Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanks speaks out for Enterprise

From Trekunited.com:

"Tim Brazeal (TrekUnited Founder), Tom Moore (Co-Founder), Candice McCallie (PR Director) and Brandon LeBlanc (Webmaster, SaveEnterprise.Com) will be present to talk with fans, hand out flyers and discuss the future of Enterprise with the show's creative crew. Jolene Blalock ("T'Pol"), Connor Trineer ("Trip") , Manny Coto (executive producer), Michael Sussman (writer), Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens (writers) as well as TrekUnited supporter Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry will have appearances at the convention.

During the week-end, TrekUnited is performing exclusive video interviews with Jolene Blalock, Connor Trineer and, for all Stargate SG-1 fans, Michael Shanks, which will be avaiable for download early next week. Check back to learn about Connor's, Jolene's and Michael's thoughts on the cancellation and their reaction to the fan efforts!"

This is the link to the full news item.

Very interesting.. Nice to see that the cast and friends are getting involved with the effort. I don't if it will work but sounds like they are bringing the heat

Comment

Not to offend people but Enterprise sucks!

I now understand why they got Scott for the role of Archer because they where trying re-create QL but in the Star Trek universe.

I am a lifelong Star Trek fan but Star Trek has been going down hill since DS9 finished.

The whole reason for Enterprise was so Rick Berman could get rid of Gene Roddenberry (sorry spelling?) Star Trek and it's backfired in his face and he has effectively killed Trek!

I really admire the fans though trying to raise the cash for another season of Enterprise but it's a big ask trying to raise $30 million dollers, also convince UPN to sell the rights of the show to Sci-Fi. The only reason it got a forth season was due to money. Because you can't all a DVD boxset a collectors item without a run of four seasons.

Let Star Trek chill for a bit and come back in another ten to fifteen years and it might be the Trek we all love again.

Comment

I'm a big Michael Shanks fan, but why are they interviewing him about Enterprise? Has he ever even watched the show? I've never heard anything about him being a fan of the show or friends with the castmates, so this interview seems kinda random. I'll still listen though
        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Amun
          Not to offend people but Enterprise sucks!
          Just think about that statement for a second. You're welcome to your opinion, but perhaps you could state it a little more tactfully.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Yeah Amun...I agree...go edit your post.

A way to say it more softly is 'I don't really like the show much.'
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I actually enjoyed the 3rd series (it got really quite dark towards the end) and the 4th series is gong well,

however "enterprise sucks" is more applicable to the first two season, i honestly can't think of an episode i would change my schedule to watch (maybe with the exception of the "reed alert" one lol). they were just so bland and smalzy mostly, and Tripp interferred with alien women/cultures far to oftern

Comment

See the problem with seasons 1 and 2 is that they just used left over Voyager plots. Except for a different crew and lower technology there was very little differences between Voyager and Enterprise at the beginning.
                Bermaga should have been pretty much left out of this show. It was supposed to have a different feel and putting B&B on the show made it seem the same. The last 2 seasons have been a lot better with a new writer.

Comment

I don't think they're interviewing Shanks about Trek; I think it's a separate interview. It's how it's written that makes it look like Shanks and the effort to save Ent is connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                    I don't think they're interviewing Shanks about Trek; I think it's a separate interview. It's how it's written that makes it look like Shanks and the effort to save Ent is connected.
                    No, it was about Trek. He was interviewed by the head of TrekUnited/SaveEnterprise for the purpose of showing support for Trek. Other topics were of course covered but the purpose was for Trek.

Comment

Working...
                    X