This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Would Win?

If there was a fight between John Preston (from Equilibrium) and Neo (the Matrix), who do you think would win?

Personally, I think John Preston could easily kick Neo's ass

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Neo could obviously beat anyone, the fact that he can bend the coding the world is made out of to his whim kinda gives him the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      Personally, I think John Preston could easily kick Neo's ass
      Yeah. If he could touch Neo!!!
      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Hmm, i think it'd depend on if Neo was in the Matrix or outta the Matrix. Out, he could possibly be smeared all over the real world, in the Matrix, probably it'd be Johnny boy who'd be getting smeared all over ... the currant fighting area.
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          Hmm, i think it'd depend on if Neo was in the Matrix or outta the Matrix. Out, he could possibly be smeared all over the real world, in the Matrix, probably it'd be Johnny boy who'd be getting smeared all over ... the currant fighting area.
          Logic dictates this perfectly sane expression.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

i agree with O-Ra and Ancient on this Marty!

Comment

You people are no fun...

Just in a regular fight.

Throw them in a gym and let them go at it.

John Preston would win

Comment

Definitley Preston. Neo's speed only came from the Matrix, so even if he still knew his martial arts, Preston would wipe the floor with him.
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

In a regular fight I think Preston would wipe the floor with Neo...in the matrix, Neo every time

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                    In a regular fight I think Preston would wipe the floor with Neo...in the matrix, Neo every time
                    Neo would just run away

Comment

no he wouldn't he'd get agent smith to get preston!

Comment

Hey, I though no Matrix allowed! I think in a normal fight, Preston would wind for a very simple reason. Neo has had all his fighting skills downloaded into his brain. Preston has had the long-term mental discipline that comes with learning a martial for that long and getting that good. On that level, it's a state of mind. Huge advantage.
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty

You people are no fun...

Just in a regular fight.

Throw them in a gym and let them go at it.

John Preston would win
                          If it's gonna be a gym fight my cash is on Muhamid Ali. Or Bruce. I mean come on, Bruce would kick both their a$$es at the same time, without using his right arm. They're both skinny white guys. As psyched as I was to see kung fu in the matrix, reeves isn't that good. As to Bale, I know Hex likes him
                          , but he isn't that good either. Granted I've got 12 years of practice so I'm a bit jaded, but I'm not that good. Bruce (as in Lee), by knock out, in less than a minute. that's my prediction. Or Muhammid Ali in the second round, if neo/preston stand and try to fight him instead of running around the ring like a terrified child.
                          ~Teddy
                          ~Teddy
                          "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

If I really gotta pick between the two though it's complex. For now I'm going to leave out Super Man Neo because I like to pretend that the movies that took place after the original Matrix didn't actually take place. Based on that, who would win, a well trained killer, or a man that has spent most of his life in a bubble and still would logically have very atrophed muscles to an extent. Let me think.

If we're going to take Neo from first movie in matrix. It'd be more interesting. But keep in mind neo would be bare handed, most of the fights in equilibrium Preston had weapons of some kind. Neo leanred many different styles of unarmed combat. Preston trained in hand guns (fired or melee), rifles, ninja-to (as evidensed by the practice sword fight with the club looking things), and the katana. Lord knows what else he knew how tofight with. I'm sure he was equally effective without weapons as well. I hate doing this. But I concede to Preston on this as well. Not just because of knowledge, or practice application. But because Neo was so much more in a box with his fighting, more limited, less able to adapt.

Now, if we include Superman Neo. Then it's kind of drab. Becaue bullets don't work for one. Two, the speed factor. Preston has good reflexes, but Neo is so fast as to overcome Preston's quickness. Superman Neo would win very quickly, very quickly.

More interesting I think would be a Morpheus from Matrix One rather than Neo. Morpheus had the creativity and experience. I think Morpheus (in matrix) would be able to pull out a win from Preston.

Although, Trinity would kick both their asses, maybe not as fast as Bruce, but she'd make it look pretty. There, I'm done, you can go about your business.
                            ~Teddy
                            "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Neo. *Laughs* come on there's no competition

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Working...
                              X