Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex held out her hand, "Doctor Lieutenant Alexandra Lucius, SG-4."

She gave the doctor a soft smile, "And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wants a little payback. You sound like a man who did lose much if I may say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
      Alex held out her hand, "Doctor Lieutenant Alexandra Lucius, SG-4."

She gave the doctor a soft smile, "And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wants a little payback. You sound like a man who did lose much if I may say so."
      Seph tried to give a little smile. Dr. Lucius could not be fooled. He was trying before to forget what he had lost, but he could hide it no longer.

"Your no fool Doctor. I, m, my fiancee." Hanson stuttered.
      "I proposed to her just before my first SG mission, a few days ago." Halting his story to wipe a tear from his eye.
      "She was the love of my life, she knew nothing of the gate, the goa'uld, yet she was a victim of it, its just so...unjust." Tears were now uncontrollably trickling down his face, the dam that had been holding them up since 'the' news arrived had finally been smashed.
      "I, I do apologise Alex." Wiping his tears, they seemed to finally be stopping.

Comment

"Yeah, I guess it all came to a shock to me as well, although I've always had a feeling there would be something like this. When I was a kid my parents bought me a stargazer, and I played around with it for some months, it wasn't that special... But it would make me speculate sometimes." he said after Tyler had mentioned joining SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sobek
          "Yeah, I guess it all came to a shock to me as well, although I've always had a feeling there would be something like this. When I was a kid my parents bought me a stargazer, and I played around with it for some months, it wasn't that special... But it would make me speculate sometimes." he said after Tyler had mentioned joining SGC.
          "My grandmother would get so mad at me." Tyler smiled at the memory. "I would always have my nose in a book when I was supposed to be doing something else."
          She closed her eyes and bowed her head for a second. Shaking off the emotion, she looked at her new teammates. "What's Col Macri like? I saw him for 2 minutes when I reported in. Since then, I've been working with the technicians."
          Last edited by Jynjyr; 06 September 2005, 09:25 AM.
          You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

"I think he seems like a good guy, and I liked the peptalk he gave us. He didn't seem to sad about the news, but we all have different ways of showing our feelings. Looks can be deceiving, and I bet he's as troubled as we are. I've only walked by him a few times on base, and it was first today I learned he was to lead SG-3. I guess the real answers, we need on each other will be answered in the field, and I'm looking forward to that." he replied to the question of Macri's character.
            Last edited by Sobek; 06 September 2005, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
              Seph tried to give a little smile. Dr. Lucius could not be fooled. He was trying before to forget what he had lost, but he could hide it no longer.

"Your no fool Doctor. I, m, my fiancee." Hanson stuttered.
              "I proposed to her just before my first SG mission, a few days ago." Halting his story to wipe a tear from his eye.
              "She was the love of my life, she knew nothing of the gate, the goa'uld, yet she was a victim of it, its just so...unjust." Tears were now uncontrollably trickling down his face, the dam that had been holding them up since 'the' news arrived had finally been smashed.
              "I, I do apologise Alex." Wiping his tears, they seemed to finally be stopping.
              "No hey - no need," Alex said, before she even thought about it she reached out and brushed his cheek with the back of her hand. He froze and glanced at her and she quickly moved her hand away. She looked down at the table, "It's okay, I can only imagine how you feel."

Her dark eyes crept back up to look at the doctor again, "I'm sorry to hear that you lost her. But if it helps - we're going to get them. I promise you that."

Comment

Hanson smiled and nodded, trying to regroup.

"So science corps. eh? Sounds like an interesting field." Seph quickly tried to move the conversation on. "Where you on a team before, you know, before it happened. I myself have only been through the gate once, it's all so...overwhelming." Hanson quickly filled Lt. Lucius in on how he had only joined thw SGC a few weeks ago, and when he was off world during the Earth explosion it was his first mission.

Comment

Hanson smiled and nodded, trying to regroup.

"So science corps. eh? Sounds like an interesting field." Seph quickly tried to move the conversation on. "Where you on a team before, you know, before it happened. I myself have only been through the gate once, it's all so...overwhelming." Hanson quickly filled Lt. Lucius in on how he had only joined thw SGC a few weeks ago, and when he was off world during the Earth explosion it was his first mission.
                  "Wow, way to get inducted into the SGC eh?" Alex smirked when Hanson finished, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well I'm in SG-4 for multiple reasons. I'm a doctor, I have a PhD in biology but before I went back to school I served in the Marines for ten years. And before that I was a child prodigy - physics. Time Magazine named me the smartest child on Earth when I was eight actually…” Alex stopped to laugh slightly at the memories of her childhood.

She looked over at the doctor beside her and shrugged, “I used the military to escape from that life, having eyes from around the world on me all of the time. I came back into the military to help out the SGC, I guess it isn't every day that you find a genius who can handle a gun."

Comment

Abby just sat there as Alex and Seph talked. She did not want to interrupt their conversation and so she decided that she would introduce herself when they got a break in their talk. Once she had the opportunity, she stuck out her hand to Seph.

"I am being kind of rude here, but I did not want to interrupt you and Lt. Lucius in the conversation you were having. I am Major Abigail Beckett, Abby for short. I too am on SG-4."
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                      Abby just sat there as Alex and Seph talked. She did not want to interrupt their conversation and so she decided that she would introduce herself when they got a break in their talk. Once she had the opportunity, she stuck out her hand to Seph.

"I am being kind of rude here, but I did not want to interrupt you and Lt. Lucius in the conversation you were having. I am Major Abigail Beckett, Abby for short. I too am on SG-4."
                      Hanson smiled, accepting the hand. "Seph Hanson, SG7". He quickly grasped the lightened mood. He turned to Alex. "World's smartest kid eh? Well err...I once won the schools science fair" Hanson lightly laughed. In general conversation and such, Seph regularly acted less intelligently than he really is.

"So Abby, how about you, where you on missions before the tradegy on Earth?"

( )
                      Last edited by Simonthefurling; 07 September 2005, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sobek
                        "I think he seems like a good guy, and I liked the peptalk he gave us. He didn't seem to sad about the news, but we all have different ways of showing our feelings. Looks can be deceiving, and I bet he's as troubled as we are. I've only walked by him a few times on base, and it was first today I learned he was to lead SG-3. I guess the real answers, we need on each other will be answered in the field, and I'm looking forward to that." he replied to the question of Macri's character.
                        Listening in on the converstation between Tyler and Harders, Major Harvey tried to eat some of the chicken salad sat infront of her. This was going to be trial by fire for all of the team as they'd never worked together before. But then the SGC only recruited the best for these missions, so she was sure they'd all get along just fine.
                        The Major finished her salad and was sipping her water. "So what are your field of expertese?" she asked them both.

Comment

"Engineering. Not one of the computer whiz-kids. Hands on, mechanical stuff. Give me something that used to work and I'll figure out what it needs to work again." Tyler grinned. "For a while, at least."
                          "Service wise - I tried out for the SEALS. Missed by a tit. Actually, because of them. They only wanted *she deepened her voice* MEN. I got the same kind of training though."
                          "I guess some Admiral talked to some General and they decided the Air Force and Marines shouldn't have all the fun." She threw out her arms, "Here I am."
                          Last edited by Jynjyr; 07 September 2005, 06:37 PM.
                          You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Hanson smiled, accepting the hand. "Seph Hanson, SG7". He quickly grasped the lightened mood. He turned to Alex. "World's smartest kid eh? Well err...I once won the schools science fair" Hanson lightly laughed. In general conversation and such, Seph regularly acted less intelligently than he really is.

"So Abby, how about you, where you on missions before the tradegy on Earth?"

( )
                            "Me? If you mean, was I on missions for Earth and still living on Earth? No, I wasn't..I was actually here at the Alpha site already. When I heard about the destruction of Earth, I was devasted. Hearing that I will never be able to see my family or friends again. I feel sad for those who had boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, kids on Earth when it happened."

Abby could tell that she was beginning to get tears in her eyes as she sat and talked about Earth and such, but it was good to get the words out on how she felt.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Hmmm..." Alex frowned as Abby and Steph talked, "That's true,"

She looked up to find the pair staring at her, "Oh well if you think about it - we're among the last Tauri. Do you realize that we are the last hope for a true Tauri bloodline to still exist in this galaxy for the next several generations? Not to say we shouldn't breed with other species but in terms of keeping one true Tauri bloodline, someone is going to have to..."

Alex stopped and looked at the pair suggestively.

Comment

Jim walked into the mess, he had realised how hungry he was,forgetting completely that he was still fully armed to the teeth, he grabbed a plate loaded it with some chicken breast, a leg, some pie and a Jello cup and walked over to an empty table and sat down unslung his M16A2 just so he could have more room to eat and "Ah....." was all he could say before he greedily and without manners, dug into his food.

While he sat there digging into his food, he began to think about the people back on Earth, Jim didn't have any family or friends to be upset about, he was a loner, always had been. He wasn't shy or anything of making new friends, they just never seemed to come along...
                                Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 08 September 2005, 03:01 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X