This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironic Movie Line.

I am watching Stargate: The Movie at the moment and am seeing a bgreat peice of irony. In the scene wear every one walks out of Dannyboi's talk, one guys asks him who built the pyriamads? "Men from Atlantis perhaps or Martians" Considering the title of the latest Stargate series and the fact that men from Atlantis ACTUALLY DID built not the pyramaids but the device thats allowed the goa'uld to built the prymaid.

As Jack might say: "Do ya see the Irony?"
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

What would really top it off is if they found a Stargate on Mars.

Comment

mmm... Mars...

Yeah, seeing as there's 2 gates on Earth, I've often wandered if there's any other gates in our system - and Mars would be the next likely candidate in my opinion!

Comment

but wouldn't they have issues with having two gates in one solar system? We know that by just orbiting Earth, you can use it as a point of origin. Mars may not be orbiting Earth, but it's close enough. You could try dialing for Earth, but (based on the time of year and its orbit around the Sun) end up dialing Mars instead.
        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Isn't it confusing you have 2 gates on Earth anyway? Plus from Earth, Mars is a seperate star in the night sky, and it's quite a few thousand miles away from Earth, a lot further than "just out of orbit"

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
            Isn't it confusing you have 2 gates on Earth anyway? Plus from Earth, Mars is a seperate star in the night sky, and it's quite a few thousand miles away from Earth, a lot further than "just out of orbit"
            Doesn't matter. They're called Stargates for a reason! They obviously work be having the wormholes target a system's star and then, like lightening, it jumps to the gate, and that's where gate dominance etc. comes in.

Comment

They could also be called stargates because a movie named "Transphasic Space/Time Hyperconduit" wouldn't have been very catchy

Comment

But only 1 gate can be the active gate in a system at a time. The Antarctic gate was the first gate, but when it was disabled the gate installed at Gisa by the Goa'uld became the active one. When Daniel gated from Aphophis' ship he had to gate to a different system before he could return to the earth gate, as the 2 gates had the same address. If there was a gate on mars you would be able to gate out, but not in, unless that gate was the default system gate.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, given the original translation of 'Chappa'ai', they could have called the film 'Heaven's Gate'...oh, wait.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

They could also be called stargates because a movie named "Transphasic Space/Time Hyperconduit" wouldn't have been very catchy
                    Well thats Hollywood for you.
                    How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                    *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                    *Daniel notices*
                    Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                    Jonas: Y..yes?
                    *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                    Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                    Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                    Daniel:Uh...no...
                    Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Working...
                    X