No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Thank you." Kylie whispered to Devin as she used the handkerchief to dry the last of her tears. She took few more slow, steadying breaths. "Thank you." She repeated after hearing Devin's story. She wished she could say more, much more, but she didn't trust herself to talk just yet without bursting into tears again. She had needed that. It had been a long time since everything had happened, and she made a point not to talk about it. But somehow Devin had gotten under her skin like no one had done before and forced her to talk and consequently to share some of the pain that she had held inside for so long.
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"It was about a year after I started working at the SGC. M2X-631 if I remember correctly, SG-15 was ambushed by a few Jaffa, and in trying to get out, got the DHD all shot up." Devin said, "The only available person who could get the 'Gate working at the time was myself. I took a portable terminal and a Naqudah generator. After stepping through, Katrina was on the other side, waiting to greet me. Working together on the 'Gate, we hit it off almost immediately. After getting the generator running, she gave me her call number and we kept in contact for about a month before we went off-base to go get dinner. After that, we went steady for almost a year when I had the guts to pop the question. She said yes. That was a few weeks ago. We were planning to get married a few days from now. But the Earth went up, and the plans went to all hell." He took a drink of the juice and munched on the cookie.

((I'm off to sleep. ))
      Last edited by Vampyr; 29 September 2007, 10:28 PM.

Comment

"She must have been really special. There's an Ancient saying: '************'. It doesn't translate into English very well, but it means 'When two hearts that have once beat as one are seperated, even through death, the One Beat will never cease.' In fact, there's a special word to describe that kind of love, Jailindra. Jailindra is forever unending. I think you and Katrina qualify for that description." Kylie looked down at her now empty bowl, as she sipped the last of her coffee.
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"In Dutch- at least in my house- there was a saying. The best I can translate is 'Those two that are broken, shall help each other'. Sometimes I think Dad just made it up to comfort the both of us. But I never knew, and I can't know now. Not with Earth gone and my homes with it." Devin said staring into space.
          Last edited by Vampyr; 29 September 2007, 10:28 PM.

Comment

"Well, if he made it up, then he's a very smart man. Just look at foster kids. You'd be suprised at how many of them fall in love with other foster kids. It's like since they have been through the same type of pain, it's easier for them to comfort each other. In a way, I guess we're all foster kids now. No Earth means no home, and no home means no family, and no family means...foster kid. Kylie kept her gaze focused downward. It was too hard for her to try to meet Devin's eyes after her earlier confession.
            Dear Journal

Comment

Devin favored Kylie with a rougeish grin, "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" He asked, "Because if you are..."

Comment

"Wha...What do you think I'm saying? Kylie stumbled over her words as she quickly analyzed everything that had come out of her mouth in the past ten minutes. Kylie looked up and met Devin's eyes for the first time in several minutes. "You don't think I meant...Do you? She tried to read his expression, but failed.
                Dear Journal

Comment

Shrugging Devin said, "I'm your average terran male in that regard. My brain's wired a certain way, and despite my compassion and understanding, there are still certain things I can't help but think of." Looking down for a moment, faltering he continued, "And I'd like to say sorry for what I said, it was inappropriate, but I couldn't help it."

Comment

"You don't need to apologize. You know Devin, women are wired a certain way too. And sometimes we can't stop ourselves from feeling and thinking certain things either." Kylie let her statement hang in the air for a few seconds before continuing, "Devin, I think you just need to say what you're thinking."
                    Dear Journal

Comment

((Sorry it took so long to reply. A blue screen of death ambushed me. Barely managed to fight it off.))

"Yeah, I know." Devin whispered, "I feel that I need to move on. I still love Katrina, I really do, but I can't dwell on her forever." He looked into her eyes, his saying what his words couldn't.

Comment

((No serious injuries, I hope....Oh no, now it's after me *runs to find manual on sweet talking uncooperative computers.*))

Kylie returned his gaze and knew that her eyes reflected a similar pattern to his. She had never been the type to lose her voice easily, but right now, she couldn't speak. Instead she just met Devin's eyes, and hoped that it was all he needed to know. It's ok for you to move on.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

((It almost got my music collection. Had to use a tank to fight it back.))

Pausing for a moment, almost unsure of what to do. Devin moved across the table and quietly kissed Kylie.

Comment

Kylie returned Devin's kiss, and trying to get her breathing under control whispered, "Sure you want to do that in public? It might start a few new rumors." Her eyes never wavered from his constant gaze.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

Pulling back Devin thought for a moment, "Well then, I guess I have to ask what every other guy has before me." He paused for a moment for dramatic effect, "Your place... or mine?"

Comment

"Choices, choices, let's make it yours." After the kiss, Kylie had nearly forgotten about anything and everything else, including the fact that she had been in the process of helping Pierce in the brig with the electrical re-wiring before coming to the mess hall with Devin.
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X