This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: The Collectable Card Game

This thread is intended for all CCG gamers who would love to see a Stargate:CCG. Let's discuss what the game might look like.
    Major Kawalsky
    I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
    U.S. Stargate Command

Okay, first up, what is the basic premise?

Magic:The Gathering's premise was two (or more) wizards wizards duelling for control. It is essential a battle royale with the last person standing winning. I dislike this particular arrangement for SG:CCG because it does not capture the episodic nature of the series and is too much like a battle. SG team battles should be a part of SG:CCG but not the whole focus

In Star Trek:TNG CCG players selected factions to play (the Feds, Klingon, Romulan, etc) and competed with each other to complete missions for which the player scored points. First to 100 points wins. This CCG captures the episodic nature with the different missions, but would players want to play non-SG factions (Gou'ald, To'kra, Asgard, Furlings?). I am thinking yes.

A third option would be like the X-Files CCG. All players are members of the FBI and each has a specific set of missions they will perform. Other players can not try to perform your missions but try to prevent you from accomplishing you mission by playing cards against you. I initially leaned this way because all players would be SG Teams but the more I think about non-SG factions (Rebel Jaffa!) to more I like it!
    Major Kawalsky
    I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
    U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Hey, Kawalsky!

Contact Steve Jackson Games in Austin and tell Giles Schildt, their Webmaster, I sent you.

If SJGames (or someone else) has a prototype ready to playtest by next spring, we'll invite them to ChimaeraCon2005.

Gilder McCarroll
      Publicity/Guest Coordinator
      ChimaeraCon2004 (April)
      San Antonio, TX, USA
      Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Working...
      X