Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aintright View Post
    <<Zach Black ~~ Elevator to Mess>>

Zach had to laugh at the dragging medic. "Geesh Sarge, you would think you were the one who slept tangled in a sling all night." He shook his head a little. "I will have you know that ginger was no run of the mill, it was one of the last cans I have left of my stock of Canada Dry. The king of all ginger ales, there is no finer."
    ”Oh...” Tim felt his cheeks turn red but then grinned ”Well, I never complained about the taste, right?”
    He grabbed two trays and led the way down the food line, picking up plates with pancakes and after his stomach had reminded him of its presence he added plates of eggs and bacon for both of them.

As Black stepped into the mess he automatically looked for the team table. It was like deja vu to see Claire, Kim and Sharp altogether and chatting. His face scrunched as he caught the looks on each of their faces. He felt his face instantly warm as the tinge of pink took hold. He caught her eyes across the room. A small smile was shared with an instinctive wink. He followed Foster to the line and told the airman behind the line, "I will have what he is having." As they duplicated Tim's platter on his he felt his breathing coming slightly stressed. Not too sure he could actually eat now. How long had it been since he had the last pill? Reaching the end of the line, "So where do you like to sit? Not too close to Sharp, if you know what I mean." He looked across the room once more to Claire, So much for the waiting part eh? He was sure she would kill him for staying distant.

[/QUOTE]

Tim raised an eye brow and shrugged, ”Sure, if that's what you want...” and filled their mugs with coffee before turning around and followed the Doc's gaze towards the table, 'No problemo!!'
    No way he wanted to share his breakfast with that lieutenant that had absolutely no idea of what respect for superior officers was, not if he could avoid it. He hadn't forgotten how she'd treated the colonel the other morning. She just couldn't be good company... or on the other had, did it really matter now, only a few months more to go...?
    ”Milk or sug...”

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
    He followed Kim's gaze to the breakfast line and saw the back of a certain doctor.
    "Look who's here!"
    He copied Kim's grin and looked at Claire.
    ”I guess that means we're busted uh? It's your call Doc...” Tim bit his lower lip and looked at Black.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Jen looked at her watch. Dr. Aaronson would start getting impatient like doctors did when you didn't show up fast enough. And she needed to get her equipment out of the locker.

Weapons first, then the infirmary. The doctor would understand that, he was a military man. "Mr. Hunt, if nineteen hundred works for you I'll be in my office. The level slips my mind right now, but I'm sure you know where the team leaders' offices are. I shouldn't be busy by then. Though, honestly, not much I can tell you. I just lead a team further down the counting numbers."

She nodded good-bye to Hunt and went to drop her dishes off. "Crescent, take care of your gear and be behind me to the infirmary. Sooner we get that done, the better. Jen headed for the locker room and to the infirmary.

<<to Infirmary via Locker Room>>

Last edited by DragonGate; 10 January 2009, 10:43 AM. Reason: Proper signature
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Mess Hall

Kim cocked her head at Sharp, before raising an eyebrow at him, they both knew he was lying...sort of. Leaning towards him, “That’s full of bulls*&t, and we both know that. You practically were aware of it from the start,” she chuckled, “You better run if she comes with a zat.” But seeing Claire was looking more awkward then earlier, Kim decided against hooting with laughter.

Seeing Chris’s grin Clare really wished the ground would open up and shallow her whole. Feeling her face go hot again at his words again, “Um...Who’s here?”She asked playing dumb. Of course she knew he was talking about Zack. After what she had send him through she supposed show owned him to let her rib her.

Hearing Foster’s comment Claire winced. Telling Sharp when was drunk had been a great idea, but thanks to Kimmy, She never got it to go head.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
          Dexius Micon

The teen put his hands to his temples and grimaced. "Stop," he demanded, laughing at the same time, "You make my head hurt. Too many things to learn at one time."
          Micon sighed, looking at Hyacinth, "The Roman world was so narrow under the rule of the Goa'uld. It's amazing what being a free people opens up. Our world will be like that some day. Hopefully without the war and disasters."

Dexius Micon - Herald and Messenger

"Hey, I'm sorry," Hyacinth replied, knowing her explanation had probably been very confusing if you weren't an Earth citizen.

"Yeah. You know, if you guys wanna know more about the Earth, there's people here on base that could explain it a LOT better than I ever could. We got an anthropologist here, his name is Doctor Williams, maybe you have seen him before, I don't know, but go talk to him. His office is on level 3, so just one down. He'll tell you everything you'd want to know. And I'm sure he'd love to know more about your world, as well."

Hyacinth took a deep breath and stood up. The mess hall had become really busy all of a sudden. Apparently, the teams that had gone on a training mission last night, had returned and now were all demanding food. She saw Swanson was up to his neck with the serving line, and all the other chefs were, too.

And the clock told her something else as she glanced at it. She was actually late for her shift! Glad to see Swanson so busy, he wouldn't have noticed her lateness.

"And I'm sorry again, Dexius. My shift has started. I need to get to work. It was really nice talking to you and I really hope you guys will be well and happy and all that, okay ?" She smiled.

Tech Sgt Hyacinth Jenkins, mess SF.

Comment

<<From men and ladies locker room>>

Astra entered the Mess Hall with her stomach growling, so she headed to the food area where she selected a chicken, cheese and tomato toasted sandwich. Astra also chose a bannana, some grapes and a bottle of water. After happily picking out her meal, she went and found a seat in the corner of the Mess Hall where she could be left alone. She put her tray on the table and sat down in the chair with a sigh of contenment as she tucked into her meal. It tasted okay and she savoured the flavours. Once she had finished her meal, Astra went to the infirmary.

<<To infirmary>>
            sigpic
            Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
            My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Elevator to Mess>>

Zach swallowed, no, more like gulped. "Stay cool Sarge." Giving a little nod to the Colonel and his entourage. He continued speaking between clenched teeth; under his breath. "Just nod graciously and lead me to a table. Any table. Certainly not that table." His face covered in a force faux grin bowed into a small nod. He awaited for Foster to take the lead.

Tim did just that and headed to the table directly across the aisle from the crowd that Zach had indicated and laid his food tray upon it. Standing right next to Claire and looking from the Colonel to the Major, "Sir, Ma'am, Ma'am." He nodded as Black had instructed. "Good morning, we are performing a little therapy for your teammate here. Reintroducing him into some lost skills." He couldn't help but let his eyes wander towards the Lieutenant as he pursed his lips together in an attempt to thwart a smug grin.

Zach stood staring straight into the faces of three cheshire cats and the top of Claire's pretty head. For some reason she seemed terribly intereted in counting the number of eyes contained in her military issued boots. Feeling suddenly surrounded his tongue searched out the inside of his cheeks. He inhaled deeply, nodded his head up and down and muttered "So it begins." He slid into the seat and looked over the tray of food, "So Sarge, you going to cut my pancakes as promised?"

<<Sg't Timothy Foster ~ on loan>>

((hope this is ok NG .... if not just say so and i will edit ... it just seemed what Tim would do!! .... oh and the cat ~~ as in Alice ~~ as in Wonderland ~~ one of my fave characters!!))
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Katherine was eating slowly, but as she enjoyed the meal, her appetite grew and soon, the plate was empty. Even though she hadn’t been hungry earlier, she felt much better now, after having a small, yet fulfilling breakfast. Before leaving her table, she finished up, by drinking the remaining orange juice from the cup. She dropped off her dishes and having done that, Katherine headed back to her room.

<<to Quarters>>

sigpic

Comment

“Um...Who’s here?”She asked playing dumb. Of course she knew he was talking about Zack. After what she had send him through she supposed show owned him to let her rib her.
                  Sharp turned to Ashwood and laughed. " 'Who's here?'," he repeated. "Why, I beleive we call him...Doctor Love."

'Foster, Foster, Foster...' "Sergeant." Sharp nodded in greeting. '...Tim! Dammit.' Sharp preferred to use first names as long as he wasn't taking to superior officers, except Nick of course; especially now that they were all working and sleeping in the same mountain until who-knows-when.

"Good morning, we are performing a little therapy for your teammate here. Reintroducing him into some lost skills." He couldn't help but let his eyes wander towards the Lieutenant as he pursed his lips together in an attempt to thwart a smug grin.
                  "Like talking to women..." Sharp whispered to Ashwood. He looked back and forth between Claire and Zack. He was being mean- but he couldn't help it- he was getting a kick out of it.

He inhaled deeply, nodded his head up and down and muttered "So it begins." He slid into the seat and looked over the tray of food...
                  "Why good morning to you too!" Sharp said in the cheeriest was possible, grinning obnoxiously. "Did you uh..." he held in his laughter, "Sleep well last night?" His face was contorted in a odd way trying to keep from laughing.
                  Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 18 January 2009, 08:22 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<< from Quarters >>

Kym breezed in, carefully not looking around for familiar faces. Too much to do this morning to get caught up in visiting. Grabbing a breakfast sandwich and a piece of fruit, the woman left just as quickly as she arrived.

<< to Infirmary >>
                    You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Tim sucked in a deep breath and started cutting the pancakes, standing with his back towards the SG-1 table, “Just ignore him Doc!” he mumbled with his teeth clenched. Geeze he felt sorry for that poor b@stard; if bantering like this was to be the future of Black… Oh boy! He decided, just there and then, that he’d keep any comment on the Black/Davies relationship to himself from now on since he obviously would have enough of it from others.
                      This guy needed all the support he could get…

“Maybe we should pretend he’s got a suite matching his slippers in his closet or something. Suits his kind of humor…” Tim gave Black a wink and pushed the tray towards Black and then raised his voice as he spoke again, “There you go, I hope that is manageable for you,” and then sat down across the Doc and slipped a sigh of pleasure as he took some sips of his long wanted black coffee.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Mess Hall

Kim looked at Sharp a bit baffled then at Claire then her eyes shot towards Zack for a moment, seeing what he was referring to this time Kim hooted, trying to suppress her giggles. Knowing she needed a distraction, Kim lifted her mug to her lips, to take a sip before she broke in to fits of giggles all over again, “Dr Love,” she kept in saying between her struggles to stay composed.

If he didn’t stop it Claire was sure her face was fully going to crimson if possible. She was still going to kill Kim for this. The Major could bet on that, but Claire’s problem was how to get past her boyfriend. Knowing they were waiting on her to speak, “Umm....who?” she asked as she felt Zack next to her all while ignoring the heat that was crawling up her neck. She felt the brush of Black’s fingers against hers as he took a seat. She glared Tim at his attempt to his grin, “If you keep that smiled plastered on your face Sarge, I’m sure you might be learning new ones yourself.

Chris’s comment did nothing to her flushed face from giggles earlier, nor did help that her snickers were flowing again, “Reminds me of a certain Major,” she eyed Sharp casually, “Won’t you agree?

This time Claire squirmed at the question Chris sent Black’s way, before the words registered in her brain, she could only look at the Colonel speechlessly, then at Tim, before her gaze went to Ashwood. Oh I’ll kill her one day, she vowed all while trying not to twitch her at all. Zack wasn't being much of help either. So much of counting on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashwood
                          Chris’s comment did nothing to her flushed face from giggles earlier, nor did help that her snickers were flowing again, “Reminds me of a certain Major,” she eyed Sharp casually, “Won’t you agree?”
                          Sharp grinned- glad that someone besides himself was enjoying this. "Oh, why yes, of course!" He laughed yet again. He looked at Claire's face and shrugged. 'It's all in good fun after all.'

Sharp's gaze went around the table, but he soon caught a glimpse of the clock.
                          "Ooohh...it looks like I've been eating for quite a while now," He stood up, and picked up his tray, "And as much as I would love to keep jabbing you guys, these mission reports aren't going to write themselves." He pushed in his chair.

"Tim, Kim; make sure these two stay on their best behavior. Claire, Zack," He paused for a second, "Have a good breakfast." And with that he gave a genuine smile and left.

<<To Quarters>>
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Mess>>

Zach sat stiff in his seat and pretended total fascination with the food before him. Not that that was really a hard place to go. He had a very fond place in his heart for the fare of the palate. His belly reminded him it too was fond of acquiring the nourishment it awaited. His ear perked as the Colonel began to chatter, WHAT? WHAT? NOOOO, he didn't ... Dr??? grrrrr. His eyes rolled around within their sockets.

Picking up the bonus glass of milk Tim had provided he drained the it. Sitting it back on the table before him he produced a smarmy grin, unaware of his newly acquired milk mustache. Kim and her giggles would pay dearly. There was not much he could do about Sharp. Kimmy and Timmy on the other hand. He stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth and challenged the comfort food to do its job.

Totally ignoring the ongong remarks from the four of them he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. As the Sarge really did start cutting his pancakes he blushed for real. "Really, I think I can. This isn't necessary. I am sure you have other stuff to do on your day off." The temptation to laugh at the comment about the bunny suit sent visions of 'A Christmas Story' flashing through his mind. He wouldn't let Foster off the hook that easy.

Shoveling bite after bite into his mouth he just wanted this over and done. At this moment he even felt betrayed by Claire. She had said slow, let it wait. She could have at least given him a warning that she was going to let the cat out of the bag. He sat eating and brewing and decided it was better to just keep quiet. Currently he wouldn't be able to control the actions of his tongue.

Nodding to Sharp as he made his exit, "Yes, sir," was the sum of his response. Fighting the desire to allow his eyes to stray to Claire he stared deeply into the cup of java. Let her take a round with Kim he had had his turn. He looked up to Foster and just shook his head. Seems he had underestimated the mild mannered medic.

Last edited by aintright; 19 January 2009, 05:28 PM.
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

<<From Men's Locker Room>>

Robert moved through the line on autopilot, still mostly ignoring the prolonged looks that continued to come courtesy of both his limp and freshly bandaged arms. As if anyone on the damn base hadn't seen an injured officer before.

He collapsed at the nearest unoccupied table. Oblivious to the conversations taking place around him, he poked at his food, only half-interested in what exactly it was. He was more concerned with the solution to an obvious problem. Well, obvious to him, at least.

He'd experienced failure so many times before. Just like now.

It was supposed to have been a simple little training exercise. It should have been easy. But he'd been shot, would have been dead had it been real. He'd blatantly shouted out flaws, tried to convince himself, and others, that those were the reasons he'd been downed. He'd been exposed to live munitions, another possible death. And he had only made more excuses. He'd then injured himself, tweaked his ankle. How the **** did that even happen? Sidelined like that, he was of no use to anyone, not in the field, despite whatever claims he'd made to having played on worse, all of which just seemed like a big lie now. That type of injury endangered the entire team in combat situations, not just him.

He was the weak link.

He realized and accepted now, he wasn't the officer Major Stevens deserved. Even if she had claimed she'd taken him on as a challenge.

"You idiot," he growled under his breath. "You weren't supposed to think about this."

Comment

Mess Hall

Claire wordlessly nodded at Sharp, watching him go she looked up and glared at Kim, as she took her seat again,“You are so dead,” she threatened, only to see Kim with a smug smile of her face, “You just had to get me to tell him, didn’t you? I was already planning on tell him, on my terms, but no thanks to you.

Oh, would you just chill,” Kim whined as she frowned in her coffee, “At least it was just three of us here. It’s not like you had to confess to the whole mess hall and deal with everything afterwards. At least you both had talked beforehand. I don‘t regret how I stumbled upon my feelings for Lance. That just so me anyway.” She laughed fondly.

Claire flinched as the words came; she knew what Kim was talking about Sarah had told her the whole story, “Oh true,” she agreed, “but that doesn’t mean I won’t still kill you. Major or not.

Kim only laughed, “Lets how you go past McKinnon,” she challenged her eyes daring the Lieutenant to do just that.

Claire smirked, “You don’t wanna know.

Comment

Working...
                                X