• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bionic Woman: Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideBIONIC WOMAN SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101

After a devastating car accident nearly kills her, Jaime Sommers awakens to discover that she has been given cybernetic implants that give her super-human strength, speed, and perception abilities. But the people who did this to her require much of her in return.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 12 December 2007, 07:07 PM.

Well, I just got done watching the premiere. Overall, I thought it was pretty well done. I'll definitely be tuning in to next week's episode. BTW, I thought Katee Sackhoff was great as Jaime's twisted counterpart.
    Last edited by the fifth man; 26 September 2007, 06:22 PM.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I definitely thought it was good and I'll be tuning in again next week.

I might be showing my age, but I couldn't help but do comparisons to the original "Bionic Woman".

Comment

I've never really seen any of the original Bionic Woman, so I couldn't draw any comparisons. But I think this one got off to a very nice start.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Great start! Loved it! I can't wait to see it next week.
          Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I watched specifically so I could tear it apart, but despite a few plot holes, I actually liked it.

I didn't quite buy into the whole transformation happening over a few days - the whole tech thing wasn't explained very well. Then, with her in a very fragile mental state, they let her escape. After what happened to Sara/Katee, I would think they would keep a very tight rein on their latest "project".

But I'll be back next week.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              I watched specifically so I could tear it apart, but despite a few plot holes, I actually liked it.

I didn't quite buy into the whole transformation happening over a few days - the whole tech thing wasn't explained very well. Then, with her in a very fragile mental state, they let her escape. After what happened to Sara/Katee, I would think they would keep a very tight rein on their latest "project".

But I'll be back next week.
              Maybe that was one of the mistakes they made concerning Sara. Trying to keep too tight of a rein on her.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Maybe that was one of the mistakes they made concerning Sara. Trying to keep too tight of a rein on her.
                maybe she all ready had some problems befoe they transformed her.

anyways i don't any thing about the old show that this is based on. the only reason i watched it was cuz Katee Sackhoff was in it. i liked it thou i plan on watch it a couple more times it seems good so far.

Comment

Watched it, really enjoyed it- I don't get all the complaints about the acting that were cropping up. The only place I thought it divertingly patchy was the conversation on the roof between Sarah and Jamie- the way some of the lines were delivered. Other than that, it was a strong pilot, and I'll certainly be tuning in next week.

Comment

It served its primary purpose, which is to entertain and I'll definitely tune in for another episode. It had a few problems though, particularly with the dialog.
                    I thought the first twenty minutes or so went pretty well but then things got a little disjointed. People were speaking but nothing they said was revealing or explanatory they could easily have said absolutely nothing and got the same information across.

I particularly didn't like that last exchange between Jaime and baldwhatshisname. "If we're going to do this....."?? This what? It's not that I didn't understand generally what she mean't but I could have used a few more specifics. Particularly as it seems she doesn't have much more clue about "this" than I do. Which makes her agreeing to it somehwat odd. In fact, I think her adjustment came too fast and that fight with Sara should certainly have raised more questions for her than she asked.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      Watched it, really enjoyed it- I don't get all the complaints about the acting that were cropping up. The only place I thought it divertingly patchy was the conversation on the roof between Sarah and Jamie- the way some of the lines were delivered. Other than that, it was a strong pilot, and I'll certainly be tuning in next week.
                      Well, yes, the conversation on the roof was the most glaringly bad. I did think the acting was rather weak throughout, but that was the worst. I'm hoping it has more to do with Michelle Ryan getting used to her accent - we'll see. Although Katee Sackhoff was pretty bad in that scene too, and I know she's a good actress from when I used to watch BSG. So....I don't know what was going on.

I thought it was too rushed - it probably would have worked better as a two hour pilot than trying to cram everything into one hour.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

So now that the official pilot has finally aired, can anyone tell me all the differences between it and the early leaked pilot? I hear the sis was changed and there were some other changes as well.

Like Journeyman, the BW pilot wasn't spectacular but was certainly good enough to keep me tuning in next week.

Comment

Pretty good but not great. I love Katee Sackoff as Sarah,though. She does an awesome job.
                          Why is Sarah out to kill Jaimie's boyfriend? Is it just because he's part of the whole Bionic Soldier program that screwed her up(or was she unstable to begin with???) or is it a more personal reason?

Liked the fight between Sarah and Jaimie.

Jaimie thinks she has the upper hand with "the company" for lack of a better term, but I'm sure that she doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                            Pretty good but not great. I love Katee Sackoff as Sarah,though. She does an awesome job.
                            Why is Sarah out to kill Jaimie's boyfriend? Is it just because he's part of the whole Bionic Soldier program that screwed her up(or was she unstable to begin with???) or is it a more personal reason?

Liked the fight between Sarah and Jaimie.

Jaimie thinks she has the upper hand with "the company" for lack of a better term, but I'm sure that she doesn't.
                            Alright I loved her - but I like Starbuck so I am little biased.

As for MR -- I focused in on the fact that she had full makeup on when she was recovering. What her boy friend/nurse put it on her? That was distracting. I liked the fight scenes - those were entertaining. I did not care for MR's accent suppression - that was distracting, because I did pickup on it a bit.

I am not sure why Sarah is out to get her bf -- maybe because he created her? That doesn't make sense either to me since, she made the comment that "I am cutting out all the weak parts of me".

Her little sis was good -- in what little part she played.

I will be tuning in next week to see what it brings. And Suz, you're not the only one who made the comparison to the original BW.... the original was more fluffy, this is darker?
                            sig made by me

Comment

I watched. Entertaining enough. Not the best thing on tv, but not the worst. I think it has potential.

The acting and the dialog could use work as has been noted....at least it's not as bad as I had imagined after reading what people thought about the internet pilot. I especially like that Katee Sackhoff is in this since I'm a BSG fan and that she gets to be the "bad guy"...though her acting was a bit off in places.

I'll be tuning in next week, especially since Wednesday doesn't seem to have anything else on to watch.....
                              Last edited by LoneStar1836; 27 September 2007, 02:52 PM. Reason: sp
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X