This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob Carter in Threads

So who else has been depressed since Jacob Carter died? I had seen the spoilers that he was going to die, but having seen it...it was depressing. He was one of my favorite characters and seeing him die affected me more that I thought it would. I don't see why the writers had to kill him off. Did they do it just to kill off that thread (hence the name of the episode?). There are other ways they could have written him out without killing him.

I thought I would be excited to see this episode. And it was going real well, I loved the Daniel, parts, until Jacob died.

Anyway, anyone else feel like this?!?

Yeah i did not like it one bit that they killed him off first ole doc fraiser now this. I fear Bratec may be next.

Perfecto!

Comment

Loved the character, but this is sci fi.....they always can come back.
      I am still ouching after what happend to Lord Yu....another favorite.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Stargate seems to be loosing characters left and right first Daniel (I still haven't recovered from that), Dr. Frasier, Hammond, Jacob, and Jack doesn't show up as much as he used to. Stargate isn't what it used to be.

The best thing they could do is not try to replace them with others like they did with Jonas Quinn (ick).
        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

I can't believe they killed him off. And why did they kill him off? For the SHIPPY storyline. What occurred during the episode when Janet died? Shippy angst. I'm so sick of them killing off characters for the ship storyline.

Oh well, at least I saw the spoilers for it this time.
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

What occurred during the episode when Janet died?

Fraiser travels to P3X-666 and stems the bleeding on Simon Wells' wounds. She saves his life, but is shot in the chest by a Jaffa and killed.

At least Janet went out with a little honor and bravery in that episode unlike Jacob who was killed so that Sam and Jack could get to together. Poor story writing.
            Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

I think everyone really thought this was going to be the last season but then they got another. So it would of been a good end to the series but then SciFi buys another season so the writers have to try and wrap it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                I can't believe they killed him off. And why did they kill him off? For the SHIPPY storyline. What occurred during the episode when Janet died? Shippy angst. I'm so sick of them killing off characters for the ship storyline.

I too am glad I saw the spoilers, at least this time I was somewhat prepared.

I also don't buy the line that Selmac was old. I mean he was only in Jacob for 6 years. If he was that close to death, surely they would have known about it a couple years back or even when he went into Jacob.

As long as we are talking about things we don't like, why did they pretty much have to kill off the whole Tocra story line a couple seasons back. They were one of our allies that I really enjoed, especially when they got Jack all fired up.
                Last edited by redfox000; 14 March 2005, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom

At least PETE didn't have to die as many predicted he would...for the "shippy line" as you so well put it.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                    I think everyone really thought this was going to be the last season but then they got another. So it would of been a good end to the series but then SciFi buys another season so the writers have to try and wrap it up again.
                    I think so too. I'll miss Jacob. I liked the Sam-Jacob relationship. I thought the whole Selmak dying came out of nowhere. Was he exposed to some toxin? Did running the ancient weapon do something to him? i thought we'd get some explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                      At least PETE didn't have to die as many predicted he would...for the "shippy line" as you so well put it.
                      Better PETE that Jacob! His death was C R A P P Y and pointless...
                      Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

did they kill Daniel off again????

Comment

Yeah, gonna miss the father/daughter relationship they had. Not to mention the ties he had to Hammond are now cut. It would have been nice to see the two of them in the same room again.

Jacob was a great character, that doesn't give me much hope of Bra'tac or Ba'al surviving for much longer.

It does seem like they killed it so they could get Sam and Jack together. Grr... not happy.

Comment

I think the death of Jacob is more of the beginning of the end for Tok'ra and Goa'uld story lines. Why would the Tok'ra need to fight the Goa'uld now that the Jaffa are free ? I will miss Jacob for his tenderness as a father and his good common sense.
                            Michael Shanks gives aural pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by redfox000
                              I too am glad I saw the spoilers, at least this time I was somewhat prepared.

I also don't buy the line that Selmac was old. I mean he was only in Jacob for 6 years. If he was that close to death, surely they would have known about it a couple years back or even when he went into Jacob.

As long as we are talking about things we don't like, we did they pretty much have to kill off the whole Tocra story line a couple seasons back. They were one of our allies that I really enjoed, especially when they got Jack all fired up.
                              That's true. I know they don't plan to kill off characters that far ahead, but there should have at least been some indication before Reckoning that something was wrong.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                              X