This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching Episodes before TV Release?

How have so many people seen Moebius 1 & 2 already?
    Last edited by Spimman; 13 March 2005, 12:43 PM.
    sigpic

Because it has aired in the UK already, the UK gets the second half of the season before the US.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
      How have so many people seen Moebius 1 & 2 already?
      Other places, like Canada and Europe, had a shorter mid-season break, so everyone from there has seen Moebius 1 & 2. I guess that would be a significant number of the people from the forum, just check the location tag near people's reputation. As for people from the US, it'll be another few weeks...
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

Canada is actually really far behind on Stargate SG-1. Very far ahead on Stargate Atlantis though.

The UK finished airing season 8 a while ago and people um... *cough* download *cough* episodes.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

No no, they dont download. The procure through transfer of bits over the intarweb.

Dont use such naughty words!
          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

ahem

ixnay on mentioning alternative means of viewing episodes

however people get to see the episodes is thier business.

formost of the folks in the us, they get moeb this coming friday, with moeb 2 the next week
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I, um..."acquired" Threads 1 day before it aired here in the U.S., because I knew I wouldn't be near a TV to watch it at the time Sci-Fi aired it. It's the only time I saw an episode before it officially aired for the first time.
              Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Its the way different countries air at different times really. Like the US is gonna see the first half of S9 and S2 of SGA before a lot of other countries. Then we catch up lol

Its the only thing that keeps me sane while I wait to see the first half of the series; the knowledge that I'll see the 2nd half before so many people lol
                meh

Comment

People have devices called TV Tuner Cards which allow them to literally watch TV on their computer. They just record the episode and can upload it where ever they want.

I record stuff on my computer all the time. It's a lot easier than a VCR.

Comment

Guilty, don't hate me for it...

I couldn't take it anymore! I played the Sky version on my Mitsu 65" hidef and wow, it looked WAY better than the standard Comcast feed I get on my monster screen!

Comment

Working...
                    X