Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just to clear things up, is Atlantis on Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clear things up, is Atlantis on Earth?

I read and watched some things that have me confused about where Atlantis is. So is it that the city of Atlantis where the show will be held is on Earth or is the StarGate to Atlantis on Earth and Atlantis is in pegasuss Galaxy or something? If Altlantis isn't on Earth why not? Kind of makes it contradictory to the eye witnesses and records in real life.

Atlantis was on Earth, a couple of million years ago. Then it flew away into space, to the Pegasus Galaxy.

There's no special, magical gate to go there, they use the one in the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
      Atlantis was on Earth, a couple of million years ago. Then it flew away into space, to the Pegasus Galaxy.

There's no special, magical gate to go there, they use the one in the SGC.
      uhhhh... Flew into Space?
      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Sure they had to get it there the first time so I guess they flew it there.

Maybe?

Comment

Records in real life? What records in real life? Atlantis is a myth, propagated by Plato as a backdrop for philosophical discourse.

And the entire city of Atlantis is apparently spaceworthy in unaired/unfilmed sequences from TLC; whether they'll ever refer to this idea again is anyone's guess.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Here, this was cut from the end of Lost City...
            Attached Files

Comment

The way I interpreted it, a place on Earth may have once been called Atlantis. This place is no longer there, although some Ancient technology is there. The place now known as Atlantis is in the Pegasus galaxy.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

were did that come from Teal'c
                Last edited by Wrathox; 26 May 2004, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Yes, the movie ending had the lost city on Earth and lifting into outspace to where it is now. My question is, why did it move there?
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                      Yes, the movie ending had the lost city on Earth and lifting into outspace to where it is now. My question is, why did it move there?
                      Maybe the encroaching ice triggered a self preservation mechanism.

Or maybe it was on a timer.

Or maybe a small piece of ice fell onto a loose board, which in turn sent a loose fragment of rock flying through the air, which hit the stargate dialing device, which activated the gate, whose ka-woosh cut a rope that caused a bucket of sand to tip over, causing a rod to slowly lower onto the 'Launch City Into Another Galaxy' button.....

I like the third one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        Or maybe a small piece of ice fell onto a loose board, which in turn sent a loose fragment of rock flying through the air, which hit the stargate dialing device, which activated the gate, whose ka-woosh cut a rope that caused a bucket of sand to tip over, causing a rod to slowly lower onto the 'Launch City Into Another Galaxy' button.....
                        Oh how Rube Goldberg-esque! Delightful!
                        Nmom
                        sigpic

Comment

Some SPOILERS (kind of) for SG-1's Season Seven finale, "Lost City" ...

According to an early draft of "Lost City," Atlantis took off from Earth (what's now Antarctica) millions of years ago and headed into space.

Now that that version has been excised, who knows whether or not the writers will decide if Atlantis was ever on Earth. They may very well not.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                            Handy for the shops?
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              Some SPOILERS (kind of) for SG-1's Season Seven finale, "Lost City" ...

According to an early draft of "Lost City," Atlantis took off from Earth (what's now Antarctica) millions of years ago and headed into space.

Now that that version has been excised, who knows whether or not the writers will decide if Atlantis was ever on Earth. They may very well not.
                              Jack refered to Earth as 'Terra Atlantis' or at least part of earth.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Atlantis was at least constructed here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X