster making his way to the mess, till the man spoke, tilting his head at an angle, “Yea, I did, but apparently, Lieutenant Tallon believes his team could do without...” Rolling his eyes he leaned back on the wall, “Anyway if they get themselves seriously injured, I’m not placing my head on the line.

Rubbing his face, “How did I end up with two Lieutenants who don’t know what they are going?

'More likely to be my neck on the line if things went bad...'
                    Tim peeked his head inside the Mess hall to take stock of the situation, 'Looks fine in there now though,' before looking back at the Captain, “Well since we're on the same team; that makes two of us, sir. What did they do? Anything I can do to help sir?”
                    It wouldn't be the first time he'd had to 'baby-sit' a fresh-out-of-school-LT on a mission.

Last edited by Northern Girl; 25 December 2009, 11:53 PM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

He rose an eyebrow at Tim’s question, “What they do?” he shifted on his feet, “The Second in Command starts chatting up Barden from the Security office, before I even get to start the talks,” he jerked his thumb back towards the Mess hall, where the SG7 CO’s were still there, “Tallon and his XO were called here so I could help go through the steps and make sure they are or will be fine on their own. Call it a mini briefing if you will, but it turned out to be anything but that.

Combing his hair with his fingers to get the frustration out, “The question is: do they need our help?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Ryn nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah. I'm still goin'. As patient. And I'm to take care of my own pain management. Meaning I need to tell them when I need pills. Or something to that effect, ask Mykonos, she'll tell ya."

She eyed Kym curiously next as she fiddled with her comms. "Huh ? No, it was an e-mail. Got bored so they gave me a laptop and then I tried that ... like I said, no effect whatsoever. Guess nobody looks at their computers anymore. At least not of SG-3.".

She dumped her tray back on the counter with a smile of thanks to Swanson, then turned back to Kym, equally quietly and hush-hush. "So now what ? Why'd ya go ... ah, outside, then ?"

{Tyler}

Tyler raised her eyebrows at the 'patient' comment, "I suppose that makes sense. We are on a mission to get medical allies." She shook her head, "Just remember, the Captain can't tell when you hurt."

Kym turned her comm so Ryn could see the screen, "I've got my system set-up so I get an alert when a message comes in. You're the only one showing."

Looking down at her shoes for a moment, the woman muttered, "Something I do before every mission if I have the time. A ritual."
                        Kym lifted her head and tipped it toward the door. Changing the subject, she asked, "You ready to go start getting packed?"

(( FYI - Newer phones can receive e-mails from computers. ))
                        sigpic

Comment

(( I knew that. Ryn on the other hand wouldn't, she's not really that much into IT tech, unless it's weaponry. ))

Ryn eyed the small sleek gizmo with curiosity. It was always fun to see new tech in action and this was no exception.

"Oh. Cool. Didn't know it could do that."

The touchable icons on the screen were meaningless to the redhead, although there was a tiny little white envelope with a strange-looking 'a' somewhere in it. Was that her message ? It had no title, and there was nothing else written on it.

On the request to go get packed, she nodded her head eagerly, still mulling over that symbol. It made her miss the mutterings.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Unless you've not eaten yet, in which case I'll meet you down there ?"

Comment

<<From linguistics lab>>

Astra entered the mess hall and her stomach rumbled once again. She went and lined up, grabbing a tray. The linguist then reached for a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of orange juice. She found some fruit salad and strawberry yoghurt, putting them on her tray next to her sandwich and juice. Once she was satisfied with her meal, she went and found a quiet seat in the corner to enjoy her lunch. She fished around in her pocket for her IPOD and put them in her ears when she sat down. It was something that she carried everywhere with her. A lot of the time, it was so she didn't have to make conversations with strangers she didn't know. When she was settled into her seat and had found a song she wanted to listen too, Astra started eating.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                            My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

He rose an eyebrow at Tim’s question, “What they do?” he shifted on his feet, “The Second in Command starts chatting up Barden from the Security office, before I even get to start the talks,” he jerked his thumb back towards the Mess hall, where the SG7 CO’s were still there, “Tallon and his XO were called here so I could help go through the steps and make sure they are or will be fine on their own. Call it a mini briefing if you will, but it turned out to be anything but that.

Combing his hair with his fingers to get the frustration out, “The question is: do they need our help?

< Hallway outside the Mess >

Tim frowned, “Maybe they’re just inexperienced? Not having seen that much action?”
                              He slipped a sigh, “If that’s the case, then we definitely need to get back in there and offer our help… We can’t let two rookies do this on their own.”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<Mess to Hallway Outside>>

Greg had dropped his tray and waved a small goodbye to the two members of SG-7. "We'll talk later, if you don't have anybody who's good with computers, I'll try to make the program idiot-proof. Not that I'm saying, I mean you're both very intelligent people, but I'll make it where it doesn't require much input from you. I have to go write some malware."

He headed out, stopping when he saw Travis and Tim together. "Headed for the nearest lab with a computer, any last words? I'm thinking a computer worm with a ExploreZip style payload. Takes up memory storage, bandwidth, and corrupts system files and documents."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                                X