No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Not really ... Other than just be yourself." Gus said, watching Charles. "Explain it to her calmly at the right time, she'll accept eventually, I'm sure. If she sees how important this is to you. You should tell her the minute she sees something wrong with you. If she's observant, she'll know something's bothering you." He didn't really know Charles's wife, but he was just speaking from experience.

Comment

Charles coughed a couple of times as the coffee decided to go where not intended when he heard Aaronson’s look on things, then shook his head.
      “She reads me like an open book you know. I have no idea of how she does that, but the moment I set my foot in the house she’ll know that I’m up to something.” He took a deep breath, shot a glance over towards the counter and leant closer to the doctor.
      “I was thinking more down the line of food…you know… some sort of damage control. Do you know if the chef here has some chocolate or cocoa stashed away? That he’s willing to trade for some umm… fresh veggies?”

NPC – Charles Donovan, medic, Foreston FD.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

"Hmmmm?" said Gus, somewhat pensive. "Oh. I don't know. I doubt Swanson will share his chocolate stash with just about anyone, though. It's fairly important to morale, you know. I know they've been trying to make a Gaian version, but without real chocolate beans, it's gotta be tough. Unless of course you're growing something to that effect in your garden ?"

He was prepared to help Donovan out, but a raid on the base's chocolate stash would get him in serious trouble, Gus knew. Even if he could use 'doctor's orders' to get around it. It was just far too important to everyone. Gus knew there was a fairly big chocolate motherload in the supply rooms, somewhere, but it was under maximized security, and not easy to get by. Otherwise, he was sure said motherload would vanish within the day.
        He hoped that one day, the Tau'ri would manage to trade for the 'real deal' with a new (or old) ally.

Comment

The medic finished up his coffee and gave Aaronson a wide grin. “I think I might have something… Do you think you could introduce me to him?”

((OOC: short post!! ))

Comment

(( well I think I will copy that shortness! ))

"Weeeelll.... It's not in my job description, but I think I could be of service," Gus drawled, a joking twinkle in the eye. He finished off his food, sipped the last of the juice and water, picked up his tray and headed to the counter, clearly expecting Donovan to follow.

"Henry ..." Gus called, looking for the head chef. "There's someone here I'd like you to meet."

Comment

Master Sergeant Henry Swanson

Swanson poked his head out of the walk in freezer, shivering a bit he set the frozen meat on the counter and transfered it into the storage bins. Hearing his name being called out by Gus, "Over here doc," he gave a wave of his hand and then disappeared into the fridge for a moment, coming back out he looked at Gus, then the man next to him, "What can I do for you?"

The last time Gus had seeked him like this was to give him a trip to the Infirmary, for a check up that he had skipped.

Comment

Gus smiled at Swanson. "Well, I want you to meet a Foreston local." He indicated the man next to him. "Foreston Medic Charles Donovan, meet Head Chef Master Sergeant Henry Swanson." He winked at Henry and stage-whispered conspirationally to him.

"Apparently, he's got somewhat of a lead on chocolate. The very basis of it, if you know what I mean."

Comment

(( Sorry this took so long. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up now. ))

Originally posted by kingzing View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Xavier was a little stunned by the offer, but he quickly regained his exposure "Sure, I would be happy to join you on a run, when would you like to go?" Xavier had been planning on going on a run by himself later and was pleased that someone was going to join him
                  CJ had a good feeling about the man sitting across from her. If the reports that she and Dr. Almodeus had made on the contents of the Alarius had the result that she hoped for and they were given premission to return and extract the technology they had deemed useful, then they would need a strong team of scientists to go back with them. It would be good to take a physicist with them and if Lt. Cortez continued on this path, he would be a good canidate for the position.

Again, her thoughts suprised her, but she kept her expression nuetral as she answered the question. "How about we meet in the hanger bay an hour from now? I've got a few things to finish up in my lab first, and we really shouldn't run right after eating." The Captain raised her eyebrows questioningly in the direction of Cortez as if to ask if the timetable was ok with him.

Dear Journal
                  My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((I thought that you forgot about me ))
                    Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                    (( Sorry this took so long. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up now. ))

CJ had a good feeling about the man sitting across from her. If the reports that she and Dr. Almodeus had made on the contents of the Alarius had the result that she hoped for and they were given premission to return and extract the technology they had deemed useful, then they would need a strong team of scientists to go back with them. It would be good to take a physicist with them and if Lt. Cortez continued on this path, he would be a good canidate for the position.

Again, her thoughts suprised her, but she kept her expression nuetral as she answered the question. "How about we meet in the hanger bay an hour from now? I've got a few things to finish up in my lab first, and we really shouldn't run right after eating." The Captain raised her eyebrows questioningly in the direction of Cortez as if to ask if the timetable was ok with him.

Xavier thought about that for a second. "Sure an hour works for me, I'll see you in the hanger." It was a little earlier then he would was used to, but Xavier was happy to make the adjustment for such a nice person.
                    Xavier Cortez in GWRP
                    sigpic
                    BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
                    DIXON: What, again?

Comment

((Nope, not forgotten, just busy with school. ))

CJ offered the man a small smile before finishing the last few bites of her meal. "Don't be late." She said in only a halfway serious tone as she rose from the table. She turned to head towards the exit, but on impulse turned her head back around over her shoulder to tell Lt. Cortez one last thing. "And, ah...don't forget to stretch first." It really wouldn't be a good thing if either one of them started to get stiff muscles while running.

Depositing her trash in the garbage can next to the door, she walked calmly out of the mess hall and headed for her lab.

<<To Science Labs>>

Dear Journal
                      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                        ((Nope, not forgotten, just busy with school. ))

CJ offered the man a small smile before finishing the last few bites of her meal. "Don't be late." She said in only a halfway serious tone as she rose from the table. She turned to head towards the exit, but on impulse turned her head back around over her shoulder to tell Lt. Cortez one last thing. "And, ah...don't forget to stretch first." It really wouldn't be a good thing if either one of them started to get stiff muscles while running.

Depositing her trash in the garbage can next to the door, she walked calmly out of the mess hall and headed for her lab.

<<To Science Labs>>

((Its ok I forgive you ))

"I wont be late, and I wont forget to stretch." Xavier smiled as the captain left the mess hall. She was quite a nice person, and he was glad to have met her. He took the final bite of his sandwich, got up and dumped the garbage in the trash. He decided that he would go back to his room to write in his journal.

<<To Quarters>>
                        Last edited by kingzing; 02 May 2008, 10:12 AM.
                        Xavier Cortez in GWRP
                        sigpic
                        BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
                        DIXON: What, again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                          Gus smiled at Swanson. "Well, I want you to meet a Foreston local." He indicated the man next to him. "Foreston Medic Charles Donovan, meet Head Chef Master Sergeant Henry Swanson." He winked at Henry and stage-whispered conspirationally to him.

"Apparently, he's got somewhat of a lead on chocolate. The very basis of it, if you know what I mean."

< Kitchen area >

Charles waited for Swanson to wipe his hands and then extended his own for a handshake.
                          “Pleased to meat you Master sergeant” He nodded towards Aaronson “Doc here says that you might be able to help me out a bit…or a lot… I sort of have to make a peace offer, or just plain and simple bribe my wife later on this after noon, so I was wondering if you might be interested in some trading?”

Comment

Master Sergeant Henry Swanson

Henry raised his eyebrow at the word 'peace trade'. Right at this moment he wasn't sure if trade was likely, but he was willing to hear the man out. Especially if this could help them out in the future.

Making a expression that he was wasn't sure, "Why don't we take this to my office and discuss it a bit more further?" he asked as he pointed to his office at the far end.

Comment

< Swanson’s office >

“Sure…” Charles shrugged and followed the master sergeant in to his office, and took a deep breath as he sat down and leant back in the chair in front of Swanson’s desk.
                              “Okay then, I’d like to have 300 grams of 70% chocolate. I’d be willing to give you, say” he went silent for a few seconds to make some calculations “2 kilos of green asparagus for it…” For some odd reason that stuff grew like weed in his garden bed and he hoped that wasn't the case at the base though, and besides, giving it away was much easier then letting it go to waste on the compost again like he had last year...

Comment

Master Sergeant Henry Swanson - His Office

Henry closed his eyes as Charles made his request. 300 grams of Dark chocolate for 2 kilos of Asparagus was too much. Blue was more likely to have his hide over it, "4 kilos of asparagus for 150 grams of dark chocolate."

He laid his bid on the table. It was up Donovan to take it or leave it. He supply was running short as it was. It be a miracle if the cacao trees or even a plant was found. But right now chances were slim to none. He was doing what other around the base were; rationing their chocolate supply.

Comment

Working...
                                X