No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She had ate her food quietly not making much attempted to talk, since Kim’s arrival only moments after her yawning. She listened as Zack and Lance had al ittle conversation of their own. after polishing the last of her meal she leaned her head back and unintentionally fallen asleep after meeting Zack’s eye. She waited to see what tomorrow would bring.

Comment

Kim looked at him amused, “Well I’m glad for that,” she replied, and then sighed when he mentioned her talk with Claire, “I know, I will try, but for now I’ll let things be. Like I said I’ll sleep on it. But I make no promises that I won’t bite.

She looked over at Davis, seeing her already sleeping, “I think she needs to head to her quarters before she sleeps here all night.” Feeling his hand on her leg, Kim tried to keep the heat out of her eyes and tried not to show the effect of the squeeze at all. She was going to be in bigger trouble that she thought possible.

((Not much of posts, but I think muses have been snoozing by waiting for the next day to come ))

Comment

Henry smiled as he looked around the mess. It was always good to see it filling up at dinner time. His boys and girls were both busy serving folks and cooking, and clearing up again. It was a neverending circle.
        He found himself looking up at a new face. Her gypsy clothes stood out amongst the otherwise uniform-clad crowd. Must be a local, Henry thought, and smiled at the woman. Or a visiting alien... He put on his 'best behaviour hat', and greeted her cordially.

"Hello there. I'm Henry Swanson, and the head chef of this facility. How can I help you, ma'am ?" He gestured at the large dishes in the counter, stacked full of food.

Comment

Zach took another swig of the coffee. It wasn't his favorite drink but, he was beginning to think the second pill had not been that great of an idea. His head swirled with all the activity and banter of the table. His frustration with his inability to get to the meat that caused his mouth to water creeped into his demeanor.

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
          Watching Zack tackle his meal with no success, Kim nearly laughed, but instead slide his plate and helped him cut up his meat, “You know you’re hopeless,” she looked at him amused, as she handed him his plate back. Leaning over, “Next time get your girlfriend to do it. And I'm sorely tempted to run to Sharp with this piece of news

Black was ready to pounce on Kim's hand as she stole his plate. He may not be able to cut his meat but he could sink his teeth into her hand. Luckily, he came to the reality of her actions before he did anything rash. He blushed at her remark and then slightly alarmed when she brought up Sharp. "She is not my ... nothing had been cofirmed ... I would deny everything." His fork dug into the beef and then raced into his mouth. His tongue quivered as it savored the herbs and spices. After several inhalations of the roast he made eye contact and mumbled, "Thanks."

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by TheXym View Post
          He almost sent a mouthful of mashed potatoes through his nose at Black's facetiously chivalrous offer to cover his exit. Fortunately, he managed to avoid doing so. Once he was able to swallow, he took a quick sip of coffee and replied, "You know, they're going to have to talk sooner or later, Zach. Better sooner so nothing can fester, plus having us both here SHOULD be a calming influence." He looked at Black conspiratorially, then whispered, "After all, you're in the boyfriend ranks now too, whether you want to admit it or not. It goes with the territory. Plus, I've got a hunch you want them to be fully reconciled ASAP just like I do."

He nodded to the fact that the ladies needed to speak, not stopping to relinquish the opportunity to relish a new bite. He choked slightly on the bite in his mouth with the 'boyfriend ranks' remark. He began coughing and quickly dropped the fork, reaching out for the coffee he tried to drink. This time the attempt too thwart the spew was not to successful. Zach's eyes quickly darted in Claire's direction, relieved to find her asleep. He fumbled for the napkin and was again wishing he had just done as Carrie instructed and requested room service. His eyes shifted from Kim to Lance and glared at both.
          Last edited by aintright; 12 November 2008, 09:18 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

((npc to the rescue!))

<counter>

From behind the counter, Daisy Jenkins watched the banter between the flagship team, SG-1. Especially the man with the sling had caught her interest. Noticing Swanson cast a what she thought to be a disapproving eye at her, she quickly resumed her current duty, which was scraping out an empty dish, making it ready for the dishwasher.
            Swanson - before he saw Sorrel - made his way over to the private. "Go and help. It looks like he needs it. Tell him to eat in his room.". He told her, looking at the man fumbling around with his utensils once again. Shaking his head at the spewing of the coffee (granted, it was only second grade, but still... he hated it when people wasted food like that), Swanson resumed his own duties.

"Aye, sir," Daisy replied. Taking a deep breath, she put her cleaning cloth away, straightened her apron, took a different cleaning cloth (a clean one), and moved over to the team's table.

"Excuse me, sir," She softly smiled at Zach, and gave the others a greeting nod. "Let me help you," and she began to clean up the mess he'd made. Quickly and efficiently.
            "If you need it, sir, I can have brought your dinner to your room ? Sergeant Swanson suggested I told you, sir. We aim to serve, sir.". The last a hint that if he needed help with eating, she could help there, too. She of course did not have an inkling about Zach's new 'boyfriend' status...

Private first class Daisy Jenkins,
            mess npc

Chief Master Sergeant Henry Swanson, head chef

((ooc: hope this ok I got bored, lol, and yay I get to use my own first name ))
            Last edited by Ryn; 11 November 2008, 01:06 PM. Reason: edited the shirt bit out as per request :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
              Spoiler:
              Henry smiled as he looked around the mess. It was always good to see it filling up at dinner time. His boys and girls were both busy serving folks and cooking, and clearing up again. It was a neverending circle.
              He found himself looking up at a new face. Her gypsy clothes stood out amongst the otherwise uniform-clad crowd. Must be a local, Henry thought, and smiled at the woman. Or a visiting alien... He put on his 'best behaviour hat', and greeted her cordially.

"Hello there. I'm Henry Swanson, and the head chef of this facility. How can I help you, ma'am ?" He gestured at the large dishes in the counter, stacked full of food.

Sorrel ducked her head in greeting, "Sorrel of Paleria, now Foreston. I take hospitality because of storm."
              She lifted her head slightly and sniffed, "Smells very good. Specialty for tonight, please?"
              The woman surreptiously studied Swanson. He didn't look 'odd', not like some of the men she'd seen cooking at home.

You're never too old to do something goofy.
              sigpic
              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Kim laughed at the glare came her way. It was after all to be expected since the ribbing had already started, “Deny all you will, but,” she wagged her finger his way, “it’s written all over your face anyway. Now that’s saying something isn’t? I’m sure Sharp has his way of getting the confirmation out of either of you.” She send Lance a silent message from her eyes. Then moved her feet from under the table, tilted her head to look for the set of feet belonging to Davis and gave them a good hard kick.

Feeling the kick Davis snorted awake, “Tell me h3ll isn’t breaking loose,” she blinked her eyes to shake of the sleep and looked around, seeing the mess hall, she squirmed, she must be alot more tired than she though since she had fallen asleep with all the noise running around her, which was unlike her, “oh,” was the only thing on the tip of her tongue, “I guess I should head to bed,” she chatted as she got her feet and grabbed her plates, bid the group goodnight and then went over to place her dishes in the cleaning section before exiting the place.

Kim watched Davis leave while half asleep, she knew she should follow the Lieutenant but right now she wasn’t risking having her heads around that neck of hers and shake some sense into the tiny brain. Gazing at the group, “She’s got a good idea, I guess we all should head to bed, soon,” without her knowing a yawn escaped her lips. But her eyebrow rose at what the private was saying, she was glad that she wasn't have a drink or she would have sprayed all over the floor, clearing her throat, “I’m sure Doctor Black’s wife would mind it. Last I checked the aim to serve didn’t include flirting, Private.” Zack and Claire had been dancing with their obvious feeling for nearly ten months they might as well be married by now.

<<Claire to quarters>>

Comment

Daisy blinked at the remark of the officer, and visibly swallowed her shock away. Married?! Huh... "I'm sorry, ma'am. Not my intention, ma'am." She turned to Black again, "Sir, I apologise. I didn't mean to sound like what the major implies.". Done with cleaning up, she stood up straighter, as if on report, and awaited dismissal.

At the counter, Swanson gave the alien visitor a grin, and moved over to the dish that held the 'better' ribs. He decided to be really specific about the meat, lest something in her culture found boar meat offensive.
                  "That would be the roasted porc spare ribs, ma'am. They are most succesful this evening." He dished up a large portion on her plate, then added sauce. Next, he carefully surrounded the meat with vegetables, of mixed Earth and Gaian origin, making sure the plate looked as palatable as it tasted. He then added a small bread roll on the side of her tray. "There you go, ma'am. Enjoy.".

Private first class Daisy Jenkins, mess npc

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    At the counter, Swanson gave the alien visitor a grin, and moved over to the dish that held the 'better' ribs. He decided to be really specific about the meat, lest something in her culture found boar meat offensive.
                    "That would be the roasted pork spare ribs, ma'am. They are most succesful this evening." He dished up a large portion on her plate, then added sauce. Next, he carefully surrounded the meat with vegetables, of mixed Earth and Gaian origin, making sure the plate looked as palatable as it tasted. He then added a small bread roll on the side of her tray. "There you go, ma'am. Enjoy.".

(( JM? Joining in? ))

Sorrel's mouth began to water as the spicy sweet scent of the sauce reached her. Pork was a very familiar meat but, not cooked like that. She obviously sniffed, "Jack makes meat like this in high summer. Different kinds of meat. Whole town smells."
                    The woman grinned, "Sheep, cow, pig, chicken. Even one time fish. On Market day, big party." Sorrel didn't add that it was way too messy a meal for a busy seamstress to indulge in during the working day. Now that she had the leisure to taste it and not worry about unfound specks of sauce on her hands, it would be an extra special treat.

(( Let's see if Sergio mentions the recommended beef. ))
                    sigpic

Comment

((Jumping back in....Sorry about going AWOL....I've been so tired/sick that I didn't even want to think about the computer until today. ))

[SF Sergio Stricker]

Sergio opened his mouth to say something about Sorrel's preference for plain vegatables, but didn't get the chance to do so before they reached Swanson's position behind the serving line. He noticed the way the head chef instantly became 'Sgt. Polite' when he spoke to the Foreston woman. Obviously Sorrel had the same effect on the cook that she had on SF when he had seen her in the hanger bay for the first time. 99% of the time, the base personnel could count on Swanson to be 'Mr. Casual', but if there was a visitor on the base, they also knew that he would be ready to impress them any way that he could.

Sergio watched in fascination as Swanson filled Sorrel's plate. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen the chef pay so much attention to the arrangement of the food he was serving. Normally, the servers simply sploshed a few things on his plate and sent the hungry SF on his way. But he supposed that the extra care was part of Swanson's rumored ability to impress even the most skeptical food critic. "Hey Chief, I heard that you were serving roast beef tonight. But you make those ribs look so good, I just can't refuse." He told Swanson with a friendly wink. "Do you have any of the garlic bread left, or are you just down to the rolls?" He asked, knowing how quickly the people on the base grabbed the toasted garlic bread for which Swanson was so famous.

Sergio grinned as he listened to Sorrel talk about the meat that she was use to seeing in Foreston. "Yeah, I've heard about those, suppose to be really good. Haven't had the chance to try it myself. But Swanson here uses a special sauce that Jack will never be able to get out of him, no matter how hard he tries. Military secret, right Cheif?" Sergio said, leaving the conversation open for the male cook to show off his great talents.
                      Dear Journal
                      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

<counter>

Ah, yes. Jack's was famous for hosting its annual summer barbecue party. Swanson grinned, remembering the one or two occasions he had been in attendance.
                        "A barbecue, you mean ? Yeah, those are good fun." He listened to the words of the SF that was accompanying Miss Sorrel. Stricker, if Henry remembered the name right.

"Mmm-hmm. Closely guarded, and don't you even try to get it out of me, I know your security kind all too well!" He mock-sternly chastised Sergio whilst handing him the filled-up plate and his garlic bread.

Henry then regarded Sorrel again.
                        "Miss Sorrel, I hope you'll find the food as delicious as you remember it at Jack's. But if you find it tastier - I may have a special somethin' for ya, later." He gave a wink and nodded towards the dessert-range of dishes that were being piled up now that the dinner crowd had had their fill.

"Now, what can I get ya to wash that all down with, ma'am ? We've got everything you can think of, water, tea, coffee, the works. There's even some red wine, should you want some. Since you're a civilian and a visitor, I doubt General Blue will mind if I share some of his stash with you." Henry said, whilst reaching for the bottle opener. This visit was a special occasion, and as such he felt the alien woman deserved the very best he could offer her. The base was under standing orders to keep good relations with Forestonians, anyway, and Henry was going to make darned sure the relations with this particular woman were excellent.

Last edited by Ryn; 12 November 2008, 10:51 AM. Reason: forgot the bread >_< sorry

Comment

(( I hope I'm not getting too, too far away from DG's Sorrel. ))

The Foreston woman laughed gently at the two men's banter. She couldn't understand why it was said that the Tau'ri were angry all the time. Except for some malcontents, she'd always found them individually pleasant and friendly.
                          "No, no, no. Many thanks but, no wine," Sorrel shook her head, "only holiday time for wine. Water, juice or tea for me."
                          She tipped her head toward the woman slicing the beef roast, "A taste of that, please? Captain Tyler say not to miss. Tiny taste?"
                          Looking at the layout of sweets, Sorrel made a 'mmmmm' noise, "I don't take now." She lifted her tray in example, "This plenty enough for now."
                          She gave each of the men a brilliant smile, basking in the unaccustomed admiration. There were very few Palarian men available on Gaia and most of them were in mourning for lost wives and families.

sigpic

Comment

<counter>

So she prefers meat over sweets, Swanson thought, mentally raising an eyebrow. Interesting. Outwardly though, he was hospitality itself.

"Sure," he nodded at her request for a taste, and gestured Airman Sandi Drecken over, whose task it was to slice said beef.
                            "One small slice for Miss Sorrel, please."

"Aye, sir," Sandi replied and served Sorrel her 'tiny taste' with a smile. "There you go, ma'am. Hope you'll enjoy!".

"What she said," Henry smiled, still secretly proud Sorrel wanted to try another dish as well. And it was of course nice to know as well that his food was appreciated by officers and privates alike. He allowed Sandi to finish up the serving (which came on a different, smaller plate and was equally 'decorated', like the ribs had been, although far less), and began to help out with the next customer.

((I struggled with this post ... it probably shows. And, I think you do Sorrel great justice. ))

Comment

((I agree, Jyn, you play Sorrel very well. And I think that your post was fine, Ryn. ))

[SF Sergio Stricker]

Sergio accepted the plate of food from the chef with a grin. "Thanks, Chief. And you don't have worry about me trying to steal your secrets. I barely even know the difference between ketchup and mustard, much less enough about food to cook the way that you do." He told Swanson jokingly.

Sergio's eyes widened at the chef's offer of red wine to Sorrel. Of course, he wouldn't be able to indulge since he was on duty, but even if he was off duty, he was certain that the chef would rather have his thumbs choped off with that butcher knife he was so fond of, than risk upsetting General Blue by giving out the wine. The SF's eyebrows raised when Sorrel declined, and he made a mental note of her drinking practices. Rule number one of dating alien women, know what they like or don't like to eat and drink. Rule number two....well that can wait until I know know if she's really interested or if that stuff in the hanger was just so I would help her. Sergio thought to himself. A little harmless flirtation never hurt anyone after all.

Sergio chose a glass of tea for himself at the drinks station, and noticing that Swanson had already started helping the next person in the serving line, gave Sorrel a winning smile and indicated the drink selection with a nod of his head before asking her, "So, which one did you decide on? Water, tea, or juice?"
                              Dear Journal
                              My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Mess>>

Black hung his head in dismay at all the chaos gathering about him. Who was this female making all this fuss. He wasn't an invalid. Kim was rearing her head agian. He watched as Claire came to only long enough to disappear. He turned to the only sane being at the table, Lance. He was lost, oblivious, in his beef.

Zach breathed in as Kim took on the private and began to again indulge in the luscious meat on his plate. Just as the morsel truly made its impression on his palate came the arrival of the final straw. Did Kim just say he was MARRIED? This time the spew was far more pronounced. Zach stared wide eyed at the woman who had now grown horns. Was she insane? He turned again to Lance for support and then gave up. He tossed the fork into the mess on the table before him. Finding a napkin he wiped his chin. Turning to the private, "You can tell Swanson he has a deal. Have him send up a tray to my room. The meat needs to be finely cut." He was now on his feet. "If it pleases each of you, I am going to retire." The disgust in his tone dripping off of his lips. He went to make a closing remark and lost it in his annoyance.

sigpic
                                SCORE!!
                                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Working...
                                X