Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, it wasn't a ship on the list, but if we have Deep Space 9 we should probably have Babylon 5 on that side list. (since we have Farscape one and that wasn't on the list either was it?)
    Last edited by Randy_Watson; 06 March 2007, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
      well, it wasn't a ship on the list, but if we have Deep Space 9 we should probably have Babylon 5 on that side list. (since we have Farscape one and that wasn't on the list either was it?)
      Ooops, you're right.. Farscape one was not on the list as a ship, so we ARE back to ten..... We did have Deep Space 9 as a "ship" ..........

I think it shows how masculine science fiction is that the shows are named after objects......

Comment

This is just.... unbelievable..... cannot believe I'm posting this but:

RESULTS

Millenium Falcon - 10
        Serenity - 10

Which means that this tourney ends in a TIE!

Millenium Falcon and Serenity finish JOINT FIRST

I don't think anyone saw this coming way back at the begining of the tourney, but both deserve to be up here. Sorry it's a bit of an anti-climax, but that's just how it goes sometimes

Thanks to everyone who's voted, it's been fun

For now, I'll see you over in the Greatest Death Tournament
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Cool, I had a hard time deciding between the last 2 so a tie is good.

Kind of interesting how the top 3 ships are all basically transport ships with a crew of rogues.

Comment

Holy crap! I adore both ships, so I'm ecstatically happy for them both!

Comment

WOW! I didn't expect that! Fair result imo. It's amazing how both ships are so similar apart from the Falcon's offensive and FTL capabilities.

Thanks Signal for yet another excellent tournament. This one seemed to fly by.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                Ooops, you're right.. Farscape one was not on the list as a ship, so we ARE back to ten..... We did have Deep Space 9 as a "ship" ..........
                I'd say just include any sci/fi people come up with, be more interested in seeing a complete list instead of just the ships from this tournament. Id also change Serenity to Serenity/Firefly as both are named for the ship.

Comment

it was great as always "sig" ... and very unpredictable ... but unpredictable is good!!

thanks!! as always!!

teehee!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I suppose it's good to have a tie. It was so difficult having to choose one over the other.

Thanks for another great tourney Signal.
                    sigpic

Comment

haha! Awesome. Amazing tourney once again signal.

... And they both lived happily ever after.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Well, that was unexpected. I was rooting for the Falcon, but I suppose Serenity deserves it too.

Great tourney.

Comment

A BIG THANK YOU FOR THE SIGNAL!
                          sigpic
                          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

This seems the best place to post this: If anyone is curious why Babylon 5's White Star ships arouse such fervor, there's a video on YouTube that is a good display of the physics of Babylon 5: Whitestar Music Video by Kenny (kengandalf). Strange choice of music (Loreena McKennitt), but it works.

Mm, I hadn't realized how much I missed those bot-cam perspectives.
                            Last edited by Wordsmit2; 27 July 2007, 02:11 PM.
                            Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Working...
                            X