Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    George could see that the dream had some signfiance but that she did not want to talk about it.

    " Now,being a military man myself i can see that point of view and agree with it to a certain extent but in a way, it is the militarys fault"

    Comment


      Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
      George could see that the dream had some signfiance but that she did not want to talk about it.

      " Now,being a military man myself i can see that point of view and agree with it to a certain extent but in a way, it is the militarys fault"
      "I see the people who opened the Stargate as people of vision who were trying to procure means to make all our lives better and more enjoyable, at the begining only for Earth, but as time went by for all the galaxy too. I'm proud to say I'm from the Tau'ri when off-world. In a way we became, in my opinion of course, a great race and many other people, aliens included, would agree with me in that assessment. There were risks for us to achieve all we have achieved, but when aren't there any when something is worth it? I doubt people complain about the benefits our off-world allies have given us. And well knowledge has a price, we all know that. Some people are just more willing to pay than others, but all want to share the benefits of it once it is available. After all, at some point in time, they all decided to step through the Stargate too or they wouldn't be here now." Natasha says to Rhea.
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

      Comment


        " but at what cost? the annihilation of the tauri? when all we can claim is a few medical breakthroughs and minor technology that we have to keep secret?" George said while playing devils advocate " Knowing what you know now, would you have rather have the gate opend or your friends and close ones alive?, As i always say, hindsight is always 20/20 and those civilians would have rather lived thier lives without a gate near the ones they love."

        Comment


          Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
          " but at what cost? the annihilation of the tauri? when all we can claim is a few medical breakthroughs and minor technology that we have to keep secret?" George said while playing devils advocate " Knowing what you know now, would you have rather have the gate opend or your friends and close ones alive?, As i always say, hindsight is always 20/20 and those civilians would have rather lived thier lives without a gate near the ones they love."
          "I can't say it was the same for me. And I think I'm gonna get crucified after saying this, but it's what I feel. Well, the Tau'ri will only be annihilated the day we give up fighting, like she said and she was right about it. I'm a fighter, I will fight till the bitter end, so if it depends on me what is left of our people will live long and prosper, populating many worlds and spreading to one day perhaps completely defeat the Goa'uld and rebuilt the great Ancient empire together with the other human races which are our brethren. We may call them aliens, but they are all just long lost brothers. Perhaps all 'you' have learned was medical breakthroughs and minor technology. I learned that life was much greater than just our own petty problems and that we can be so much more than we are now like the Ancients. If I had to do it all again, knowing what I do now, I'd still do the same. Yes, we are in pain and I know it better than anyone else. Yes, we lost our families, our friends, our homeworld, but do you really think we've gained nothing in return? I have to desagree with that, but it's all a question of point of view anyway... And as I said I understand theirs." Natasha said to Rhea defending her cause fiercily. "Well, a wise man once said: I'm defeated and know it only when I meet a human being from whom I am unable to learn... anything." She closes her argument.
          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

          Comment


            "I agree thst the gate should remain open but as a military officer i swore that i would protect and defend the people of the united states and since i joined the stargate program the people on earth. Maybe command has softened me,but i am a fighter. I will fight until the bitter end but i must also place the safety and well being of the men and women who serve under my command first. As you saw in the bar fight i do not agree with the townspeoples stance on the military but i can understand why they feel that way and in some ways sympathize with them."

            Comment


              Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
              Sharp looked down at Zach. (He IS 6'1) "Lets go short stuff, I'm ready."

              Sharp waitied for the trays.

              "I doubt we even have real butter anymore.."
              Claire had placed five trays in Sharp's open hand, then waited for a nod to recive more.

              Comment


                Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                "I agree that the gate should remain open but as a military officer i swore that i would protect and defend the people of the united states and since i joined the stargate program the people on earth. Maybe command has softened me,but i am a fighter. I will fight until the bitter end but i must also place the safety and well being of the men and women who serve under my command first. As you saw in the bar fight i do not agree with the townspeoples stance on the military but i can understand why they feel that way and in some ways sympathize with them."
                "Yes, I could see where you stood in there, sir. I was actually proud of the way you dealt with the situation, but all this lack of understanding and unnecessary blame assigning don't do well for them or for the base personell. Trust me when I tell you that, sir. If things continue as they are, I see bad things coming between the scarse population of this world." Natasha sighs as if trying to catch some breath. "We are all here together and we must support each other, grow our knowledge, continue to explore and just be us, humans. It's the only way we'll survive. The worst is that I know even the guys that attacked us know this and feel this way. It's like they are suicidal or something." She said in a low tone like considering the truth of her own words.
                Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 28 May 2006, 07:09 AM.
                Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

                Comment


                  (Zach is 6ft, so not that much taller)

                  "All right then Colonel, short stuff will win!"

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by shovar
                    (Zach is 6ft, so not that much taller)

                    "All right then Colonel, short stuff will win!"
                    (oops, I was wondering how tall he was, I didn't have time to go look at your bio though )

                    "Five? My pinkey toe could hold five trays!" Sharp said jokeingly to Claire.
                    sigpic
                    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

                    SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!


                    Join the Aftermath RP

                    Comment


                      George took a sip of his tea and then looked at bystronski " So now our task is to prepare for a real mission, do you have any critiques on theperformance of the team during the training mission?"

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                        George took a sip of his tea and then looked at bystronski " So now our task is to prepare for a real mission, do you have any critiques on theperformance of the team during the training mission?"
                        "I think we'd do perfectly well on our first mission, if it only depended on us. For what I could picture, we're all level headed and not prompt to explode on violence, that's always a must have treat in our kind of work which envolves a lot of diplomacy most of the time. You know how some peoples can be difficult at first. For us patience is the greatest virtue. I think we all have it in the necessary quantity to make our team work, of course, some have more than others, but that's only natural in a ensemble team" Natasha said professionally to Rhea. "Don't I sound like the base shrink? Perhaps I may sign up to be Dr Lancaster's aide on my spare time. Certainly I could help her a bit, or make everyone mad begining with the poor doctor." She said joking and smiling.
                        Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

                        Comment


                          "Yes, i agree with your statement but whats the kryptonite? everybody has it. whats yours?"

                          ((((OCC- stole tht from SG1))))

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                            "Yes, i agree with your statement but whats the kryptonite? everybody has it. whats yours?"

                            ((((OCC- stole tht from SG1))))
                            ((OOC - I thought Kryptonite was Superman's weakness, the rocks from his original homeworld, but I don't watch for a long time so...))

                            "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours first, sir." Natasha said clearly trying to avoid the topic with a good humoured typical way out.
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                              (oops, I was wondering how tall he was, I didn't have time to go look at your bio though )

                              "Five? My pinkey toe could hold five trays!" Sharp said jokeingly to Claire.
                              Claire grinned at Sharp. "Umm...Is that so?" she said, before placing another 10 trays with the other five that were already in his hands. "How about now?" she looked at him thoughtfully.

                              Comment


                                "Mine, umm mine is that i can be a little lazy, but i try yo not let that interfere with command decisions. There, i told you mie, how about yours?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X